Don't put too fine a point to your wit for fear it should get blunted. -- Miguel de Cervantes

interests / alt.politics / Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

SubjectAuthor
* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBradley K. Sherman
`* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBradley K. Sherman
 +* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterNoBody
 |+- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterNoBody
 |+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterGronk
 ||+- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterMr. B1ack
 ||`* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterGovernor Swill
 || `- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBradley K. Sherman
 |`- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meternickname unavailable
 `- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-metersuper70s

1
Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<uhesv1$hgq$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32287&group=alt.politics#32287

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter
Date: 26 Oct 2023 23:32:49 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 23:32 UTC

>> | Audience cheers after "Moms for Liberty" co-founder Tiffany
>> | Justice noted that a member had quoted Hitler in a
>> | newsletter. "I stand with that mom," she bragged to
>> | applause. ...

| A Moms for Liberty chair who previously fought a library
| for having an adaption of Anne Frank's diary recently
| promoted her organization on an antisemitic network that
| warns viewers about "seditious Jews," "Jewish tyrants," and
| how Jewish people "have forsaken God." She clearly had a
| positive effect on network leader Rick Wiles, who told her
| that he wants to "do everything I can to help you" and said
| that Moms for Liberty is doing "great work."
<https://www.mediamatters.org/moms-liberty/moms-liberty-chair-who-pushed-removal-anne-frank-book-went-network-attacks-seditious>

--bks

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<uift8o$kfm$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32597&group=alt.politics#32597

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 12:00:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 12:00 UTC

> | A Moms for Liberty chair who previously fought a library
> | for having an adaption of Anne Frank's diary recently
> | promoted her organization on an antisemitic network that
> | warns viewers about "seditious Jews," "Jewish tyrants," and
> | how Jewish people "have forsaken God." She clearly had a
> | positive effect on network leader Rick Wiles, who told her
> | that he wants to "do everything I can to help you" and said
> | that Moms for Liberty is doing "great work."

| Members of the right-wing group Moms for Liberty called the
| police on a pair of school librarians over a young adult
| bestselling book that they claimed included "pornography".
| The book's author, Jennifer Armentrout, told Popular
| Information she was "stunned" by the incident, adding that
| she was shocked to learn that the country is still "living
| in an era where, apparently, some adults find it
| appropriate to contact the police over a fictional book
| involving gargoyles."
<https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moms-for-liberty-library-book-police-call-b2443256.html>

--bks

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<2oipkil13iv35uddcr93f6pnv3dt5spq71@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32619&group=alt.politics#32619

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 07:06:33 -0500
 by: NoBody - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 12:06 UTC

On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 12:00:24 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>> | A Moms for Liberty chair who previously fought a library
>> | for having an adaption of Anne Frank's diary recently
>> | promoted her organization on an antisemitic network that
>> | warns viewers about "seditious Jews," "Jewish tyrants," and
>> | how Jewish people "have forsaken God." She clearly had a
>> | positive effect on network leader Rick Wiles, who told her
>> | that he wants to "do everything I can to help you" and said
>> | that Moms for Liberty is doing "great work."
>

> | Members of the right-wing group Moms for Liberty called the
> | police on a pair of school librarians over a young adult
> | bestselling book that they claimed included "pornography".
> | The book's author, Jennifer Armentrout, told Popular
> | Information she was "stunned" by the incident, adding that
> | she was shocked to learn that the country is still "living
> | in an era where, apparently, some adults find it
> | appropriate to contact the police over a fictional book
> | involving gargoyles."
><https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moms-for-liberty-library-book-police-call-b2443256.html>
>
> --bks

Long on claims, short on proof and they actually mention the left wing
SPLC. In short, it's to be taken as seriously as you. In other
words, it's complete nonsense.

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<157skih6viidl1gtfeq9qusm9dt4jnbima@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32635&group=alt.politics#32635

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 07:06:10 -0500
 by: NoBody - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:06 UTC

On Thu, 09 Nov 2023 07:06:33 -0500, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>> | Members of the right-wing group Moms for Liberty called the
>> | police on a pair of school librarians over a young adult
>> | bestselling book that they claimed included "pornography".
>> | The book's author, Jennifer Armentrout, told Popular
>> | Information she was "stunned" by the incident, adding that
>> | she was shocked to learn that the country is still "living
>> | in an era where, apparently, some adults find it
>> | appropriate to contact the police over a fictional book
>> | involving gargoyles."
>><https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moms-for-liberty-library-book-police-call-b2443256.html>
>>
>> --bks
>
>Long on claims, short on proof and they actually mention the left wing
>SPLC. In short, it's to be taken as seriously as you. In other
>words, it's complete nonsense.

