Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIMM11 Final, Rounds 9-10: geography, challenge
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 03:30:58 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 09:30 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2011-07-25,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of the Misplaced Modifiers, but have been reformatted
and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

** Final, Round 9 - Geography

* Virginia

1. In what city would you find the second-oldest university in
the United States, the College of William and Mary?

2. Thomas Jefferson designed the first buildings of the University
of Virginia. In what town, near Jefferson's Monticello estate,
would you find that campus?

3. In which city on the James River would you find Jefferson Davis's
wartime home, the so-called "White House of the Confederacy"?

* Lakes of Ontario

We give you an outline of a lake that is wholly or partly in
Ontario. You identify the lake. The maps are drawn to different
scales, but north is always at the top; and the arrow in each case
identifies the outflow from the lake.

4. http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/gfr9/lake/4.png
5. http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/gfr9/lake/5.png
6. http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/gfr9/lake/6.png

* Adriatic Croatia

7. In the year 305, the Emperor Diocletian retired to his massive
palace on the Adriatic coast. The palace, which covered an area
of nearly 10 acres (4 ha), serves """today""" as the historic
center of Croatia's """second-largest""" city. What city?

8. This fortified city on the south Adriatic coast only officially
took its Croatian name in 1918. For centuries prior to that,
it had existed as an important maritime republic under the
name Ragusa. How is it known """today"""?

9. Croatia's central and southern coastline were part of which
Roman province, which extended south as far as Albania?

* Not England

From the descriptions, name these UK cities that are not in England.

10. Situated on the southwest coast of Wales, this city has a
population of 175,000. During its 19th-century industrial
heyday it was a key center of the world copper industry,
earning the nickname "Copperopolis".

11. This """is""" Scotland's third-most-populous city, and the
UK's 25th. Nicknames include "The Granite City" and "Oil Capital
of Europe". The area around the city has been settled for over
8,000 years.

12. The """4th-biggest""" city on the island of Ireland lies on
the west bank of the river Foyle. A royal charter in the
17th century gave the city its """current""" official name,
although residents generally """call""" it by its original name.
Give either.

* The Lowest Points on Earth

13. From the Sea of Galilee, this valley descends to the Dead
Sea -- the lowest point on land at """423 m (about 1,390 feet)"""
below sea level. What is the name of the valley?

14. Death Valley is a desert valley known for being well below sea
level. Within the desert is a basin containing the lowest
point in North America, 86 m (282 feet) below sea level.
What's the name of this basin?

15. This lake in Australia lies 15 m (50 feet) below sea level
and 700 km (435 miles) north of Adelaide. On the rare occasions
when it's filled with water, it is also Australia's largest lake.
Name it.

** Final, Round 10 - Challenge Round

* A. Ontario Party Leaders

Name the leaders of the Ontario political parties after these
famous defeats.

A1. After Bob Rae's defeat, name either the interim leader or
the next leader of the NDP.

A2. After David Peterson's defeat, name any one of the interim
leaders or the next leader of the Liberal party.

A3. After Frank Miller's defeat, name the next PC leader.

* B. Stock Market Lingo

B1. What is the popular name given to the surge in the price
of stocks that often occurs in the week between Christmas
and New Year's?

B2. What expression refers to a short-lived jump in the price
of a stock that has been subject to a steep decline?

B3. According to the old Wall Street adage, in what month should
you "sell and go away"?

* C. Religious Dietary Laws

C1. It's called the "Word" of Wisdom and it was revealed
to the faithful in 1833. Among a number of dietary laws,
it discourages "hot drinks" and non-medicinal tobacco.
*Which religious group* follows the "Word of Wisdom"?

C2. What faith observes the laws of the "kashrut"?

C3. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you
are finished with the previous question. Whqnvfz unf vgf
xbfure sbbqf; Vfynz unf vgf Unyny sbbqf. Jub pbafhzrf bayl
Vgny sbbqf?

* D. Harry Potter

In honor of the release of the """last""" of the Potter films...

D1. What is the name of Harry's schoolboy nemesis?
The blond-haired troublemaker is adept at the wizard game
of quidditch and spends his time creating problems for
Harry and his friends.

D2. Harry's middle name was his father's given name. What is it?

D3. Name the plump, forgetful boy who appears as a comic foil
through the series but emerges as something more in the
finale.

* E. Latin Imperatives

Latin has an authoritative ring, doesn't it? Translate into
English each of the following Latin commands or exhortations.
(Approximate answers are acceptable.)

