"Paul Lynde to block..." -- a contestant on "Hollywood Squares"

interests / rec.boats / Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...

SubjectAuthor
* Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...Keyser Söze
+- Re:Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...justan
+* Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...True North
|`* Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...Bill
| `- Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...Mr Robot
+* Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...gfretwell
`* Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
 +* Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...Alex
 |`- Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...Mr Robot
 `- Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...Mr Robot

Pages:12
Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...

<kcidnbx0r5VFnSn8nZ2dnUU7-LudnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3397&group=rec.boats#3397

Subject: Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...
Newsgroups: rec.boats
<RZWdnU_UtZpmeyz8nZ2dnUU7-Q2dnZ2d@giganews.com> <sot05i$m1e$1@dont-email.me>
<z4WdneyrlNZatC_8nZ2dnUU7-e3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<a9590d34-87b4-47ba-8bd7-ae1995b26f1dn@googlegroups.com>
<O5GdnZMK6czv-C_8nZ2dnUU7-L2dnZ2d@giganews.com>
<39v4rgdjngsraq9f0bthebrs84hgi93ue1@4ax.com>
<lY-dnSh9nNkH2C78nZ2dnUU7-RfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sp0ojk$nml$1@dont-email.me>
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 20:37:28 -0500
 by: Alex - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 01:37 UTC

Bill wrote:
> Mr. Luddite <nothere@noland.com> wrote:
>> On 12/9/2021 5:04 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>>> wondering>>>> about that, as it has been more than six months since my last
>>> appearance.>>>>>>>> I looked at a few days of posts here. Sadly, there
>>> was nothing new of>>>> much interest, although it was heart-warming to
>>> see that Justin has not>>>> been usurped as Resident Idiot.>>>>>>>>
>>> We've had our COVID shots and boosters, and if
>>> another booster is>>>> required, we'll get that one, too. We've been
>>> *very* careful and still>>>> mask, spray our hands, and whenever
>>> possible avoid crowds. Even so,>>>> we've managed to take a few nice
>>> vacation trips. My wife's office is>>>> open for her one or two days a
>>> week, but most of her work has been>>>> accomplished via
>>> ZOOM,
>>> loudspeakers. When my>>>> wife's presentation started, I went outside to
>>> hear what she sounded>>>> like "out there." Quite good,
>>> actually.>>>>>>>> Hope you are all healthy and busy. Google managed to
>>> fuck up my email>>>> beyond salvation, so I had to initiate a new email
>>> address. Fretwell has>>>> my new email address in case you
>>> are in such dire straits you have to>>>> reach me.>>>>>>>> I'll check in
>>> again in about six months, I suppose. No sense leaving>>>> love notes or
>>> comments here for me...I don't see them.>>>>>> Few more boosters and I
>>> get a toaster.>>>>>> http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Covid%20card.jpg>>>>>>>
>>> and Justine

>>> We are doing pretty good here. No snow in the forecast, like forever.
>>> This is chamber of commerce weather, 70s and sunny. Cooler at night.
>>>
>> I really enjoyed winters in Jupiter ... especially January through
>> March. Weather was fantastic.
>>
>> I remember the day we arrived in Jupiter when I took the boat down
>> there. It was the last week of October and still hot and humid.
>> Back in MA people were wearing fall jackets.
>>
>> But, I didn't enjoy three hurricanes in 14 months.
>>

> Thinking of a Keys trip in April. Good time? Think the water would be
> warm and not super windy.

For fishing, May is better.  Grouper season is open and the Mahi bite is
at its peak.

Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...

<sp18g8$87c$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3398&group=rec.boats#3398

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 04:12:56 -0000 (UTC)
<lY-dnSh9nNkH2C78nZ2dnUU7-RfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<sp0ojk$nml$1@dont-email.me>
<kcidnbx0r5VFnSn8nZ2dnUU7-LudnZ2d@giganews.com>
sha1:vKK0fIj1xoHrgF1mf9ZSWw9jn44=
 by: Bill - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 04:12 UTC

Alex <Xela777@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>> Mr. Luddite <nothere@noland.com> wrote:

>>> I really enjoyed winters in Jupiter ... especially January through
>>> March. Weather was fantastic.
>>>
>>> I remember the day we arrived in Jupiter when I took the boat down
>>> there. It was the last week of October and still hot and humid.
>>> Back in MA people were wearing fall jackets.
>>>
>>> But, I didn't enjoy three hurricanes in 14 months.
>>>

>> Thinking of a Keys trip in April. Good time? Think the water would be
>> warm and not super windy.
>>

> For fishing, May is better.  Grouper season is open and the Mahi bite is
> at its peak.

