From: tpragna1...@gmail.com (Paul Ragna)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Homeless Program in Washington State Has Burned Through $143 Million to House Less Than 1,000 People
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 14:05:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Paul Ragna - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 14:05 UTC

What a wonderful use of tax payer money.

"Homeless Program in Washington State Has Burned Through $143 Million to
House Less Than 1,000 People"

<https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/09/homeless-program-washington-
state-has-burned-through-143/>

"Washington State has been trying to deal with their homeless problem,
but they haven�t had much success.

A program designed to close down tent communities and get homeless people
into housing has already spent $143 million dollars to house less than a
thousand people. That�s a horrible ratio.

And now they want more cash, because they think this program has been so
effective.

FOX News reports:

Why a Veteran-Owned Freeze-Dried Beef Company Unabashedly Embraces an
America First Worldview

Blue state�s $143 million homeless program got less than a thousand
people housed. Now governor wants more

1 Simple Trick To Cut Your Electrical Bill By 90%
Urologist: Enlarged Prostate? Do This Immediately (Genius!)
Method Discovered By Accident 'Relief' Ringing Ears (Watch)
An initiative to remove homeless camps from roadways needs more money to
continue next year, according to Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, after
burning through $143 million in a little over a year.

�You can�t do this with zero dollars,� Inslee, a Democrat, told KOMO
News. �We�ll need the legislature in January to step up to increase
funding so we can continue the progress we�re making.�

Inslee�s statewide Rights-of-Way Safety Initiative began in June 2022
with the goal of removing homeless camps from state property near roads
and offering housing to the people living in the camps.

The Wooden Hummingbird House is Sweeping New York
Libiyi
A 70-year-old Engineer Designed This Sneaker for Elderly Women
Sursell
25 Shameless T-shirts People Wore in Public
Lulu Bloom
On Friday, Inslee toured a tiny home village in Olympia funded by the
initiative that will soon provide shelter to 50 people who previously
lived in an encampment along I-5, KOMO reported. The governor said during
the tour that the safety initiative is out of money and, come January,
camps will remain on state lands if the legislature does not allocate
more funds.

�We�re very proud of the work state agencies have done in our right of
way initiative working alongside local officials and service providers,�
a spokesperson for the governor told Fox News in an email. �We will take
as much funding as we can get to continue this work.�

Only a liberal government would think this is a success.

One of the problems with this issue is that it has become an industry.
Too many people are making good money trying to �end� homelessness and
therefore, don�t want it to end."

Re: Homeless Program in Washington State Has Burned Through $143 Million to House Less Than 1,000 People

<ue1ou3$39bpe$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31495&group=alt.politics#31495

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: Homeless Program in Washington State Has Burned Through $143
Million to House Less Than 1,000 People
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 14:15:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 14:15 UTC

On 2023-09-15, Paul Ragna <tpragna1900O@gmail.com> wrote:
> What a wonderful use of tax payer money.
>
> "Homeless Program in Washington State Has Burned Through $143 Million to
> House Less Than 1,000 People"
>
><https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/09/homeless-program-washington-
> state-has-burned-through-143/>
>
> "Washington State has been trying to deal with their homeless problem,
> but they haven’t had much success.
>>

> A program designed to close down tent communities and get homeless people
> into housing has already spent $143 million dollars to house less than a
> thousand people. That’s a horrible ratio.
>
> And now they want more cash, because they think this program has been so
> effective.
>
> FOX News reports:
>
> Why a Veteran-Owned Freeze-Dried Beef Company Unabashedly Embraces an
> America First Worldview
>
> Blue state’s $143 million homeless program got less than a thousand
> people housed. Now governor wants more
>
> 1 Simple Trick To Cut Your Electrical Bill By 90%
> Urologist: Enlarged Prostate? Do This Immediately (Genius!)
> Method Discovered By Accident 'Relief' Ringing Ears (Watch)
> An initiative to remove homeless camps from roadways needs more money to
> continue next year, according to Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, after
> burning through $143 million in a little over a year.
>
> “You can’t do this with zero dollars,” Inslee, a Democrat, told KOMO
> News. “We’ll need the legislature in January to step up to increase
> funding so we can continue the progress we’re making.”
>
> Inslee’s statewide Rights-of-Way Safety Initiative began in June 2022
> with the goal of removing homeless camps from state property near roads
> and offering housing to the people living in the camps.
>

> The Wooden Hummingbird House is Sweeping New York
> Libiyi
> A 70-year-old Engineer Designed This Sneaker for Elderly Women
> Sursell
> 25 Shameless T-shirts People Wore in Public
> Lulu Bloom
> On Friday, Inslee toured a tiny home village in Olympia funded by the
> initiative that will soon provide shelter to 50 people who previously
> lived in an encampment along I-5, KOMO reported. The governor said during
> the tour that the safety initiative is out of money and, come January,
> camps will remain on state lands if the legislature does not allocate
> more funds.
>
> “We’re very proud of the work state agencies have done in our right of
> way initiative working alongside local officials and service providers,”
> a spokesperson for the governor told Fox News in an email. “We will take
> as much funding as we can get to continue this work.”
>
> Only a liberal government would think this is a success.
>

> One of the problems with this issue is that it has become an industry.
> Too many people are making good money trying to ‘end’ homelessness and
> therefore, don’t want it to end."

Welcome to the Marxist liberal's nirvana.
Coming to a city near you.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Re: Homeless Program in Washington State Has Burned Through $143 Million to House Less Than 1,000 People

<w2%MM.53902$Flj7.24900@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31497&group=alt.politics#31497

From: NoO...@private.corp (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 15:49:48 GMT
 by: John Doe - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 15:49 UTC

> [...]
> > initiative that will soon provide shelter to 50 people who previously
> > lived in an encampment along I-5, KOMO reported. The governor said during
> > the tour that the safety initiative is out of money and, come January,
> > camps will remain on state lands if the legislature does not allocate
> > more funds.
> >
> > �We�re very proud of the work state agencies have done in our right of
> > way initiative working alongside local officials and service providers,�
> > a spokesperson for the governor told Fox News in an email. �We will take
> > as much funding as we can get to continue this work.�
> >
> > Only a liberal government would think this is a success.
> >

> > One of the problems with this issue is that it has become an industry.
> > Too many people are making good money trying to �end� homelessness and
> > therefore, don�t want it to end."
>
> Welcome to the Marxist liberal's nirvana.

Maybe it didn;'t actually "save a lot of money" when Reagan closed down the mental health facilities and goosed the homeless problem into gear.