From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc, alt.politics.international, alt.politics.org.un, alt.activism, soc.rights.human, alt.politics
Subject: [CBC] Fight between Canada and India
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 01:34:07 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 04:04 UTC

This was reported on on CBC TV’s The National tonight.

What is your opinion on the developing fight between Canada
and India over Indian intelligence supposedly being behind
the murder of a Canadian citizen Sikh separatist on Canadian soil?

So far Canada has expelled one Indian diplomat said to be
tied to Indian intelligence, and has demanded that India
investigate who did the murder and who ordered it.

"For she is the perfect creature, natural in every feature
And I am the geek with the alchemists' stone" (Jimmy MacCarthy)

Re: [CBC] Fight between Canada and India

<0001HW.2ABBFD490005FB94700002BD738F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31543&group=alt.politics#31543

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc, alt.politics.international, alt.politics.org.un, alt.activism, soc.rights.human, alt.politics
Subject: Re: [CBC] Fight between Canada and India
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 01:55:45 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 04:25 UTC

On Sep 19, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AB95537000C0A12700008C9638F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> This was reported on on CBC TV’s The National tonight.
>
> What is your opinion on the developing fight between Canada
> and India over Indian intelligence supposedly being behind
> the murder of a Canadian citizen Sikh separatist on Canadian soil?
>
> So far Canada has expelled one Indian diplomat said to be
> tied to Indian intelligence, and has demanded that India
> investigate who did the murder and who ordered it.

And September 21 is National Chai Day in India.

(It is also the International Day of Peace.)

"For she is the perfect creature, natural in every feature
And I am the geek with the alchemists' stone" (Jimmy MacCarthy)

Re: [CBC] Fight between Canada and India

<piKdneXt9vA5uZD4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31559&group=alt.politics#31559

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.international,alt.politics,soc.rights.human,alt.politics
From: 51b.1...@qtq9.net (51b.1055)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:22:23 -0400
 by: 51b.1055 - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 05:22 UTC

On 9/19/23 12:04 AM, David Dalton wrote:
> This was reported on on CBC TV’s The National tonight.
>
> What is your opinion on the developing fight between Canada
> and India over Indian intelligence supposedly being behind
> the murder of a Canadian citizen Sikh separatist on Canadian soil?
>
> So far Canada has expelled one Indian diplomat said to be
> tied to Indian intelligence, and has demanded that India
> investigate who did the murder and who ordered it.

Canada, the govt, per-se, seems to have nothing
to do with this. It's Indian extremism -vs-
Indian extremism. Just HAPPENED to take place
on Canadian soil.

Not sure expelling the ambassador was the
best tact however ... but he MAY have been
involved, or at least aware.

Fortunately actual war between India and Canada
does not seem to be in the cards - the impacts
are likely to be in the economic sphere. India
is now the worlds most populated country and
has considerable economic clout. It also has
nuclear weapons - but those aren't in the cards
fortunately.

Religious/cultural extremism is still nothing novel
in the world. There will be other incidents from
time to time and they can happen in any country.