The more crap you put up with, the more crap you are going to get.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Invitation

SubjectAuthor
* InvitationEd P
+* Re: InvitationHank Rogers
|`* Re: InvitationSnag
| +* Re: InvitationEd P
| |+- Re: InvitationGM
| |+- Re: InvitationHank Rogers
| |+* Re: InvitationBruce
| ||`* Re: InvitationLeonard Blaisdell
| || `- Re: InvitationBruce
| |`- Re: InvitationSnag
| `* Re: Invitationjamesirving
|  `- Re: InvitationSnag
+* Re: InvitationJanet
|`* Re: InvitationEd P
| +* Re: InvitationGraham
| |+* Re: InvitationGM
| ||`* Re: InvitationD
| || `* Re: InvitationDave Smith
| ||  `- Re: InvitationBruce
| |+* Re: InvitationEd P
| ||`* Re: InvitationEd P
| || `* Re: InvitationDave Smith
| ||  `* Re: InvitationEd P
| ||   +* Re: InvitationItsJoanNotJoAnn
| ||   |+- Re: InvitationEd P
| ||   |+* Re: Invitationjamesirving
| ||   ||+- Re: InvitationCindy Hamilton
| ||   ||`* Re: InvitationItsJoanNotJoAnn
| ||   || `- Re: InvitationHank Rogers
| ||   |`- Re: InvitationJanet
| ||   `* Re: InvitationJanet
| ||    `- Re: InvitationBruce
| |+* Re: Invitationlucretia
| ||`* Re: InvitationGraham
| || `* Re: InvitationEd P
| ||  `- Re: InvitationGraham
| |`* Re: Invitationjmcquown
| | +- Re: InvitationGraham
| | `- Re: InvitationGraham
| `* Re: InvitationCindy Hamilton
|  `* Re: InvitationDave Smith
|   `- Re: InvitationBruce
`- Re: InvitationItsJoanNotJoAnn

Pages:12
Invitation

<6611d632$2$1082213$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307393&group=rec.food.cooking#307393

Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 19:09:38 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
Subject: Invitation
 by: Ed P - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 23:09 UTC

You are invited. All the talk of the eclipse on Monday got me to look
when the next on will happen. Well, it is in August of 2045, just a bit
before my 100th Birthday. To make it perfect, the path of totality is
over much of Florida and my house is near center. It will be perfect for
a party

https://nationaleclipse.com/maps/map_08122045.html

The party planning has started. Everyone will have a name tag since we
may not recognize or remember each other at that point. Especially in
the dark of an eclipse, but we may be living in the dark anyway.

Foods served will be easily digestible and have vitamin supplements of
your choice on the side. Glucerna and vodka punch of course.

There will be party favors of course. Six-pack of Ensure, a box of
Depends and other useful items.

We can play games, however, Hide and Seek will not be allowed as that
would probably require police dogs to do the seeking.

Suggestions welcome.

You, or your caretaker, should RSVP by July of 2045.

Re: Invitation

<uusl49$2bub3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307395&group=rec.food.cooking#307395

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Invitation
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 18:16:20 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 23:16 UTC

Ed P wrote:
> You are invited.  All the talk of the eclipse on Monday got me to look when
> the next on will happen.  Well, it is in August of 2045, just a bit before
> my 100th Birthday.  To make it perfect, the path of totality is over much
> of Florida and my house is near center. It will be perfect for a party
>
> https://nationaleclipse.com/maps/map_08122045.html
>

> The party planning has started.  Everyone will have a name tag since we may
> not recognize or remember each other at that point.  Especially in the dark
> of an eclipse, but we may be living in the dark anyway.
>
> Foods served will be easily digestible and have vitamin supplements of your
> choice on the side.  Glucerna and vodka punch of course.
>
> There will be party favors of course.  Six-pack of Ensure, a box of Depends
> and other useful items.
>
> We can play games, however, Hide and Seek will not be allowed as that would
> probably require police dogs to do the seeking.
>
> Suggestions welcome.
>
> You, or your caretaker, should RSVP by July of 2045.

I'll be there. I'll bring my own oxygen tank and urine bag. I'm hoping to
bring queen quown, but she'll need lots of attendants, so it may not happen.

