A king's castle is his home.

interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3 answers: Hopper, Switzerland

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, SwitzerlandMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, SwitzerlandJoshua Kreitzer
+- Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, SwitzerlandErland Sommarskog
+- Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, SwitzerlandDan Blum
+- Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, SwitzerlandDan Tilque
+- Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, SwitzerlandPete Gayde
`- RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3 answers: Hopper, SwitzerlandMark Brader

1
RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, Switzerland

<7OydnbZ43PwlFcf8nZ2dnUU7-QvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3320&group=rec.games.trivia#3320

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, Switzerland
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 23:53:12 -0500
 by: Mark Brader - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 04:53 UTC

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2011-06-27,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of the Misplaced Modifiers, but have been reformatted
> and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
> correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
> that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
> on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 7, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

Answer these 2011 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

1. Unlikely but true: the US Open golf tournament was won by
a Northern Irishman for the second year in a row. Who is the
new champ?

2. A dress worn by Marilyn Monroe was auctioned off this week for
$4,600,000 US (plus commission). In which movie did she wear it?

* Game 7, Round 2 - Entertainment - The Films of Dennis Hopper

Rebel, addict, psychopath, auteur: the late Dennis Hopper played
them all and lived them all. Here are some questions about
his films.

1. Hopper kicked off his movie career playing opposite James Dean
in what 1955 classic?

2. Hopper was twice nominated for Oscars, though he never won.
His first nomination came in 1969 for Best Original Screenplay.
For which movie?

3. In Hopper's 1979 comeback film, "Apocalypse Now", he appears
as a crazed acolyte of Marlon Brando's Captain Kurtz. Hopper's
profession in the movie matched one of his real-life passions.
What was his character's profession?

4. 4 years after "Apocalypse Now", Hopper teamed up with Francis
Ford Coppola once again, playing the role of the alcoholic
deadbeat father of Motorcycle Boy and Rusty James. Name the
movie.

5. Hopper's portrayal of the sadistic Frank Booth in this 1986
movie ranked 36th on AFI's "Top 50 Movie Villains of All Time"
list. Name the movie.

6. For what film did Hopper receive his only acting Oscar
nomination? He plays a (surprise surprise) alcoholic basketball
coach.

7. In one of his final roles, Hopper plays the best friend of Ben
Kingsley, a university professor who has fallen for lovely
undergrad Penelope Cruz in what movie based on a novel by
Philip Roth?

8. In this 1986 movie about a young man who murders his girlfriend
and the reluctance of his pals to report the crime to police,
Hopper plays Feck, the eccentric neighborhood weed dealer.
Other cast members include Keanu Reaves and Crispin Glover.
Name it.

9. Hopper could always be relied on to play a good maniac. He was
back to his old nutty tricks as an urban extortionist in this
1994 thriller about a runaway bus.

10. Hopper delivers a deft cameo as a Swiss art dealer in this
1996 film about the Andy Warhol art scene, directed by
Julian Schnabel. Schnabel would later curate an exhibition of
Hopper's art and photography at LA's Museum of Contemporary Art.
Name the the movie.

* Game 7, Round 3 - Geography - Swiss Cities

Bitte sehen, veuillez voir, per favore consultare, per plaischair
consultar, or please examine the handout at:

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/g7r3/switz.jpg

We name a city in Switzerland; you give the letter on the map that
best represents its location.

1. Interlaken.
2. Luzern.
3. Kreuzlingen. (Hint: it's a suburb of Konstanz.)
4. Montreux.
5. Geneva.
6. Bern.
7. Basel.
8. Neuchâtel.
9. Zürich.
10. Lugano.

There were 6 decoys. Decode the rot13 if you want to try them for
fun, but for no points.

11. Fpunssunhfra.
12. Puhe.
13. Jvagreguhe.
14. Fvba.
15. Ynhfnaar.
16. Oryyvamban.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Abel was I ere I saw non-Abelian groups"
msb@vex.net | --Roland Hutchinson

Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, Switzerland

<b1ed6adc-9ac9-4a3f-af95-daa1298d8b05n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3321&group=rec.games.trivia#3321

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 22:10:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 05:10 UTC

On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 11:53:17 PM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2011 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Unlikely but true: the US Open golf tournament was won by
> a Northern Irishman for the second year in a row. Who is the
> new champ?

McIlroy

> * Game 7, Round 2 - Entertainment - The Films of Dennis Hopper
>
> Rebel, addict, psychopath, auteur: the late Dennis Hopper played
> them all and lived them all. Here are some questions about
> his films.
>
> 1. Hopper kicked off his movie career playing opposite James Dean
> in what 1955 classic?

