Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. -- Frank Zappa

interests / rec.boats / Omicron variant

SubjectAuthor
* Omicron variantMr. Luddite
+* Re: Omicron variantTrue North
|`* Re: Omicron variantwaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
| +* Re: Omicron variantMr. Luddite
| |+* Re: Omicron variantwaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
| ||+* Re: Omicron variantgfretwell
| ||`* Re: Omicron variantMr. Luddite
| || `- Re: Omicron variantgfretwell
| |+* Re: Omicron variantgfretwell
| ||+* Re: Omicron variantMr. Luddite
| ||`* Re: Omicron variantMr. Luddite
| || `* Re: Omicron variantgfretwell
| ||  `- Re: Omicron variantwaynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
| |`* Re: Omicron variantMr Robot
| | `* Re: Omicron variantMr. Luddite
| |  +* Re: Omicron variantjustan
| |  |`- Re: Omicron variantMr Robot
| |  `- Re: Omicron variantMr Robot
| +* Re: Omicron variantTrue North
| |`* Re: Omicron variantgfretwell
| | `* Re: Omicron variantMr. Luddite
| |  `- Re: Omicron variantgfretwell
| `- Re: Omicron variantAlex
`- Re: Omicron variantgfretwell

Pages:12
Omicron variant

<Ve6dnVO4xf0pVSD8nZ2dnUU7-QnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3429&group=rec.boats#3429

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 06:40:36 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
Subject: Omicron variant
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 11:40 UTC

What to believe?

I was just reading a Reuters article published
yesterday (Dec 17th) on a new study of the
Omicron Covid variant done by the
UK Health Security Agency and National Health Service
in London.

The report claims:

Omicron five times likelier to cause reinfections.

No sign milder than Delta, but some say too early to know.

Two-dose vaccines offer little or no Omicron protection.

Link:

<https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-five-times-more-likely-reinfect-than-delta-study-says-2021-12-17/>

https://www.avg.com

Re: Omicron variant

<dcb5ff66-1451-4fbd-bf06-d90f12bf9096n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3430&group=rec.boats#3430

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 05:51:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Omicron variant
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:51 UTC

On Saturday, 18 December 2021 at 07:40:44 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
> What to believe?
>
> I was just reading a Reuters article published
> yesterday (Dec 17th) on a new study of the
> Omicron Covid variant done by the
> UK Health Security Agency and National Health Service
> in London.
>
> The report claims:
>
> Omicron five times likelier to cause reinfections.
>
> No sign milder than Delta, but some say too early to know.
>
> Two-dose vaccines offer little or no Omicron protection.
>
> Link:
>
> <https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-five-times-more-likely-reinfect-than-delta-study-says-2021-12-17/>
>
> --
> https://www.avg.com

We're all doomed.
Too many people in the world so we're due for a thinning of the herd.
Now how do I keep me and mine safe?

Re: Omicron variant

<613bbeb6-268d-4732-bb65-446c9c2c506en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3431&group=rec.boats#3431

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 08:29:30 -0800 (PST)
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 16:29 UTC

On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 8:51:05 AM UTC-5, True North wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 December 2021 at 07:40:44 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
> > What to believe?
> >
> > I was just reading a Reuters article published
> > yesterday (Dec 17th) on a new study of the
> > Omicron Covid variant done by the
> > UK Health Security Agency and National Health Service
> > in London.
> >
> > The report claims:
> >
> > Omicron five times likelier to cause reinfections.
> >
> > No sign milder than Delta, but some say too early to know.
> >
> > Two-dose vaccines offer little or no Omicron protection.
> >
> > Link:
> >
> > <https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-five-times-more-likely-reinfect-than-delta-study-says-2021-12-17/>
> >
> > --
> > https://www.avg.com
> We're all doomed.
> Too many people in the world so we're due for a thinning of the herd.
> Now how do I keep me and mine safe?

