Round Numbers are always false. -- Samuel Johnson

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sea

SubjectAuthor
* Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sealtlee1
+* Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Seakakiko
|`- Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sealtlee1
+* Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black SeaA. Filip
|`* Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black SeaRusty Wyse
| `- Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black SeaA. Filip
`- Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black SeaRusty Wyse

1
Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sea

<81ee05fe-246e-475b-90dd-95ec91672144n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3314&group=soc.culture.china#3314

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 14:30:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sea
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 21:30 UTC

"Valentin Tsankov, a Bulgarian Brigadier General, gave an interview to "Dir..bg publication, in which he compared the current state of affairs in the Black Sea with events that had happened on the border of the Soviet Union and Germany before the Great Patriotic War. The Bulgarian general warned of the risk of a military confrontation between Russia and NATO.
According to Tsankov, the North Atlantic Alliance "demonstrates the non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea,” which is manifested in the increased presence of warships from the countries that do not have access to the Black Sea, especially US warships. The general believes that Washington thus tries to put pressure on Moscow, while the latter sees all that as a threat and builds up its military potential in response. All the above escalates tensions in the region and aggravates the relationship, the Bulgarian general believes.

Tsankov compared the situation in the region with the situation in 1939-1941, when the Soviet Union and Germany shared a border.

"This is the easiest way to start a war,” he said.

The general also pointed out that in the event Ukraine obtains NATO's global partner status, this may lead to the permanent deployment of NATO troops near the Russian borders. Ukraine is now playing the role of a buffer, he concluded.

NATO's largest international military exercise Sea Breeze 2021 kicked off on June 28. Five thousand soldiers from 32 countries, as well as 32 warships, 40 aircraft, 18 special operations teams and diving groups take part in the exercise. Some of them represent NATO countries.

https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/43017-nato_russia_war/"

Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sea

<sceb1j$afd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3330&group=soc.culture.china#3330

From: toi...@tr.com (kakiko)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 16:44:57 +0800
 by: kakiko - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 08:44 UTC

On 11/7/2021 5:30 am, beetle1 wrote:
> "Valentin Tsankov, a Bulgarian Brigadier General, gave an interview to "Dir.bg publication, in which he compared the current state of affairs in the Black Sea with events that had happened on the border of the Soviet Union and Germany before the Great Patriotic War. The Bulgarian general warned of the risk of a military confrontation between Russia and NATO.
> According to Tsankov, the North Atlantic Alliance "demonstrates the non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea,” which is manifested in the increased presence of warships from the countries that do not have access to the Black Sea, especially US warships. The general believes that Washington thus tries to put pressure on Moscow, while the latter sees all that as a threat and builds up its military potential in response. All the above escalates tensions in the region and aggravates the relationship, the Bulgarian general believes.
>
> Tsankov compared the situation in the region with the situation in 1939-1941, when the Soviet Union and Germany shared a border.
>
> "This is the easiest way to start a war,” he said.
>
> The general also pointed out that in the event Ukraine obtains NATO's global partner status, this may lead to the permanent deployment of NATO troops near the Russian borders. Ukraine is now playing the role of a buffer, he concluded.
>
> NATO's largest international military exercise Sea Breeze 2021 kicked off on June 28. Five thousand soldiers from 32 countries, as well as 32 warships, 40 aircraft, 18 special operations teams and diving groups take part in the exercise. Some of them represent NATO countries.
>
> https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/43017-nato_russia_war/"

There will not be war anytime soon. It will take months until and unless
all the NATO nations discussed and approved and be readying for a war.
AS it is just US exercise, there will be steams from Russia.

Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sea

<4c8d667f-c40a-4339-ba66-fe34648ae31cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3339&group=soc.culture.china#3339

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 07:32:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:32 UTC

On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 4:44:37 AM UTC-4, kakiko wrote:
> On 11/7/2021 5:30 am, beetle1 wrote:
> > "Valentin Tsankov, a Bulgarian Brigadier General, gave an interview to "Dir.bg publication, in which he compared the current state of affairs in the Black Sea with events that had happened on the border of the Soviet Union and Germany before the Great Patriotic War. The Bulgarian general warned of the risk of a military confrontation between Russia and NATO.
> > According to Tsankov, the North Atlantic Alliance "demonstrates the non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea,” which is manifested in the increased presence of warships from the countries that do not have access to the Black Sea, especially US warships. The general believes that Washington thus tries to put pressure on Moscow, while the latter sees all that as a threat and builds up its military potential in response. All the above escalates tensions in the region and aggravates the relationship, the Bulgarian general believes.
> >
> > Tsankov compared the situation in the region with the situation in 1939-1941, when the Soviet Union and Germany shared a border.
> >
> > "This is the easiest way to start a war,” he said.
> >
> > The general also pointed out that in the event Ukraine obtains NATO's global partner status, this may lead to the permanent deployment of NATO troops near the Russian borders. Ukraine is now playing the role of a buffer, he concluded.
> >
> > NATO's largest international military exercise Sea Breeze 2021 kicked off on June 28. Five thousand soldiers from 32 countries, as well as 32 warships, 40 aircraft, 18 special operations teams and diving groups take part in the exercise. Some of them represent NATO countries.
> >
> > https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/43017-nato_russia_war/"
> >
> There will not be war anytime soon. It will take months until and unless
> all the NATO nations discussed and approved and be readying for a war.
> AS it is just US exercise, there will be steams from Russia.

