A gleekzorp without a tornpee is like a quop without a fertsneet (sort of).

interests / rec.motorcycles.harley / Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment about Facebook

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment aboutSnag
`* Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment aboutBob La Londe
 +* Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment aboutFrank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous
 |`* Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment aboutBob La Londe
 | `- Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment aboutFrank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous
 `- Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment aboutFins BS221

1
Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment about Facebook

<tkkc5f$ltbl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=321&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#321

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment about
Facebook
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 20:31:10 -0600
 by: Snag - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 02:31 UTC

On 11/10/2022 3:38 PM, Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous wrote:
> Friend called Wednesday and said, "let's ride." We rode north this time,
> and ended up in Falls City, NE. Nice town. Ate and the "A and G"
> restaurant. Great locally owned place.
>
> https://restaurantguru.com/A-and-G-Steakhouse-Falls-City
>
> (Note in the review from the link above, that near the bottom of the
> page they list "frequently mentioned in the reviews." The first thing in
> the list is Jack Daniels.) <grin>
>
> We had a wind out of the south that was pretty brisk which wasn't bad on
> the way up there. On the way home it settled down and the skies got
> gray. Unusually high temps of mid-70s there and back. Damn humid,
> though! Sheesh! My jeans felt kinda damp after a short time riding. It
> was so humid that I set a mouse trap in my garage and caught a trout!
> <Old Johnny Carson joke>
>
> Got up early this AM...about 6:00...and washed the bike since it wqs
> supposed to start raining about 9:00 AM. I'd probably look pretty stupid
> washing a bike in the pouring rain. Got it ready for a potentially long
> stretch in the garage. The weather is suppose to turn to shit here
> tomorrow. I guess I may need to sit on the bike and make motor noises
> when I need a MC fix. <grin>
>

> I guess FaceFuck is having trouble. Losing money and employees. It would
> be fine with me if it'd disappear as long as all the netscum came back
> here. I'm as guilty as all the other folks that abandoned RMH, but I
> just followed the crowd over there. I'm gonna try to get in here more
> often if'n the bartender won't toss me out. I miss this place.
>
> Since I'm here now I might as well buy a round for the house.
>
> Andy aka Big Stinkie

The errant ones return ... some of us never left , and it's been a
bit lonely . But we've managed to keep the doors open for the day y'all
come back . Make mine Ezra Brooks 99 , and I'll get the next round .
Mama got her SS check yesterday ...
--
Snag
"You can lead a dummy to facts

Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment about Facebook

<tkm6jj$1s97$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=322&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#322

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Facebook
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 12:08:34 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:08 UTC

On 11/10/2022 7:31 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 11/10/2022 3:38 PM, Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous wrote:
>> Friend called Wednesday and said, "let's ride." We rode north this
>> time, and ended up in Falls City, NE. Nice town. Ate and the "A and G"
>> restaurant. Great locally owned place.
>>
>> https://restaurantguru.com/A-and-G-Steakhouse-Falls-City
>>
>> (Note in the review from the link above, that near the bottom of the
>> page they list "frequently mentioned in the reviews." The first thing
>> in the list is Jack Daniels.) <grin>
>>
>> We had a wind out of the south that was pretty brisk which wasn't bad
>> on the way up there. On the way home it settled down and the skies got
>> gray. Unusually high temps of mid-70s there and back. Damn humid,
>> though! Sheesh! My jeans felt kinda damp after a short time riding. It
>> was so humid that I set a mouse trap in my garage and caught a trout!
>> <Old Johnny Carson joke>
>>
>> Got up early this AM...about 6:00...and washed the bike since it wqs
>> supposed to start raining about 9:00 AM. I'd probably look pretty
>> stupid washing a bike in the pouring rain. Got it ready for a
>> potentially long stretch in the garage. The weather is suppose to turn
>> to shit here tomorrow. I guess I may need to sit on the bike and make
>> motor noises when I need a MC fix. <grin>
>>

>> I guess FaceFuck is having trouble. Losing money and employees. It
>> would be fine with me if it'd disappear as long as all the netscum
>> came back here. I'm as guilty as all the other folks that abandoned
>> RMH, but I just followed the crowd over there. I'm gonna try to get in
>> here more often if'n the bartender won't toss me out. I miss this place.
>>
>> Since I'm here now I might as well buy a round for the house.
>>
>> Andy aka Big Stinkie
>
>   The errant ones return ... some of us never left , and it's been a
> bit lonely . But we've managed to keep the doors open for the day y'all
> come back . Make mine Ezra Brooks 99 , and I'll get the next round .
> Mama got her SS check yesterday ...