===

The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help

Re: Omicron variant

<df7srg1srgirldcg1b7mqriphiaai4biqq@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3432&group=rec.boats#3432

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 12:45:51 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 17:45 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 06:40:36 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>What to believe?
>
>I was just reading a Reuters article published
>yesterday (Dec 17th) on a new study of the
>Omicron Covid variant done by the
>UK Health Security Agency and National Health Service
>in London.
>
>The report claims:
>
> Omicron five times likelier to cause reinfections.
>
> No sign milder than Delta, but some say too early to know.
>
> Two-dose vaccines offer little or no Omicron protection.
>
>Link:
>
><https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-five-times-more-likely-reinfect-than-delta-study-says-2021-12-17/>

Fauci says he can't imagine the booster will protect you from
infection.

https://gfretwell.com/ftp/Fauci%20holt%20Omicron%20vax.mp3

Re: Omicron variant

<OfWdnQheQpu2uiP8nZ2dnUU7-e_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3433&group=rec.boats#3433

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:38 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 18:23 UTC

On 12/18/2021 11:29 AM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 8:51:05 AM UTC-5, True North wrote:
>> On Saturday, 18 December 2021 at 07:40:44 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
>>> What to believe?
>>>
>>> I was just reading a Reuters article published
>>> yesterday (Dec 17th) on a new study of the
>>> Omicron Covid variant done by the
>>> UK Health Security Agency and National Health Service
>>> in London.
>>>
>>> The report claims:
>>>
>>> Omicron five times likelier to cause reinfections.
>>>
>>> No sign milder than Delta, but some say too early to know.
>>>
>>> Two-dose vaccines offer little or no Omicron protection.
>>>
>>> Link:
>>>
>>> <https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-five-times-more-likely-reinfect-than-delta-study-says-2021-12-17/>
>>>
>>> --
>>> https://www.avg.com
>> We're all doomed.
>> Too many people in the world so we're due for a thinning of the herd.
>> Now how do I keep me and mine safe?
>
> ===
>
> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>
> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>
> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help

Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.

The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
study is required.

Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.

Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
"safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
the cabin air through HEPA filters.

The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.

Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.

Re: Omicron variant

<065c1cc2-a6f8-4407-a907-19d7a20d1082n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3434&group=rec.boats#3434

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 11:50:11 -0800 (PST)
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 19:50 UTC

On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 1:23:45 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
> On 12/18/2021 11:29 AM, waynebatr...@hotmail.com wrote:

> >> We're all doomed.
> >> Too many people in the world so we're due for a thinning of the herd.
> >> Now how do I keep me and mine safe?
> >
> > ===
> >
> > The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
> >
> > https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
> >
> > https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>
> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
> study is required.
>
> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>
> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>
> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>
> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.

==
I agree that there is a lot of conflicting information out there. We'll just have to wait and see. Flying is not something I'd recommend right now regardless of whether or not HEPA filters are effective. There's just too many people in one small space, even outside the planes. The good news is that the Moderna vaccine and booster seem to be fairly effective against the Delta variant based on the statistics that I've seen. The other good news, at least for me, is that south western Florida looks relatively safe right now. That may change as the influx of snowbirds increases.

Re: Omicron variant

<pdksrghracubo0l34pgq49a43q7gvn1e07@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3435&group=rec.boats#3435

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 16:29:38 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 21:29 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>On 12/18/2021 11:29 AM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

>>> We're all doomed.
>>> Too many people in the world so we're due for a thinning of the herd.
>>> Now how do I keep me and mine safe?
>>
>> ===
>>
>> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>>
>> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>>
>> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
>

>Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>
>The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>study is required.

Fauci says he can't imagine the booster will prevent infection so he
certainly isn't convinced.

>Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>
>Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>"safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>
>The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>
>Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.

