From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: yosemite and diot government
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 16:28:50 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:3Z9QNd7CMZHjf83UGokpcy4c584=
 by: Bill - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 16:28 UTC

Spent the few days in Yosemite.valley. They took out a lot of the
parking, when they went to shuttles in the valley. Shuttles have not run
in 2021. But still closed parking lots, and roads. We camped in the Upper
Pines campground. 3 nights opened up. Campground guy said, almost
all,reserved, and because of the weather a,few,cancellations. BS! Most of
the campground was empty. Not that big a percentage are canceling.
Valley was nice. Weather except for yesterday was nice. Rain all day. We
did do a 2 mile+ round trip hike to Mirror Lake. Not much lake anymore.
Thinking back when I was a 9-10 year old, the park was way more open. Much
better visuals. The Indians pulled all the young pine trees and burned
off the valley each fall when they left. They relied on acorns, so wanted
oak trees and not pine trees growing. Now hard to see a lot of the cliffs
from a lot of the area, because of the pine trees.

Re: yosemite and diot government

<p8pqog9llqqci63trcfritulm5ukh0985q@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3274&group=rec.boats#3274

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Re: yosemite and diot government
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 13:54:51 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 18:54 UTC

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 16:28:50 -0000 (UTC), Bill
<califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

>Spent the few days in Yosemite.valley. They took out a lot of the
>parking, when they went to shuttles in the valley. Shuttles have not run
>in 2021. But still closed parking lots, and roads. We camped in the Upper
>Pines campground. 3 nights opened up. Campground guy said, almost
>all,reserved, and because of the weather a,few,cancellations. BS! Most of
>the campground was empty. Not that big a percentage are canceling.
>Valley was nice. Weather except for yesterday was nice. Rain all day. We
>did do a 2 mile+ round trip hike to Mirror Lake. Not much lake anymore.
>Thinking back when I was a 9-10 year old, the park was way more open. Much
>better visuals. The Indians pulled all the young pine trees and burned
>off the valley each fall when they left. They relied on acorns, so wanted
>oak trees and not pine trees growing. Now hard to see a lot of the cliffs
>from a lot of the area, because of the pine trees.

Yosemite is one of those parks we loved to death. I don't care if I
ever see it again.
Same with most of Yellowstone (the parts that are easy to drive to).
We hiked around the South East part of the park and it was nice,
coming through a seldom used gate on the south side. We drove in on
the North side, turned around and drove out.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/montana/Paradise%20Valley/Yellowstone%20gate.jpg
I could go to Orlando if I just wanted to be stuck in traffic.

Re: yosemite and diot government

<smkmmu$jef$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3275&group=rec.boats#3275

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 03:23:10 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:F1aThVQU9xcRcx50gRwD5mOJdIE=
 by: Bill - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 03:23 UTC

<gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 16:28:50 -0000 (UTC), Bill
> <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Spent the few days in Yosemite.valley. They took out a lot of the
>> parking, when they went to shuttles in the valley. Shuttles have not run
>> in 2021. But still closed parking lots, and roads. We camped in the Upper
>> Pines campground. 3 nights opened up. Campground guy said, almost
>> all,reserved, and because of the weather a,few,cancellations. BS! Most of
>> the campground was empty. Not that big a percentage are canceling.
>> Valley was nice. Weather except for yesterday was nice. Rain all day. We
>> did do a 2 mile+ round trip hike to Mirror Lake. Not much lake anymore.
>> Thinking back when I was a 9-10 year old, the park was way more open. Much
>> better visuals. The Indians pulled all the young pine trees and burned
>> off the valley each fall when they left. They relied on acorns, so wanted
>> oak trees and not pine trees growing. Now hard to see a lot of the cliffs
>> from a lot of the area, because of the pine trees.
>>

> Yosemite is one of those parks we loved to death. I don't care if I
> ever see it again.
> Same with most of Yellowstone (the parts that are easy to drive to).
> We hiked around the South East part of the park and it was nice,
> coming through a seldom used gate on the south side. We drove in on
> the North side, turned around and drove out.
> http://gfretwell.com/ftp/montana/Paradise%20Valley/Yellowstone%20gate.jpg
> I could go to Orlando if I just wanted to be stuck in traffic.