I no longer even own a Harley, but I never left. Still get my HOG
patches in the mail with a new road atlas every year though. (life
member) I do like the updated maps. I keep one in every vehicle just
in case my cell phone dies or Google decides to screw with me like last
year going through Kentucky where they took me down the most obnoxiously
narrow twisties (would have been great on a bike IN DAYLIGHT) at O'dark
thirty in the AM. Even the cops didn't seem to want to go there.
Doesn't matter. Speed limit was higher than I wanted to drive in a
Jeep. LOL.

www.avg.com

Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment about Facebook

<tkofc0$1j7s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=323&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#323

From: frankthe...@earthlink.net (Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Facebook
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 09:51:02 -0600
 by: Frank Xzarhadjizamth - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:51 UTC

On 11/11/2022 1:08 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 11/10/2022 7:31 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 11/10/2022 3:38 PM, Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous wrote:
>>> Friend called Wednesday and said, "let's ride." We rode north this
>>> time, and ended up in Falls City, NE. Nice town. Ate and the "A and
>>> G" restaurant. Great locally owned place.
>>>
>>> https://restaurantguru.com/A-and-G-Steakhouse-Falls-City
>>>
>>> (Note in the review from the link above, that near the bottom of the
>>> page they list "frequently mentioned in the reviews." The first thing
>>> in the list is Jack Daniels.) <grin>
>>>
>>> We had a wind out of the south that was pretty brisk which wasn't bad
>>> on the way up there. On the way home it settled down and the skies
>>> got gray. Unusually high temps of mid-70s there and back. Damn humid,
>>> though! Sheesh! My jeans felt kinda damp after a short time riding.
>>> It was so humid that I set a mouse trap in my garage and caught a
>>> trout! <Old Johnny Carson joke>
>>>
>>> Got up early this AM...about 6:00...and washed the bike since it wqs
>>> supposed to start raining about 9:00 AM. I'd probably look pretty
>>> stupid washing a bike in the pouring rain. Got it ready for a
>>> potentially long stretch in the garage. The weather is suppose to
>>> turn to shit here tomorrow. I guess I may need to sit on the bike and
>>> make motor noises when I need a MC fix. <grin>
>>>

>>> I guess FaceFuck is having trouble. Losing money and employees. It
>>> would be fine with me if it'd disappear as long as all the netscum
>>> came back here. I'm as guilty as all the other folks that abandoned
>>> RMH, but I just followed the crowd over there. I'm gonna try to get
>>> in here more often if'n the bartender won't toss me out. I miss this
>>> place.
>>>
>>> Since I'm here now I might as well buy a round for the house.
>>>
>>> Andy aka Big Stinkie
>>
>>    The errant ones return ... some of us never left , and it's been a
>> bit lonely . But we've managed to keep the doors open for the day
>> y'all come back . Make mine Ezra Brooks 99 , and I'll get the next
>> round . Mama got her SS check yesterday ...
>

> I no longer even own a Harley, but I never left.  Still get my HOG
> patches in the mail with a new road atlas every year though.  (life
> member)  I do like the updated maps.  I keep one in every vehicle just
> in case my cell phone dies or Google decides to screw with me like last
> year going through Kentucky where they took me down the most obnoxiously
> narrow twisties (would have been great on a bike IN DAYLIGHT) at O'dark
> thirty in the AM.  Even the cops didn't seem to want to go there.
> Doesn't matter.  Speed limit was higher than I wanted to drive in a
> Jeep.  LOL.

Speaking of Google Maps, I saw a meme with a sign on a gate that went
into a field that read, "Go Back! Google Is Wrong!"

I, too, have a Jeep. When I got it, I called a buddy of mine who also
drives a Jeep. His is one of those that looks like a military vehicle or
sumpin', and he climbs up and down rocks and hills with it. Anyway, he
asked what kind of Jeep I bought, and I said, "Grand Cherokee." He
replied, "Oh...so it's not a REAL Jeep." His remark was all in fun, of
course.

I love the GC. It is a new-to-me 2018 we bought about a year and a half
ago. It has a lot of whistles and bells that took me a while to figure
out. One day I was in the garage working on the bike. Suddenly the Jeep
beeped twice, the lights flashed and the darn thing started up! Scared
the bejeezus outta me! I thought it must have been haunted like the'58
Plymouth in the movie, "Christine." That's when I discovered what the
odd little button with the "X2" on the fob was for. Remote start! <duh>
The fob was in my pocket and I musta bent over just right and pushed it
twice somehow. I guess I should RTFM.