"Rebel Without a Cause"

> 2. Hopper was twice nominated for Oscars, though he never won.
> His first nomination came in 1969 for Best Original Screenplay.
> For which movie?

"Easy Rider"

> 3. In Hopper's 1979 comeback film, "Apocalypse Now", he appears
> as a crazed acolyte of Marlon Brando's Captain Kurtz. Hopper's
> profession in the movie matched one of his real-life passions.
> What was his character's profession?

photographer

> 4. 4 years after "Apocalypse Now", Hopper teamed up with Francis
> Ford Coppola once again, playing the role of the alcoholic
> deadbeat father of Motorcycle Boy and Rusty James. Name the
> movie.

"Rumble Fish"

> 5. Hopper's portrayal of the sadistic Frank Booth in this 1986
> movie ranked 36th on AFI's "Top 50 Movie Villains of All Time"
> list. Name the movie.

"Blue Velvet"

> 6. For what film did Hopper receive his only acting Oscar
> nomination? He plays a (surprise surprise) alcoholic basketball
> coach.

"Hoosiers"

> 8. In this 1986 movie about a young man who murders his girlfriend
> and the reluctance of his pals to report the crime to police,
> Hopper plays Feck, the eccentric neighborhood weed dealer.
> Other cast members include Keanu Reaves and Crispin Glover.
> Name it.

"River's Edge"
> 9. Hopper could always be relied on to play a good maniac. He was
> back to his old nutty tricks as an urban extortionist in this
> 1994 thriller about a runaway bus.

"Speed"

> * Game 7, Round 3 - Geography - Swiss Cities
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/g7r3/switz.jpg
>
> We name a city in Switzerland; you give the letter on the map that
> best represents its location.
>
> 1. Interlaken.

> 2. Luzern.

J; K

> 3. Kreuzlingen. (Hint: it's a suburb of Konstanz.)

O; E

> 4. Montreux.

K; J

> 5. Geneva.

> 6. Bern.

> 7. Basel.

H; D

> 8. Neuchâtel.

M; O

> 9. Zürich.

D; H

> 10. Lugano.

Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, Switzerland

<XnsADB9CD59F2405Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3323&group=rec.games.trivia#3323

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 20:11:12 +0200
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 18:11 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 7, Round 3 - Geography - Swiss Cities
>
> Bitte sehen, veuillez voir, per favore consultare, per plaischair
> consultar,

Didn't someone say in another post that this quiz is in English? :-)
> 1. Interlaken.

L (And if that city does not have that name it should, given where it
sits!)

> 2. Luzern.

> 3. Kreuzlingen. (Hint: it's a suburb of Konstanz.)

B (I thought, "isn't Konstanz in Germany, but I get now.)

> 4. Montreux.

> 5. Geneva.

> 6. Bern.

> 7. Basel.

> 8. Neuchâtel.

> 9. Zürich.

> 10. Lugano.

> There were 6 decoys. Decode the rot13 if you want to try them for
> fun, but for no points.
>
> 11. Fpunssunhfra.

> 12. Puhe.

> 13. Jvagreguhe.

> 14. Fvba.

C (Yeah, I have C up there too, but for reason I read Neuchâtel as
entirely French name)

> 15. Ynhfnaar.

> 16. Oryyvamban.

Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, Switzerland

<sjgdjv$ss7$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3325&group=rec.games.trivia#3325

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 02:34:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 02:34 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 2 - Entertainment - The Films of Dennis Hopper

> 1. Hopper kicked off his movie career playing opposite James Dean
> in what 1955 classic?

On the Waterfront

> 2. Hopper was twice nominated for Oscars, though he never won.
> His first nomination came in 1969 for Best Original Screenplay.
> For which movie?

Easy Rider

> 3. In Hopper's 1979 comeback film, "Apocalypse Now", he appears
> as a crazed acolyte of Marlon Brando's Captain Kurtz. Hopper's
> profession in the movie matched one of his real-life passions.
> What was his character's profession?

demolitions expert

> 5. Hopper's portrayal of the sadistic Frank Booth in this 1986
> movie ranked 36th on AFI's "Top 50 Movie Villains of All Time"
> list. Name the movie.

Blue Velvet

> 9. Hopper could always be relied on to play a good maniac. He was
> back to his old nutty tricks as an urban extortionist in this
> 1994 thriller about a runaway bus.

Speed

> * Game 7, Round 3 - Geography - Swiss Cities

> 1. Interlaken.

