Newsgroups: alt.radio.talk,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Fuck the United Nations
From: dai...@mailer.dailywire.com (Ben Shapir)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 15:33:09 -0400
 by: Ben Shapir - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 19:33 UTC

Yesterday, the Secretary General of the United Nations, Ant�nio Guterres,
took to the floor of the United Nations to blame Israel for the murder of
1,500 of its own citizens and the kidnapping of another 200. He intoned:

Nothing can justify the deliberate killing, injuring and kidnapping
of civilians � or the launching of rockets against civilian targets.
All hostages must be treated humanely and released immediately and
without conditions. I respectfully note the presence among us of
members of their families. Excellencies, it is important to also
recognize the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum. The
Palestinian people have been subjected to 56 years of suffocating
occupation.

This is, simply put, Jew-hatred. It is an apology for terrorism. It ignores
reality � the vast majority of Palestinians live under direct Palestinian
rule, whether Hamas in the Gaza Strip or the Palestinian Authority in the
West Bank. But worse than that, it reverses reality: It lays the blame for a
genocidal mass slaughter of Jews, on the Jews.

Contextualizing mass murder is par for the course for the evil organization
that is the United Nations.

Guterres didn�t stop there. He blamed Hamas� perversities on settlements �
meaning Jews building homes in the heartland of biblical Israel, Judea, and
Samaria. Clearly, this somehow contextualizes mass rape and burning of
babies.

He then drew equivalence between Hamas� Holocaust atrocities and Israeli
military retaliation directed at terrorist targets:

Excellencies, Even war has rules. � The relentless bombardment of Gaza
by Israeli forces, the level of civilian casualties, and the wholesale
destruction of neighborhoods continue to mount and are deeply alarming.
� Protecting civilians can never mean using them as human shields.
Protecting civilians does not mean ordering more than one million people
to evacuate to the south, where there is no shelter, no food, no water,
no medicine and no fuel, and then continuing to bomb the south itself.
I am deeply concerned about the clear violations of international
humanitarian law that we are witnessing in Gaza.

Yes, this is the supposed head of the international community likening
military operations to terrorist ones, all in the name of international law
and human rights. Disgusting.

And that�s the point. If Guterres and the international community can somehow
equate Israel with its terrorist enemies, they can achieve their goal: the
survival of Hamas. Which is precisely what Guterres called for:

To ease epic suffering, make the delivery of aid easier and safer, and
facilitate the release of hostages, I reiterate my appeal for an
immediate humanitarian ceasefire. � Even in this moment of grave and
immediate danger, we cannot lose sight of the only realistic foundation
for a true peace and stability: a two-State solution.

A two-state solution? With whom, pray tell? Hamas? The terror-supporting
Palestinian Authority? Islamic Jihad?

It doesn�t matter. The end goal is clear: Stop Israel from defending itself.
Perpetuate the so-called �cycle of violence.�

Make it harder for Israel to survive. Continue the UN�s mission to destroy
the Jewish state.

The United Nations is a garbage heap of epic proportions. It�s not merely a
useless organization that costs the United States over $12 billion per year,
but it�s also an epic failure of an organization that provides cover for the
world�s worst human rights abusers � and actively foments Jew-hatred and
terrorism in the Middle East.

The United Nations General Assembly is dominated by nations that hate Israel
and care little for human rights. That is why from 2015 to 2022, the UN
General Assembly adopted 140 resolutions directed against Israel. It adopted
one against North Korea, one against Afghanistan, zero against Venezuela,
zero against Hamas, and zero against China. In fact, the rest of the world
combined only merited 68 resolutions of condemnation.

The UN�s particular hatred for Israel has been a long-running theme.

That makes sense: Some 56 member nations are also members of the so-called
Organization of Islamic Cooperation. But that means, the UN has served as the
propaganda arm for Jew-haters all over the globe for decades. In 1975, at the
behest of the Soviet Union, the United Nations General Assembly passed a
resolution declaring Zionism � the political movement for a Jewish homeland �
�racism,� prompting the U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Daniel Patrick Moynihan,
to declare that the UN had made anti-Semitism international law, and adding,
�A great evil has been loosed upon the world.�

Nothing in the nature of the UN has changed since.

The United Nations happens to have an entire department dedicated to the
forwarding of anti-Israel propaganda and terrorism. The United Nations Relief
and Works Agency (UNRWA) was founded in December 1949 with the purpose of
dealing with refugees from the 1948 Israeli War of Independence � the Arab
refugees, that is. The 800,000 Jews expelled from Arab and Muslim lands in
the same time period were simply taken in by Israel. The UNRWA is, in fact,
the only agency dedicated to one specific population. And it has helped keep
that population in refugee camps for over 70 years.

