Why does a ship carry cargo and a truck carry shipments?

interests / alt.politics / Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

SubjectAuthor
* Ford's EV Plan in TroublePaul Ragna
+* Re: Ford's EV Plan in TroubleCharlie Glock
|+* Re: Ford's EV Plan in TroubleScout
||+* Re: Ford's EV Plan in Troublepothead
|||`- Re: Ford's EV Plan in TroubleUbiquitous
||`* Re: Ford's EV Plan in TroubleGovernor Swill
|| `* Re: Ford's EV Plan in TroubleNoBody
||  `- Re: Ford's EV Plan in TroubleNoBody
|`- Re: Ford's EV Plan in TroubleGovernor Swill
`- Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble [no, that's bullshit]Scout

1
Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

<XnsB07EB7A42B98A882000099222@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31427&group=alt.politics#31427

From: tpragna1...@gmail.com (Paul Ragna)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 22:03:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Paul Ragna - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 22:03 UTC

The castle is crumbling.
Ford has realized that people simply don't want EV.

"Ford�s EV Plan in Trouble"

<https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ford-s-ev-plan-in-trouble/ar-
AA1gED08?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d4535f720a5143bbae55e72cf3848f4d&ei=
13>

"Ford was supposed to be able to build 600,000 electric vehicles (EVs)
this year. Then, it wasn�t. The date was pushed back to the end of 2024.
Now, Ford may be unable to sell all those EVs, even if it hits that
production number. Too few people want an F-150 Lightning, Ford�s
electric flagship. (These 15 cars hold their value the longest.)
According to Bloomberg, Ford has raised production of the hybrid F-150, a
watered-down version that helps save gasoline and the environment. Jim
Farley, Ford CEO, says he is surprised by the demand for the hybrid
version. He failed to mention that it is a sunsetting of his plan for
Ford�s future and aspirations.

The hybrid F-150 is cheaper than the Lightning. Apparently, pickup
drivers did not warm to its high price. The hybrid engine is ancient
compared to EV engines. Cleverly, Ford did not say the lack of demand for
the Lightning may be permanent.

Several research studies show many Americans do not want to own EVs. They
take too long to charge, and there are too few charging stations.
Meanwhile, there are hundreds of thousands of gas stations in the United
States, and it takes about 10 minutes to fill the tank of most pickups."

"Ford needed the Lightning to be a success. The F-150 is the gas-powered
flagship of Ford and the best-selling vehicle in the United States for
four decades. If Ford cannot sell an electric version, the company will
be in deep trouble regarding the balance of its EV model line. And rival
Tesla is bringing a competitor, the Cybertruck, to market this year.

ALSO READ: America�s Least Reliable New Cars

According to its management, Ford has bet its future and billions of
dollars on EVs. Bill Ford, Ford�s executive chair, who controls the
company via his family�s shares, said the Lightning is the most important
vehicle launch of his tenure. Sorry, but it isn�t working out as
planned."

Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

<7QBMM.8529$JX2f.6768@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31443&group=alt.politics#31443

Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: "Charlie...@localhost.com (Charlie Glock)
Subject: Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 11:07:47 GMT
 by: Charlie Glock - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 11:07 UTC