L; H

> 2. Luzern.

J; G

> 3. Kreuzlingen. (Hint: it's a suburb of Konstanz.)

> 4. Montreux.

C; K

> 5. Geneva.

> 6. Bern.

E; G

> 7. Basel.

M; N

> 8. Neuch?tel.

N; K

> 9. Z?rich.

> 10. Lugano.

O; P

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, Switzerland

<sjk46q$50m$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3332&group=rec.games.trivia#3332

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 05:18:32 -0700
 by: Dan Tilque - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 12:18 UTC

On 10/3/21 9:53 PM, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2011 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Unlikely but true: the US Open golf tournament was won by
> a Northern Irishman for the second year in a row. Who is the
> new champ?
>
> 2. A dress worn by Marilyn Monroe was auctioned off this week for
> $4,600,000 US (plus commission). In which movie did she wear it?
>

> * Game 7, Round 2 - Entertainment - The Films of Dennis Hopper
>
> Rebel, addict, psychopath, auteur: the late Dennis Hopper played
> them all and lived them all. Here are some questions about
> his films.
>
> 1. Hopper kicked off his movie career playing opposite James Dean
> in what 1955 classic?

Rebel without a Cause

> 2. Hopper was twice nominated for Oscars, though he never won.
> His first nomination came in 1969 for Best Original Screenplay.
> For which movie?
>
> 3. In Hopper's 1979 comeback film, "Apocalypse Now", he appears
> as a crazed acolyte of Marlon Brando's Captain Kurtz. Hopper's
> profession in the movie matched one of his real-life passions.
> What was his character's profession?
>
> 4. 4 years after "Apocalypse Now", Hopper teamed up with Francis
> Ford Coppola once again, playing the role of the alcoholic
> deadbeat father of Motorcycle Boy and Rusty James. Name the
> movie.
>
> 5. Hopper's portrayal of the sadistic Frank Booth in this 1986
> movie ranked 36th on AFI's "Top 50 Movie Villains of All Time"
> list. Name the movie.
>
> 6. For what film did Hopper receive his only acting Oscar
> nomination? He plays a (surprise surprise) alcoholic basketball
> coach.

Hoosiers

> 7. In one of his final roles, Hopper plays the best friend of Ben
> Kingsley, a university professor who has fallen for lovely
> undergrad Penelope Cruz in what movie based on a novel by
> Philip Roth?
>
> 8. In this 1986 movie about a young man who murders his girlfriend
> and the reluctance of his pals to report the crime to police,
> Hopper plays Feck, the eccentric neighborhood weed dealer.
> Other cast members include Keanu Reaves and Crispin Glover.
> Name it.
>
> 9. Hopper could always be relied on to play a good maniac. He was
> back to his old nutty tricks as an urban extortionist in this
> 1994 thriller about a runaway bus.

Speed

> 10. Hopper delivers a deft cameo as a Swiss art dealer in this
> 1996 film about the Andy Warhol art scene, directed by
> Julian Schnabel. Schnabel would later curate an exhibition of
> Hopper's art and photography at LA's Museum of Contemporary Art.
> Name the the movie.
>

> * Game 7, Round 3 - Geography - Swiss Cities
>
> Bitte sehen, veuillez voir, per favore consultare, per plaischair
> consultar, or please examine the handout at:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/g7r3/switz.jpg
>
> We name a city in Switzerland; you give the letter on the map that
> best represents its location.
>
> 1. Interlaken.

> 2. Luzern.
> 3. Kreuzlingen. (Hint: it's a suburb of Konstanz.)
> 4. Montreux.
> 5. Geneva.

> 6. Bern.

> 7. Basel.
> 8. Neuchâtel.
> 9. Zürich.

> 10. Lugano.

J; K

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3: Hopper, Switzerland

<sjldde$1b75$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3333&group=rec.games.trivia#3333

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 19:01:50 -0500
 by: Pete Gayde - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 00:01 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
>> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2011-06-27,
>> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
>> by members of the Misplaced Modifiers, but have been reformatted
>> and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
>> correct answers in about 3 days.
>>
>> For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
>> that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
>> on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 7, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2011 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Unlikely but true: the US Open golf tournament was won by
> a Northern Irishman for the second year in a row. Who is the
> new champ?

McIlroy

> 2. A dress worn by Marilyn Monroe was auctioned off this week for
> $4,600,000 US (plus commission). In which movie did she wear it?

