From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: The Last Great President
Date: 9 Nov 2023 01:01:20 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 01:01 UTC

19 July 1979:
| The CO2 problem is one of the most important contemporary
| environmental problems, is a direct product of
| industrialization, threatens the stability of climates
| worldwide and therefore the stability of all nations.
<https://static01.nyt.com/packages/pdf/science/woodwellreport.pdf>

--bks

Re: The Last Great President

<uihkif$21f65$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32614&group=alt.politics#32614

From: elo...@protonmail.com (Ikon)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: The Last Great President
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 03:44:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ikon - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 03:44 UTC

>19 July 1979:
> | The CO2 problem is one of the most important contemporary
> | environmental problems, is a direct product of
> | industrialization, threatens the stability of climates
> | worldwide and therefore the stability of all nations.
><https://static01.nyt.com/packages/pdf/science/woodwellreport.pdf>
>
> --bks

Pete Buttigieg, the US transport secretary and a military veteran, has
criticized Donald Trump after a report that he sought to bar a severely
wounded veteran from public appearances during his presidency.

In an interview with the Atlantic, Mark Milley, the chairman of the joint
chiefs of staff, said Trump had been irritated after Luis Avila � who lost
a leg and suffered brain damage after an IED attack in Afghanistan � sang
at Milley�s 2019 welcome ceremony.
A young white woman with straight, dark brown hair, wearing a white blazer
and black shirt, with her right hand raised and appearing to speak. A man
with a video camera is visible behind her. She is brightly lit, in a high-
ceilinged room with columns in the walls.
Cassidy Hutchinson left DC amid �security concerns� after January 6
hearings
Read more

�Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the
wounded,� Milley said Trump told him after the ceremony.

Milley told the Atlantic that Trump said Avila should never appear in
public again.

On Sunday, Buttigieg � who was a lieutenant in the US navy reserve and
served a tour of duty in Afghanistan in 2014 � told CNN that Trump�s
alleged order was �just the latest in a pattern of outrageous attacks [by
Trump] on people who keep this country safe�.

Military members wounded in combat, Buttigieg said, �deserve respect and a
hell of a lot more than that from every American, and definitely from
every American president�.

Buttigieg also said: �The idea that an American president, the person to
whom service members look as a commander in chief, the person who sets the
tone for this entire country, could think that way or act that way or talk
that way about anyone in uniform, and certainly about those who put their
bodies on the line and sacrificed in ways that most Americans will never
understand � I guess wounded veterans make president Trump feel
uncomfortable.�

Trump has previously attacked members of the military. In 2020, the
Atlantic reported that Trump had said the Aisne-Marne American cemetery �
where more than 2,000 American military members who died in France are
buried � was �filled with suckers�.

The Atlantic reported that Trump had also said the more than 1,800 marines
who died at Belleau Wood, the site of a key battle in the first world war,
were �suckers� for getting killed.
skip past newsletter promotion

Sign up to First Thing
Free daily newsletter

Our US morning briefing breaks down the key stories of the day, telling
you what�s happening and why it matters
Privacy Notice: Newsletters may contain info about charities, online ads,
and content funded by outside parties. For more information see our
Privacy Policy. We use Google reCaptcha to protect our website and the
Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

after newsletter promotion

Trump denied the report, but in 2015 he referred to John McCain, the late
US senator and navy veteran who spent nearly six years in a Vietnamese
prisoner-of-war camp, as a �loser�.

Trump added: �He�s not a war hero. He�s a war hero because he was
captured. I like people that weren�t captured.�

� There is a good reason why people choose not to

Re: The Last Great President

<NNY2N.3$ayBd.0@fx07.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32615&group=alt.politics#32615

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: "because...@gmail.com (nickname unavailable)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 19:58:36 -0800
 by: nickname unavailable - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 03:58 UTC

On 11/8/2023 5:01 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> [bullshit]

Carter was not a great president. He wasn't even a good president. Decent
person, bad president.

Re: The Last Great President

<29jpki9m476k9b05jgt9iksf8hj3ju332s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32620&group=alt.politics#32620

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 07:14:56 -0500
 by: NoBody - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 12:14 UTC

On 9 Nov 2023 01:01:20 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
wrote:

>19 July 1979:
> | The CO2 problem is one of the most important contemporary
> | environmental problems, is a direct product of
> | industrialization, threatens the stability of climates
> | worldwide and therefore the stability of all nations.
><https://static01.nyt.com/packages/pdf/science/woodwellreport.pdf>
>
> --bks

Comedy hour. At least Carter has been surpassed as the worst
President by Biden.

Re: The Last Great President

<uiim3a$47p$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32622&group=alt.politics#32622

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 13:16:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 13:16 UTC

>>19 July 1979:
>> | The CO2 problem is one of the most important contemporary
>> | environmental problems, is a direct product of
>> | industrialization, threatens the stability of climates
>> | worldwide and therefore the stability of all nations.
>><https://static01.nyt.com/packages/pdf/science/woodwellreport.pdf>

Today:

| Earth caps off its hottest 12-month period on record,
| report finds
<https://abcnews.go.com/US/record-breaking-temperatures-october-earth-caps-off-hottest/story?id=104720117>

--bks

Re: The Last Great President

<uij8f3$2ag3h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32628&group=alt.politics#32628

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 18:29:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 18:29 UTC

On 2023-11-09, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On 9 Nov 2023 01:01:20 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
> wrote:
>
>>19 July 1979:
>> | The CO2 problem is one of the most important contemporary
>> | environmental problems, is a direct product of
>> | industrialization, threatens the stability of climates
>> | worldwide and therefore the stability of all nations.
>><https://static01.nyt.com/packages/pdf/science/woodwellreport.pdf>
>>
>> --bks
>
> Comedy hour. At least Carter has been surpassed as the worst
> President by Biden.

Jimmy Carter wakes up each morning and thanks his God for Joe Biden.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.