From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Why The British Do Not Like Trump
Date: 5 Sep 2023 13:55:57 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 13:55 UTC

| Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?"
|
| A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities
| which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he
| has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no
| compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no
| sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and
| no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his
| predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us,
| the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations
| into embarrassingly sharp relief.
|
| Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he
| has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly
| amusing - not once, ever. I don't say that rhetorically, I
| mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact
| is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for
| us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it's
| a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is -
| his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate
| insult, a casual act of cruelty.
<https://twitter.com/CalltoActivism/status/1698783758072140040>

--bks

Re: Why The British Do Not Like Trump

<XnsB0766095AAE81noemailcomcastnet@69.80.102.59>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31260&group=alt.politics#31260

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: Why The British Do Not Like Trump
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 14:37:27 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 14:37 UTC

bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in news:ud7c1d$g90$1
@panix3.panix.com:

> | Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?"
> |
> | A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities
> | which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he
> | has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no
> | compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no
> | sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and
> | no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his
> | predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us,
> | the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations
> | into embarrassingly sharp relief.
> |
> | Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he
> | has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly
> | amusing - not once, ever. I don't say that rhetorically, I
> | mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact
> | is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for
> | us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it's
> | a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is -
> | his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate
> | insult, a casual act of cruelty.
> <https://twitter.com/CalltoActivism/status/1698783758072140040>
>
> --bks

Even the anti-monarchist British were
put off by Trump's insults to the Queen.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2018/07/13/twitter-counts-ways-
president-trump-insulted-queen/784042002/

Re: Why The British Do Not Like Trump

<1130ed2b-4c0e-427d-b3b9-0fc3325b2917n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31262&group=alt.politics#31262

Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 19:29:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: alexande...@hotmail.com (MarcusAurelius)
 by: MarcusAurelius - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 02:29 UTC

Europeans, in general, including the Germans do not like Trump.
He represents the traditional "ugly American" negative stereotype which Europeans
and most foreigners dislike but which is highly popular amongst some Americans.At the European summits, which he attended, the
foreign leaders, generally, did not like him personally and he did not like them personally.

Re: Why The British Do Not Like Trump

<bi3gfi5gvnif07u748am4obdmuiida4j8t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31264&group=alt.politics#31264

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 03:19:48 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 07:19 UTC

On 5 Sep 2023 13:55:57 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?"
> |
> | A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities
> | which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he
> | has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no
> | compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no
> | sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and
> | no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his
> | predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us,
> | the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations
> | into embarrassingly sharp relief.
> |
> | Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he
> | has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly
> | amusing - not once, ever. I don't say that rhetorically, I
> | mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact
> | is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for
> | us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it's
> | a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is -
> | his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate
> | insult, a casual act of cruelty.
><https://twitter.com/CalltoActivism/status/1698783758072140040>
>
> --bks

"He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of
shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows
there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But
rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look
trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster
assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump."

*applause*

Swill
--
Right wing protest signs:
https://tinyurl.com/54c72uwk

Dead Nazi Series: Nazi dying in Ukraine - https://tinyurl.com/5n75r8at

GO TRUMP! Go farther! Farther! I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.