Give thought to your reputation. Consider changing name and moving to a new town.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

SubjectAuthor
* Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwichjmcquown
+* Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef SandwichDave Smith
|`- Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef SandwichBruce
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef SandwichEd P
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef SandwichCindy Hamilton
`* Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef SandwichGM
 `- Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef SandwichF4099

1
Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

<uv4q7a$g0qg$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307567&group=rec.food.cooking#307567

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 21:32:19 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 01:32 UTC

Thinly sliced roast beef from the deli along with sliced provolone
cheese, layered on a toasted buttered French roll. Heated in the
microwave until the beef is heated through and the cheese is melty. An
easy, tasty hot roast beef sandwich without resorting to a fast food
restaurant like Arby's. LOL

What's cooking at your house tonight?

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

<UMmRN.497061$yEgf.437309@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307570&group=rec.food.cooking#307570

Subject: Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 22:25:56 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 02:25 UTC

On 2024-04-09 9:32 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> Thinly sliced roast beef from the deli along with sliced provolone
> cheese, layered on a toasted buttered French roll.  Heated in the
> microwave until the beef is heated through and the cheese is melty.  An
> easy, tasty hot roast beef sandwich without resorting to a fast food
> restaurant like Arby's. LOL
>
> What's cooking at your house tonight?

I am a bachelor for a couple days. I had a very busy day and things went
downhill when I went to the bank after hours to deposit some cheques and
get some cash for the dog groomer. The ATM ate my debit card.
Luckily, I had me cell phone with me and was able to look up the
emergency help number and get my card cancelled.

I stopped at Wendy's for a Dave's Double Burger to go and came home and
washed it down with a beer. Not bad.

Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

<uv4u76$n3pe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307572&group=rec.food.cooking#307572

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 12:40:37 +1000
 by: Bruce - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 02:40 UTC

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 22:25:56 -0400, Dave Smith
<adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2024-04-09 9:32 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> Thinly sliced roast beef from the deli along with sliced provolone
>> cheese, layered on a toasted buttered French roll.  Heated in the
>> microwave until the beef is heated through and the cheese is melty.  An
>> easy, tasty hot roast beef sandwich without resorting to a fast food
>> restaurant like Arby's. LOL
>>
>> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>>

>I am a bachelor for a couple days. I had a very busy day and things went
>downhill when I went to the bank after hours to deposit some cheques and
>get some cash for the dog groomer. The ATM ate my debit card.
>Luckily, I had me cell phone with me and was able to look up the
>emergency help number and get my card cancelled.
>
>I stopped at Wendy's for a Dave's Double Burger to go and came home and
>washed it down with a beer. Not bad.

Is that burger named after you or is that your term of endearment for
it?

Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

<6615fff7$0$2909319$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307573&group=rec.food.cooking#307573

Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 22:56:56 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 02:56 UTC

On 4/9/2024 9:32 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Thinly sliced roast beef from the deli along with sliced provolone
> cheese, layered on a toasted buttered French roll.  Heated in the
> microwave until the beef is heated through and the cheese is melty.  An
> easy, tasty hot roast beef sandwich without resorting to a fast food
> restaurant like Arby's. LOL
>
> What's cooking at your house tonight?
>
> Jill

Publix meal kit. Chicken, cheddar, bacon. Comes with mashed potatoes
and I made a salad.

Also had some very good grape juice from Sicily.

It is enough for two so the other half will be later in the week.

Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

<66165539$0$3711204$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307581&group=rec.food.cooking#307581

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 10 Apr 2024 09:00:41 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 09:00 UTC

On 2024-04-10, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> Thinly sliced roast beef from the deli along with sliced provolone
> cheese, layered on a toasted buttered French roll. Heated in the
> microwave until the beef is heated through and the cheese is melty. An
> easy, tasty hot roast beef sandwich without resorting to a fast food
> restaurant like Arby's. LOL
>
> What's cooking at your house tonight?

Lunch was a whole-wheat pita stuffed with hummus and shredded lettuce.
Some chili flakes were added for liveliness. I was tired after picking
up all the dead branches in the yard and mowing, so I wanted something
simple and quick.

Dinner was a salad with grilled chicken on it.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

<1307c887b8b2f2df77b13c716906ec3f@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307617&group=rec.food.cooking#307617

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 22:55:19 +0000
 by: GM - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 22:55 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> Thinly sliced roast beef from the deli along with sliced provolone
> cheese, layered on a toasted buttered French roll. Heated in the
> microwave until the beef is heated through and the cheese is melty. An
> easy, tasty hot roast beef sandwich without resorting to a fast food
> restaurant like Arby's. LOL

> What's cooking at your house tonight?

> Jill

<yawn>

Did you get that mundane and boring "recipe" from your Barbie Doll cookbook, Princess Jill...???

Princess Jill = World's Laziest Cook

Lol...!!!

--
GM

Re: Dinner Tonight 4/9/24: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

<20240412124510.404ff4f9@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307713&group=rec.food.cooking#307713

From: fou...@road.ded (F4099)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 12:45:10 -0600
 by: F4099 - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 18:45 UTC

On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 22:55:19 +0000
gregorymorrow@msn.com (GM) wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Thinly sliced roast beef from the deli along with sliced provolone
> > cheese, layered on a toasted buttered French roll. Heated in the
> > microwave until the beef is heated through and the cheese is melty.
> > An easy, tasty hot roast beef sandwich without resorting to a fast
> > food restaurant like Arby's. LOL
>
> > What's cooking at your house tonight?
>
> > Jill
>
> <yawn>
>
> Did you get that mundane and boring "recipe" from your Barbie Doll
> cookbook, Princess Jill...???
>
> Princess Jill = World's Laziest Cook
>
> Lol...!!!

Sorta like SLOP (sandra lee)?