19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

interests / alt.politics / Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

SubjectAuthor
* Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
+- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
`* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeCriminal Trump
 `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
  +* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeMr. B1ack
  |`* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeSiri Cruise
  | `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
  |  `- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
  `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   +* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
   |`* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   | +* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
   | |+* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeMax Boot
   | ||+- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
   | ||`* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   | || `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeSiri Cruise
   | ||  `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   | ||   `- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   | |`* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   | | +* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
   | | |`* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   | | | `- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   | | `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeSiri Cruise
   | |  `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   | |   `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeKen
   | |    `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeSiri Cruise
   | |     `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   | |      `- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeKen
   | `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
   |  `* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeNoBody
   |   +* Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeBradley K. Sherman
   |   |`- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeSiri Cruise
   |   `- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeSiri Cruise
   +- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeSiri Cruise
   `- Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules JudgeMr. B1ack

Pages:12
Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uevin6$lq1$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31664&group=alt.politics#31664

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge
Date: 26 Sep 2023 21:33:26 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 21:33 UTC

| A judge ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump committed fraud for
| years while building the real estate empire that catapulted
| him to fame and the White House.
<https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit-1569245a9284427117b8d3ba5da74249>

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uevrfu$83m$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31665&group=alt.politics#31665

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 00:03:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 00:03 UTC

> | A judge ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump committed fraud for
> | years while building the real estate empire that catapulted
> | him to fame and the White House.
><https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit-1569245a9284427117b8d3ba5da74249>

Chapter and verse:
<https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23991885-452564_2022_people_of_the_state_of_v_people_of_the_state_of_decision___order_on_1531>

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf00d6$2ora2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31668&group=alt.politics#31668

From: now...@protonmail.com (Criminal Trump)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 01:27:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Criminal Trump - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 01:27 UTC

> | A judge ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump committed fraud for
> | years while building the real estate empire that catapulted
> | him to fame and the White House.
><https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit-15692
>45a9284427117b8d3ba5da74249>
>
> --bks

Another typical rightist.

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf1c7c$61$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31683&group=alt.politics#31683

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:54:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:54 UTC

>> | A judge ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump committed fraud for
>> | years while building the real estate empire that catapulted
>> | him to fame and the White House.

| But a ruling on Tuesday by a New York State judge that Mr.
| Trump had committed fraud by inflating the value of his
| real estate holdings went to the heart of the identity that
| made him a national figure and launched his political
| career.
|
| By effectively branding him a cheat, the decision in the
| civil proceeding by Justice Arthur F. Engoron undermined
| Mr. Trump's relentlessly promoted narrative of himself as a
| master of the business world, the persona that he used to
| enmesh himself in the fabric of popular culture and that
| eventually gave him the stature and resources to reach the
| White House.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/27/us/politics/trump-fraud-ruling.html>

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<cfXQM.52260$2_m.45903@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31686&group=alt.politics#31686

From: bykk...@dogshit~rag.nut (Mr. B1ack)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 07:46:31 -0700
 by: Mr. B1ack - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:46 UTC

On 9/27/2023 6:54 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | But a ruling on Tuesday by a New York State judge that Mr.
> | Trump had committed fraud by inflating the value of his
> | real estate holdings went to the heart of the identity that
> | made him a national figure and launched his political
> | career.
> |
> | By effectively branding him a cheat, the decision in the
> | civil proceeding by Justice Arthur F. Engoron undermined
> | Mr. Trump's relentlessly promoted narrative of himself as a
> | master of the business world, the persona that he used to
> | enmesh himself in the fabric of popular culture and that
> | eventually gave him the stature and resources to reach the
> | White House.
> <https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/27/us/politics/trump-fraud-ruling.html>

I think this damages Trump as much as any criminal charges against him.