Re: Invitation

<uusn2c$2cb8m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307398&group=rec.food.cooking#307398

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 18:49:32 -0500
 by: Snag - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 23:49 UTC

On 4/6/2024 6:16 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Ed P wrote:
>> You are invited.  All the talk of the eclipse on Monday got me to look
>> when the next on will happen.  Well, it is in August of 2045, just a
>> bit before my 100th Birthday.  To make it perfect, the path of
>> totality is over much of Florida and my house is near center. It will
>> be perfect for a party
>>
>> https://nationaleclipse.com/maps/map_08122045.html
>>

>> The party planning has started.  Everyone will have a name tag since
>> we may not recognize or remember each other at that point.  Especially
>> in the dark of an eclipse, but we may be living in the dark anyway.
>>
>> Foods served will be easily digestible and have vitamin supplements of
>> your choice on the side.  Glucerna and vodka punch of course.
>>
>> There will be party favors of course.  Six-pack of Ensure, a box of
>> Depends and other useful items.
>>
>> We can play games, however, Hide and Seek will not be allowed as that
>> would probably require police dogs to do the seeking.
>>
>> Suggestions welcome.
>>
>> You, or your caretaker, should RSVP by July of 2045.
>>

> I'll be there. I'll bring my own oxygen tank and urine bag. I'm hoping
> to bring queen quown, but she'll need lots of attendants, so it may not
> happen.

I'll be 93 , and if I come I'll likely as not roll up on a Harley ...
probably also have 3 wheels , but hey it's still a Harley .
--
Snag
"They may take our lives but

Re: Invitation

<6611e6cc$0$1082206$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307404&group=rec.food.cooking#307404

Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 20:20:28 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 00:20 UTC

On 4/6/2024 7:49 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 4/6/2024 6:16 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Ed P wrote:
>>> You are invited.  All the talk of the eclipse on Monday got me to
>>> look when the next on will happen.  Well, it is in August of 2045,
>>> just a bit before my 100th Birthday.  To make it perfect, the path of
>>> totality is over much of Florida and my house is near center. It will
>>> be perfect for a party
>>>
>>> https://nationaleclipse.com/maps/map_08122045.html
>>>

>>> The party planning has started.  Everyone will have a name tag since
>>> we may not recognize or remember each other at that point.
>>> Especially in the dark of an eclipse, but we may be living in the
>>> dark anyway.
>>>
>>> Foods served will be easily digestible and have vitamin supplements
>>> of your choice on the side.  Glucerna and vodka punch of course.
>>>
>>> There will be party favors of course.  Six-pack of Ensure, a box of
>>> Depends and other useful items.
>>>
>>> We can play games, however, Hide and Seek will not be allowed as that
>>> would probably require police dogs to do the seeking.
>>>
>>> Suggestions welcome.
>>>
>>> You, or your caretaker, should RSVP by July of 2045.
>>>

>> I'll be there. I'll bring my own oxygen tank and urine bag. I'm hoping
>> to bring queen quown, but she'll need lots of attendants, so it may
>> not happen.
>>

>   I'll be 93 , and if I come I'll likely as not roll up on a Harley ...
> probably also have 3 wheels , but hey it's still a Harley .

Since it won't have a lot of capacity to bring stuff, be sure to let me
know ahead if you need a walker. I'll make arrangements with a local
DME to have them available.

Re: Invitation

<ab78a91a9e0e887104e45200e1b06ebf@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307406&group=rec.food.cooking#307406

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 00:22:46 +0000
 by: GM - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 00:22 UTC

Ed P wrote:

> On 4/6/2024 7:49 PM, Snag wrote:

>>> I'll be there. I'll bring my own oxygen tank and urine bag. I'm hoping
>>> to bring queen quown, but she'll need lots of attendants, so it may
>>> not happen.
>>>

>>   I'll be 93 , and if I come I'll likely as not roll up on a Harley ...
>> probably also have 3 wheels , but hey it's still a Harley .

> Since it won't have a lot of capacity to bring stuff, be sure to let me
> know ahead if you need a walker. I'll make arrangements with a local
> DME to have them available.

Jeez, yoose guys need to stop talking like this, it's kinda "morbid"...

