From: not...@home.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: winterizing
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 16:15:50 -0400
 by: john - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 20:15 UTC

Well it's getting near that time of year,
when deer go into rut and the wet leaves
make the back roads not so much fun...

I plan to change the fluids & sta-bil the fuel
clean wax, oil stuff, check for loose nuts
put battery on charger,
sigh....

Re: winterizing

<tj9pd1$289jh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=313&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#313

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: Re: winterizing
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 17:53:20 -0500
 by: Snag - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 22:53 UTC

On 10/25/2022 3:15 PM, john wrote:
> Well it's getting near that time of year,
> when deer go into rut and the wet leaves
> make the back roads not so much fun...
>
> I plan to change the fluids & sta-bil the fuel
> clean wax, oil stuff, check for loose nuts
> put battery on charger,
> sigh....

Just charged up the bagger battery - it drains a bit when it sits and
I've had "obligations" . My plans are to top off the tank (I keep
stabilized premium on hand) and go for a nice long ride to look at the
beautiful fall colors some time this week . We might get 3-4 weeks
during the winter here when weather makes riding impossible . Cold don't
mean shit , I've got a snowmobile suit , heated gloves , and a full face
helmet . If I realllllly get a Jones on and just have to ride no matter
what , I can pull the fenders off the SportyTrike and chain 'er up ...
gotta get that ski for the front designed and fabricated !

Since you didn't buy drinks , I will . Just a few minutes ago cracked
the cork (yes dammit a real cork!) on a fresh handle of Ezra Brooks
99... join me !
--
Snag
"You can lead a dummy to facts

Re: winterizing

<tjefes$18aj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=314&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#314

From: not...@home.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 13:34:11 -0400
 by: john - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 17:34 UTC

On 10/25/2022 6:53 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 10/25/2022 3:15 PM, john wrote:
>> Well it's getting near that time of year,
>> when deer go into rut and the wet leaves
>> make the back roads not so much fun...
>>
>> I plan to change the fluids & sta-bil the fuel
>> clean wax, oil stuff, check for loose nuts
>> put battery on charger,
>> sigh....
>
>   Just charged up the bagger battery - it drains a bit when it sits and
> I've had "obligations" . My plans are to top off the tank (I keep
> stabilized premium on hand) and go for a nice long ride to look at the
> beautiful fall colors some time this week . We might get 3-4 weeks
> during the winter here when weather makes riding impossible . Cold don't
> mean shit , I've got a snowmobile suit , heated gloves , and a full face
> helmet . If I realllllly get a Jones on and just have to ride no matter
> what , I can pull the fenders off the SportyTrike and chain 'er up ...
> gotta get that ski for the front designed and fabricated !
>
>   Since you didn't buy drinks , I will . Just a few minutes ago cracked
> the cork (yes dammit a real cork!) on a fresh handle of Ezra Brooks
> 99... join me !

cheers, it's afternoon here so I'll crack open the 4 roses
I switch to dirt bike this time of year, to avoid road rash.
the cold doesn't bother me, i don't bounce real well anymore...
john
Time is the best teacher;
Unfortunately it kills all its students