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf1h45$353e8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31687&group=alt.politics#31687

From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 08:18:28 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 15:18 UTC

Mr. B1ack wrote:

>>   | ...
>>   | But a ruling on Tuesday by a New York State judge that Mr.
>>   | Trump had committed fraud by inflating the value of his
>>   | real estate holdings went to the heart of the identity that
>>   | made him a national figure and launched his political
>>   | career.
>>   | By effectively branding him a cheat, the decision in the
>>   | civil proceeding by Justice Arthur F. Engoron undermined
>>   | Mr. Trump's relentlessly promoted narrative of himself as a
>>   | master of the business world, the persona that he used to
>>   | enmesh himself in the fabric of popular culture and that
>>   | eventually gave him the stature and resources to reach the
>>   | White House.
>>   | ...
>> <https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/27/us/politics/trump-fraud-ruling.html>
>>

> I think this damages Trump as much as any criminal charges against
> him.

Magoos are going to celebrate how Don Thrumper stuck it to the
Man. That will them make more enthusiastic to become the Man again.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf1h6b$p9$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31688&group=alt.politics#31688

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 15:19:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 15:19 UTC

| Donald Trump is no longer in business in New York State. A
| judge canceled all of his business certificates and
| appointed a judge to monitor the assets. Barring an
| unlikely reversal by an appeal court, the assets will be
| sold and Trump, Don Jr., & Eric are barred from business.

<https://twitter.com/DavidCayJ/status/1706827377207026017>

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf1ta6$h57$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31690&group=alt.politics#31690

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 18:46:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 18:46 UTC

| New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron also ordered
| the cancellation of Trump business certificates and imposed
| sanctions on attorneys representing him, two of his adult
| children, two other company executives and the business for
| repeating arguments that failed multiple times previously
| and were called "borderline frivolous."
|
| Five Trump attorneys have been ordered to pay $7,500 each
| to a state organization that reimburses clients whose
| attorneys misused funds. One of the attorneys sanctioned by
| Engoron is Christopher Kise, a former Florida solicitor
| general who also represents Trump in federal court there in
| the indictment over the retention and mishandling of
| classified documents.
|
| The decision orders the parties to suggest candidates for
| receivers who will oversee the dissolution of the various
| entities that make up the Trump Organization's corporate
| structure -- a ruling that appears to mean the collapse of
| its operations in New York.
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/09/26/ny-judge-finds-trump-committed-fraud-sanctions-his-attorneys/>

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<tooahihqt2lnl21cf2fm2ejcnqnbft613g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31699&group=alt.politics#31699

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 07:29:10 -0400
 by: NoBody - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:29 UTC

On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:54:52 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

> | But a ruling on Tuesday by a New York State judge that Mr.
> | Trump had committed fraud by inflating the value of his
> | real estate holdings went to the heart of the identity that
> | made him a national figure and launched his political
> | career.
> |
> | By effectively branding him a cheat, the decision in the
> | civil proceeding by Justice Arthur F. Engoron undermined
> | Mr. Trump's relentlessly promoted narrative of himself as a
> | master of the business world, the persona that he used to
> | enmesh himself in the fabric of popular culture and that
> | eventually gave him the stature and resources to reach the
> | White House.
><https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/27/us/politics/trump-fraud-ruling.html>
>
> --bks

Is this the same judge who lowballed estimates of Trump's worth to
make his ruling?

"A New York judge’s Tuesday ruling valuing Donald Trump’s sprawling,
headline-making Florida estate at $18 million has left industry
experts perplexed.

In his verdict, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron
delivered a bombshell ruling that the former president committed fraud
by inflating the value of his wealth, with details including the
monetary value associated with Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach.

This decision, which came down without a jury, has sent shockwaves
through political — and real estate — circles, especially that $18
million base value for the property.

One prominent Palm Beach real estate broker, speaking on the condition
of anonymity, told The Post, “It’s utterly delusional to think that
property is only worth $18 million.”

