The meek don't want it.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

SubjectAuthor
* Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghettijmcquown
+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiGM
|`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiHank Rogers
+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghettijamesirving
|+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiD
|`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghettijmcquown
| `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiGM
+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiDave Smith
+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiLeonard Blaisdell
|+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghettijmcquown
||`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiDave Smith
|| `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghettijmcquown
|`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiD
| +- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiBruce
| `* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiDave Smith
|  +- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiCindy Hamilton
|  +* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiEd P
|  |`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiDave Smith
|  | +- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghettisongbird
|  | `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetticshenk
|  +- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghettisongbird
|  `* Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghettijmcquown
|   `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiBruce
+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it SpaghettiGraham
`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghettisongbird

1
Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<uuskqj$2953g$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307394&group=rec.food.cooking#307394

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 19:11:10 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 23:11 UTC

Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage. I added it to low and slow
simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
oregano or marjoram). It will be served over angel hair pasta. I
haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious. It makes for
some tasty leftovers, too. :)

What's cooking at your house tonight?

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<08c5eaa5660a890033579589a55d57fb@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307399&group=rec.food.cooking#307399

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 23:49:40 +0000
 by: GM - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 23:49 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage. I added it to low and slow
> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
> oregano or marjoram). It will be served over angel hair pasta. I
> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious. It makes for
> some tasty leftovers, too. :)

> What's cooking at your house tonight?

> Jill

<yawn>

Only a low - IQ lamer like Jill would bray about something so utterly mundane as this in public...

Lol...!!!

--
GM

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<uuspdt$2cqn9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307407&group=rec.food.cooking#307407

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 19:29:43 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 00:29 UTC

GM wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage.  I added it to low and slow
>> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
>> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil, oregano
>> or marjoram).  It will be served over angel hair pasta.  I haven't cooked
>> this in a while but it's always delicious.  It makes for some tasty
>> leftovers, too. :)
>
>> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>
>> Jill
>
> <yawn>
>
> Only a low - IQ lamer like Jill would bray about something so utterly
> mundane as this in public...
>
> Lol...!!!

Oh hush. Leave her be. She's a real nice lady. Maybe a few rough spots from
being a marine corps child.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<1392f87bf189d44d20dea04db5dae597@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307420&group=rec.food.cooking#307420

From: zapsuse...@gufum.com (jamesirving)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 06:42:15 +0000
 by: jamesirving - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 06:42 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage. I added it to low and slow
> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
> oregano or marjoram). It will be served over angel hair pasta. I
> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious. It makes for
> some tasty leftovers, too. :)

> What's cooking at your house tonight?

> Jill

Classic combo! Can't go wrong with sausage and tomato sauce. For me,
it's gotta be oregano all the way. Leftover inspiration: how about a
breakfast scramble with chopped sausage, peppers (gotta sneak them in
there!), and some melty cheese? Yum!

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<e9904334-c6ec-8247-dfc0-743a02ce4110@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307427&group=rec.food.cooking#307427

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 12:11:02 +0200
 by: D - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 10:11 UTC

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024, jamesirving wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage. I added it to low and slow
>> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
>> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil, oregano
>> or marjoram). It will be served over angel hair pasta. I haven't cooked
>> this in a while but it's always delicious. It makes for some tasty
>> leftovers, too. :)
>
>> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>
>> Jill
>
> Classic combo! Can't go wrong with sausage and tomato sauce. For me,
> it's gotta be oregano all the way. Leftover inspiration: how about a
> breakfast scramble with chopped sausage, peppers (gotta sneak them in
> there!), and some melty cheese? Yum!

How do you make the tomato sauce?

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<uuu7em$2q2k1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307429&group=rec.food.cooking#307429

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 09:35:12 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 13:35 UTC

On 4/7/2024 2:42 AM, jamesirving wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage.  I added it to low and
>> slow simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies
>> (onion, garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme,
>> basil, oregano or marjoram).  It will be served over angel hair
>> pasta.  I haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious.
>> It makes for some tasty leftovers, too. :)
>
>> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>
>> Jill
>
> Classic combo! Can't go wrong with sausage and tomato sauce.  For me,
> it's gotta be oregano all the way. Leftover inspiration: how about a
> breakfast scramble with chopped sausage, peppers (gotta sneak them in
> there!), and some melty cheese?  Yum!

