Reality is bad enough, why should I tell the truth? -- Patrick Sky

interests / alt.politics / Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

SubjectAuthor
* Shutting Down The Goverment Costs BillionsBradley K. Sherman
+* Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs BillionsMitchell Holman
|`- Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs BillionsJohn Doe
+* Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs BillionsAl Feldhauser
|`* Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs BillionsBradley K. Sherman
| `- Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs BillionsAl Feldhauser
+- Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs BillionsRobin Ware
`* Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs BillionsNoBody
 `- Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs BillionsNoBody

1
Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

<uervs0$niu$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31610&group=alt.politics#31610

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions
Date: 25 Sep 2023 12:53:20 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 12:53 UTC

| The costly truth about US government shutdowns: They don't
| save taxpayers a dime.
|
| Government services may grind to a halt as federal workers
| get sent home. But, thanks to uncollected entrance fees at
| national parks, lack of sales from government gift shops
| and back pay provided to government employees, shutdowns
| can end up costing billions of dollars.
<https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-25/shutdowns-cost-billions-as-us-federal-workers-paid-to-stay-home>

--bks

Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

<XnsB08A50D61C33Bnoemailcomcastnet@69.80.102.49>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31611&group=alt.politics#31611

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 13:05:36 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 13:05 UTC

bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in

> | The costly truth about US government shutdowns: They don't
> | save taxpayers a dime.
> |
> | Government services may grind to a halt as federal workers
> | get sent home. But, thanks to uncollected entrance fees at
> | national parks, lack of sales from government gift shops
> | and back pay provided to government employees, shutdowns
> | can end up costing billions of dollars.
> <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-25/shutdowns-cost-bill
> ions-as-us-federal-workers-paid-to-stay-home>
>
> --bks

Republicans think government is broken, and
to prove it they take it over and break it.

Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

<T0hQM.284053$ZXz4.192740@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31617&group=alt.politics#31617

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: kiick_wi...@taft.cone (Al Feldhauser)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 07:44:03 -0700
 by: Al Feldhauser - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:44 UTC

On 9/25/2023 5:53 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | The costly truth about US government shutdowns: They don't
> | save taxpayers a dime.
> |
> | Government services may grind to a halt as federal workers
> | get sent home. But, thanks to uncollected entrance fees at
> | national parks, lack of sales from government gift shops

That costs "billions", does it?

No.

Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

<l4hQM.199028$Flj7.92765@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31619&group=alt.politics#31619

From: NoO...@private.corp (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:47:45 GMT
 by: John Doe - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:47 UTC

> bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in
>

> > | The costly truth about US government shutdowns: They don't
> > | save taxpayers a dime.
> > |
> > | Government services may grind to a halt as federal workers
> > | get sent home. But, thanks to uncollected entrance fees at
> > | national parks, lack of sales from government gift shops
> > | and back pay provided to government employees, shutdowns
> > | can end up costing billions of dollars.
> > <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-25/shutdowns-cost-bill
> > ions-as-us-federal-workers-paid-to-stay-home>
> >
> > --bks
> >

> Republicans think government is broken, and
> to prove it they take it over and break it.

Exactly. Trump and the far-right GOP want to make Biden look bad and they don't care how much it costs us all to do the Trump Shutdown.

Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

<ues74j$37r$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31620&group=alt.politics#31620

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:57:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:57 UTC

Al Feldhauser <kiick_wiebur@taft.cone> wrote:
>On 9/25/2023 5:53 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> |
>> | The costly truth about US government shutdowns: They don't
>> | save taxpayers a dime.
>> |
>> | Government services may grind to a halt as federal workers
>> | get sent home. But, thanks to uncollected entrance fees at
>> | national parks, lack of sales from government gift shops
>
>That costs "billions", does it?

Yes. Read the article.

--bks

He who refuses to do arithmetic is doomed to speak nonsense.

Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

<ues78e$1tb27$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31621&group=alt.politics#31621

From: bidensBS...@dementia.com (Robin Ware)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 10:59:26 -0400
 by: Robin Ware - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:59 UTC

On 9/25/2023 8:53 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | The costly truth about US government shutdowns: They don't
> | save taxpayers a dime.
> |
> | Government services may grind to a halt as federal workers
> | get sent home. But, thanks to uncollected entrance fees at
> | national parks, lack of sales from government gift shops
> | and back pay provided to government employees, shutdowns
> | can end up costing billions of dollars.
> <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-25/shutdowns-cost-billions-as-us-federal-workers-paid-to-stay-home>
>
> --bks

Keeping it open costs us trillions.

Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

<OlhQM.152294$1B%c.131862@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31622&group=alt.politics#31622

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: kiick_wi...@taft.cone (Al Feldhauser)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 08:06:21 -0700
 by: Al Feldhauser - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 15:06 UTC

On 9/25/2023 7:57 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> Al Feldhauser <kiick_wiebur@taft.cone> wrote:

>> That costs "billions", does it?
>
> Yes.

No. Lost national park entrance fees will not cost "billions."

Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

<t3g5hi5ofqidfr0r957l8l4spa28f5raae@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31646&group=alt.politics#31646

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 07:29:21 -0400
 by: NoBody - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 11:29 UTC

On 25 Sep 2023 12:53:20 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
wrote:

> | The costly truth about US government shutdowns: They don't
> | save taxpayers a dime.
> |
> | Government services may grind to a halt as federal workers
> | get sent home. But, thanks to uncollected entrance fees at
> | national parks, lack of sales from government gift shops
> | and back pay provided to government employees, shutdowns
> | can end up costing billions of dollars.
><https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-25/shutdowns-cost-billions-as-us-federal-workers-paid-to-stay-home>
>
> --bks

That's not the point of this at all but you know that.

Re: Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions

<tu28hipnq66r70h75ktqvcehcuj4m2cpic@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31676&group=alt.politics#31676

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 07:03:06 -0400
 by: NoBody - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:03 UTC

On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 07:29:21 -0400, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On 25 Sep 2023 12:53:20 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
>wrote:
>

>> | The costly truth about US government shutdowns: They don't
>> | save taxpayers a dime.
>> |
>> | Government services may grind to a halt as federal workers
>> | get sent home. But, thanks to uncollected entrance fees at
>> | national parks, lack of sales from government gift shops
>> | and back pay provided to government employees, shutdowns
>> | can end up costing billions of dollars.
>><https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-25/shutdowns-cost-billions-as-us-federal-workers-paid-to-stay-home>
>>
>> --bks
>
>That's not the point of this at all but you know that.

And Bradley is gone.

interests / alt.politics / Shutting Down The Goverment Costs Billions