Andy aka Big Stinkie

Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment about Facebook

<tldh4r$7pm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=324&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#324

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Facebook
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 08:29:31 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 15:29 UTC

On 11/12/2022 8:51 AM, Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous wrote:
> On 11/11/2022 1:08 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

>>>    The errant ones return ... some of us never left , and it's been a
>>> bit lonely . But we've managed to keep the doors open for the day
>>> y'all come back . Make mine Ezra Brooks 99 , and I'll get the next
>>> round . Mama got her SS check yesterday ...
>>

>> I no longer even own a Harley, but I never left.  Still get my HOG
>> patches in the mail with a new road atlas every year though.  (life
>> member)  I do like the updated maps.  I keep one in every vehicle just
>> in case my cell phone dies or Google decides to screw with me like
>> last year going through Kentucky where they took me down the most
>> obnoxiously narrow twisties (would have been great on a bike IN
>> DAYLIGHT) at O'dark thirty in the AM.  Even the cops didn't seem to
>> want to go there. Doesn't matter.  Speed limit was higher than I
>> wanted to drive in a Jeep.  LOL.
>
> Speaking of Google Maps, I saw a meme with a sign on a gate that went
> into a field that read, "Go Back! Google Is Wrong!"
>
> I, too, have a Jeep. When I got it, I called a buddy of mine who also
> drives a Jeep. His is one of those that looks like a military vehicle or
> sumpin', and he climbs up and down rocks and hills with it. Anyway, he
> asked what kind of Jeep I bought, and I said, "Grand Cherokee." He
> replied, "Oh...so it's not a REAL Jeep." His remark was all in fun, of
> course.
>
> I love the GC. It is a new-to-me 2018 we bought about a year and a half
> ago. It has a lot of whistles and bells that took me a while to figure
> out. One day I was in the garage working on the bike. Suddenly the Jeep
> beeped twice, the lights flashed and the darn thing started up! Scared
> the bejeezus outta me! I thought it must have been haunted like the'58
> Plymouth in the movie, "Christine." That's when I discovered what the
> odd little button with the "X2" on the fob was for. Remote start! <duh>
> The fob was in my pocket and I musta bent over just right and pushed it
> twice somehow. I guess I should RTFM.

Never saw Christine, but a buddy of mine when we were kids freaked out
about garage door headlights afterwards. Did that car have headlight
covers that lifted up?

www.avg.com

Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment about Facebook

<tlgf61$1n29$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=325&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#325

From: frankthe...@earthlink.net (Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Facebook
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 12:15:10 -0600
 by: Frank Xzarhadjizamth - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:15 UTC

On 11/20/2022 9:29 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 11/12/2022 8:51 AM, Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous wrote:

>>> I no longer even own a Harley, but I never left.  Still get my HOG
>>> patches in the mail with a new road atlas every year though.  (life
>>> member)  I do like the updated maps.  I keep one in every vehicle
>>> just in case my cell phone dies or Google decides to screw with me
>>> like last year going through Kentucky where they took me down the
>>> most obnoxiously narrow twisties (would have been great on a bike IN
>>> DAYLIGHT) at O'dark thirty in the AM.  Even the cops didn't seem to
>>> want to go there. Doesn't matter.  Speed limit was higher than I
>>> wanted to drive in a Jeep.  LOL.
>>
>> Speaking of Google Maps, I saw a meme with a sign on a gate that went
>> into a field that read, "Go Back! Google Is Wrong!"
>>
>> I, too, have a Jeep. When I got it, I called a buddy of mine who also
>> drives a Jeep. His is one of those that looks like a military vehicle
>> or sumpin', and he climbs up and down rocks and hills with it. Anyway,
>> he asked what kind of Jeep I bought, and I said, "Grand Cherokee." He
>> replied, "Oh...so it's not a REAL Jeep." His remark was all in fun, of
>> course.
>>
>> I love the GC. It is a new-to-me 2018 we bought about a year and a
>> half ago. It has a lot of whistles and bells that took me a while to
>> figure out. One day I was in the garage working on the bike. Suddenly
>> the Jeep beeped twice, the lights flashed and the darn thing started
>> up! Scared the bejeezus outta me! I thought it must have been haunted
>> like the'58 Plymouth in the movie, "Christine." That's when I
>> discovered what the odd little button with the "X2" on the fob was
>> for. Remote start! <duh> The fob was in my pocket and I musta bent
>> over just right and pushed it twice somehow. I guess I should RTFM.
>>

> Never saw Christine, but a buddy of mine when we were kids freaked out
> about garage door headlights afterwards.  Did that car have headlight
> covers that lifted up?

No headlights that lifted up, but that would make it twice as creepy!

Clip of Christine, a 1958 Plymouth that is haunted, fixing herself after
vandals got down with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezKQEF0deY

Re: Probably the last decent ride this season...and a comment about Facebook

<tlil8m$o6p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=326&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#326

From: fin...@bs221.com (Fins BS221)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Facebook
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 06:10:30 -0800
 by: Fins BS221 - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 14:10 UTC

On 11/11/2022 11:08, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Still get my HOG patches in the mail with a new road atlas every year
> though.

They've stropped sending the atlas, I only get the pin and patch now.

Dennis
BS221 AH135