And Bradley runs away.

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<uil76m$2qo0o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32636&group=alt.politics#32636

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.politics, talk.politics.misc
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:20:38 -0600
 by: super70s - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:20 UTC

> | Members of the right-wing group Moms for Liberty

Got their Orwellian-named asses kicked in a bunch of school board
elections a few days ago.

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<uj1lq5$1kngq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32702&group=alt.politics#32702

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Gronk)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 22:43:30 -0700
 by: Gronk - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 05:43 UTC

NoBody wrote:

>> | Members of the right-wing group Moms for Liberty called the
>> | police on a pair of school librarians over a young adult
>> | bestselling book that they claimed included "pornography".
>> | The book's author, Jennifer Armentrout, told Popular
>> | Information she was "stunned" by the incident, adding that
>> | she was shocked to learn that the country is still "living
>> | in an era where, apparently, some adults find it
>> | appropriate to contact the police over a fictional book
>> | involving gargoyles."
>> <https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moms-for-liberty-library-book-police-call-b2443256.html>
>>
>> --bks
>
> Long on claims, short on proof and they actually mention the left wing
> SPLC. In short, it's to be taken as seriously as you. In other
> words, it's complete nonsense.

Did you follow the link???

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<qIZ4N.30853$_Oab.7894@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32706&group=alt.politics#32706

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: "because...@gmail.com (nickname unavailable)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 22:39:18 -0800
 by: nickname unavailable - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 06:39 UTC

On 11/9/2023 4:06 AM, NoBody wrote:

>> | Members of the right-wing group Moms for Liberty called the
>> | police on a pair of school librarians over a young adult
>> | bestselling book that they claimed included "pornography".
>> | The book's author, Jennifer Armentrout, told Popular
>> | Information she was "stunned" by the incident, adding that
>> | she was shocked to learn that the country is still "living
>> | in an era where, apparently, some adults find it
>> | appropriate to contact the police over a fictional book
>> | involving gargoyles."
>> <https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moms-for-liberty-library-book-police-call-b2443256.html>
>>
>> --bks
>
> Long on claims, short on proof

The burden is on you to show that something they said isn't factual.

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<3JZ4N.30854$_Oab.9565@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32707&group=alt.politics#32707

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: bykk...@dogshit~rag.nut (Mr. B1ack)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 22:39:59 -0800
 by: Mr. B1ack - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 06:39 UTC

On 11/14/2023 9:43 PM, Gronk wrote:
> NoBody wrote:

>>> <https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moms-for-liberty-library-book-police-call-b2443256.html>
>>>
>>>     --bks
>>
>> Long on claims, short on proof and they actually mention the left wing
>> SPLC.  In short, it's to be taken as seriously as you.  In other
>> words, it's complete nonsense.
>>
> Did you follow the link???

No, she didn't.

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<shg9lipchhaflg9e0ug1fkkushom18m5ue@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32711&group=alt.politics#32711

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:06:48 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 13:06 UTC

On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 22:43:30 -0700, Gronk <invalide@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>NoBody wrote:

>>> <https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moms-for-liberty-library-book-police-call-b2443256.html>
>>>
>>> --bks
>>
>> Long on claims, short on proof and they actually mention the left wing
>> SPLC. In short, it's to be taken as seriously as you. In other
>> words, it's complete nonsense.

Sounds like the House investigation of the Bidens.
>Did you follow the link???

Why would she do that? It would be completely out of character.

Swill
--
"I don't want everybody to vote. As a matter of fact, our leverage in
the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<ujhvqi$iq7$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32893&group=alt.politics#32893

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:12:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:12 UTC

| A Republican pastor who coordinates the faith-based
| outreach for the Philadelphia chapter of Moms for Liberty
| was convicted a decade ago of sexually abusing a teenage
| boy.
<https://www.rawstory.com/philip-fisher-jr/>

--bks