On 2023-09-13, Paul Ragna <tpragna1900O@gmail.com> wrote:
> The castle is crumbling.
> Ford has realized that people simply don't want EV.
>
> "Ford’s EV Plan in Trouble"
>
><https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ford-s-ev-plan-in-trouble/ar-
> AA1gED08?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d4535f720a5143bbae55e72cf3848f4d&ei=
> 13>
>
> "Ford was supposed to be able to build 600,000 electric vehicles (EVs)
> this year. Then, it wasn’t. The date was pushed back to the end of 2024.
> Now, Ford may be unable to sell all those EVs, even if it hits that
> production number. Too few people want an F-150 Lightning, Ford’s
> electric flagship. (These 15 cars hold their value the longest.)
> According to Bloomberg, Ford has raised production of the hybrid F-150, a
> watered-down version that helps save gasoline and the environment. Jim
> Farley, Ford CEO, says he is surprised by the demand for the hybrid
> version. He failed to mention that it is a sunsetting of his plan for
> Ford’s future and aspirations.
>
> The hybrid F-150 is cheaper than the Lightning. Apparently, pickup
> drivers did not warm to its high price. The hybrid engine is ancient
> compared to EV engines. Cleverly, Ford did not say the lack of demand for
> the Lightning may be permanent.
>
> Several research studies show many Americans do not want to own EVs. They
> take too long to charge, and there are too few charging stations.
> Meanwhile, there are hundreds of thousands of gas stations in the United
> States, and it takes about 10 minutes to fill the tank of most pickups."
>
> "Ford needed the Lightning to be a success. The F-150 is the gas-powered
> flagship of Ford and the best-selling vehicle in the United States for
> four decades. If Ford cannot sell an electric version, the company will
> be in deep trouble regarding the balance of its EV model line. And rival
> Tesla is bringing a competitor, the Cybertruck, to market this year.
>
> ALSO READ: America’s Least Reliable New Cars
>
> According to its management, Ford has bet its future and billions of
> dollars on EVs. Bill Ford, Ford’s executive chair, who controls the
> company via his family’s shares, said the Lightning is the most important
> vehicle launch of his tenure. Sorry, but it isn’t working out as
> planned."

Presently, the only Ev worth buying are the Tesla models. All the rest are behind in the technology
although theoretically they do have an advantage by having a large network for servicing and parts
procurement.
The Ev fad could possibly turn out to be a huge nothing burger.
We shall see in time.

--
Charlie Glock
"To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens"

Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

<udv1do$2kq33$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31450&group=alt.politics#31450

From: me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net (Scout)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:55:53 -0500
 by: Scout - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 12:55 UTC

"Charlie Glock" <"Charlie Glock"@localhost.com> wrote in message
> On 2023-09-13, Paul Ragna <tpragna1900O@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The castle is crumbling.
>> Ford has realized that people simply don't want EV.
>>
>> "Ford’s EV Plan in Trouble"
>>
>><https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ford-s-ev-plan-in-trouble/ar-
>> AA1gED08?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d4535f720a5143bbae55e72cf3848f4d&ei=
>> 13>
>>
>> "Ford was supposed to be able to build 600,000 electric vehicles (EVs)
>> this year. Then, it wasn’t. The date was pushed back to the end of 2024.
>> Now, Ford may be unable to sell all those EVs, even if it hits that
>> production number. Too few people want an F-150 Lightning, Ford’s
>> electric flagship. (These 15 cars hold their value the longest.)
>> According to Bloomberg, Ford has raised production of the hybrid F-150, a
>> watered-down version that helps save gasoline and the environment. Jim
>> Farley, Ford CEO, says he is surprised by the demand for the hybrid
>> version. He failed to mention that it is a sunsetting of his plan for
>> Ford’s future and aspirations.
>>
>> The hybrid F-150 is cheaper than the Lightning. Apparently, pickup
>> drivers did not warm to its high price. The hybrid engine is ancient
>> compared to EV engines. Cleverly, Ford did not say the lack of demand for
>> the Lightning may be permanent.
>>
>> Several research studies show many Americans do not want to own EVs. They
>> take too long to charge, and there are too few charging stations.
>> Meanwhile, there are hundreds of thousands of gas stations in the United
>> States, and it takes about 10 minutes to fill the tank of most pickups."
>>
>> "Ford needed the Lightning to be a success. The F-150 is the gas-powered
>> flagship of Ford and the best-selling vehicle in the United States for
>> four decades. If Ford cannot sell an electric version, the company will
>> be in deep trouble regarding the balance of its EV model line. And rival
>> Tesla is bringing a competitor, the Cybertruck, to market this year.
>>
>> ALSO READ: America’s Least Reliable New Cars
>>
>> According to its management, Ford has bet its future and billions of
>> dollars on EVs. Bill Ford, Ford’s executive chair, who controls the
>> company via his family’s shares, said the Lightning is the most important
>> vehicle launch of his tenure. Sorry, but it isn’t working out as
>> planned."
>>

> Presently, the only Ev worth buying are the Tesla models.