8-)

--
GM

Re: Invitation

<uuspks$2cqn9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307408&group=rec.food.cooking#307408

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 19:33:32 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 00:33 UTC

Ed P wrote:
> On 4/6/2024 7:49 PM, Snag wrote:

>>> I'll be there. I'll bring my own oxygen tank and urine bag. I'm hoping
>>> to bring queen quown, but she'll need lots of attendants, so it may not
>>> happen.
>>>

>>  Â  I'll be 93 , and if I come I'll likely as not roll up on a Harley ...
>> probably also have 3 wheels , but hey it's still a Harley .
>

> Since it won't have a lot of capacity to bring stuff, be sure to let me
> know ahead if you need a walker.  I'll make arrangements with a local DME
> to have them available.

Will we have to kiss de-santy's but, or trumps ass for the walker?

Re: Invitation

<uusrnf$2d83a$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307413&group=rec.food.cooking#307413

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 11:09:03 +1000
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 01:09 UTC

On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 20:20:28 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 4/6/2024 7:49 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 4/6/2024 6:16 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>>> I'll be there. I'll bring my own oxygen tank and urine bag. I'm hoping
>>> to bring queen quown, but she'll need lots of attendants, so it may
>>> not happen.
>>>
>>   I'll be 93 , and if I come I'll likely as not roll up on a Harley ...
>> probably also have 3 wheels , but hey it's still a Harley .
>

>Since it won't have a lot of capacity to bring stuff, be sure to let me
>know ahead if you need a walker. I'll make arrangements with a local
>DME to have them available.

I hope Snag will bring his guns, in case he runs into some communists.

Re: Invitation

<uut1u6$2idbj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307415&group=rec.food.cooking#307415

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 21:55:01 -0500
 by: Snag - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 02:55 UTC

On 4/6/2024 7:20 PM, Ed P wrote:
> On 4/6/2024 7:49 PM, Snag wrote:

>>> I'll be there. I'll bring my own oxygen tank and urine bag. I'm
>>> hoping to bring queen quown, but she'll need lots of attendants, so
>>> it may not happen.
>>>

>>    I'll be 93 , and if I come I'll likely as not roll up on a Harley
>> ... probably also have 3 wheels , but hey it's still a Harley .
>

> Since it won't have a lot of capacity to bring stuff, be sure to let me
> know ahead if you need a walker.  I'll make arrangements with a local
> DME to have them available.

If I can still throw my leg over a bike it's not likely I'll be
needing a walker . What would be a real gas is if I showed up on the
1939 flathead . It's kick start only (and still in pieces right now) .
--
Snag
"They may take our lives but
they'll never take our freedom."
William Wallace

Re: Invitation

<64f38e92c5377674bc9f0d4c19c804f0@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307419&group=rec.food.cooking#307419

From: zapsuse...@gufum.com (jamesirving)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 06:40:08 +0000
 by: jamesirving - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 06:40 UTC

Snag wrote:

> On 4/6/2024 6:16 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Ed P wrote:
>>> You are invited.  All the talk of the eclipse on Monday got me to look
>>> when the next on will happen.  Well, it is in August of 2045, just a
>>> bit before my 100th Birthday.  To make it perfect, the path of
>>> totality is over much of Florida and my house is near center. It will
>>> be perfect for a party
>>>
>>> https://nationaleclipse.com/maps/map_08122045.html
>>>

>>> The party planning has started.  Everyone will have a name tag since
>>> we may not recognize or remember each other at that point.  Especially
>>> in the dark of an eclipse, but we may be living in the dark anyway.
>>>
>>> Foods served will be easily digestible and have vitamin supplements of
>>> your choice on the side.  Glucerna and vodka punch of course.
>>>
>>> There will be party favors of course.  Six-pack of Ensure, a box of
>>> Depends and other useful items.
>>>
>>> We can play games, however, Hide and Seek will not be allowed as that
>>> would probably require police dogs to do the seeking.
>>>
>>> Suggestions welcome.
>>>
>>> You, or your caretaker, should RSVP by July of 2045.
>>>

>> I'll be there. I'll bring my own oxygen tank and urine bag. I'm hoping
>> to bring queen quown, but she'll need lots of attendants, so it may not
>> happen.
>>

> I'll be 93 , and if I come I'll likely as not roll up on a Harley ...
> probably also have 3 wheels , but hey it's still a Harley .

