Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.eu,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics.republicans
From: 56d.1...@ztq9.net (56d.1152)
Subject: New Argentine Prez Seems To Be a NUTTER
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 23:56:09 -0500
 by: 56d.1152 - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 04:56 UTC

https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20231120-el-loco-at-the-helm-what-next-for-argentina-under-outsider-president-javier-milei

A former TV personality-turned political maverick,
Argentina’s president-elect Javier Milei has promised
no half-measures as he bids to make his stricken country
“great again”. Riding a wave of anti-establishment rage,
the far-right outsider known for his foul-mouthed outbursts
will have no time to bask in his stunning victory as he
inherits an economy

.. . .

Milei kinda comes across like Trump, after
a week-long meth binge .....

Some call him "far right", others a "Libertarian",
but he really doesn't fit either category.

He IS a sign of public despair ... a badly broken
and corrupted System that The People just can't
STAND anymore.

More than just "can't stand" - it's fatally
fucked up there. The govt prints money like
proverbial bubble-gum cards, resulting in
stagnation and high inflation.

Milei's trademark is a chain saw ... he promises
to slash the hell out of the Establishment to
save money.

Problem is, he seems basically NUTS, with zero
comprehension of The System he wants to reform.

Argentina isn't the only country to go with very
"odd" leaders. TV comedian Zelensky got elected
in Ukraine. You could view Trump as an "odd",
non-establishment, sort of leader too. People
everywhere seem to be at loose ends over The Way
Things Are Done ... and that Way often hurts the
population while never delivering 'prosperity'
except to a very very few. Nothing NEW about that,
the historical norm actually, but still ....

As for Milei ... expect him to be forcibly overthrown
or assassinated Real Soon. This will usher in yet
another far left or right quasi-dictatorship. That
seems to be the Argentine norm ; replace one extreme
problem with another - over and over and over.

Argentina is a bit different from other Latin American
countries, more "european" - a larger mix of people
from various European nations than usual. I once
considered retiring there, but the politics and
economics are just TOO WEIRD, TOO UNSTABLE.

Re: New Argentine Prez Seems To Be a NUTTER

<ujmks3$1ngbt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32911&group=alt.politics#32911

From: suzyw...@outlook.com (Woozy Song)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Subject: Re: New Argentine Prez Seems To Be a NUTTER
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:36:15 +0800
 by: Woozy Song - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 04:36 UTC

56d.1152 wrote:
> https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20231120-el-loco-at-the-helm-what-next-for-argentina-under-outsider-president-javier-milei
>

> A former TV personality-turned political maverick,
> Argentina’s president-elect Javier Milei has promised
> no half-measures as he bids to make his stricken country
> “great again”. Riding a wave of anti-establishment rage,
> the far-right outsider known for his foul-mouthed outbursts
> will have no time to bask in his stunning victory as he
> inherits an economy

And Netherlands has elected right-wing Geert Wilders. He is gay, but his
party PVV has made it clear it does not support what it calls “gender
policies” or “diversity posturing” in its manifesto.