From: tpragna1...@gmail.com (Paul Ragna)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: NYT Columnist: 'Decrepit-Seeming' Joe Biden Is So Unpopular He Could Easily Lose to Donald Trump
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 18:33:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Paul Ragna - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 18:33 UTC

uh oh........
Joe is losing the left wing media. When the NY Times bails on him, he's
in serious trouble.
No more circling the wagons around Joe to protect him.

CNN is going rogue as well.

"NYT Columnist: �Decrepit-Seeming� Joe Biden Is So Unpopular �He Could
Easily Lose to Donald Trump"

<https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4181623/posts>

"A New York Times columnist wrote in a recent piece that President Joe
Biden is so unpopular he could �easily� lose to former President Donald
Trump in 2024.

�Joe Biden is an unpopular president, and without some recovery, he could
easily lose to Donald Trump in 2024,� Ross Douthat wrote in a September 9
piece. �[I]t�s been hard to distill a singular explanation for what�s
kept his numbers lousy,� he added.

In the piece, titled, �Why is Joe Biden So Unpopular?� he cited potential
reasons � persistent inflation and a far-left activist core of the
Democrat Party pushing socially conservative minorities away � before
settling on the issue of Biden�s age and lack of vigor.

He wrote:[M]aybe the big problem is just simmering anxiety about Biden�s
age. Maybe his poll numbers dipped first in the Afghanistan crisis
because it showcased the public absenteeism that often characterizes his
presidency. Maybe some voters now just assume that a vote for Biden is a
vote for the hapless Kamala Harris. Maybe there�s just a vigor premium in
presidential campaigns that gives Trump an advantage."

"He said since there is no way to elevate a different leader with the
same policies who might be more popular, �all Democrats can do is ask
Biden to show more public vigor, with all the risks that may entail.�

He wrote, however, it would be difficult for Biden, 80, to lift the �pall
of private depression and general pessimism hanging over Americans,
especially younger Americans, which has been worsened by Covid but seems
rooted in deeper social trends.�

He said Biden cast himself as a transitional figure to a �more youthful
and optimistic future,� but that optimism in a brighter future is
lacking, and he doubted Biden would be able to inspire it.

�But wherever Americans might find such optimism, we are probably well
past the point that a decrepit-seeming president can hope to generate it
himself,� he wrote."

Re: NYT Columnist: 'Decrepit-Seeming' Joe Biden Is So Unpopular He Could Easily Lose to Donald Trump

<udnrh7$1637u$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31340&group=alt.politics#31340

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: NYT Columnist: 'Decrepit-Seeming' Joe Biden Is So Unpopular He
Could Easily Lose to Donald Trump
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 19:58:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 19:58 UTC

On 2023-09-11, Paul Ragna <tpragna1900O@gmail.com> wrote:
> uh oh........
> Joe is losing the left wing media. When the NY Times bails on him, he's
> in serious trouble.
> No more circling the wagons around Joe to protect him.
>
> CNN is going rogue as well.
>
> "NYT Columnist: ‘Decrepit-Seeming’ Joe Biden Is So Unpopular ‘He Could
> Easily Lose to Donald Trump"
>
><https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4181623/posts>
>

> "A New York Times columnist wrote in a recent piece that President Joe
> Biden is so unpopular he could “easily” lose to former President Donald
> Trump in 2024.
>
> “Joe Biden is an unpopular president, and without some recovery, he could
> easily lose to Donald Trump in 2024,” Ross Douthat wrote in a September 9
> piece. “[I]t’s been hard to distill a singular explanation for what’s
> kept his numbers lousy,” he added.
>
> In the piece, titled, “Why is Joe Biden So Unpopular?” he cited potential
> reasons — persistent inflation and a far-left activist core of the
> Democrat Party pushing socially conservative minorities away — before
> settling on the issue of Biden’s age and lack of vigor.
>
> He wrote:[M]aybe the big problem is just simmering anxiety about Biden’s
> age. Maybe his poll numbers dipped first in the Afghanistan crisis
> because it showcased the public absenteeism that often characterizes his
> presidency. Maybe some voters now just assume that a vote for Biden is a
> vote for the hapless Kamala Harris. Maybe there’s just a vigor premium in
> presidential campaigns that gives Trump an advantage."
>
> "He said since there is no way to elevate a different leader with the
> same policies who might be more popular, “all Democrats can do is ask
> Biden to show more public vigor, with all the risks that may entail.”
>
> He wrote, however, it would be difficult for Biden, 80, to lift the “pall
> of private depression and general pessimism hanging over Americans,
> especially younger Americans, which has been worsened by Covid but seems
> rooted in deeper social trends.”
>
> He said Biden cast himself as a transitional figure to a “more youthful
> and optimistic future,” but that optimism in a brighter future is
> lacking, and he doubted Biden would be able to inspire it.
>
> “But wherever Americans might find such optimism, we are probably well
> past the point that a decrepit-seeming president can hope to generate it
> himself,” he wrote."