Yeah and people think a rag across your face is doing something. The
Louisville U study found a brand new, properly fitted KN-95 mask is
about 50% effective against aerosols.
A cloth mask may only be 10% effective.
The virtue signaled is still 100% tho ;-)

Re: Omicron variant

<hmksrgp8pqkkl24n2q43i3r6idkulhd2hh@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3436&group=rec.boats#3436

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 16:35:44 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 21:35 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 11:50:11 -0800 (PST),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 1:23:45 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:

>> > ===
>> >
>> > The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>> >
>> > https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>> >
>> > https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
>> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>>
>> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>> study is required.
>>
>> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>>
>> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>>
>> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>>
>> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.
>
>===
>
>I agree that there is a lot of conflicting information out there. We'll just have to wait and see. Flying is not something I'd recommend right now regardless of whether or not HEPA filters are effective. There's just too many people in one small space, even outside the planes. The good news is that the Moderna vaccine and booster seem to be fairly effective against the Delta variant based on the statistics that I've seen. The other good news, at least for me, is that south western Florida looks relatively safe right now. That may change as the influx of snowbirds increases.

The only thing that seems certain is this thing comes and goes in
waves and things like masks and closures doesn't seem to change
pattern that much. Florida had a wave and it went away without us
doing shit differently. (No mandates at all)

I will be testing that "flying thing" next week. I am boosted so I am
not really worried about dying. I do worry about my wife but this
whole thing is her idea so "you spins the wheel, you takes your
chances".
I worry more about how I will get her and all her gear through the
airport.

Re: Omicron variant

<spllqe$2lc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3437&group=rec.boats#3437

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 22:02:54 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:bHep7C22Y/Q89ZufVguW+6G7JwI=
 by: Bill - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 22:02 UTC

<gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 11:50:11 -0800 (PST),
> "waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>>>
>>> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>>> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>>> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>>> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>>> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>>> study is required.
>>>
>>> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>>> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>>> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>>> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>>> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>>> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>>>
>>> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>>> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>>> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>>> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>>>
>>> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>>> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>>>
>>> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> I agree that there is a lot of conflicting information out there. We'll
>> just have to wait and see. Flying is not something I'd recommend right
>> now regardless of whether or not HEPA filters are effective. There's
>> just too many people in one small space, even outside the planes. The
>> good news is that the Moderna vaccine and booster seem to be fairly
>> effective against the Delta variant based on the statistics that I've
>> seen. The other good news, at least for me, is that south western
>> Florida looks relatively safe right now. That may change as the influx
>> of snowbirds increases.
>
> The only thing that seems certain is this thing comes and goes in
> waves and things like masks and closures doesn't seem to change
> pattern that much. Florida had a wave and it went away without us
> doing shit differently. (No mandates at all)
>
> I will be testing that "flying thing" next week. I am boosted so I am
> not really worried about dying. I do worry about my wife but this
> whole thing is her idea so "you spins the wheel, you takes your
> chances".
> I worry more about how I will get her and all her gear through the
> airport.

Call for a wheel chair and they seem to be very helpful. When my daughter
needed back surgery and was struggling, they got a chair at the curb and
walked her through the system.

Re: Omicron variant

<0e0e35d3-cb47-4fbf-a28d-fd50876a8811n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3438&group=rec.boats#3438

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:17:46 -0800 (PST)
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 22:17 UTC

On Saturday, 18 December 2021 at 12:29:32 UTC-4, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 8:51:05 AM UTC-5, True North wrote:
> > On Saturday, 18 December 2021 at 07:40:44 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
> > > What to believe?
> > > 9
> > > I was just reading a Reuters article published
> > > yesterday (Dec 17th) on a new study of the
> > > Omicron Covid variant done by the
> > > UK Health Security Agency and National Health Service
> > > in London.
> > >
> > > The report claims:
> > >
> > > Omicron five times likelier to cause reinfections.
> > >
> > > No sign milder than Delta, but some say too early to know.
> > >
> > > Two-dose vaccines offer little or no Omicron protection.
> > >
> > > Link:
> > >
> > > <https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-five-times-more-likely-reinfect-than-delta-study-says-2021-12-17/>
> > >
> > > --
> > > https://www.avg.com
> > We're all doomed.
> > Too many people in the world so we're due for a thinning of the herd.
> > Now how do I keep me and mine safe?
> ===
>
> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>
> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>
> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help

Oh no....I just got my booster on Tuesday and ordered Pfizer.