That's amazing! Sounds like your fruit garden is a symphony of blooms. My
envy is real – especially for those close-to-ripening strawberries!
Thinning the fruit sounds like the wise choice, but hey, who wouldn't be
tempted by a harvest that big? Maybe some creative pie crust reinforcements
are in order?

Re: Invitation

<uuu9gk$2qpbg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307431&group=rec.food.cooking#307431

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 09:10:28 -0500
 by: Snag - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 14:10 UTC

On 4/7/2024 1:40 AM, jamesirving wrote:
> Snag wrote:

>>> I'll be there. I'll bring my own oxygen tank and urine bag. I'm
>>> hoping to bring queen quown, but she'll need lots of attendants, so
>>> it may not happen.
>>>

>>    I'll be 93 , and if I come I'll likely as not roll up on a Harley
>> ... probably also have 3 wheels , but hey it's still a Harley .
>
> That's amazing! Sounds like your fruit garden is a symphony of blooms.  My
> envy is real –  especially for those close-to-ripening strawberries!
> Thinning the fruit sounds like the wise choice, but hey, who wouldn't be
> tempted by a harvest that big?  Maybe some creative pie crust
> reinforcements
> are in order?

I think this response ended up in the wrong thread somehow ... but
yes , the garden and orchard both are doing well this year .
--
Snag
"They may take our lives but
they'll never take our freedom."
William Wallace

Re: Invitation

<MPG.407ce1a897067a58989c2d@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307447&group=rec.food.cooking#307447

From: nob...@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:01:02 +0100
 by: Janet - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:01 UTC

In article <6611d632$2$1082213
$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>, esp@snet.xxx says...

> You are invited. All the talk of the eclipse on Monday got me to look
> when the next on will happen. Well, it is in August of 2045, just a bit
> before my 100th Birthday. To make it perfect, the path of totality is
> over much of Florida and my house is near center. It will be perfect for
> a party
>
> https://nationaleclipse.com/maps/map_08122045.html
>

> The party planning has started. Everyone will have a name tag since we
> may not recognize or remember each other at that point. Especially in
> the dark of an eclipse, but we may be living in the dark anyway.
>
> Foods served will be easily digestible and have vitamin supplements of
> your choice on the side. Glucerna and vodka punch of course.

> There will be party favors of course. Six-pack of Ensure, a box of
> Depends and other useful items.
>
> We can play games, however, Hide and Seek will not be allowed as that
> would probably require police dogs to do the seeking.
>
> Suggestions welcome.
>
> You, or your caretaker, should RSVP by July of 2045.

Just a little question about the dress code; will
shrouds be acceptable?

Janet UK

Re: Invitation

<6612e1c5$0$1082201$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307448&group=rec.food.cooking#307448

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 14:11:17 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:11 UTC

On 4/7/2024 1:01 PM, Janet wrote:
> In article <6611d632$2$1082213
> $882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>, esp@snet.xxx says...
>>
>> You are invited. All the talk of the eclipse on Monday got me to look
>> when the next on will happen. Well, it is in August of 2045, just a bit
>> before my 100th Birthday. To make it perfect, the path of totality is
>> over much of Florida and my house is near center. It will be perfect for
>> a party
>>
>> https://nationaleclipse.com/maps/map_08122045.html
>>

>> The party planning has started. Everyone will have a name tag since we
>> may not recognize or remember each other at that point. Especially in
>> the dark of an eclipse, but we may be living in the dark anyway.
>>
>> Foods served will be easily digestible and have vitamin supplements of
>> your choice on the side. Glucerna and vodka punch of course.
>

>> There will be party favors of course. Six-pack of Ensure, a box of
>> Depends and other useful items.
>>
>> We can play games, however, Hide and Seek will not be allowed as that
>> would probably require police dogs to do the seeking.
>>
>> Suggestions welcome.
>>
>> You, or your caretaker, should RSVP by July of 2045.
>
> Just a little question about the dress code; will
> shrouds be acceptable?
>

> Janet UK

Yes, for both men and women.

I imagine in 2045 you can dress according to the gender you choose to be.