The insider added, “If that property were on the market today, I would
list it at around $300 million, minimum … at least."

https://nypost.com/2023/09/27/donald-trumps-mar-a-lago-worth-at-least-300m-sources/

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf3r1k$76h$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31701&group=alt.politics#31701

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 12:20:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 12:20 UTC

Kremlin Girl <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>> | But a ruling on Tuesday by a New York State judge that Mr.
>> | Trump had committed fraud by inflating the value of his
>> | real estate holdings went to the heart of the identity that
>> | made him a national figure and launched his political
>> | career.
>> |
>> | By effectively branding him a cheat, the decision in the
>> | civil proceeding by Justice Arthur F. Engoron undermined
>> | Mr. Trump's relentlessly promoted narrative of himself as a
>> | master of the business world, the persona that he used to
>> | enmesh himself in the fabric of popular culture and that
>> | eventually gave him the stature and resources to reach the
>> | White House.
>><https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/27/us/politics/trump-fraud-ruling.html>
>
>Is this the same judge who lowballed estimates of Trump's worth to
>make his ruling?

Kremlin Girl, don't get your news from the NYPost. The judge
did nothing of the sort! Here is the judge's ruling:

<https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23991885-452564_2022_people_of_the_state_of_v_people_of_the_state_of_decision___order_on_1531>

Quote from it rather than from the RWEC if you want to make a point.

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf3u4h$3mnr2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31704&group=alt.politics#31704

From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 06:12:49 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:12 UTC

NoBody wrote:
> Is this the same judge who lowballed estimates of Trump's worth to
> make his ruling?

You can finance the appeal.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.O / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<QUfRM.320076$ZXz4.265823@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31705&group=alt.politics#31705

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: bykk...@dogshit~rag.nut (Mr. B1ack)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 07:16:16 -0700
 by: Mr. B1ack - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 14:16 UTC

On 9/28/2023 4:29 AM, NoBody wrote:

>> | But a ruling on Tuesday by a New York State judge that Mr.
>> | Trump had committed fraud by inflating the value of his
>> | real estate holdings went to the heart of the identity that
>> | made him a national figure and launched his political
>> | career.
>> |
>> | By effectively branding him a cheat, the decision in the
>> | civil proceeding by Justice Arthur F. Engoron undermined
>> | Mr. Trump's relentlessly promoted narrative of himself as a
>> | master of the business world, the persona that he used to
>> | enmesh himself in the fabric of popular culture and that
>> | eventually gave him the stature and resources to reach the
>> | White House.
>> <https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/27/us/politics/trump-fraud-ruling.html>
>>
>> --bks
>
> Is this the same judge who lowballed estimates of Trump's worth to
> make his ruling?

That didn't happen.

> "A New York judge’s Tuesday ruling valuing Donald Trump’s sprawling,
> headline-making Florida estate at $18 million has left industry
> experts perplexed.

That's the valuation the Trumps requested the tax assessor give the property.
The assessor had valued the dump at $26 million, and the Trumps appealed it,
saying that was too high. They eventually agreed on $18 million.

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<occdhipiralrnsq7at8e837g0fg1hop6kh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31714&group=alt.politics#31714

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 07:18:26 -0400
 by: NoBody - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:18 UTC

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 12:20:04 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>Kremlin Girl <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>><https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/27/us/politics/trump-fraud-ruling.html>
>>
>>Is this the same judge who lowballed estimates of Trump's worth to
>>make his ruling?
>
>Kremlin Girl, don't get your news from the NYPost. The judge
>did nothing of the sort! Here is the judge's ruling:
>
><https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23991885-452564_2022_people_of_the_state_of_v_people_of_the_state_of_decision___order_on_1531>
>
>Quote from it rather than from the RWEC if you want to make a point.
>
> --bks

If you claim that he didn't value Mara-lago at 18M then YOU quote for
it. Not going to read 35 pages of an image only (unsearchable) pdf
just to tell me what I already know. Even CBS acknowledges this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-mar-a-lago-1-8-billion-own-company-said-it-was-too-high/

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf6eq5$sgk$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31715&group=alt.politics#31715

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:09:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:09 UTC

>><https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23991885-452564_2022_people_of_the_state_of_v_people_of_the_state_of_decision___order_on_1531>
>If you claim that he didn't value Mara-lago at 18M then YOU quote for
>it.