Re: Omicron variant

<t18trgp7bu9ud0fqg7e3ifte598231e4ce@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3439&group=rec.boats#3439

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 22:02:52 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 03:02 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:17:46 -0800 (PST), True North
<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, 18 December 2021 at 12:29:32 UTC-4, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

>> > We're all doomed.
>> > Too many people in the world so we're due for a thinning of the herd.
>> > Now how do I keep me and mine safe?
>> ===
>>
>> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>>
>> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>>
>> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
>

>Oh no....I just got my booster on Tuesday and ordered Pfizer.

Pfizer does seem to be the pick of the litter., It was one advantage
of not just running down right away in a panic and getting the first
shot available. By the time I got my first dose the science was
starting to trickle in. Pfizer seemed to be the best so that is what I
went for. It looks like I made a wise choice.

Re: Omicron variant

<978trghusaukabnqjucq7h3kv0pjk90k0e@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3440&group=rec.boats#3440

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 22:04:36 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 03:04 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 22:02:54 -0000 (UTC), Bill
<califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

><gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 11:50:11 -0800 (PST),

>>> ===
>>>
>>> I agree that there is a lot of conflicting information out there. We'll
>>> just have to wait and see. Flying is not something I'd recommend right
>>> now regardless of whether or not HEPA filters are effective. There's
>>> just too many people in one small space, even outside the planes. The
>>> good news is that the Moderna vaccine and booster seem to be fairly
>>> effective against the Delta variant based on the statistics that I've
>>> seen. The other good news, at least for me, is that south western
>>> Florida looks relatively safe right now. That may change as the influx
>>> of snowbirds increases.
>>
>> The only thing that seems certain is this thing comes and goes in
>> waves and things like masks and closures doesn't seem to change
>> pattern that much. Florida had a wave and it went away without us
>> doing shit differently. (No mandates at all)
>>
>> I will be testing that "flying thing" next week. I am boosted so I am
>> not really worried about dying. I do worry about my wife but this
>> whole thing is her idea so "you spins the wheel, you takes your
>> chances".
>> I worry more about how I will get her and all her gear through the
>> airport.
>>

>Call for a wheel chair and they seem to be very helpful. When my daughter
>needed back surgery and was struggling, they got a chair at the curb and
>walked her through the system.

We already have that and 1st class tickets so it might not be too
horrible but you need to plan on when the system doesn't work.

Re: Omicron variant

<nrWdnU9PM737NCP8nZ2dnUU7-S3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3441&group=rec.boats#3441

Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 22:39:18 -0500
 by: Alex - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 03:39 UTC

waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 8:51:05 AM UTC-5, True North wrote:
>> On Saturday, 18 December 2021 at 07:40:44 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
>>> What to believe?
>>>
>>> I was just reading a Reuters article published
>>> yesterday (Dec 17th) on a new study of the
>>> Omicron Covid variant done by the
>>> UK Health Security Agency and National Health Service
>>> in London.
>>>
>>> The report claims:
>>>
>>> Omicron five times likelier to cause reinfections.
>>>
>>> No sign milder than Delta, but some say too early to know.
>>>
>>> Two-dose vaccines offer little or no Omicron protection.
>>>
>>> Link:
>>>
>>> <https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-five-times-more-likely-reinfect-than-delta-study-says-2021-12-17/>
>>>
>>> --
>>> https://www.avg.com
>> We're all doomed.
>> Too many people in the world so we're due for a thinning of the herd.
>> Now how do I keep me and mine safe?
> ===
>
> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>
> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>
> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help

We thought about waiting on the booster due to the talk of a benefit of
mixing vaccines.  We had the Pfizer vaccine and some reports said, in
our case, a Moderna booster would yield a greater result. That
discussion seemed to stop so we opted for Pfizer to get it done.  I'm
not really sure Moderna would have even been a choice.