But this was a relatively large military operation intends to demonstrate "the non-recognition of the annexation of the Crimea."

Numbers:
Total EEC: 460084, km*2,
Russian EEC not including Crimea: 67351 km*2
Russian EEC including Crimea: close to 200,000 km*2.

And 'NO', it did not need EXPLICIT approval for war readiness. Only a handful of ships were needed to inadvertently sail
into Russia EEC. And the whole fleet was under US command.

Anyway, the exercise was concluded yesterday. Looks like NATO back off from large provocation.

Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sea

<anfi+8qhyjkg8zf-l7b0@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3340&group=soc.culture.china#3340

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:56:38 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:yEBPmlgSJxvoopBp5v4eG1b1110=
 by: A. Filip - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:56 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Valentin Tsankov, a Bulgarian Brigadier General, gave an interview to
> "Dir.bg publication, in which he compared the current state of affairs
> in the Black Sea with events that had happened on the border of the
> Soviet Union and Germany before the Great Patriotic War. The Bulgarian
> general warned of the risk of a military confrontation between Russia
> and NATO. ... According to Tsankov, the North Atlantic Alliance
> "demonstrates the non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea,” which
> is manifested in the increased presence of warships from the countries
> that do not have access to the Black Sea, especially US warships. The
> general believes that Washington thus tries to put pressure on Moscow,
> while the latter sees all that as a threat and builds up its military
> potential in response. All the above escalates tensions in the region
> and aggravates the relationship, the Bulgarian general believes.
[…]
> https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/43017-nato_russia_war/"

Are *YOU* interested in showing a part picture?

NATO Black Sea games should be seen in context what happened *after*
annexation of Crimea, what happens after creation of two separatist
republic in East Ukraine. It is message that "Ukrainian Rugby Scrum"
can be and is pushed both ways.

I am not sure "Black Sea navy games" are wise or the best response.
I am 200% sure that message that only Putin (Russia) can push
Ukrainian Rugby Scrum his way would practically guarantee next push.
Avoid giving your "competitor" idea that confrontation is a one way
only street, his/her way street.

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| If someone had told me I would be Pope one day, I would have
| studied harder. (Pope John Paul I)

Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sea

<eb658a81-7d6a-4af8-b7c7-9eccfccd2603n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3341&group=soc.culture.china#3341

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 08:00:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:00 UTC

On Saturday, July 10, 2021 at 2:31:01 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> "Valentin Tsankov, a Bulgarian Brigadier General, gave an interview to "Dir.bg publication, in which he compared the current state of affairs in the Black Sea with events that had happened on the border of the Soviet Union and Germany before the Great Patriotic War. The Bulgarian general warned of the risk of a military confrontation between Russia and NATO.
> According to Tsankov, the North Atlantic Alliance "demonstrates the non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea,” which is manifested in the increased presence of warships from the countries that do not have access to the Black Sea, especially US warships. The general believes that Washington thus tries to put pressure on Moscow, while the latter sees all that as a threat and builds up its military potential in response. All the above escalates tensions in the region and aggravates the relationship, the Bulgarian general believes.
>
> Tsankov compared the situation in the region with the situation in 1939-1941, when the Soviet Union and Germany shared a border.
>
> "This is the easiest way to start a war,” he said.
>
> The general also pointed out that in the event Ukraine obtains NATO's global partner status, this may lead to the permanent deployment of NATO troops near the Russian borders. Ukraine is now playing the role of a buffer, he concluded.
>
> NATO's largest international military exercise Sea Breeze 2021 kicked off on June 28. Five thousand soldiers from 32 countries, as well as 32 warships, 40 aircraft, 18 special operations teams and diving groups take part in the exercise. Some of them represent NATO countries.
>
> https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/43017-nato_russia_war/"

The ole' saying goes...
"People looking for trouble, finds it!!!"