Sure, but who can afford them? let me guess the same people who complain
they can't repay their student loans.

Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

<udv32u$2kqqg$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31453&group=alt.politics#31453

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 13:50:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 13:50 UTC

On 2023-09-14, Scout <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

> "Charlie Glock" <"Charlie Glock"@localhost.com> wrote in message
>> On 2023-09-13, Paul Ragna <tpragna1900O@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The castle is crumbling.
>>> Ford has realized that people simply don't want EV.
>>>
>>> "Ford’s EV Plan in Trouble"
>>>
>>><https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ford-s-ev-plan-in-trouble/ar-
>>> AA1gED08?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d4535f720a5143bbae55e72cf3848f4d&ei=
>>> 13>
>>>
>>> "Ford was supposed to be able to build 600,000 electric vehicles (EVs)
>>> this year. Then, it wasn’t. The date was pushed back to the end of 2024.
>>> Now, Ford may be unable to sell all those EVs, even if it hits that
>>> production number. Too few people want an F-150 Lightning, Ford’s
>>> electric flagship. (These 15 cars hold their value the longest.)
>>> According to Bloomberg, Ford has raised production of the hybrid F-150, a
>>> watered-down version that helps save gasoline and the environment. Jim
>>> Farley, Ford CEO, says he is surprised by the demand for the hybrid
>>> version. He failed to mention that it is a sunsetting of his plan for
>>> Ford’s future and aspirations.
>>>
>>> The hybrid F-150 is cheaper than the Lightning. Apparently, pickup
>>> drivers did not warm to its high price. The hybrid engine is ancient
>>> compared to EV engines. Cleverly, Ford did not say the lack of demand for
>>> the Lightning may be permanent.
>>>
>>> Several research studies show many Americans do not want to own EVs. They
>>> take too long to charge, and there are too few charging stations.
>>> Meanwhile, there are hundreds of thousands of gas stations in the United
>>> States, and it takes about 10 minutes to fill the tank of most pickups."
>>>
>>> "Ford needed the Lightning to be a success. The F-150 is the gas-powered
>>> flagship of Ford and the best-selling vehicle in the United States for
>>> four decades. If Ford cannot sell an electric version, the company will
>>> be in deep trouble regarding the balance of its EV model line. And rival
>>> Tesla is bringing a competitor, the Cybertruck, to market this year.
>>>
>>> ALSO READ: America’s Least Reliable New Cars
>>>
>>> According to its management, Ford has bet its future and billions of
>>> dollars on EVs. Bill Ford, Ford’s executive chair, who controls the
>>> company via his family’s shares, said the Lightning is the most important
>>> vehicle launch of his tenure. Sorry, but it isn’t working out as
>>> planned."
>>>

>> Presently, the only Ev worth buying are the Tesla models.
>
> Sure, but who can afford them? let me guess the same people who complain
> they can't repay their student loans.

They are expensive but at least for Tesla the price seems to be dropping, at least for now. Where I
live the greeniacs and tree hugger Suburu drivers are the mostly likely to buy a Tesla.
And I do see a large number of Teslas.
Probably the same whiners who also earned useless degrees like gender studies.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble [no, that's bullshit]

<MwEMM.19155$CVBc.8305@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31455&group=alt.politics#31455

From: me4gunzz...@centurylink.removeme.this2.net (Scout)
Subject: Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble [no, that's bullshit]
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:11:56 -0700
 by: Scout - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 14:11 UTC

On 9/13/2023 3:03 PM, Paul Ragna wrote:
> The castle is crumbling.
> Ford has realized that people simply don't want EV.
>
> "Ford’s EV Plan in Trouble"

Wrong.

