From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Mitt Romney Says The GOP Is Batshit Crazy
Date: 13 Sep 2023 19:41:02 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:41 UTC

Mitt Romney [R-UT] will not run for re-election and lets loose
on the travesty the Republican Party has become:
| A very large portion of my party really doesn't believe in
| the Constitution."
| In public, of course, they played their parts as Trump
| loyalists, often contorting themselves rhetorically to
| defend the president's most indefensible behavior. But in
| private, they ridiculed his ignorance, rolled their eyes at
| his antics, and made incisive observations about his
| warped, toddler­like psyche. Romney recalled one senior
| Republican senator frankly admitting, "He has none of the
| qualities you would want in a president, and all of the
| qualities you wouldn't."
<https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/11/mitt-romney-retiring-senate-trump-mcconnell/675306/>

--bks

Re: Mitt Romney Says The GOP Is Batshit Crazy

<cNtMM.20341$tXw4.2327@fx11.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31434&group=alt.politics#31434

From: NoO...@private.corp (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney Says The GOP Is Batshit Crazy
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 01:58:32 GMT
 by: John Doe - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 01:58 UTC

> Mitt Romney [R-UT] will not run for re-election and lets loose
> on the travesty the Republican Party has become:
> | A very large portion of my party really doesn't believe in
> | the Constitution."
> | In public, of course, they played their parts as Trump
> | loyalists, often contorting themselves rhetorically to
> | defend the president's most indefensible behavior. But in
> | private, they ridiculed his ignorance, rolled their eyes at
> | his antics, and made incisive observations about his
> | warped, toddler�like psyche. Romney recalled one senior
> | Republican senator frankly admitting, "He has none of the
> | qualities you would want in a president, and all of the
> | qualities you wouldn't."
> <https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/11/
> mitt-romney-retiring-senate-trump-mcconnell/675306/>
>
> --bks

I was not a fan of Romney's flip-flopping the last time he ran for president, but when he's right, he's right.

The GOP left him. Re: Mitt Romney Says The GOP Is Batshit Crazy

<uedunh$2plim$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31528&group=alt.politics#31528

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Gronk)