More the sightseeing and not as much fishing. Since it seems Southwest
flys some sports equipment free, maybe bring the I11s Hobie inflatable
kayaks.

Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...

<sp1b2q$kv7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3399&group=rec.boats#3399

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 04:56:58 -0000 (UTC)
<lY-dnSh9nNkH2C78nZ2dnUU7-RfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<sp0ojk$nml$1@dont-email.me>
<kcidnbx0r5VFnSn8nZ2dnUU7-LudnZ2d@giganews.com>
<sp18g8$87c$1@dont-email.me>
sha1:GfoWu0/4pVXiBV0OMkwBkPrFWQs=
 by: Bill - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 04:56 UTC

Bill <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alex <Xela777@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bill wrote:

>>> Thinking of a Keys trip in April. Good time? Think the water would be
>>> warm and not super windy.
>>>

>> For fishing, May is better.  Grouper season is open and the Mahi bite is
>> at its peak.
>>

> More the sightseeing and not as much fishing. Since it seems Southwest
> flys some sports equipment free, maybe bring the I11s Hobie inflatable
> kayaks.

May is sort of a bad month for us traveling. 2 granddaughters birthdays
and an annual North Coast camping trip with a large group. The camping
trip started out 50 years ago as 5 families going up to dive for abalone.

Re: Temporarily Present But Unaccounted For...

<f9i8rg5ttv15ipb6vrg6386r96a12vb2mv@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3400&group=rec.boats#3400

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 02:06:29 -0500
References: <RZWdnU_UtZpmeyz8nZ2dnUU7-Q2dnZ2d@giganews.com> <sot05i$m1e$1@dont-email.me> <z4WdneyrlNZatC_8nZ2dnUU7-e3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <a9590d34-87b4-47ba-8bd7-ae1995b26f1dn@googlegroups.com> <O5GdnZMK6czv-C_8nZ2dnUU7-L2dnZ2d@giganews.com> <39v4rgdjngsraq9f0bthebrs84hgi93ue1@4ax.com> <lY-dnSh9nNkH2C78nZ2dnUU7-RfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sp0ojk$nml$1@dont-email.me> <kcidnbx0r5VFnSn8nZ2dnUU7-LudnZ2d@giganews.com> <sp18g8$87c$1@dont-email.me> <sp1b2q$kv7$1@dont-email.me>
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 07:06 UTC

On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 04:56:58 -0000 (UTC), Bill
<califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

>Bill <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Alex <Xela777@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> For fishing, May is better.  Grouper season is open and the Mahi bite is
>>> at its peak.
>>>

>> More the sightseeing and not as much fishing. Since it seems Southwest
>> flys some sports equipment free, maybe bring the I11s Hobie inflatable
>> kayaks.
>>

>May is sort of a bad month for us traveling. 2 granddaughters birthdays
>and an annual North Coast camping trip with a large group. The camping
>trip started out 50 years ago as 5 families going up to dive for abalone.

April might not be bad if it is after tax day. That is guess at when
the snowbirds go home but the keys are a little different. During the
week it might not be horrible but if you want to move around the only
road gets crowded on the weekends.
Key West is the same 7 days a week,Wednesday or Thursday is better
than Saturday if you have to drive there. A thought might be to fly
into Key West, stay down around Mallory Square and experience Key West
for a night or two. Plenty of good live music makes it worth going and
you may see some tropical "Frisco" people.
Sloppy Joe's, Hog's Breath and Captain Tony's are right there.
There is a beach down past the Navy Base.
After you get that out of your system I would go near Marathon area
and fly out of there. There are You can find a place on the gulf side
that will be OK for your kayaking. You might want to stop south of the
7 mile bridge. It will be a quick shot to Marathon and still in a more
laid back atmosphere. If you like more up scale try the Hawk's Cay
(MM61) just past Marathon. There is offshore fishing all up and down
the chain but Islamorada is a big destination (MM80)
Serious kayakers would go up to Flamingo and paddle around the
mangroves. Bring your bug spray ;-)