E1. Nosce te ipsum.
E2. Noli me tangere.
E3. Ora pro nobis.

* F. TV to Big Screen

F1. The long-running science fiction TV series "Doctor Who"
has featured many actors in the title role. In the mid
1960's two feature films were also made -- "Dr. Who and
the Daleks" and "Daleks Invasion Earth 2150". Who played
Who in both of those movies?

F2. The Monkees were riding high on the success of their
TV show when they made this oddly groovy movie in 1968.
Written by Jack Nicholson and Bob Rafelson, what was this
loony stream-of-consciousness ramble called?

F3. Barbara Feldon played Agent 99 on television. Who took on
the role for the 2008 "Get Smart" movie?

--
Mark Brader | "The closest I can get to describing her is to compare
Toronto | the feeling one gets from picking up a ten-card suit..."

Re: RQFTCIMM11 Final, Rounds 9-10: geography, challenge

<so893h$8iq$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3468&group=rec.games.trivia#3468

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 16:49:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 16:49 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> ** Final, Round 9 - Geography

> * Virginia

> 1. In what city would you find the second-oldest university in
> the United States, the College of William and Mary?

Williamsburg

> 2. Thomas Jefferson designed the first buildings of the University
> of Virginia. In what town, near Jefferson's Monticello estate,
> would you find that campus?

Charlottesville

> 3. In which city on the James River would you find Jefferson Davis's
> wartime home, the so-called "White House of the Confederacy"?

Richmond

> * Adriatic Croatia

> 7. In the year 305, the Emperor Diocletian retired to his massive
> palace on the Adriatic coast. The palace, which covered an area
> of nearly 10 acres (4 ha), serves """today""" as the historic
> center of Croatia's """second-largest""" city. What city?

Split

> 8. This fortified city on the south Adriatic coast only officially
> took its Croatian name in 1918. For centuries prior to that,
> it had existed as an important maritime republic under the
> name Ragusa. How is it known """today"""?

Dubrovnik

> 9. Croatia's central and southern coastline were part of which
> Roman province, which extended south as far as Albania?

Dalmatia

> * Not England

> 10. Situated on the southwest coast of Wales, this city has a
> population of 175,000. During its 19th-century industrial
> heyday it was a key center of the world copper industry,
> earning the nickname "Copperopolis".

Cardiff; Aberstywyth

> 11. This """is""" Scotland's third-most-populous city, and the
> UK's 25th. Nicknames include "The Granite City" and "Oil Capital
> of Europe". The area around the city has been settled for over
> 8,000 years.

Aberdeen

> 12. The """4th-biggest""" city on the island of Ireland lies on
> the west bank of the river Foyle. A royal charter in the
> 17th century gave the city its """current""" official name,
> although residents generally """call""" it by its original name.
> Give either.

Derry

> * B. Stock Market Lingo

> B2. What expression refers to a short-lived jump in the price
> of a stock that has been subject to a steep decline?

dead cat bounce

> B3. According to the old Wall Street adage, in what month should
> you "sell and go away"?

May

> * C. Religious Dietary Laws

> C1. It's called the "Word" of Wisdom and it was revealed
> to the faithful in 1833. Among a number of dietary laws,
> it discourages "hot drinks" and non-medicinal tobacco.
> *Which religious group* follows the "Word of Wisdom"?

Mormons

> C2. What faith observes the laws of the "kashrut"?

Judaism

> C3. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you
> are finished with the previous question. Whqnvfz unf vgf
> xbfure sbbqf; Vfynz unf vgf Unyny sbbqf. Jub pbafhzrf bayl
> Vgny sbbqf?

Jains; Zoroastrians

> * D. Harry Potter

> D1. What is the name of Harry's schoolboy nemesis?
> The blond-haired troublemaker is adept at the wizard game
> of quidditch and spends his time creating problems for
> Harry and his friends.

Draco Malfoy

> D2. Harry's middle name was his father's given name. What is it?

James

> D3. Name the plump, forgetful boy who appears as a comic foil
> through the series but emerges as something more in the
> finale.

Neville Longbottom

> * E. Latin Imperatives

> E2. Noli me tangere.

don't touch me

> * F. TV to Big Screen

> F1. The long-running science fiction TV series "Doctor Who"
> has featured many actors in the title role. In the mid
> 1960's two feature films were also made -- "Dr. Who and
> the Daleks" and "Daleks Invasion Earth 2150". Who played
> Who in both of those movies?