Re: Invitation

<6612eba7$0$6334$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307450&group=rec.food.cooking#307450

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 12:53:27 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
 by: Graham - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:53 UTC

On 2024-04-07 12:11 p.m., Ed P wrote:
> On 4/7/2024 1:01 PM, Janet wrote:
>> In article <6611d632$2$1082213
>> $882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>, esp@snet.xxx says...
>>>
>>> You are invited.  All the talk of the eclipse on Monday got me to look
>>> when the next on will happen.  Well, it is in August of 2045, just a bit
>>> before my 100th Birthday.  To make it perfect, the path of totality is
>>> over much of Florida and my house is near center. It will be perfect for
>>> a party
>>>
>>> https://nationaleclipse.com/maps/map_08122045.html
>>>

>>> The party planning has started.  Everyone will have a name tag since we
>>> may not recognize or remember each other at that point.  Especially in
>>> the dark of an eclipse, but we may be living in the dark anyway.
>>>
>>> Foods served will be easily digestible and have vitamin supplements of
>>> your choice on the side.  Glucerna and vodka punch of course.
>>

>>> There will be party favors of course.  Six-pack of Ensure, a box of
>>> Depends and other useful items.
>>>
>>> We can play games, however, Hide and Seek will not be allowed as that
>>> would probably require police dogs to do the seeking.
>>>
>>> Suggestions welcome.
>>>
>>> You, or your caretaker, should RSVP by July of 2045.
>>
>>     Just a little question about the dress code; will
>> shrouds be acceptable?
>>

>>    Janet UK
>>
> Yes, for both men and women.
>
> I imagine in 2045 you can dress according to the gender you choose to be.

I'll be dressed in this: https://postimg.cc/5YRDSs96

Re: Invitation

<b2998901db95f83d9200e379f0641605@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307451&group=rec.food.cooking#307451

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 19:29:19 +0000
 by: GM - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 19:29 UTC

Graham wrote:

> On 2024-04-07 12:11 p.m., Ed P wrote:
>> On 4/7/2024 1:01 PM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article <6611d632$2$1082213
>>> $882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>, esp@snet.xxx says...

>>>     Just a little question about the dress code; will
>>> shrouds be acceptable?
>>>

>>>    Janet UK
>>>
>> Yes, for both men and women.
>>
>> I imagine in 2045 you can dress according to the gender you choose to be.

> I'll be dressed in this: https://postimg.cc/5YRDSs96

Frustrated Passenger Pees In Cup, Dumps It On Flight Attendant After Not Being Allowed To Disembark After Landing

by Gary Leff on April 7, 2024

https://viewfromthewing.com/frustrated-passenger-pees-in-cup-dumps-it-on-flight-attendant-after-not-being-allowed-to-disembark-after-landing/

"On an Air New Zealand flight from Auckland to Sydney, a passenger became frustrated during a delay getting off the aircraft on arrival. He urinated in a cup – and spilled it on a flight attendant.

The man, who was sitting next to a mother and her 15-year-old daughter, exposed himself and let loose at least three times. Holly, the mother, reported feeling “humiliated” by the experience, stating that it made her daughter lose confidence in flying alone, ruining her school holiday plans. She said,

"So yeah he pulled his naked penis out next to us at least three times. That just makes my skin crawl.

…And because I guess we had moved he then got up after us and was carrying another full cup. I guess his intention was to pour it out in the toilet. Then as he was walking, he was obviously quite drunk by this point, he spilled a good amount of his urine onto the flight attendant at the end of the plane as well, because he tripped..."

The woman complained to the airline and received back a generic acknowledgment and – after attention focused on this incident – a gift basket..."

LOLZ...!!!

--
GM

Re: Invitation

<180c768979984831f2bcb271bcb770da@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307452&group=rec.food.cooking#307452

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 19:54:38 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 19:54 UTC

Ed P wrote:

> You are invited. All the talk of the eclipse on Monday got me to look
> when the next on will happen. Well, it is in August of 2045, just a bit
> before my 100th Birthday. To make it perfect, the path of totality is
> over much of Florida and my house is near center. It will be perfect for
> a party

> https://nationaleclipse.com/maps/map_08122045.html

> The party planning has started. Everyone will have a name tag since we
> may not recognize or remember each other at that point. Especially in
> the dark of an eclipse, but we may be living in the dark anyway.