I went with the oregano. :) Marjoram would have been too "sweet" in
this sauce. Alas, bell peppers have a negative affect on my digestive
system.

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<n9zQN.610706$PuZ9.68023@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307437&group=rec.food.cooking#307437

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 11:42:11 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 15:42 UTC

On 2024-04-06 7:11 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage.  I added it to low and slow
> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
> oregano or marjoram).  It will be served over angel hair pasta.  I
> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious.  It makes for
> some tasty leftovers, too. :)eral
>
> What's cooking at your house tonight?

I made a vegetarian pizza. I had started the dough on Friday afternoon
and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I took it out to warm up about
an hour before it was time to cook. I topped it with mozzeralla, sauce,
some dried oregano, basil and garlic, thin slice red pepper, green
pepper, red onion and mushrooms.

We have been doing the vegetarian version for more than three years now.
I think it is time to start throwing some nice, fatty, salting meat on
there.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<296f8184f928702a6611e681d599a1e1@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307444&group=rec.food.cooking#307444

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 16:17:23 +0000
 by: GM - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 16:17 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 4/7/2024 2:42 AM, jamesirving wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage.  I added it to low and
>>> slow simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies
>>> (onion, garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme,
>>> basil, oregano or marjoram).  It will be served over angel hair
>>> pasta.  I haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious.
>>> It makes for some tasty leftovers, too. :)
>>
>>> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>>
>>> Jill
>>
>> Classic combo! Can't go wrong with sausage and tomato sauce.  For me,
>> it's gotta be oregano all the way. Leftover inspiration: how about a
>> breakfast scramble with chopped sausage, peppers (gotta sneak them in
>> there!), and some melty cheese?  Yum!

> I went with the oregano. :) Marjoram would have been too "sweet" in
> this sauce. Alas, bell peppers have a negative affect on my digestive
> system.

> Jill

Dimwit Jill is getting TROLLED...

LOL...!!!

--
GM

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<l7geqdFqm4qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307458&group=rec.food.cooking#307458

From: leoblais...@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 7 Apr 2024 20:42:53 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 20:42 UTC

On 2024-04-06, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage. I added it to low and slow
> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
> oregano or marjoram). It will be served over angel hair pasta. I
> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious. It makes for
> some tasty leftovers, too. :)
>
> What's cooking at your house tonight?

Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce.
I lead a boring life.

leo

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<66130b03$0$2909319$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307463&group=rec.food.cooking#307463

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 15:07:15 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
 by: Graham - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:07 UTC

On 2024-04-06 5:11 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage.  I added it to low and slow
> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
> oregano or marjoram).  It will be served over angel hair pasta.  I
> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious.  It makes for
> some tasty leftovers, too. :)
>
> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>
> Jill
I'll be roasting a boneless leg of lamb to be served with mashed spuds
and mixed veggies.
There'll be plenty of meat left for sandwiches next week.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<uuv463$3110g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307472&group=rec.food.cooking#307472

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:45:33 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:45 UTC

On 4/7/2024 4:42 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> On 2024-04-06, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage. I added it to low and slow
>> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
>> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
>> oregano or marjoram). It will be served over angel hair pasta. I
>> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious. It makes for
>> some tasty leftovers, too. :)
>>
>> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>

> Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
> chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce.
> I lead a boring life.
>
> leo

Nothing wrong with that! I had leftovers of the tomato sauced pasta
tonight:

https://i.postimg.cc/Vv9y4Zrd/tomato-sauced-dinner.jpg

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<lJEQN.234929$hN14.83155@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307479&group=rec.food.cooking#307479

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:01:53 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 22:01 UTC

On 2024-04-07 5:45 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/7/2024 4:42 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>> On 2024-04-06, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage.  I added it to low and slow
>>> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
>>> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
>>> oregano or marjoram).  It will be served over angel hair pasta.  I
>>> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious.  It makes for
>>> some tasty leftovers, too. :)
>>>
>>> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>>

>> Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
>> chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce.
>> I lead a boring life.
>>
>> leo
>
> Nothing wrong with that!  I had leftovers of the tomato sauced pasta
> tonight:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Vv9y4Zrd/tomato-sauced-dinner.jpg