Seven Year Itch

> * Game 7, Round 2 - Entertainment - The Films of Dennis Hopper
>
> Rebel, addict, psychopath, auteur: the late Dennis Hopper played
> them all and lived them all. Here are some questions about
> his films.
>
> 1. Hopper kicked off his movie career playing opposite James Dean
> in what 1955 classic?

Rebel Without a Cause; Giant

> 2. Hopper was twice nominated for Oscars, though he never won.
> His first nomination came in 1969 for Best Original Screenplay.
> For which movie?

Easy Rider

> 3. In Hopper's 1979 comeback film, "Apocalypse Now", he appears
> as a crazed acolyte of Marlon Brando's Captain Kurtz. Hopper's
> profession in the movie matched one of his real-life passions.
> What was his character's profession?
>
> 4. 4 years after "Apocalypse Now", Hopper teamed up with Francis
> Ford Coppola once again, playing the role of the alcoholic
> deadbeat father of Motorcycle Boy and Rusty James. Name the
> movie.
>
> 5. Hopper's portrayal of the sadistic Frank Booth in this 1986
> movie ranked 36th on AFI's "Top 50 Movie Villains of All Time"
> list. Name the movie.
>
> 6. For what film did Hopper receive his only acting Oscar
> nomination? He plays a (surprise surprise) alcoholic basketball
> coach.
>
> 7. In one of his final roles, Hopper plays the best friend of Ben
> Kingsley, a university professor who has fallen for lovely
> undergrad Penelope Cruz in what movie based on a novel by
> Philip Roth?
>
> 8. In this 1986 movie about a young man who murders his girlfriend
> and the reluctance of his pals to report the crime to police,
> Hopper plays Feck, the eccentric neighborhood weed dealer.
> Other cast members include Keanu Reaves and Crispin Glover.
> Name it.
>
> 9. Hopper could always be relied on to play a good maniac. He was
> back to his old nutty tricks as an urban extortionist in this
> 1994 thriller about a runaway bus.

Speed

> 10. Hopper delivers a deft cameo as a Swiss art dealer in this
> 1996 film about the Andy Warhol art scene, directed by
> Julian Schnabel. Schnabel would later curate an exhibition of
> Hopper's art and photography at LA's Museum of Contemporary Art.
> Name the the movie.
>

> * Game 7, Round 3 - Geography - Swiss Cities
>
> Bitte sehen, veuillez voir, per favore consultare, per plaischair
> consultar, or please examine the handout at:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/g7r3/switz.jpg
>
> We name a city in Switzerland; you give the letter on the map that
> best represents its location.
>
> 1. Interlaken.

> 2. Luzern.

D; H

> 3. Kreuzlingen. (Hint: it's a suburb of Konstanz.)

> 4. Montreux.

> 5. Geneva.

> 6. Bern

M; G

> 7. Basel.

> 8. Neuchâtel.

> 9. Zürich.

H; D

> 10. Lugano.

> There were 6 decoys. Decode the rot13 if you want to try them for
> fun, but for no points.
>
> 11. Fpunssunhfra.
> 12. Puhe.
> 13. Jvagreguhe.
> 14. Fvba.
> 15. Ynhfnaar.
> 16. Oryyvamban.

Pete Gayde

RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3 answers: Hopper, Switzerland

<bMGdnXuSw4-mXML8nZ2dnUU7-THNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3334&group=rec.games.trivia#3334

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIMM11 Game 7, Rounds 2-3 answers: Hopper, Switzerland
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 22:55:39 -0500
 by: Mark Brader - Fri, 8 Oct 2021 03:55 UTC

Mark Brader:
> > These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2011-06-27,
> > and should be interpreted accordingly... I will reveal the
> > correct answers in about 3 days.

Y'know, one of these days I'll get this "about 3 days" thing right...

> > For further information... see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
> > on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 7, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

> Answer these 2011 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

> 1. Unlikely but true: the US Open golf tournament was won by
> a Northern Irishman for the second year in a row. Who is the
> new champ?

Rory McIlroy. Joshua and Pete got this.

> 2. A dress worn by Marilyn Monroe was auctioned off this week for
> $4,600,000 US (plus commission). In which movie did she wear it?

"The Seven Year Itch". Pete got this.

> * Game 7, Round 2 - Entertainment - The Films of Dennis Hopper

> Rebel, addict, psychopath, auteur: the late Dennis Hopper played
> them all and lived them all. Here are some questions about
> his films.

> 1. Hopper kicked off his movie career playing opposite James Dean
> in what 1955 classic?

"Rebel Without a Cause". 4 for Joshua and Dan Tilque. 3 for Pete.

