Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:25:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Barbera, Loires, Rieslings, Jura, Champagne, Bdx,
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 18:25 UTC

Jalapeno pork chops, rice, salad
2017 Giovanni Rosso Donna Margherita Barbera d’Alba
Juicy,moderate acids, east to drink. B

Wednesday at the park. Oysters, kielbasa (hunters and garlic), goose pate, tongue headcheese, Asian slaw, smoked salmon
2021 Boulay Chavignol Sancerre
Refreshing, citrus laced with white pepper and a touch of grass, long chalky finish, very good,. B+

2021 Edmunds St John Rose
Fuller bodied, but with good acids, I see from label this is 30% syrah, not all Gamay. Good with meats, if maybe not as bright as usual, fun, B+/B

Family birthday party for Dana.

Torres Jamon chips, goose pate, smoked salmon
NV Seleque “La Quintette” Champagne
Snappy, elegant mousse, Bosc pear with citrus zest, a little brioche. B+/A-

Main was Gochugaru shrimp with seaweed grits, corn, salad
2020 Pepiere Le Pepie MUscadet
Tangy, light, saline.B/B+

2015 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett
A good wine drunk at the wrong time. Really shut down. The light sweetness good with the shrimp,but nothing to see here. B-/C+ for drinking now, for what is a much better wine.

And Betsy made a beautiful peach upside down cake

Just us Friday, with skirt steak, potatoes,sugar snap peas
2000 Ch. Lagrange (St Julien)
I’ve got a lot of 2000s, nice wines that often don’t show much terroir. This has plenty of St Julien tobacco and dirt. Some tannic structure, good acids, no hurry, but drinking well. Cassis, black plum, tobacco, soil, hint of mushroom. B+/A-

Dana’s last night before returning to Bay Area, Betsy made clams and mussels with chile bread crumbs (Polpo-cookbook).
2019 Domaine du Pelican Savagnin Ouille Arbois
I’ve liked other vintages, but this not so much. Citrus, pineapple, but with a bitter pine needle overlay that really bothers me. Luckily I had leftover SB, Muscadet, and Riesling around. C+

Sunday oysters,Eric Kim’s double fried fried chicken with sweet jalapeno glaze, rice, snow peas,
2015 Julian Haart Ohligsberg Spatlese
As I was opening I thought maybe this wasn’t a great idea, considering shut down Prum ‘15. No problem here! Nectarine, citrus, and a little petrol. Full bodied but with racy acid support. I’m really sorry I think this is my only bottle A-/B+

No wine last night (salmon, pesto/pea pasta).

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.