Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 08:58:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Throw the bum out. Next bum please.] Thanks to Trump, we have an
epidemic of unqualified candidates
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 15:58 UTC

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-07-08/election-trump-andrew-giuliani-unqualified

"One of the most damaging legacies of the Trump presidency may be that it persuaded people with absolutely no qualifications that they could and should run for public office — and that at least some of the time, Americans might be foolish enough to vote for them.

After all, that was the clear takeaway from Donald Trump’s 2016 victory, wasn’t it? That you don’t need to be smart or experienced or level-headed or decent to win an election. You don’t need a rationale or a plan. You just need money, chutzpah and too much personality. Name recognition — positive or negative — doesn’t hurt either.

Trump was the first president in U.S. history to be elected with no political or military experience, and we’re now reaping the whirlwind: Former decathlete and Wheaties spokesperson Caitlyn Jenner is running for governor of California in a recall election. Previously unknown businessman Andrew Yang, having failed to become president or mayor of New York City, is warning that he still hopes to contribute to public life. Matthew McConaughey — yes, the actor — is polling surprisingly well as he mulls a run for for governor of Texas. Lara Trump, wife of Eric, seriously considered running for U.S. Senate in North Carolina but just announced she has ruled it out “for now.”"

Well, actors like Ronald Reagan, Clinton Eastwood, and Arnold Schwarzenegger performed well as president, governors, and city mayor. And of course, Pro Wrestler Jesse Venture.

But then governing America is many not as difficult as one might imagine while the US is the wealthier and militarily the strongest nation of the world.

Re: [Throw the bum out. Next bum please.] Thanks to Trump, we have an epidemic of unqualified candidates

<429c353c-4900-43dd-a9e0-bedd889a3e3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3254&group=soc.culture.china#3254

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 09:09:07 -0700 (PDT)
epidemic of unqualified candidates
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 16:09 UTC

On Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 8:58:35 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-07-08/election-trump-andrew-giuliani-unqualified
>
> "One of the most damaging legacies of the Trump presidency may be that it persuaded people with absolutely no qualifications that they could and should run for public office — and that at least some of the time, Americans might be foolish enough to vote for them.
>
> After all, that was the clear takeaway from Donald Trump’s 2016 victory, wasn’t it? That you don’t need to be smart or experienced or level-headed or decent to win an election. You don’t need a rationale or a plan. You just need money, chutzpah and too much personality. Name recognition — positive or negative — doesn’t hurt either.
>
> Trump was the first president in U.S. history to be elected with no political or military experience, and we’re now reaping the whirlwind: Former decathlete and Wheaties spokesperson Caitlyn Jenner is running for governor of California in a recall election. Previously unknown businessman Andrew Yang, having failed to become president or mayor of New York City, is warning that he still hopes to contribute to public life. Matthew McConaughey — yes, the actor — is polling surprisingly well as he mulls a run for for governor of Texas. Lara Trump, wife of Eric, seriously considered running for U.S. Senate in North Carolina but just announced she has ruled it out “for now.”"
>
> Well, actors like Ronald Reagan, Clinton Eastwood, and Arnold Schwarzenegger performed well as president, governors, and city mayor. And of course, Pro Wrestler Jesse Venture.
>
> But then governing America is many not as difficult as one might imagine while the US is the wealthier and militarily the strongest nation of the world.

The US is the wealthier???
and militarily the strongest nation of the world???

of course, by America's own definition!!!!
Even with many allies, can't win wars!!! but kills and destroys to their heart's contend...
and the common people suffer all over the world...

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: [Throw the bum out. Next bum please.] Thanks to Trump, we have an epidemic of unqualified candidates