The UNRWA is almost entirely staffed by Palestinian Arabs. It is a globally
sponsored welfare organization, with 23,000 Palestinian Arab employees and
just 100 UN professionals from elsewhere. The UNRWA has never condemned
Hamas� agenda; it routinely hires members of Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

One of the UNRWA�s chief tasks is running dozens of Palestinian schools. The
UNRWA, as you might predict, then helps indoctrinate Palestinian Arab
schoolchildren in Jew-hatred. According to a March report from United Nations
Watch, the UNRWA has overseen the broad indoctrination of Palestinian youths
into such toxic and vile anti-Semitism. That report names 47 cases of
incitement to violence by UNRWA staff; 133 UNRWA educators and staff who
promote hate and violence on social media; and another 82 educators and staff
involved in 30 UNRWA schools who create and distribute Jew-hating content to
students.

For example, one reading comprehension exercise for ninth-graders at Al-
Maghazi Middle School for Boys in the Gaza Strip celebrated the burning of a
Jewish bus as a �barbecue party.� Fifth-graders at the same school were
taught that martyrdom and jihad are �the most important meanings of life.�

This sort of stuff isn�t uncommon by any stretch of the imagination in
Palestinian schools run by the UNRWA. That�s why Ismail Haniyeh, Hamas�
political leader, is a UNRWA graduate. So is Abdel Aziz al-Rantisi, former
Hamas chief. So is Ibrahim Maqadama, the mastermind behind Hamas� military
structure.

Neither are UNRWA resources dedicated to helping terrorist groups directly.
UNRWA vehicles have been used to transport terrorists and weapons � and that
includes ambulances. UNRWA schools have been used by Hamas to store weapons.
The UNRWA also helps promote Hamas front groups, including the Palestinian
Return Center.

The UNRWA has been used by Hamas to cover its tunnels. Last November, the
UNRWA protested the �man-made cavity� on the grounds of a UNRWA school,
calling it a �serious violation of the Agency�s neutrality.� The statement,
naturally, made no mention of Hamas. In 2021, Hamas prevented entry to an
investigative team from the UN to a shaft built under a UNRWA school.

For all these reasons, the Trump administration cut off contributions from
the U.S. to the UNRWA. Then President Biden, in all his wisdom, restored
hundreds of millions of dollars in funding � much of which, undoubtedly, went
to Hamas. Over the course of two years, the administration gave the UNRWA
some $700 million.

This is why, back in February, Rep. Chip Roy of Texas called for the
defunding of the UNRWA, noting, �UNRWA�s lengthy and detailed history of
promoting anti-Semitism, violence, and terrorism through �educational�
materials, and its continued ties to Hamas, should completely disqualify this
corrupt entity from receiving any U.S. taxpayer funding.�

It didn�t happen.

And so it shouldn�t be surprising that, after the October 7 massacre, many
employees of the UNRWA went online to celebrate the mass Jew-murder.

The United Nations has never fulfilled its core mandate. The purpose of the
UN was expressed in its Charter:

� to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice
in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and to reaffirm
faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the
human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large
and small, and to establish conditions under which justice and respect
for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of
international law can be maintained, and to promote social progress and
better standards of life in larger freedom.

The United Nations was established, primarily by the United States, in the
aftermath of World War II, in an attempt at creating a family of nations. It
has been a disaster area ever since, serving more as a propaganda tool on
behalf of third-world autocracies than the institution for defense of
democracy that served as its initial mission.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Fuck the United Nations

<AnU%M.165082$sxoa.23673@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32390&group=alt.politics#32390

Subject: Re: Fuck the United Nations
Newsgroups: alt.radio.talk,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (Klaus Schadenfreude)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 13:30:24 -0700
 by: Klaus Schadenfreude - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 20:30 UTC

On 10/30/2023 12:33 PM, Ben Shapiro wrote:
> Yesterday, the Secretary General of the United Nations, António Guterres,
> took to the floor of the United Nations to blame Israel for the murder of
> 1,500 of its own citizens and the kidnapping of another 200. He intoned:
>
> Nothing can justify the deliberate killing, injuring and kidnapping
> of civilians — or the launching of rockets against civilian targets.
> All hostages must be treated humanely and released immediately and
> without conditions. I respectfully note the presence among us of
> members of their families. Excellencies, it is important to also
> recognize the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum. The
> Palestinian people have been subjected to 56 years of suffocating
> occupation.
>
> This is, simply put, Jew-hatred.

Bullshit.