Biden and the left wing libbys are watching their house of cards disappear as Biden attempts to
tell the voters how well Bidenomics are doing.
He's like the Iraqi war minister claiming they were winning the war when the video showed coalition
tanks approaching him from the rear.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Re: NYT Columnist: 'Decrepit-Seeming' Joe Biden Is So Unpopular He Could Easily Lose to Donald Trump

<udnvvd$16tq5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31345&group=alt.politics#31345

Followup: alt.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh.tv-show,alt.fan.marty.the.gay-pigboy
From: now...@protonmail.com (Haeley)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 21:14:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Haeley - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 21:14 UTC

>No more circling the wagons around Joe to protect him.

Trump's going to die in prison and this is all you have?

Re: NYT Columnist: 'Decrepit-Seeming' Joe Biden Is So Unpopular He Could Easily Lose to Donald Trump

<76PLM.7941$tXw4.1814@fx11.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31350&group=alt.politics#31350

From: NoO...@private.corp (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 01:25:23 GMT
 by: John Doe - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 01:25 UTC

> uh oh........
> Joe is losing the left wing media. When the NY Times bails on him, he's
> in serious trouble.
> No more circling the wagons around Joe to protect him.
>
> CNN is going rogue as well.
>
> "NYT Columnist: �Decrepit-Seeming� Joe Biden Is So Unpopular �He Could
> Easily Lose to Donald Trump"
>
> <https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4181623/posts>
>

> "A New York Times columnist wrote in a recent piece that President Joe
> Biden is so unpopular he could �easily� lose to former President Donald
> Trump in 2024.
>
> �Joe Biden is an unpopular president, and without some recovery, he could
> easily lose to Donald Trump in 2024,� Ross Douthat wrote in a September 9
> piece. �[I]t�s been hard to distill a singular explanation for what�s
> kept his numbers lousy,� he added.
>
> In the piece, titled, �Why is Joe Biden So Unpopular?� he cited potential
> reasons � persistent inflation and a far-left activist core of the
> Democrat Party pushing socially conservative minorities away � before
> settling on the issue of Biden�s age and lack of vigor.
>
> He wrote:[M]aybe the big problem is just simmering anxiety about Biden�s
> age. Maybe his poll numbers dipped first in the Afghanistan crisis
> because it showcased the public absenteeism that often characterizes his
> presidency. Maybe some voters now just assume that a vote for Biden is a
> vote for the hapless Kamala Harris. Maybe there�s just a vigor premium in
> presidential campaigns that gives Trump an advantage."
>
> "He said since there is no way to elevate a different leader with the
> same policies who might be more popular, �all Democrats can do is ask
> Biden to show more public vigor, with all the risks that may entail.�
>
> He wrote, however, it would be difficult for Biden, 80, to lift the �pall
> of private depression and general pessimism hanging over Americans,
> especially younger Americans, which has been worsened by Covid but seems
> rooted in deeper social trends.�
>
> He said Biden cast himself as a transitional figure to a �more youthful
> and optimistic future,� but that optimism in a brighter future is
> lacking, and he doubted Biden would be able to inspire it.
>
> �But wherever Americans might find such optimism, we are probably well
> past the point that a decrepit-seeming president can hope to generate it
> himself,� he wrote."

I'd rather have a younger choice but I'd still prefer the cryptkeeper to the master of petulance and corruption.