Re: Omicron variant

<v46dnTbWMOsbhCL8nZ2dnUU7-S_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3442&group=rec.boats#3442

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:37:42 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 11:37 UTC

On 12/18/2021 2:50 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 1:23:45 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:

>>> ===
>>>
>>> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>>>
>>> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>>>
>>> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
>> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>>
>> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>> study is required.
>>
>> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>>
>> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>>
>> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>>
>> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.
>
> ===
>
> I agree that there is a lot of conflicting information out there. We'll just have to wait and see. Flying is not something I'd recommend right now regardless of whether or not HEPA filters are effective. There's just too many people in one small space, even outside the planes. The good news is that the Moderna vaccine and booster seem to be fairly effective against the Delta variant based on the statistics that I've seen. The other good news, at least for me, is that south western Florida looks relatively safe right now. That may change as the influx of snowbirds increases.

It seems that one condition is solid in terms of reliability, that being
climate and temperatures. In the colder regions like here in MA people
are more likely to be indoors in closer contact with other people. Not
the case in your neck of the woods.

Heard one doc explain that the Delta variant needs to travel to the
lungs in order to infect whereas the Omicron variant only has to get
to the back of the throat to infect. According to him this is why
the Omicron is much more contagious. Time spent exposed to someone
with the Omicron variant can be much shorter than that with Delta or
the previous variants in order to become infected.

Re: Omicron variant

<HtydnVMH3KhohyL8nZ2dnUU7-cfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3443&group=rec.boats#3443

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:43:49 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 11:43 UTC

On 12/18/2021 4:29 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
> wrote:

>>> ===
>>>
>>> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>>>
>>> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>>>
>>> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
>>

>> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>>
>> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>> study is required.
>>

> Fauci says he can't imagine the booster will prevent infection so he
> certainly isn't convinced.
>
>> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>>
>> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>>
>> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>>
>> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.
>>

> Yeah and people think a rag across your face is doing something. The
> Louisville U study found a brand new, properly fitted KN-95 mask is
> about 50% effective against aerosols.
> A cloth mask may only be 10% effective.
> The virtue signaled is still 100% tho ;-)

Did you see the news clips of the guy trying to fly
on one of the airlines wearing a thong on his face?

Airline officials told him he had to leave the aircraft
and most of the other passengers booed when they were
removing him. They were supporting the guy, not the
airlines.

Re: Omicron variant

<HtydnVIH3KhOhiL8nZ2dnUU7-cdh4p2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3444&group=rec.boats#3444

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:47:32 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 11:47 UTC

On 12/18/2021 10:02 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:17:46 -0800 (PST), True North
> <princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> ===
>>>
>>> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>>>
>>> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>>>
>>> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
>>

>> Oh no....I just got my booster on Tuesday and ordered Pfizer.
>
> Pfizer does seem to be the pick of the litter., It was one advantage
> of not just running down right away in a panic and getting the first
> shot available. By the time I got my first dose the science was
> starting to trickle in. Pfizer seemed to be the best so that is what I
> went for. It looks like I made a wise choice.

Yet I've heard several medical experts who seem to think
Moderna had some advantage over Pfizer. Ford or Chevy?

