From: campb...@neotext.ca (Dhu on Gate)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: Re: One of The Main Problems With The Hypothesized Greenhouse Effect
Is...
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 01:19:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dhu on Gate - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 01:19 UTC

On Fri, 10 Nov 2023 11:14:20 -0600, Unum wrote:

> On 11/10/2023 10:23 AM, Alan wrote:
>> On 2023-11-10 06:19, AlleyCat wrote:
>>>
>>> One of the main problems with the hypothesized greenhouse effect is that it
>>> *violates the laws of thermodynamics*!
>>>
>>> The debate on this has raged endlessly, yet it is actually *rather simple to
>>> grasp*.
>>
>> Yet nothing you've provided even attempt to provide an explanation, Pussey.
>>
>> Weird, huh?
>>
>> (And please note, just this once I've left all your irrelevant bullshit in the
>> post, so that people can judge for themselves if my statement is correct or not.)
>
> All of ratboy's crap has been debunked over and over.
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/12/03/fact-check-laws-thermodynamics-support-climate-change-theory/8796217002/
>
> "The Facebook post, which garnered dozens of shares in a month, misrepresents
> climate change science in multiple ways. Climate theory is compatible with the
> laws of thermodynamics, according to experts. Further, climate change
> scientists do not claim that carbon dioxide generates heat.
>
> The existence of climate change driven by human greenhouse gas emissions,
> including CO2, is supported by multiple lines of evidence."

Climate change has happened before. What's different now is the toxic wastes
on top of it that our biology has no experience with. And therein lies the
danger. CO2 driven (anthropogenic) climate change is a more of a threat to
humans than the biology of the planet. Toxic waste or DNA mods to basic
eukaryotic mechanisms are more likely to end us all than Chinese or Indian
coal burning, which is likely gonna happen regardless. There's also always
the (eventual) certainty of giant rocks from space (Alah's Fist is underwater
today).

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton a Campbell