LAS VEGAS, Nev. — Jim Farley, the CEO of Ford, was pulling a U-turn in an
electric vehicle. The reason? An elusive charging station.

"Where's the charger? This is always what happens to me," he said
good-naturedly, as he turned his F-150 Lightning around, while following
directions from his teenage son in the back seat. "Are they in that corner?"

But when it comes to Ford's plans to scale up electric vehicle production,
Farley says, there's no U-turn at all.

Despite setbacks, the company that revolutionized the auto industry with the
Model T is determined to be a major player in the electric revolution, too.

Competition is fierce. Tesla dominates the industry, both in the U.S. and
globally, and legacy automakers are falling over themselves to figure out
exactly how, and how quickly, they can catch up.

Ford planned to make EVs at a rate of 600,000 per year by the end of 2023, but
Farley — who has led the company since 2020 — recently announced the company was
moving that milestone into next year. A goal of 2 million by 2026 was delayed
indefinitely. (Tesla, the EV leader, sold 1.3 million last year).

Ford is losing money on each EV it sells, so the reason for the shift in plans
didn't seem to be a mystery.

The announcement made headlines and despite solid overall earnings, Ford shares
dropped.

But in an interview with NPR, Farley denied there was any significant shift in
strategy, calling the reasons for the delay "almost mechanical." He was at the
tail end of a three-day EV road trip from northern California to Las Vegas.

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/11/1193083777/ford-electric-vehicles-f150-lightning-jim-farley

Ford is not backing off EVs.

Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

<LOEMM.212$isY3.67@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31457&group=alt.politics#31457

From: websperm...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:30:59 -0700
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 14:30 UTC

On 9/14/2023 6:50 AM, pothead wrote:
> On 2023-09-14, Scout <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
>>

>> "Charlie Glock" <"Charlie Glock"@localhost.com> wrote in message

That's a lie.

No, it isn't.

Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

<0tf8gi56kk9pp83o5tm39snh33d0oc72al@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31487&group=alt.politics#31487

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 07:28:30 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 11:28 UTC

On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 11:07:47 GMT, Charlie Glock <"Charlie Glock"@localhost.com> wrote:

>On 2023-09-13, Paul Ragna <tpragna1900O@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The castle is crumbling.
>> Ford has realized that people simply don't want EV.
>>
>> "Ford?s EV Plan in Trouble"
>>
>><https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ford-s-ev-plan-in-trouble/ar-
>> AA1gED08?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d4535f720a5143bbae55e72cf3848f4d&ei=
>> 13>
>>
>> "Ford was supposed to be able to build 600,000 electric vehicles (EVs)
>> this year. Then, it wasn?t. The date was pushed back to the end of 2024.
>> Now, Ford may be unable to sell all those EVs, even if it hits that
>> production number. Too few people want an F-150 Lightning, Ford?s
>> electric flagship. (These 15 cars hold their value the longest.)
>> According to Bloomberg, Ford has raised production of the hybrid F-150, a
>> watered-down version that helps save gasoline and the environment. Jim
>> Farley, Ford CEO, says he is surprised by the demand for the hybrid
>> version. He failed to mention that it is a sunsetting of his plan for
>> Ford?s future and aspirations.
>>
>> The hybrid F-150 is cheaper than the Lightning. Apparently, pickup
>> drivers did not warm to its high price. The hybrid engine is ancient
>> compared to EV engines. Cleverly, Ford did not say the lack of demand for
>> the Lightning may be permanent.
>>
>> Several research studies show many Americans do not want to own EVs. They
>> take too long to charge, and there are too few charging stations.
>> Meanwhile, there are hundreds of thousands of gas stations in the United
>> States, and it takes about 10 minutes to fill the tank of most pickups."
>>
>> "Ford needed the Lightning to be a success. The F-150 is the gas-powered
>> flagship of Ford and the best-selling vehicle in the United States for
>> four decades. If Ford cannot sell an electric version, the company will
>> be in deep trouble regarding the balance of its EV model line. And rival
>> Tesla is bringing a competitor, the Cybertruck, to market this year.
>>
>> ALSO READ: America?s Least Reliable New Cars
>>
>> According to its management, Ford has bet its future and billions of
>> dollars on EVs. Bill Ford, Ford?s executive chair, who controls the
>> company via his family?s shares, said the Lightning is the most important
>> vehicle launch of his tenure. Sorry, but it isn?t working out as
>> planned."
>>