Re: Omicron variant

<8LidndmmpdTCgCL8nZ2dnUU7-N_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3445&group=rec.boats#3445

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:54:08 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 11:54 UTC

On 12/18/2021 4:29 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
> wrote:

>>> ===
>>>
>>> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>>>
>>> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>>>
>>> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
>>

>> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>>
>> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>> study is required.
>>

> Fauci says he can't imagine the booster will prevent infection so he
> certainly isn't convinced.
>
>> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>>
>> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>>
>> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>>
>> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.
>>

> Yeah and people think a rag across your face is doing something. The
> Louisville U study found a brand new, properly fitted KN-95 mask is
> about 50% effective against aerosols.
> A cloth mask may only be 10% effective.
> The virtue signaled is still 100% tho ;-)

Just opened my browser to read about what's going on and the
first headline was about the airline executive (Southwest) who testified
before the Senate claiming that masks are really not necessary
on their aircraft because they filter 100% of the cabin air
through HEPA filters.

The day after his testimony he tested positive for covid.

He is fully vaccinated and received a booster earlier this
year.

Re: Omicron variant

<ofuurg5jeg3si4630dl5u9nguua3q8dtie@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3450&group=rec.boats#3450

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 13:31:43 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 18:31 UTC

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:37:42 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>It seems that one condition is solid in terms of reliability, that being
>climate and temperatures. In the colder regions like here in MA people
>are more likely to be indoors in closer contact with other people. Not
>the case in your neck of the woods.

Heat and A/C makes that distinction somewhat meaningless. In August in
Florida I suspect people go out about as often as January in Mass.
That is particularly true of northerners who burst into flame when it
is over 85.

Re: Omicron variant

<vkuurgha0iuq4hk2e70vnjesdii0kd85ta@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3451&group=rec.boats#3451

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 13:36:20 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 18:36 UTC

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:43:49 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>On 12/18/2021 4:29 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>>>
>>> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>>> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>>> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>>> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>>> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>>> study is required.
>>>

>> Fauci says he can't imagine the booster will prevent infection so he
>> certainly isn't convinced.
>>
>>> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>>> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>>> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>>> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>>> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>>> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>>>
>>> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>>> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>>> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>>> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>>>
>>> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>>> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>>>
>>> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.
>>>

>> Yeah and people think a rag across your face is doing something. The
>> Louisville U study found a brand new, properly fitted KN-95 mask is
>> about 50% effective against aerosols.
>> A cloth mask may only be 10% effective.
>> The virtue signaled is still 100% tho ;-)
>>

>Did you see the news clips of the guy trying to fly
>on one of the airlines wearing a thong on his face?
>
>Airline officials told him he had to leave the aircraft
>and most of the other passengers booed when they were
>removing him. They were supporting the guy, not the
>airlines.

My wife went off on that too (She is a Branch Covidian)
I brought her a pair of her panties and one of the cloth masks she
bought me (unused after 22 months) and defied her to show me the
difference in the fabric.
They were both some man made fabric, one layer.
The store bought mask signals all the virtue you are required to
anywhere. The thong sends a totally different signal but the
protection would be the same ... virtually nil.

Re: Omicron variant

<ntuurg57i5p0ntr2476a9ttm6mqf7ag0eg@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3452&group=rec.boats#3452

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 13:45:25 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 18:45 UTC

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:47:32 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>On 12/18/2021 10:02 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:17:46 -0800 (PST), True North
>> <princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Oh no....I just got my booster on Tuesday and ordered Pfizer.
>>
>> Pfizer does seem to be the pick of the litter., It was one advantage
>> of not just running down right away in a panic and getting the first
>> shot available. By the time I got my first dose the science was
>> starting to trickle in. Pfizer seemed to be the best so that is what I
>> went for. It looks like I made a wise choice.
>
>Yet I've heard several medical experts who seem to think
>Moderna had some advantage over Pfizer. Ford or Chevy?

In that same interview last Thursday Father Fauci said the Moderna has
a higher incidence of the heart problems but it really only affects
young men. That ain't us. ;-)

It turns out the J&J is a clot shot and not particularly effective. It
may not work on Omicron at all.
Fauci said he doesn't think any of them protects you from infection,
it only decreases you chance of dying. (Thursday) I am OK with that.

