Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes? -- Indiana Jones, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

interests / rec.motorcycles / Re: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way

SubjectAuthor
* Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the otherbadgolferman
`* Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikerscorvid
 `* Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the otherbadgolferman
  +- Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikerscorvid
  `* Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikerscorvid
   `* Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikersSnag
    `* Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikerscorvid
     `- Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikerscorvid

1
Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way

<ssdejr$1tho$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=336&group=rec.motorcycles#336

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
Subject: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 04:59:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 04:59 UTC

Why cagers turning left are the most dangerous to bikers
https://youtu.be/SwsttyjeJlQ?t=37

Re: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way

<ssdj7p$15om$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=337&group=rec.motorcycles#337

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
Subject: Re: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers
coming the other way
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:18:32 -0800
 by: corvid - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 06:18 UTC

On 1/20/22 20:59, badgolferman wrote:
> Why cagers turning left are the most dangerous to bikers
> https://youtu.be/SwsttyjeJlQ?t=37

A bike thief. Lane-splitting, emerging from between two cars at very
high speed just before reaching an intersection.

I'm not confident that you would have seen that fool coming either.

Re: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way

<ssdlaa$1qpp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=338&group=rec.motorcycles#338

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 06:54:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 06:54 UTC

corvid <bl@ckb.ird> wrote:

> I'm not confident that you would have seen that fool coming either.

The biker died after he hit the front end of the cager turning left.
The two cagers went to the hospital (probably only for the lawsuit).

The police made a statement that said they were absolutely not chasing him.
At least they were not chasing him on the ground.
Obviously there was that helicopter which was tracking him from the air.
But no indication yet that the biker knew the helicopter was above him.

Still, the cager turned left in front of him and you saw what happened.

The most dangerous time for a biker is when a cager coming from the opposite
direction turns left in an intersection and this video shows what happens.

Re: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way

<ssenc3$1gpr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=339&group=rec.motorcycles#339

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
coming the other way
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:35:14 -0800
 by: corvid - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:35 UTC

On 1/20/22 22:54, badgolferman wrote:
> corvid <bl@ckb.ird> wrote:
>
>> I'm not confident that you would have seen that fool coming
>> either.
>
> The biker died after he hit the front end of the cager turning left.
> The two cagers went to the hospital (probably only for the lawsuit).
>
> The police made a statement that said they were absolutely not
> chasing him. At least they were not chasing him on the ground.
> Obviously there was that helicopter which was tracking him from the
> air. But no indication yet that the biker knew the helicopter was
> above him.

And he was whipping thru city streets at 100mph anyway.

> Still, the cager turned left in front of him and you saw what
> happened.

I rewound and played the video at 0.5x speed, several times.
The bike was nowhere in sight when that car began turning, it was far
back *behind* other cars. Then it shot out at insanely high speed from
between two cars and into the intersection.

The bike thief wouldn't have done that stupid move if he could have seen
the left-turning car ahead. HIS fault that they couldn't see him either.

> The most dangerous time for a biker is when a cager coming from the
> opposite direction turns left in an intersection and this video shows
> what happens.

OK, but that isn't what I get from this video.

Re: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way

<ssfomb$1kj9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=340&group=rec.motorcycles#340

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
coming the other way
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 18:03:54 -0800
 by: corvid - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 02:03 UTC

On 1/20/22 22:54, badgolferman wrote:
> The most dangerous time for a biker is when a cager coming from the
> opposite direction turns left in an intersection and this video shows
> what happens.

I have a sensible riding posture on my bike, with my feet below my hips.
I decided long ago that when my bike hits a car head-on like that, I'll
jump up and go over the car.

Re: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way

<ssg2fe$bdp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=341&group=rec.motorcycles#341

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles
coming the other way
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:50:57 -0600
 by: Snag - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 04:50 UTC

On 1/21/2022 8:03 PM, corvid wrote:
> On 1/20/22 22:54, badgolferman wrote:
>> The most dangerous time for a biker is when a cager coming from the
>> opposite direction turns left in an intersection and this video shows
>> what happens.
>
> I have a sensible riding posture on my bike, with my feet below my hips.
> I decided long ago that when my bike hits a car head-on like that, I'll
> jump up and go over the car.

Ain't been ridin' long have you kid . Let me tell you from experience
that shit happens so fast you often don't even have time to think OH SHI
before impact . I suggest you practice "SIPDE" - Scan the traffic around
you - Identify potential problems - Predict what's going to happen -
Decide your action and finally , Execute the maneuver that you have
decided will be most beneficial .
And always wear protective gear , even jeans , boots , jacket , helmet
and gloves will help . Everybody doesn't necessarily need a full racing
quality suit ...
--
Snag
My rights don't end

Re: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way

<ssg6rp$1ms3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=342&group=rec.motorcycles#342

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles
coming the other way
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:05:44 -0800
 by: corvid - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 06:05 UTC

On 1/21/22 20:50, Snag wrote:
> On 1/21/2022 8:03 PM, corvid wrote:
>> On 1/20/22 22:54, badgolferman wrote:
>>> The most dangerous time for a biker is when a cager coming from
>>> the opposite direction turns left in an intersection and this
>>> video shows what happens.
>>
>> I have a sensible riding posture on my bike, with my feet below my
>> hips. I decided long ago that when my bike hits a car head-on like
>> that, I'll jump up and go over the car.
>
> Ain't been ridin' long have you kid . Let me tell you from experience

Started around 1970.

> that shit happens so fast you often don't even have time to think OH
> SHI before impact . I suggest you practice "SIPDE" - Scan the traffic
> around you - Identify potential problems - Predict what's going to
> happen - Decide your action and finally , Execute the maneuver that
> you have decided will be most beneficial .

Sounds about the same as what I said, with good SIP habits added. But
when "shit happens so fast" allows no time for D? You'll be the bike
thief in that video.

> And always wear protective gear , even jeans , boots , jacket ,
> helmet and gloves will help . Everybody doesn't necessarily need a
> full racing quality suit ...

You got any scalpel-like pieces on the Harley?
I see spiky Crown gas caps (ouch!), pointy grips and mirrors and axle
nut covers and I can't remember what else on ebay.

Re: Why you cagers turning left are the most dangerous to we bikers coming the other way

<suab78$5kn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=343&group=rec.motorcycles#343

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles
coming the other way
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 23:15:52 -0800
 by: corvid - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 07:15 UTC

On 1/21/22 22:05, corvid wrote:

> You got any scalpel-like pieces on the Harley? I see spiky Crown gas
> caps (ouch!), pointy grips and mirrors and axle nut covers and I
> can't remember what else on ebay.

Why is there a ball end on the brake lever?

https://i.postimg.cc/pTbq7Rq9/impaler.jpg