You have to pick your times. Spring and summer in Yosemite is bad. We had
friends in from Houston a couple years ago. Spring time, and lots of
runoff, so the falls and river were almost out of control. No parking,
shuttle over crowed and shuttle could hardly move.

Re: yosemite and diot government

<5p0sog1l4u0f9dd2pi4pprr85j5mrortgj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3276&group=rec.boats#3276

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 01:13:40 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 06:13 UTC

On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 03:23:10 -0000 (UTC), Bill
<califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

><gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 16:28:50 -0000 (UTC), Bill
>> <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Spent the few days in Yosemite.valley. They took out a lot of the
>>> parking, when they went to shuttles in the valley. Shuttles have not run
>>> in 2021. But still closed parking lots, and roads. We camped in the Upper
>>> Pines campground. 3 nights opened up. Campground guy said, almost
>>> all,reserved, and because of the weather a,few,cancellations. BS! Most of
>>> the campground was empty. Not that big a percentage are canceling.
>>> Valley was nice. Weather except for yesterday was nice. Rain all day. We
>>> did do a 2 mile+ round trip hike to Mirror Lake. Not much lake anymore.
>>> Thinking back when I was a 9-10 year old, the park was way more open. Much
>>> better visuals. The Indians pulled all the young pine trees and burned
>>> off the valley each fall when they left. They relied on acorns, so wanted
>>> oak trees and not pine trees growing. Now hard to see a lot of the cliffs
>>> from a lot of the area, because of the pine trees.
>>>

>> Yosemite is one of those parks we loved to death. I don't care if I
>> ever see it again.
>> Same with most of Yellowstone (the parts that are easy to drive to).
>> We hiked around the South East part of the park and it was nice,
>> coming through a seldom used gate on the south side. We drove in on
>> the North side, turned around and drove out.
>> http://gfretwell.com/ftp/montana/Paradise%20Valley/Yellowstone%20gate.jpg
>> I could go to Orlando if I just wanted to be stuck in traffic.
>>

>You have to pick your times. Spring and summer in Yosemite is bad. We had
>friends in from Houston a couple years ago. Spring time, and lots of
>runoff, so the falls and river were almost out of control. No parking,
>shuttle over crowed and shuttle could hardly move.

We were there in June and that big wonderful waterfall everyone talks
about looked like a little boy pissing off a bridge. The bottom of
that valley looked like there was construction on the freeway and they
had an accident. If I knew how bad it would be I would have bypassed
the whole mess. We were on our way up the state (Sequoia to Mammoth
via Fresno) and thought that might be a nice side trip. It wasn't
really in our plans.

Re: yosemite and diot government

<vag8pgp050bau5bjbttcm6gfnvdjnd0dn6@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3296&group=rec.boats#3296

From: rob...@mr_robot.com (Mr Robot)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 15:40:38 -0800
 by: Mr Robot - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 23:40 UTC

On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 01:13:40 -0500, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 03:23:10 -0000 (UTC), Bill
><califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>><gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:

>>> Yosemite is one of those parks we loved to death. I don't care if I
>>> ever see it again.
>>> Same with most of Yellowstone (the parts that are easy to drive to).
>>> We hiked around the South East part of the park and it was nice,
>>> coming through a seldom used gate on the south side. We drove in on
>>> the North side, turned around and drove out.
>>> http://gfretwell.com/ftp/montana/Paradise%20Valley/Yellowstone%20gate.jpg
>>> I could go to Orlando if I just wanted to be stuck in traffic.
>>>

>>You have to pick your times. Spring and summer in Yosemite is bad. We had
>>friends in from Houston a couple years ago. Spring time, and lots of
>>runoff, so the falls and river were almost out of control. No parking,
>>shuttle over crowed and shuttle could hardly move.
>
>We were there in June and that big wonderful waterfall everyone talks
>about looked like a little boy pissing off a bridge. The bottom of
>that valley looked like there was construction on the freeway and they
>had an accident. If I knew how bad it would be I would have bypassed
>the whole mess. We were on our way up the state (Sequoia to Mammoth
>via Fresno) and thought that might be a nice side trip. It wasn't
>really in our plans.

Oh shut up pussy boy. What a fucking snowflake...