After the Thursday interview I think Fauci may be stepping away from
the company line and I expect to see him retiring soon. Then it will
be interesting what he says. I guess it will depend on which network
he gets the special contributor contract with.
He has come full circle from saying "80% of Covid cases will cure
spontaneously" to "this is the plague of the 21st century" and now
starting to lose some of the hyperbole again.

Re: Omicron variant

<ffvurgp3qtcpa0p1c6emhs7f5tdtgi9uv9@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3453&group=rec.boats#3453

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 13:48:30 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 18:48 UTC

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:54:08 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
wrote:

>On 12/18/2021 4:29 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>>>
>>> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>>> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>>> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>>> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>>> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>>> study is required.
>>>

>> Fauci says he can't imagine the booster will prevent infection so he
>> certainly isn't convinced.
>>
>>> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>>> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>>> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>>> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>>> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>>> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>>>
>>> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>>> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>>> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>>> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>>>
>>> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>>> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>>>
>>> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.
>>>

>> Yeah and people think a rag across your face is doing something. The
>> Louisville U study found a brand new, properly fitted KN-95 mask is
>> about 50% effective against aerosols.
>> A cloth mask may only be 10% effective.
>> The virtue signaled is still 100% tho ;-)
>>

>Just opened my browser to read about what's going on and the
>first headline was about the airline executive (Southwest) who testified
>before the Senate claiming that masks are really not necessary
>on their aircraft because they filter 100% of the cabin air
>through HEPA filters.
>
>The day after his testimony he tested positive for covid.
>
>He is fully vaccinated and received a booster earlier this
>year.

I said when this started, we are all probably going to get it
eventually.
I am flying this week, going to a hot spot (Michigan) and I will be
shocked if I don't have it when I get home.

Re: Omicron variant

<194ccf9a-33dd-4df9-a6db-13bf4d34110bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3455&group=rec.boats#3455

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 11:01:09 -0800 (PST)
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 19:01 UTC

On Sunday, December 19, 2021 at 1:48:39 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:54:08 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On 12/18/2021 4:29 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

> >> Fauci says he can't imagine the booster will prevent infection so he
> >> certainly isn't convinced.

> >> Yeah and people think a rag across your face is doing something. The
> >> Louisville U study found a brand new, properly fitted KN-95 mask is
> >> about 50% effective against aerosols.
> >> A cloth mask may only be 10% effective.
> >> The virtue signaled is still 100% tho ;-)
> >>

> >Just opened my browser to read about what's going on and the
> >first headline was about the airline executive (Southwest) who testified
> >before the Senate claiming that masks are really not necessary
> >on their aircraft because they filter 100% of the cabin air
> >through HEPA filters.
> >
> >The day after his testimony he tested positive for covid.
> >
> >He is fully vaccinated and received a booster earlier this
> >year.
> I said when this started, we are all probably going to get it
> eventually.
> I am flying this week, going to a hot spot (Michigan) and I will be
> shocked if I don't have it when I get home.

===
If you do, hopefully it will be a milder case. Otherwise you get a full refund on the cost of the booster. :-)

Re: Omicron variant

<2at1sgd2uvnsekufodec7np4031lsmjdf2@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3458&group=rec.boats#3458

From: rob...@mr_robot.com (Mr Robot)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 13:28:07 -0800
 by: Mr Robot - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 21:28 UTC

wrote:

>On 12/18/2021 11:29 AM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

>>> We're all doomed.
>>> Too many people in the world so we're due for a thinning of the herd.
>>> Now how do I keep me and mine safe?
>>
>> ===
>>
>> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>>
>> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>>
>> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
>

>Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>
>The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>study is required.
>
>Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>
>Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>"safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>
>The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>
>Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.

Feel free to gargle with bleach if that's what Dumby says will work.