That looks interesting. FWIW I have got into the custom of throwing the
pasta into the sauce when it is almost al dente and finishing it there.
It seems to work better for me.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<2156912c-5730-8175-444a-d969c7ef583a@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307494&group=rec.food.cooking#307494

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 09:55:25 +0200
 by: D - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 07:55 UTC

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> On 2024-04-06, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage. I added it to low and slow
>> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
>> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
>> oregano or marjoram). It will be served over angel hair pasta. I
>> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious. It makes for
>> some tasty leftovers, too. :)
>>
>> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>

> Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
> chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce.
> I lead a boring life.
>
> leo

Mmmm.... pork with apple sauce, you have great taste!

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<uv09b6$3cnnn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307495&group=rec.food.cooking#307495

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 18:19:50 +1000
 by: Bruce - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 08:19 UTC

On Mon, 8 Apr 2024 09:55:25 +0200, D <nospam@example.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Apr 2024, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
>> On 2024-04-06, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage. I added it to low and slow
>>> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
>>> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
>>> oregano or marjoram). It will be served over angel hair pasta. I
>>> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious. It makes for
>>> some tasty leftovers, too. :)
>>>
>>> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>>

>> Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
>> chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce.
>> I lead a boring life.
>>
>> leo
>>

>Mmmm.... pork with apple sauce, you have great taste!

lol

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<F_UQN.527467$vFZa.323368@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307501&group=rec.food.cooking#307501

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 12:32:37 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 16:32 UTC

On 2024-04-08 3:55 a.m., D wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Apr 2024, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

>> Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
>> chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce
>> I lead a boring life.
>>
>> leo
>>

> Mmmm.... pork with apple sauce, you have great taste!

I consider apple sauce to be an essential with roast pork, pork chops
and stuffed tenderloin. I don't know how my wife can eat those things
without it.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<661421c0$0$3711196$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307502&group=rec.food.cooking#307502

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 08 Apr 2024 16:56:32 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 16:56 UTC

On 2024-04-08, Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On 2024-04-08 3:55 a.m., D wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, 7 Apr 2024, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
>>> Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
>>> chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce
>>> I lead a boring life.
>>>
>>> leo
>>>

>> Mmmm.... pork with apple sauce, you have great taste!
>
> I consider apple sauce to be an essential with roast pork, pork chops
> and stuffed tenderloin. I don't know how my wife can eat those things
> without it.

I don't know how anybody can eat those things with it. Luckily,
my husband feels the same way.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<66142bea$0$2909303$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307503&group=rec.food.cooking#307503

Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 13:39:54 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 17:39 UTC

On 4/8/2024 12:32 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-04-08 3:55 a.m., D wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, 7 Apr 2024, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
>>> Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
>>> chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce
>>> I lead a boring life.
>>>
>>> leo
>>>

>> Mmmm.... pork with apple sauce, you have great taste!
>
> I consider apple sauce to be an essential with roast pork, pork chops
> and stuffed tenderloin. I don't know how my wife can eat those things
> without it.

Instead of applesauce, try fried apples.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<v3ZQN.537754$vFZa.252685@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307518&group=rec.food.cooking#307518

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 17:10:51 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 21:10 UTC

On 2024-04-08 1:39 p.m., Ed P wrote:
> On 4/8/2024 12:32 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> I consider apple sauce to be an essential with roast pork, pork chops
>> and stuffed tenderloin. I don't know how my wife can eat those things
>> without it.
>>

> Instead of applesauce, try fried apples.

When I was young my mother used to get spiced apples and they were great
with pork. I have not seem them for sale in decades.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<pd0fek-462.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307531&group=rec.food.cooking#307531

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 01:31:05 -0400
 by: songbird - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 05:31 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:
> I consider apple sauce to be an essential with roast pork, pork chops
> and stuffed tenderloin. I don't know how my wife can eat those things
> without it.

saurkraut is my favorite, mashed taters are nice if we
care to make them.

songbird

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<b90fek-462.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307534&group=rec.food.cooking#307534