Your wish is my command. Here is the *only* place in the
court document where "$18 million" is given:
| From 2011-2021 the Palm Beach County Assessor appraised the
| market value of Mar-a-Lago at between $18 million and $27.6
| million.
<ibid.>

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<yaBRM.328724$ZXz4.14678@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31722&group=alt.politics#31722

From: max.b...@lathymes.com (Max Boot)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 07:28:26 -0700
 by: Max Boot - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:28 UTC

On 9/29/2023 5:09 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

>>> <https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23991885-452564_2022_people_of_the_state_of_v_people_of_the_state_of_decision___order_on_1531>
>> If you claim that he didn't value Mara-lago at 18M then YOU quote for
>> it.
>
> Your wish is my command. Here is the *only* place in the
> court document where "$18 million" is given:
> | From 2011-2021 the Palm Beach County Assessor appraised the
> | market value of Mar-a-Lago at between $18 million and $27.6
> | million.
> <ibid.>

The judge noted that when the assessor valued the property at $26 million, the
Trumps shrieked and howled and appealed, and successfully got the valuation
marked down to $18 million. The *Trumps* said Mar-a-Dumpo was only worth $18
million. The judge agreed with them.

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf6obj$lqn$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31725&group=alt.politics#31725

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:52:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:52 UTC

Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> wrote:
><https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23991885-452564_2022_people_of_the_state_of_v_people_of_the_state_of_decision___order_on_1531>
>> | From 2011-2021 the Palm Beach County Assessor appraised the
>> | market value of Mar-a-Lago at between $18 million and $27.6
>> | million.
>The judge noted that when the assessor valued the property at $26 million, the
>Trumps shrieked and howled and appealed, and successfully got the valuation
>marked down to $18 million. The *Trumps* said Mar-a-Dumpo was only worth $18
>million. The judge agreed with them.

The judge (AFAICT) made no statement of agreement, he just
pointed out that Trump had used a figure 2,300% higher on
loan filings.

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf71ig$su5$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31727&group=alt.politics#31727

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:29:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:29 UTC

| A New York judge's sweeping ruling on Tuesday punishing
| Donald Trump for years of alleged business fraud could
| force the former president to sell the New York real estate
| empire he built over decades that helped catapult him to
| fame, television stardom and the White House.
| Among those properties are Fifth Avenue's Trump Tower, the
| landmark where Trump maintained his personal residence for
| years, filmed episodes of the "The Apprentice" and launched
| his 2016 presidential campaign.
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/29/trump-tower-new-york-ruling-engoron-james/>

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<4laghi5sgms7ma2gmbukcju70ud8tforp2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31742&group=alt.politics#31742

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:06:49 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:06 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:09:41 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>>><https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23991885-452564_2022_people_of_the_state_of_v_people_of_the_state_of_decision___order_on_1531>
>>If you claim that he didn't value Mara-lago at 18M then YOU quote for
>>it.
>
>Your wish is my command. Here is the *only* place in the
>court document where "$18 million" is given:
> | From 2011-2021 the Palm Beach County Assessor appraised the
> | market value of Mar-a-Lago at between $18 million and $27.6
> | million.
><ibid.>
>
> --bks

Thank you. What a town assess a proprerty value to be has nothing to
do with its actual market value as they are typically reassessed every
number of years. It's a value set to make sure they get a number for
their tax rate. Oddly the judge didn't consult with actual real
estate experts to determine its value. As I've already established
the value is way off.

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<isaghilva060im0f7lmjj3ndjf6lm7j5f3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31743&group=alt.politics#31743

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:07:57 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:07 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 07:28:26 -0700, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com>
wrote:

>>> If you claim that he didn't value Mara-lago at 18M then YOU quote for
>>> it.
>>
>> Your wish is my command. Here is the *only* place in the
>> court document where "$18 million" is given:
>> | From 2011-2021 the Palm Beach County Assessor appraised the
>> | market value of Mar-a-Lago at between $18 million and $27.6
>> | million.
>> <ibid.>
>
>The judge noted that when the assessor valued the property at $26 million, the
>Trumps shrieked and howled and appealed, and successfully got the valuation
>marked down to $18 million. The *Trumps* said Mar-a-Dumpo was only worth $18
>million. The judge agreed with them.