>Presently, the only Ev worth buying are the Tesla models. All the rest are behind in the technology

Including Motor Trend's 2022 car of the year?
<https://www.lucidmotors.com/air>

>although theoretically they do have an advantage by having a large network for servicing and parts
>procurement.
>The Ev fad could possibly turn out to be a huge nothing burger.
>We shall see in time.

We certainly shall.

Swill
--
"Instead of building a wall or sending CBP agents to the border, why
doesn't the GOP send thoughts and prayers? It works so well for Mass

Dead Nazi Series: Goering - https://tinyurl.com/5dksebj5

GO TRUMP! Go farther! Farther! I can still hear you!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

<ivf8gi5irafb2itfmrpbikdnl6vgpashpn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31488&group=alt.politics#31488

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 07:29:14 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 11:29 UTC

On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:55:53 -0500, "Scout" <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
wrote:

>Sure, but who can afford them?

Anybody who can afford a new car.

Swill
--
"Instead of building a wall or sending CBP agents to the border, why
doesn't the GOP send thoughts and prayers? It works so well for Mass
Shootings it should easily solve the border issue." - unknown

Dead Nazi Series: Goering - https://tinyurl.com/5dksebj5

GO TRUMP! Go farther! Farther! I can still hear you!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

<52cbgi934g9o8qkkkcb2h4eiqps0lf235l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31502&group=alt.politics#31502

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 09:40:59 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 13:40 UTC

On Fri, 15 Sep 2023 07:29:14 -0400, Governor Swill
<governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:55:53 -0500, "Scout" <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
>wrote:
>

>>Sure, but who can afford them?
>
>Anybody who can afford a new car.
>
>Swill

"He brings up a great point. The electric vehicles on the market are
well beyond the means of most consumers and get more expensive all the
time. Tesla and Rivian both hiked their prices this month. The
cheapest Tesla, a Model 3, now costs $47,000 to start. Ford’s Mach-E
has a similar base price if you include the delivery charge and taxes.
Cadillac’s Lyriq will start at around $60,000 when it goes into
production next week."

"https://ampo.org/electric-vehicles-are-out-of-reach-for-most-u-s-consumers/

Re: Ford's EV Plan in Trouble

<od4egi9tinhsh9nrjuvkrjojk9h5ag5te8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31510&group=alt.politics#31510

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 10:48:35 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 14:48 UTC

On Sat, 16 Sep 2023 09:40:59 -0400, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Sep 2023 07:29:14 -0400, Governor Swill
><governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:55:53 -0500, "Scout" <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Sure, but who can afford them?
>>
>>Anybody who can afford a new car.
>>
>>Swill
>

>"He brings up a great point. The electric vehicles on the market are
>well beyond the means of most consumers and get more expensive all the
>time. Tesla and Rivian both hiked their prices this month. The
>cheapest Tesla, a Model 3, now costs $47,000 to start. Ford’s Mach-E
>has a similar base price if you include the delivery charge and taxes.
>Cadillac’s Lyriq will start at around $60,000 when it goes into
>production next week."
>
>"https://ampo.org/electric-vehicles-are-out-of-reach-for-most-u-s-consumers/

And Swill runs away yet again.