The U.S. is looking for trouble, will find it, whether in the Black Sea or in the South China Sea!!!
The U.S. still has NOT learned from past experiences, from the wars in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, the whole Middle East...

Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sea

<c5384e29-ee98-417e-bf7f-62e156ec7f3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3343&group=soc.culture.china#3343

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 08:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:13 UTC

On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 7:57:27 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> ltlee1 <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > "Valentin Tsankov, a Bulgarian Brigadier General, gave an interview to
> > "Dir.bg publication, in which he compared the current state of affairs
> > in the Black Sea with events that had happened on the border of the
> > Soviet Union and Germany before the Great Patriotic War. The Bulgarian
> > general warned of the risk of a military confrontation between Russia
> > and NATO. ... According to Tsankov, the North Atlantic Alliance
> > "demonstrates the non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea,” which
> > is manifested in the increased presence of warships from the countries
> > that do not have access to the Black Sea, especially US warships. The
> > general believes that Washington thus tries to put pressure on Moscow,
> > while the latter sees all that as a threat and builds up its military
> > potential in response. All the above escalates tensions in the region
> > and aggravates the relationship, the Bulgarian general believes.
> […]
> > https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/43017-nato_russia_war/"
>
> Are *YOU* interested in showing a part picture?
>
> NATO Black Sea games should be seen in context what happened *after*
> annexation of Crimea, ...

The U.S. insists on calling "annexation of Crimea"...
The truth was: the people within Crimea voted to return to Russia since Crimea was part of Russia before 1956, the people of Crimea are Russians & speak Russian language. The Ukrainian Navy Commander was Crimean and he took the whole Ukraine Navy to Russia. Anyone who didn't want to be Russian were told to return to Ukraine.

> what happens after creation of two separatist
> republic in East Ukraine. It is message that "Ukrainian Rugby Scrum"
> can be and is pushed both ways.
>
> I am not sure "Black Sea navy games" are wise or the best response.
> I am 200% sure that message that only Putin (Russia) can push
> Ukrainian Rugby Scrum his way would practically guarantee next push.
> Avoid giving your "competitor" idea that confrontation is a one way
> only street, his/her way street.
>
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | If someone had told me I would be Pope one day, I would have
> | studied harder. (Pope John Paul I)

Re: Pravda.ru NATO readies for war with Russia in the Black Sea

<anfi+5tlwvhlkrf-l7b0@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3348&group=soc.culture.china#3348

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:39:02 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:nn4Wjob4W1ABknxcYgiLEJX5V/8=
 by: A. Filip - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:39 UTC

Rusty Wyse <yale.mar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 7:57:27 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
>> ltlee1 <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > "Valentin Tsankov, a Bulgarian Brigadier General, gave an interview to
>> > "Dir.bg publication, in which he compared the current state of affairs
>> > in the Black Sea with events that had happened on the border of the
>> > Soviet Union and Germany before the Great Patriotic War. The Bulgarian
>> > general warned of the risk of a military confrontation between Russia
>> > and NATO. ... According to Tsankov, the North Atlantic Alliance
>> > "demonstrates the non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea,” which
>> > is manifested in the increased presence of warships from the countries
>> > that do not have access to the Black Sea, especially US warships. The
>> > general believes that Washington thus tries to put pressure on Moscow,
>> > while the latter sees all that as a threat and builds up its military
>> > potential in response. All the above escalates tensions in the region
>> > and aggravates the relationship, the Bulgarian general believes.
>> […]
>> > https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/43017-nato_russia_war/"
>>
>> Are *YOU* interested in showing a part picture?
>>
>> NATO Black Sea games should be seen in context what happened *after*
>> annexation of Crimea, what happens after creation of two separatist
>> republic in East Ukraine. It is message that "Ukrainian Rugby Scrum"
>> can be and is pushed both ways.
> […]
>
> The U.S. insists on calling "annexation of Crimea"...
> The truth was: the people within Crimea voted to return to Russia
> since Crimea was part of Russia before 1956, the people of Crimea are
> Russians & speak Russian language. The Ukrainian Navy Commander was
> Crimean and he took the whole Ukraine Navy to Russia. Anyone who
> didn't want to be Russian were told to return to Ukraine.

In practical terms: It was unlikely+ for US+ to *formally* recognize
"Russian Crimea". IMHO without two separatist republics in Ukraine
"So what (in practice)?" would produce quite different results.
Looking at "The Crimea Issue" without wider content "may be misleading".

<cynicism> Uighur minority prosecution by PRC most likely indicates no
plans to "defend" Chinese minorities abroad *soon* :-) </cynicism>