You must not understand municipal property values vs actual values.
Guess you don't own actual property.

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<5vaghitmo076gbckvcm90htaouoo7rpvqa@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31744&group=alt.politics#31744

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:09:28 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:09 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:29:52 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

> | A New York judge's sweeping ruling on Tuesday punishing
> | Donald Trump for years of alleged business fraud could
> | force the former president to sell the New York real estate
> | empire he built over decades that helped catapult him to
> | fame, television stardom and the White House.
> | Among those properties are Fifth Avenue's Trump Tower, the
> | landmark where Trump maintained his personal residence for
> | years, filmed episodes of the "The Apprentice" and launched
> | his 2016 presidential campaign.
><https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/29/trump-tower-new-york-ruling-engoron-james/>
>
> --bks

This is judicial overreach that would have you howling if this was a
dem.

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf9a8i$hii$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31745&group=alt.politics#31745

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:10:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:10 UTC

Kremlin Girl <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>Thank you. What a town assess a proprerty value to be has nothing to
>do with its actual market value as they are typically reassessed every
>number of years.

Bullshit.

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf9ab8$hii$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31746&group=alt.politics#31746

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:11:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:11 UTC

Kremlin Girl <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>> | A New York judge's sweeping ruling on Tuesday punishing
>> | Donald Trump for years of alleged business fraud could
>> | force the former president to sell the New York real estate
>> | empire he built over decades that helped catapult him to
>> | fame, television stardom and the White House.
>> | Among those properties are Fifth Avenue's Trump Tower, the
>> | landmark where Trump maintained his personal residence for
>> | years, filmed episodes of the "The Apprentice" and launched
>> | his 2016 presidential campaign.
>
>This is judicial overreach ...

Wrong again, Russian troll.

--bks

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf9qcp$12p56$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31748&group=alt.politics#31748

From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:45:44 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:45 UTC

NoBody wrote:
> Thank you. What a town assess a proprerty value to be has nothing to
> do with its actual market value as they are typically reassessed every
> number of years. It's a value set to make sure they get a number for
> their tax rate. Oddly the judge didn't consult with actual real
> estate experts to determine its value. As I've already established
> the value is way off.

How often did Don Fatso change the declared value to cheat
property taxes?

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.O / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf9qh4$12p56$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31749&group=alt.politics#31749

From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:48:04 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:48 UTC

NoBody wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 07:28:26 -0700, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com>
> wrote:

>>> Your wish is my command. Here is the *only* place in the
>>> court document where "$18 million" is given:
>>> <ibid.>
>>
>> The judge noted that when the assessor valued the property at $26 million, the
>> Trumps shrieked and howled and appealed, and successfully got the valuation
>> marked down to $18 million. The *Trumps* said Mar-a-Dumpo was only worth $18
>> million. The judge agreed with them.
>
> You must not understand municipal property values vs actual values.
> Guess you don't own actual property.

Do you understand property taxes are based on assessed value?

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.O / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

Re: Trump Committed Fraud, Rules Judge

<uf9qir$12p56$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31750&group=alt.politics#31750

From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:48:59 -0700

NoBody wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:29:52 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
> Sherman) wrote:
>

>> | A New York judge's sweeping ruling on Tuesday punishing
>> | Donald Trump for years of alleged business fraud could
>> | force the former president to sell the New York real estate
>> | empire he built over decades that helped catapult him to
>> | fame, television stardom and the White House.
>> | Among those properties are Fifth Avenue's Trump Tower, the
>> | landmark where Trump maintained his personal residence for
>> | years, filmed episodes of the "The Apprentice" and launched
>> | his 2016 presidential campaign.
>> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/29/trump-tower-new-york-ruling-engoron-james/>
>>
>> --bks
>
> This is judicial overreach that would have you howling if this was a
> dem.

Start a go fund me for Don Thrumper to pay for the appeal.