America's best buy for a quarter is a telephone call to the right person.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Mint Julep Fruit Cup

SubjectAuthor
* Mint Julep Fruit CupEd Pawlowski
+- Re: Mint Julep Fruit CupF4099
+* Re: Mint Julep Fruit Cupjmcquown
|+- Re: Mint Julep Fruit CupEd P
|`- Re: Mint Julep Fruit CupGM
`- Re: Mint Julep Fruit Cupcshenk

1
Mint Julep Fruit Cup

<661adc0c$0$6332$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307887&group=rec.food.cooking#307887

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 15:25:00 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Subject: Mint Julep Fruit Cup
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 19:25 UTC

Mint Julep Fruit Cup

Ingredients:

1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup bourbon
2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried
4 cups fresh fruit, such as strawberries, peaches, mango, pineapple

In a small saucepan combine the sugar and 2/3 cup water, bring the
mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer it
for 4 minutes. Let the sugar syrup cool. In a large bowl stir together
the sugar syrup, bourbon, mint leaves, and fruit, and chill, covered,
stirring it 2 or 3 times, for 2 hours or overnight. Garnish the fruit
with the mint sprigs.

Yield: 4 servings

courtesy FoodTV Network Sara Moultan "Cooking Live"

Re: Mint Julep Fruit Cup

<20240413133005.5767a4fc@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307889&group=rec.food.cooking#307889

From: fou...@road.ded (F4099)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Mint Julep Fruit Cup
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 13:30:05 -0600
 by: F4099 - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 19:30 UTC

On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 15:25:00 -0400
Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

> Mint Julep Fruit Cup
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 1/2 cup bourbon
> 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried
> 4 cups fresh fruit, such as strawberries, peaches, mango, pineapple
>

> In a small saucepan combine the sugar and 2/3 cup water, bring the
> mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer
> it for 4 minutes. Let the sugar syrup cool. In a large bowl stir
> together the sugar syrup, bourbon, mint leaves, and fruit, and chill,
> covered, stirring it 2 or 3 times, for 2 hours or overnight. Garnish
> the fruit with the mint sprigs.
>
> Yield: 4 servings
>
> courtesy FoodTV Network Sara Moultan "Cooking Live"

She has a moleish face but can cook.

https://totalfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Sara-Moulton_CookingDemoAtYale-2.jpg

https://pogopedia.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/iphonephotos-048-e1486317710504.jpg?w=300

Re: Mint Julep Fruit Cup

<uvf0v3$37o6h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307926&group=rec.food.cooking#307926

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 18:28:44 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 22:28 UTC

On 4/13/2024 3:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Mint Julep Fruit Cup
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 1/2 cup bourbon
> 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried
> 4 cups fresh fruit, such as strawberries, peaches, mango, pineapple
>

> In a small saucepan combine the sugar and 2/3 cup water, bring the
> mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer it
> for 4 minutes. Let the sugar syrup cool. In a large bowl stir together
> the sugar syrup, bourbon, mint leaves, and fruit, and chill, covered,
> stirring it 2 or 3 times, for 2 hours or overnight. Garnish the fruit
> with the mint sprigs.
>
> Yield: 4 servings
>
> courtesy FoodTV Network Sara Moultan "Cooking Live"

Are you planning to try this?

Jill

Re: Mint Julep Fruit Cup

<661b1b3e$0$8086$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307937&group=rec.food.cooking#307937

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 19:54:39 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 23:54 UTC

On 4/13/2024 6:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/13/2024 3:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Mint Julep Fruit Cup
>>
>> Ingredients:
>>
>> 1/3 cup sugar
>> 1/2 cup bourbon
>> 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried
>> 4 cups fresh fruit, such as strawberries, peaches, mango, pineapple
>>

>> In a small saucepan combine the sugar and 2/3 cup water, bring the
>> mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer
>> it for 4 minutes. Let the sugar syrup cool. In a large bowl stir
>> together the sugar syrup, bourbon, mint leaves, and fruit, and chill,
>> covered, stirring it 2 or 3 times, for 2 hours or overnight. Garnish
>> the fruit with the mint sprigs.
>>
>> Yield: 4 servings
>>
>> courtesy FoodTV Network Sara Moultan "Cooking Live"
>>

> Are you planning to try this?
>
> Jill

It has been a long time, but we have had it. Works well with
strawberries and melon. Yes, will do it again.

Re: Mint Julep Fruit Cup

<4c309cb5695ba46ec4e18ebfdfa8f757@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307939&group=rec.food.cooking#307939

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 23:57:03 +0000
 by: GM - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 23:57 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 4/13/2024 3:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Mint Julep Fruit Cup
>>
>> Ingredients:
>>
>> 1/3 cup sugar
>> 1/2 cup bourbon
>> 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried
>> 4 cups fresh fruit, such as strawberries, peaches, mango, pineapple
>>

>> In a small saucepan combine the sugar and 2/3 cup water, bring the
>> mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer it
>> for 4 minutes. Let the sugar syrup cool. In a large bowl stir together
>> the sugar syrup, bourbon, mint leaves, and fruit, and chill, covered,
>> stirring it 2 or 3 times, for 2 hours or overnight. Garnish the fruit
>> with the mint sprigs.
>>
>> Yield: 4 servings
>>
>> courtesy FoodTV Network Sara Moultan "Cooking Live"
>>

> Are you planning to try this?

> Jill

Ed said "fruit cup", NOT "bra cup", lol...!!!

--
GM

Re: Mint Julep Fruit Cup

<RJmcnbabNrmJtYH7nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308022&group=rec.food.cooking#308022

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 19:01:40 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 19:01 UTC

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Mint Julep Fruit Cup
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 1/2 cup bourbon
> 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried
> 4 cups fresh fruit, such as strawberries, peaches, mango, pineapple
>

> In a small saucepan combine the sugar and 2/3 cup water, bring the
> mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer
> it for 4 minutes. Let the sugar syrup cool. In a large bowl stir
> together the sugar syrup, bourbon, mint leaves, and fruit, and chill,
> covered, stirring it 2 or 3 times, for 2 hours or overnight. Garnish
> the fruit with the mint sprigs.
>
> Yield: 4 servings
>
> courtesy FoodTV Network Sara Moultan "Cooking Live"

That sounds good!