> Foods served will be easily digestible and have vitamin supplements of
> your choice on the side. Glucerna and vodka punch of course.

> There will be party favors of course. Six-pack of Ensure, a box of
> Depends and other useful items.

May I suggest Miralax cookies and prune punch??

> We can play games, however, Hide and Seek will not be allowed as that
> would probably require police dogs to do the seeking.

> Suggestions welcome.

> You, or your caretaker, should RSVP by July of 2045.

"Terry says:

I'll be 93 , and if I come I'll likely as not roll up on a Harley ...
probably also have 3 wheels , but hey it's still a Harley ."

Don't risk it! Just fly in and have a golf cart reserved, much
safer.

"Bruce says:

I hope Snag will bring his guns, in case he runs into some communists."

If he forgets his, I'll bring my pistol.

"Janet UK says:

Just a little question about the dress code; will shrouds be acceptable?"

How about just some comfortable clothes all with Velcro fasteners??
That includes Velcro closures on tennis shoes. No fumbling with buttons
or zippers. Besides, we don't want you tripping over your shroud.

Re: Invitation

<6612fabb$0$1082205$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307454&group=rec.food.cooking#307454

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 15:57:48 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 19:57 UTC

On 4/7/2024 2:53 PM, Graham wrote:
> On 2024-04-07 12:11 p.m., Ed P wrote:
>> On 4/7/2024 1:01 PM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article <6611d632$2$1082213
>>> $882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>, esp@snet.xxx says...

>>>     Just a little question about the dress code; will
>>> shrouds be acceptable?
>>>

>>>    Janet UK
>>>
>> Yes, for both men and women.
>>
>> I imagine in 2045 you can dress according to the gender you choose to be.
>
> I'll be dressed in this: https://postimg.cc/5YRDSs96

Probably others here as well. A shelf will be set up for them.

Re: Invitation

<l7gfg2Fqm4qU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307461&group=rec.food.cooking#307461

From: leoblais...@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 7 Apr 2024 20:54:26 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 20:54 UTC

On 2024-04-07, Bruce <Bruce@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I hope Snag will bring his guns, in case he runs into some communists.

Show up! Your bullet-riddled body will be the main source of attraction.
Well...that and the cops and governor showing up to congratulate the
marksman. ;)

Re: Invitation

<66130a4d$0$1129682$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307462&group=rec.food.cooking#307462

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 07 Apr 2024 21:04:14 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:04 UTC

On 2024-04-07, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

> I imagine in 2045 you can dress according to the gender you choose to be.

You already can, Ed.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Invitation

<ufEQN.622137$c3Ea.112044@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307464&group=rec.food.cooking#307464

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:30:01 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:30 UTC

On 2024-04-07 5:04 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2024-04-07, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>>
>> I imagine in 2045 you can dress according to the gender you choose to be.
>
> You already can, Ed.

These are interesting times. I was just looking at our regional health
unit's statistics on Covid infections. Just a few years ago stats like
that would have been broken down by gender, simply male or female. Now
there are 6 categories; Women/girl, Man/boy, Non-binary, Transgender,
two spirited and unknown. Of course I had to look at the stats and
filtered for the non-binary, transgender and two spirited, and there
were no cases reported among them. I find it hard to belief that there
were no Covid cases among those groups, so I am guessing that it
suddenly wasn't very important for them to identify in this case, and I
found that odd since they seem to find it so important to identify in so
many other situations.

Re: Invitation

<6613121b$7$2909318$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307469&group=rec.food.cooking#307469

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:37:32 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:37 UTC

On 4/7/2024 3:57 PM, Ed P wrote:

>>> Yes, for both men and women.
>>>
>>> I imagine in 2045 you can dress according to the gender you choose to
>>> be.
>>
>> I'll be dressed in this: https://postimg.cc/5YRDSs96
>
> Probably others here as well.  A shelf will be set up for them.

Perhaps not. I just saw this morning that the oldest man dies this week
at 114. We can make it!