Pertwee

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCIMM11 Final, Rounds 9-10: geography, challenge

<XnsADF3D7440C341Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3469&group=rec.games.trivia#3469

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 21:09:41 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 20:09 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> ** Final, Round 9 - Geography
>
> * Adriatic Croatia
>
> 7. In the year 305, the Emperor Diocletian retired to his massive
> palace on the Adriatic coast. The palace, which covered an area
> of nearly 10 acres (4 ha), serves """today""" as the historic
> center of Croatia's """second-largest""" city. What city?

Split
> 8. This fortified city on the south Adriatic coast only officially
> took its Croatian name in 1918. For centuries prior to that,
> it had existed as an important maritime republic under the
> name Ragusa. How is it known """today"""?

Dubrovnik
> * Not England
>
> From the descriptions, name these UK cities that are not in England.
>
> 10. Situated on the southwest coast of Wales, this city has a
> population of 175,000. During its 19th-century industrial
> heyday it was a key center of the world copper industry,
> earning the nickname "Copperopolis".

Swansea
> 11. This """is""" Scotland's third-most-populous city, and the
> UK's 25th. Nicknames include "The Granite City" and "Oil Capital
> of Europe". The area around the city has been settled for over
> 8,000 years.

Aberdeen
> 12. The """4th-biggest""" city on the island of Ireland lies on
> the west bank of the river Foyle. A royal charter in the
> 17th century gave the city its """current""" official name,
> although residents generally """call""" it by its original name.
> Give either.

Londonderry
> * The Lowest Points on Earth
>
> 13. From the Sea of Galilee, this valley descends to the Dead
> Sea -- the lowest point on land at """423 m (about 1,390 feet)"""
> below sea level. What is the name of the valley?

Jordan Valley
> 15. This lake in Australia lies 15 m (50 feet) below sea level
> and 700 km (435 miles) north of Adelaide. On the rare occasions
> when it's filled with water, it is also Australia's largest lake.
> Name it.

Eire
> ** Final, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Ontario Party Leaders
>
> * B. Stock Market Lingo
>
> B2. What expression refers to a short-lived jump in the price
> of a stock that has been subject to a steep decline?

Bounce
> B3. According to the old Wall Street adage, in what month should
> you "sell and go away"?

August
> C3. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you
> are finished with the previous question. Whqnvfz unf vgf
> xbfure sbbqf; Vfynz unf vgf Unyny sbbqf. Jub pbafhzrf bayl
> Vgny sbbqf?

> E2. Noli me tangere.

Don't touch me

> E3. Ora pro nobis.

Talk to us

Re: RQFTCIMM11 Final, Rounds 9-10: geography, challenge

<ca6064b0-bcbb-4a55-93d9-dd57df7ebbbcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3470&group=rec.games.trivia#3470

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 15:49:03 -0800 (PST)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 23:49 UTC

On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 3:31:04 AM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Final, Round 9 - Geography
>
> * Virginia
>
> 1. In what city would you find the second-oldest university in
> the United States, the College of William and Mary?

Williamsburg
> 2. Thomas Jefferson designed the first buildings of the University
> of Virginia. In what town, near Jefferson's Monticello estate,
> would you find that campus?

Charlottesville

> 3. In which city on the James River would you find Jefferson Davis's
> wartime home, the so-called "White House of the Confederacy"?

Richmond

> * Adriatic Croatia
>
> 7. In the year 305, the Emperor Diocletian retired to his massive
> palace on the Adriatic coast. The palace, which covered an area
> of nearly 10 acres (4 ha), serves """today""" as the historic
> center of Croatia's """second-largest""" city. What city?

Dubrovnik
> 8. This fortified city on the south Adriatic coast only officially
> took its Croatian name in 1918. For centuries prior to that,
> it had existed as an important maritime republic under the
> name Ragusa. How is it known """today"""?

Split

> 9. Croatia's central and southern coastline were part of which
> Roman province, which extended south as far as Albania?

Dalmatia

> * Not England
>
> 12. The """4th-biggest""" city on the island of Ireland lies on
> the west bank of the river Foyle. A royal charter in the
> 17th century gave the city its """current""" official name,
> although residents generally """call""" it by its original name.
> Give either.

Londonderry

> * The Lowest Points on Earth
>
> 13. From the Sea of Galilee, this valley descends to the Dead
> Sea -- the lowest point on land at """423 m (about 1,390 feet)"""
> below sea level. What is the name of the valley?

Elah

> ** Final, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * B. Stock Market Lingo

> B2. What expression refers to a short-lived jump in the price
> of a stock that has been subject to a steep decline?

dead cat bounce

> B3. According to the old Wall Street adage, in what month should
> you "sell and go away"?

