For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.

interests / soc.culture.china / Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian market

SubjectAuthor
* Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian marketltlee1
+- Re: Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian marketRusty Wyse
+- Re: Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian marketRusty Wyse
+- Re: Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian marketByker
`- Re: Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian marketltlee1

1
Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian market

<d8543f15-9afb-4796-b5b2-da856b30e7e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3458&group=soc.culture.china#3458

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 06:09:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian market
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 13:09 UTC

"BRUSSELS, July 13 (Xinhua) -- Responding to rising demand for long-range electric cars in Belgium, Chinese e-car manufacturer Aiways and Cardoen, its exclusive sales and service partner in the country, have jointly exhibited Aiways's U5 model at Cardoen's showroom in Wilrijk, near Antwerp, since January 2021.

The U5 is an all-electric battery-powered compact sport utility vehicle (SUV), which the Shanghai-based company brought to the European market in 2020..

"We have chosen Aiways because we are focused on private consumers who have to pay for the car themselves," Ivo Willems, commercial director at Cardoen Autosupermarkt, told Xinhua. "Aiways offers top quality at a low price. These vehicles have a very bright future in this country."

This latest deal with Aiways is a confidence boost for Cardoen as well, which is already the largest online car sales company in Belgium."

http://en.people.cn/n3/2021/0714/c90000-9871720.html

Re: Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian market

<a83a1605-c5ea-4e01-b8aa-762c74c555cdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3461&group=soc.culture.china#3461

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 08:47:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 15:47 UTC

On Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 6:09:23 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> "BRUSSELS, July 13 (Xinhua) -- Responding to rising demand for long-range electric cars in Belgium, Chinese e-car manufacturer Aiways and Cardoen, its exclusive sales and service partner in the country, have jointly exhibited Aiways's U5 model at Cardoen's showroom in Wilrijk, near Antwerp, since January 2021.
>
> The U5 is an all-electric battery-powered compact sport utility vehicle (SUV), which the Shanghai-based company brought to the European market in 2020.
>
> "We have chosen Aiways because we are focused on private consumers who have to pay for the car themselves," Ivo Willems, commercial director at Cardoen Autosupermarkt, told Xinhua. "Aiways offers top quality at a low price. These vehicles have a very bright future in this country."
>
> This latest deal with Aiways is a confidence boost for Cardoen as well, which is already the largest online car sales company in Belgium."
>
> http://en.people.cn/n3/2021/0714/c90000-9871720.html

Hummmm!!
Where is Tesla???

Re: Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian market

<16f4771a-0960-4017-9510-6adc1a7abe44n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3513&group=soc.culture.china#3513

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:56:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 17:56 UTC

On Friday, July 16, 2021 at 12:14:35 AM UTC-7, kawaga wrote:
> Electric car needs charging station outside of houses, shops, and offices,
> and along road distances to recharge battery.

Tesla put in 12 charging stations in Merced this year, and there were about half a dozen cars using them every time I drove by...

> The challenge is how to provide them without surging with power drops from
> tapping the overhead power lines.
>
> Also, recharging electricity of car battery takes time - something like one
> to two hours of recharging time.
>
> Electric car's recharging takes up car lot space and public parking's
> charging time.
>
> As electric car creates long waiting time for recharging, it can cause
> interruption in travel continuation.
>
> Henceforth, more research is needed to tackle recharging issues such as
> enough of convenient charging points, and also shorter charging time, too.
> "ltlee1" wrote in message
> "BRUSSELS, July 13 (Xinhua) -- Responding to rising demand for long-range
> electric cars in Belgium, Chinese e-car manufacturer Aiways and Cardoen, its
> exclusive sales and service partner in the country, have jointly exhibited
> Aiways's U5 model at Cardoen's showroom in Wilrijk, near Antwerp, since
> January 2021.
>
> The U5 is an all-electric battery-powered compact sport utility vehicle
> (SUV), which the Shanghai-based company brought to the European market in
> 2020.
>
> "We have chosen Aiways because we are focused on private consumers who have
> to pay for the car themselves," Ivo Willems, commercial director at Cardoen
> Autosupermarkt, told Xinhua. "Aiways offers top quality at a low price.
> These vehicles have a very bright future in this country."
>
> This latest deal with Aiways is a confidence boost for Cardoen as well,
> which is already the largest online car sales company in Belgium."
>
> http://en.people.cn/n3/2021/0714/c90000-9871720.htm

Re: Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian market

<DKednW2g-oLtQWz9nZ2dnUU7-UfNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3517&group=soc.culture.china#3517

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,alt.global-warming,can.politics,uk.politics.misc
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:22:23 -0500
 by: Byker - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 19:22 UTC

"kitaro." wrote in message news:scr8ju$fk3$1@dont-email.me...

> The market demand for low cost cars is growing in many parts of European
> countries. With mass production, electric car can be produced cheaper and
> can be priced lower and can reach more budget conscious users.

Of course nothing is said about the charging problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLcqJ2DclEg

Re: Chinese electric car breaks into Belgian market

<09b6f0b3-2a93-4153-9c4a-75310f54f81en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3520&group=soc.culture.china#3520

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 15:09:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 22:09 UTC

On Friday, July 16, 2021 at 3:14:35 AM UTC-4, kawaga wrote:
> Electric car needs charging station outside of houses, shops, and offices,
> and along road distances to recharge battery.
>
> The challenge is how to provide them without surging with power drops from
> tapping the overhead power lines.
>
> Also, recharging electricity of car battery takes time - something like one
> to two hours of recharging time.
>
> Electric car's recharging takes up car lot space and public parking's
> charging time.
>
> As electric car creates long waiting time for recharging, it can cause
> interruption in travel continuation.

The US is behind the curve in providing charging stations for EVs.
"There are about 42,000 public charging stations in the U.S., but only about 5,000 are considered direct-current fast chargers, according to the Department of Energy. The rest require roughly eight hours to fully charge longer-range batteries.
The higher cost of fast-charging stations is an issue President Joe Biden’s administration will have to take into account as it develops incentives to encourage companies and governments to build more charging stations. The administration’s goal is to have 500,000 charging stations nationwide by 2030."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/electrify-america-to-double-ev-charging-stations-by-2025/2021/07/13/29ce4512-e3e9-11eb-88c5-4fd6382c47cb_story..html

EU nations are better.
"The charging network is growing, but there are significant differences in
deployment across the EU 29 In its 2017 action plan on alternative fuels infrastructure, the Commission
estimated that the number of publicly accessible charging points would have to
increase from the 118 000 available at the time to 440 000 in 2020, and to about
2 million in 2025. The 2019 Green Deal updated the estimate for 2025 to 1 million
public charging points. The 2020 Sustainable and Smart Mobility Strategy identified a
need for 3 million public charging points by 2030. "

https://www.eca.europa.eu/Lists/ECADocuments/SR21_05/SR_Electrical_charging_infrastructure_EN.pdf