Re: Invitation

<uuv4cs$3106c$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307473&group=rec.food.cooking#307473

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 07:49:16 +1000
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:49 UTC

On 7 Apr 2024 20:54:26 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
<leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2024-04-07, Bruce <Bruce@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I hope Snag will bring his guns, in case he runs into some communists.
>
>Show up! Your bullet-riddled body will be the main source of attraction.
>Well...that and the cops and governor showing up to congratulate the
>marksman. ;)

But I'm not a communist, unless you call everybody you disagree with a
communist. I guess you do :)

Re: Invitation

<7a561j1dvt2tk7v3ffdajqdgv8vlhir6m7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307474&group=rec.food.cooking#307474

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 18:51:22 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:51 UTC

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 12:53:27 -0600, Graham <g.stereo@shaw.ca> wrote:

>On 2024-04-07 12:11 p.m., Ed P wrote:
>> On 4/7/2024 1:01 PM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article <6611d632$2$1082213
>>> $882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>, esp@snet.xxx says...

>>>     Just a little question about the dress code; will
>>> shrouds be acceptable?
>>>

>>>    Janet UK
>>>
>> Yes, for both men and women.
>>
>> I imagine in 2045 you can dress according to the gender you choose to be.
>
>I'll be dressed in this: https://postimg.cc/5YRDSs96

Lovely, did you make it?

Re: Invitation

<uuv4m0$3106c$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307475&group=rec.food.cooking#307475

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 07:54:07 +1000
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:54 UTC

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:30:01 -0400, Dave Smith
<adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2024-04-07 5:04 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On 2024-04-07, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I imagine in 2045 you can dress according to the gender you choose to be.
>>
>> You already can, Ed.
>
>These are interesting times. I was just looking at our regional health
>unit's statistics on Covid infections. Just a few years ago stats like
>that would have been broken down by gender, simply male or female. Now
>there are 6 categories; Women/girl, Man/boy, Non-binary, Transgender,
>two spirited and unknown. Of course I had to look at the stats and
>filtered for the non-binary, transgender and two spirited, and there
>were no cases reported among them. I find it hard to belief that there
>were no Covid cases among those groups, so I am guessing that it
>suddenly wasn't very important for them to identify in this case, and I
>found that odd since they seem to find it so important to identify in so
>many other situations.

When I read Dave Smith' bigotry, I always become very woke in protest.
It only lasts 5 minutes, but still.

Re: Invitation

<mHEQN.234928$hN14.195579@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307478&group=rec.food.cooking#307478

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:59:46 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:59 UTC

On 2024-04-07 5:37 p.m., Ed P wrote:

>>> I'll be dressed in this: https://postimg.cc/5YRDSs96
>>
>> Probably others here as well.  A shelf will be set up for them.
>

> Perhaps not.  I just saw this morning that the oldest man dies this week
> at 114.  We can make it!

Some of us might. I probably won't be one of them, but I have had some
long livers in my family. My maternal grandmother died at 95 but her
father lived to be about 105. My mother's sister died at 98. My paternal
grandmother died a few weeks before her 100th birthday and my father's
oldest brother died about 6 months before 100. So I do have some long
life genes. My paternal grandfather died at 56 (cancer) and an uncle
died of a heart attack at 49, and an aunt at 46.
Thanks for the invite but I will wait to RSVP formally.

Re: Invitation

<66134447$0$1643517$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307483&group=rec.food.cooking#307483

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:11:35 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 01:11 UTC

On 4/7/2024 5:59 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-04-07 5:37 p.m., Ed P wrote:

>>> Probably others here as well.  A shelf will be set up for them.
>>

>> Perhaps not.  I just saw this morning that the oldest man dies this
>> week at 114.  We can make it!
>
> Some of us might. I probably won't be one of them, but I  have had some
> long livers in my family. My maternal grandmother died at 95 but her
> father lived to be about 105. My mother's sister died at 98. My paternal
> grandmother died a few weeks before her 100th birthday and my father's
> oldest brother died about 6 months before 100.    So I do have some long
> life genes. My paternal grandfather died at 56 (cancer) and an uncle
> died of a heart attack at 49, and an aunt at 46.
> Thanks for the invite but I will wait to RSVP formally.

My sister is 81. So far, that is the longest in three generations.

I'm holding off on seating arrangements so far but will practice making
the prune cookies Joan suggested.