Re: Omicron variant

<bct1sg5mr3o587evbimsu0qilqrugtrvm0@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3459&group=rec.boats#3459

From: rob...@mr_robot.com (Mr Robot)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 13:29:50 -0800
 by: Mr Robot - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 21:29 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 16:35:44 -0500, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 11:50:11 -0800 (PST),
>"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>>>
>>> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>>> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>>> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>>> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>>> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>>> study is required.
>>>
>>> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>>> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>>> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>>> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>>> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>>> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>>>
>>> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>>> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>>> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>>> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>>>
>>> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>>> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>>>
>>> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.
>>
>>===
>>
>>I agree that there is a lot of conflicting information out there. We'll just have to wait and see. Flying is not something I'd recommend right now regardless of whether or not HEPA filters are effective. There's just too many people in one small space, even outside the planes. The good news is that the Moderna vaccine and booster seem to be fairly effective against the Delta variant based on the statistics that I've seen. The other good news, at least for me, is that south western Florida looks relatively safe right now. That may change as the influx of snowbirds increases.
>
>The only thing that seems certain is this thing comes and goes in
>waves and things like masks and closures doesn't seem to change
>pattern that much. Florida had a wave and it went away without us
>doing shit differently. (No mandates at all)
>
>I will be testing that "flying thing" next week. I am boosted so I am
>not really worried about dying. I do worry about my wife but this
>whole thing is her idea so "you spins the wheel, you takes your
>chances".
>I worry more about how I will get her and all her gear through the
>airport.

The masks don't work, because of assholes who don't wear them.
Closures work, but DeMoron won't listen to the science. You're just
lying about Florida. But, that's what you do.

Oh and fuck you and fuck Judy.

Re: Omicron variant

<cqidnXxcTJTGXVz8nZ2dnUU7-V_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3467&group=rec.boats#3467

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 06:54:04 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: noth...@noland.com (Mr. Luddite)
 by: Mr. Luddite - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 11:54 UTC

On 12/20/2021 4:28 PM, Mr Robot wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
> wrote:

>>> ===
>>>
>>> The Moderna booster shot has been reported as effective against the Omicron variant. Let's hope that's true. We got ours more than a month ago. Stay healthy everyone.
>>>
>>> https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211216/omicron-evades-moderna
>>>
>>> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/15/1064202754/omicron-evades-moderna-vaccine-too-study-suggests-but-boosters-help
>>

>> Wayne this was the reason for my post on this.
>>
>> The London study is in direct contradiction to what we are being told
>> here in the USA by the CDC, Fauci and others. They claim the MRMA
>> vaccines are effective against Omicron. The London study says they
>> are *not*. CDC and Fauci claim the Omicron is a milder form of the
>> virus. The London study suggests that is not true, although further
>> study is required.
>>
>> Friday, the number of new Covid cases in MA was the highest since last
>> January, almost a year ago. A high percentage of the MA population
>> are fully vaccinated, mask wearing is encouraged and common, yet we
>> are going backwards in terms of reducing Covid spread. The other
>> thing that is bothersome is that 97 percent of new cases are of the
>> Delta variant. Omicron is just getting started.
>>
>> Lastly, I listened to the president of one of the major airlines
>> yesterday claiming that flying in one of their airplanes is the
>> "safest" place to be because they are constantly recirculating
>> the cabin air through HEPA filters.
>>
>> The airlines have been doing that for years. A HEPA rated filter
>> can remove particles in the air down to 3 microns in size.
>>
>> Problem is .... the covid virus is only *1* micron in diameter.
>>

> Feel free to gargle with bleach if that's what Dumby says will work.

If you are seeking some credibility here you might want to cite
some of the bullshit you are regurgitating. In this case, you can't
because Trump never said to drink or inject bleach. It's just
another "extension" of what liberal Trump haters like to think
he said.

You really shouldn't try to impress anyone with your knowledge
or intelligence. You have very little of either and your attempts
just don't become you.