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 01:28:43 -0400
 by: songbird - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 05:28 UTC

jmcquown wrote:
> Browned 1 lb. of mild bulk Italian sausage. I added it to low and slow
> simmered tomato sauce with the usual starter of sauteed veggies (onion,
> garlic, sorry, no bell pepper) and seasonings (S&P, thyme, basil,
> oregano or marjoram). It will be served over angel hair pasta. I
> haven't cooked this in a while but it's always delicious. It makes for
> some tasty leftovers, too. :)
>
> What's cooking at your house tonight?

there was some chunks of chicken that were turned into
bbq chicken - but that mostly was slightly salty and
vinegary sawdust. i've eaten it anyways three times but i'm
not having any more.

last night Mom brought home a few eggrolls that i scarfed
down and could taste a bit more of them. not sure yet what
today brings. at least a slice of cranberry bread with some
butter. it is the same recipe as Boston Brown Bread but uses
dried cranberries instead of raisins for a change. some sliced
strawberries and whipped cream might also happen.

songbird

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<2i0fek-462.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307535&group=rec.food.cooking#307535

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 01:33:22 -0400
 by: songbird - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 05:33 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:
> When I was young my mother used to get spiced apples and they were great
> with pork. I have not seem them for sale in decades.

usually available around the two big winter holidays here.
i like them but don't normally eat them. like pickled beets
and/or harvard beets i've had way too many of them to go out
of my way to eat any more of them. these next years i'm
going to be more likely to eat beets as leaves from chards
or beet greens.

songbird

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<UtWdnVQzSKc8wIj7nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307539&group=rec.food.cooking#307539

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 15:24:17 +0000
 by: cshenk - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 15:24 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2024-04-08 1:39 p.m., Ed P wrote:
> > On 4/8/2024 12:32 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > > I consider apple sauce to be an essential with roast pork, pork
> > > chops and stuffed tenderloin. I don't know how my wife can eat
> > > those things without it.
> > >

> > Instead of applesauce, try fried apples.
>
> When I was young my mother used to get spiced apples and they were
> great with pork. I have not seem them for sale in decades.

I do those all the time as my apple crop comes in.

Several recipes but the easiest is this:

7-9 cored and peeled apples, cut to largish pieces
1/4-1/2 cup red-hot candies
2-3 TB honey
Optional: 1 tsp lemon juice

Cover and microwave on low power for 6 minutes then stir. May be done
or may need a few more minutes. Size of slices determines length of
cooking.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<uv4hfl$g0qg$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307556&group=rec.food.cooking#307556

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:03:11 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 23:03 UTC

On 4/7/2024 6:01 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-04-07 5:45 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
>>> chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce.
>>> I lead a boring life.
>>>
>>> leo
>>
>> Nothing wrong with that!  I had leftovers of the tomato sauced pasta
>> tonight:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/Vv9y4Zrd/tomato-sauced-dinner.jpg
>>

> That looks interesting. FWIW I have got into the custom of throwing the
> pasta into the sauce when it is almost al dente and finishing it there.
> It seems to work better for me.

Different strokes. I prefer to spoon the sauce over the pasta.

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<uv4hq5$g0qg$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307557&group=rec.food.cooking#307557

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:08:46 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 23:08 UTC

On 4/8/2024 12:32 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-04-08 3:55 a.m., D wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, 7 Apr 2024, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
>>> Sirloin steak, a baked potato and green salad. Tonight will be pork
>>> chops, Rice-A-Roni and Mott's Applesauce
>>> I lead a boring life.
>>>
>>> leo
>>>

>> Mmmm.... pork with apple sauce, you have great taste!
>
> I consider apple sauce to be an essential with roast pork, pork chops
> and stuffed tenderloin. I don't know how my wife can eat those things
> without it.

I'm not a fan of apple sauce, with or without roast pork. You may have
my share!

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight: Call it Spaghetti

<uv4ipo$h08q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307558&group=rec.food.cooking#307558

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 09:25:44 +1000
 by: Bruce - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 23:25 UTC

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:08:46 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 4/8/2024 12:32 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Mmmm.... pork with apple sauce, you have great taste!
>>
>> I consider apple sauce to be an essential with roast pork, pork chops
>> and stuffed tenderloin. I don't know how my wife can eat those things
>> without it.
>>
>I'm not a fan of apple sauce, with or without roast pork. You may have
>my share!

The list keeps getting longer and longer. Oh, and longer.