> 2. Hopper was twice nominated for Oscars, though he never won.
> His first nomination came in 1969 for Best Original Screenplay.
> For which movie?

"Easy Rider". 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 3. In Hopper's 1979 comeback film, "Apocalypse Now", he appears
> as a crazed acolyte of Marlon Brando's Captain Kurtz. Hopper's
> profession in the movie matched one of his real-life passions.
> What was his character's profession?

Photojournalist. ("Photographer" or "journalist" was acceptable.)
4 for Joshua.

> 4. 4 years after "Apocalypse Now", Hopper teamed up with Francis
> Ford Coppola once again, playing the role of the alcoholic
> deadbeat father of Motorcycle Boy and Rusty James. Name the
> movie.

"Rumble Fish". 4 for Joshua.

> 5. Hopper's portrayal of the sadistic Frank Booth in this 1986
> movie ranked 36th on AFI's "Top 50 Movie Villains of All Time"
> list. Name the movie.

"Blue Velvet". 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

> 6. For what film did Hopper receive his only acting Oscar
> nomination? He plays a (surprise surprise) alcoholic basketball
> coach.

"Hoosiers". 4 for Joshua and Dan Tilque.

> 7. In one of his final roles, Hopper plays the best friend of Ben
> Kingsley, a university professor who has fallen for lovely
> undergrad Penelope Cruz in what movie based on a novel by
> Philip Roth?

"Elegy".

> 8. In this 1986 movie about a young man who murders his girlfriend
> and the reluctance of his pals to report the crime to police,
> Hopper plays Feck, the eccentric neighborhood weed dealer.
> Other cast members include Keanu Reaves and Crispin Glover.
> Name it.

"River's Edge". 4 for Joshua.

> 9. Hopper could always be relied on to play a good maniac. He was
> back to his old nutty tricks as an urban extortionist in this
> 1994 thriller about a runaway bus.

"Speed", of course. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 10. Hopper delivers a deft cameo as a Swiss art dealer in this
> 1996 film about the Andy Warhol art scene, directed by
> Julian Schnabel. Schnabel would later curate an exhibition of
> Hopper's art and photography at LA's Museum of Contemporary Art.
> Name the the movie.

"Basquiat".

> * Game 7, Round 3 - Geography - Swiss Cities

> Bitte sehen, veuillez voir, per favore consultare, per plaischair
> consultar, or please examine the handout at:

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/g7r3/switz.jpg

> We name a city in Switzerland; you give the letter on the map that
> best represents its location.

> 1. Interlaken.

L. 4 for Joshua, Erland, Dan Tilque, and Pete. 3 for Dan Blum.

> 2. Luzern.

H. 4 for Erland. 2 for Pete.

> 3. Kreuzlingen. (Hint: it's a suburb of Konstanz.)

F. 4 for Dan Blum and Pete.

In the original game we claimed that F was Konstanz itself, but
(as Erland noted) that's in Germany, on the other side of the Rhine.
It's Kreuzlingen, as indicated, that's in Switzerland. But in English
the lake they're on is Lake Constance. (In German it's the Bodensee.)

> 4. Montreux.

K. 4 for Erland and Pete. 3 for Joshua. 2 for Dan Blum.

> 5. Geneva.

I. 4 for everyone -- Joshua, Erland, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 6. Bern.

G. 4 for Joshua, Erland, and Dan Tilque. 2 for Dan Blum and Pete.

> 7. Basel.

A. 4 for Erland and Pete.

> 8. Neuchâtel.

C. 4 for Erland and Pete.

> 9. Zürich.

D. 4 for Erland, Dan Blum, and Dan Tilque. 3 for Joshua.
2 for Pete.

> 10. Lugano.

P. 4 for Joshua, Erland, and Pete. 2 for Dan Blum.

> There were 6 decoys. Decode the rot13 if you want to try them for
> fun, but for no points.

> 11. Schaffhausen.

B.

> 12. Chur.

M. Erland got this.

> 13. Winterthur.

E. Erland got this.

> 14. Sion.

N.

> 15. Lausanne.

J. Erland got this.

> 16. Bellinzona.

O. Erland got this.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 7 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Ent Geo
Joshua Kreitzer 32 22 54
Pete Gayde 11 34 45
Erland Sommarskog 0 36 36
Dan Blum 12 21 33
Dan Tilque 12 16 28

--
Mark Brader | "[He] is my nation's leader ... i.e., the piece of
Toronto | clear tape at the beginning of a cassette that you