"So why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here." -- Biff in "Back to the Future"

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Ping Ed: tea website

SubjectAuthor
* Ping Ed: tea websiteNancy Young
`* Re: Ping Ed: tea websiteEd P
 +- Re: Ping Ed: tea websiteNancy Young
 `* Re: Ping Ed: tea websiteBruce
  `* Re: Ping Ed: tea websiteEd P
   `* Re: Ping Ed: tea websiteBruce
    `- Re: Ping Ed: tea websitesongbird

1
Ping Ed: tea website

<661305a1$0$6336$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307459&group=rec.food.cooking#307459

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 16:44:17 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: rjy...@verizon.net (Nancy Young)
Subject: Ping Ed: tea website
 by: Nancy Young - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 20:44 UTC

I remember in the past that you've mentioned a tea website that
you quite liked. Would you mind posting the name of the
sellers? Appreciated. nancy

Re: Ping Ed: tea website

<66131157$0$1082218$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307467&group=rec.food.cooking#307467

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:34:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Ping Ed: tea website
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:34 UTC

On 4/7/2024 4:44 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> I remember in the past that you've mentioned a tea website that
> you quite liked.  Would you mind posting the name of the
> sellers?  Appreciated.  nancy

www.teatrader.com

I've been buying from them for many years. My personal preference is
black teas but they have a huge selection of every type you can imagine.

The ship from Canada but it is carried to a US post office to expedite
things.

Re: Ping Ed: tea website

<66131306$0$3711202$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307471&group=rec.food.cooking#307471

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:41:26 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: rjy...@verizon.net (Nancy Young)
 by: Nancy Young - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:41 UTC

On 4/7/2024 5:34 PM, Ed P wrote:
> On 4/7/2024 4:44 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> I remember in the past that you've mentioned a tea website that
>> you quite liked.  Would you mind posting the name of the
>> sellers?  Appreciated.  nancy
>

> www.teatrader.com
>
> I've been buying from them for many years.  My personal preference is
> black teas but they have a huge selection of every type you can imagine.
>
> The ship from Canada but it is carried to a US post office to expedite
> things.

Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks very much!

nancy

Re: Ping Ed: tea website

<uuv4s0$3106c$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307477&group=rec.food.cooking#307477

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 07:57:20 +1000
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:57 UTC

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:34:15 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 4/7/2024 4:44 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> I remember in the past that you've mentioned a tea website that
>> you quite liked.  Would you mind posting the name of the
>> sellers?  Appreciated.  nancy
>
>www.teatrader.com
>
>I've been buying from them for many years. My personal preference is
>black teas but they have a huge selection of every type you can imagine.

Tea tastes like hot water that someone has soaked a bit of old carpet
in. Tea variations are due to different carpet fabrics, how old the
carpet is and how long the windows in that room haven't been opened.

Re: Ping Ed: tea website

<6613447f$0$1643525$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307484&group=rec.food.cooking#307484

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:12:32 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 01:12 UTC

On 4/7/2024 5:57 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:34:15 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>> On 4/7/2024 4:44 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>>> I remember in the past that you've mentioned a tea website that
>>> you quite liked.  Would you mind posting the name of the
>>> sellers?  Appreciated.  nancy
>>
>> www.teatrader.com
>>
>> I've been buying from them for many years. My personal preference is
>> black teas but they have a huge selection of every type you can imagine.
>
> Tea tastes like hot water that someone has soaked a bit of old carpet
> in. Tea variations are due to different carpet fabrics, how old the
> carpet is and how long the windows in that room haven't been opened.

Nice to hear from you Sheldon.

Re: Ping Ed: tea website

<uuvk57$385gg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307488&group=rec.food.cooking#307488

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 12:18:15 +1000
 by: Bruce - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 02:18 UTC

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:12:32 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 4/7/2024 5:57 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> www.teatrader.com
>>>
>>> I've been buying from them for many years. My personal preference is
>>> black teas but they have a huge selection of every type you can imagine.
>>
>> Tea tastes like hot water that someone has soaked a bit of old carpet
>> in. Tea variations are due to different carpet fabrics, how old the
>> carpet is and how long the windows in that room haven't been opened.
>
>Nice to hear from you Sheldon.

Good one :)

Re: Ping Ed: tea website

<kvveek-462.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307532&group=rec.food.cooking#307532

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 01:23:32 -0400
 by: songbird - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 05:23 UTC

Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:12:32 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> Tea tastes like hot water that someone has soaked a bit of old carpet
>>> in. Tea variations are due to different carpet fabrics, how old the
>>> carpet is and how long the windows in that room haven't been opened.
>>
>>Nice to hear from you Sheldon.
>
> Good one :)

Sheldie would have worked in some references to big yams
and rug munching (and been wrong about most of it anyways).

i used to drink a lot of teas and enjoyed them as loose
leaf and i didn't use a tea ball or strainer as my teefers
worked for that. often i would fondly call it swamp water
because that is how it looked the the mug. i drank way too
much caffiene and eventually had to stop and learned about
how sensitive i was to caffiene. i haven't had a good mug
of swamp water in 20 years or more.

a lot of the teas i enjoyed were fermented and that helped
mellow them out.

songbird