May

> * C. Religious Dietary Laws
>
> C1. It's called the "Word" of Wisdom and it was revealed
> to the faithful in 1833. Among a number of dietary laws,
> it discourages "hot drinks" and non-medicinal tobacco.
> *Which religious group* follows the "Word of Wisdom"?

Mormons

> C2. What faith observes the laws of the "kashrut"?

Judaism

> C3. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you
> are finished with the previous question. Whqnvfz unf vgf
> xbfure sbbqf; Vfynz unf vgf Unyny sbbqf. Jub pbafhzrf bayl
> Vgny sbbqf?

Rastafarians

> * D. Harry Potter
>
> In honor of the release of the """last""" of the Potter films...
>
> D1. What is the name of Harry's schoolboy nemesis?
> The blond-haired troublemaker is adept at the wizard game
> of quidditch and spends his time creating problems for
> Harry and his friends.

Draco Malfoy
> D2. Harry's middle name was his father's given name. What is it?

James

> D3. Name the plump, forgetful boy who appears as a comic foil
> through the series but emerges as something more in the
> finale.

Neville Longbottom

> * E. Latin Imperatives
>
> Latin has an authoritative ring, doesn't it? Translate into
> English each of the following Latin commands or exhortations.
> (Approximate answers are acceptable.)
>
> E1. Nosce te ipsum.

know yourself

> E2. Noli me tangere.

don't touch me

> E3. Ora pro nobis.

pray for us

> * F. TV to Big Screen
>
> F1. The long-running science fiction TV series "Doctor Who"
> has featured many actors in the title role. In the mid
> 1960's two feature films were also made -- "Dr. Who and
> the Daleks" and "Daleks Invasion Earth 2150". Who played
> Who in both of those movies?

Cushing

> F2. The Monkees were riding high on the success of their
> TV show when they made this oddly groovy movie in 1968.
> Written by Jack Nicholson and Bob Rafelson, what was this
> loony stream-of-consciousness ramble called?

"Head"

> F3. Barbara Feldon played Agent 99 on television. Who took on
> the role for the 2008 "Get Smart" movie?

Hathaway

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

RQFTCIMM11 Final, Rounds 9-10 answers: geography, challenge

<YdGdnZT-8YnbOzb8nZ2dnUU7-eXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3471&group=rec.games.trivia#3471

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIMM11 Final, Rounds 9-10 answers: geography, challenge
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 11:32:54 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 17:32 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2011-07-25,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

The Final game is finished and the winner is JOSHUA KREITZER.
Hearty congratulations!

Next I will start reposting questions from the January-April 2012
season, written by Footloose and Firkin Free.

> ** Final, Round 9 - Geography

> * Virginia

> 1. In what city would you find the second-oldest university in
> the United States, the College of William and Mary?

Williamsburg. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> 2. Thomas Jefferson designed the first buildings of the University
> of Virginia. In what town, near Jefferson's Monticello estate,
> would you find that campus?

Charlottesville. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> 3. In which city on the James River would you find Jefferson Davis's
> wartime home, the so-called "White House of the Confederacy"?

Richmond. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> * Lakes of Ontario

> We give you an outline of a lake that is wholly or partly in
> Ontario. You identify the lake. The maps are drawn to different
> scales, but north is always at the top; and the arrow in each case
> identifies the outflow from the lake.

> 4. http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/gfr9/lake/4.png

L. Nipissing.

The main part of the lake is about 35×10 miles; the largest
city on the lake is North Bay, on the northeast corner.

> 5. http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/gfr9/lake/5.png

L. St. Clair.

The lake is about 25×20 miles, with the US on the west. Detroit's
northern suburbs are on the US side of the southwest corner.

> 6. http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/gfr9/lake/6.png

L. Simcoe.

The main part of the lake is about 30×30 miles; the largest city
on the lake is Barrie, at the end of the narrow bay on the west.

> * Adriatic Croatia

> 7. In the year 305, the Emperor Diocletian retired to his massive
> palace on the Adriatic coast. The palace, which covered an area
> of nearly 10 acres (4 ha), serves """today""" as the historic
> center of Croatia's """second-largest""" city. What city?

Split. (Still true.) 4 for Dan and Erland.

Erland said in 2012 that the palace area constituted a weird and
somewhat frightening environment.

> 8. This fortified city on the south Adriatic coast only officially
> took its Croatian name in 1918. For centuries prior to that,
> it had existed as an important maritime republic under the
> name Ragusa. How is it known """today"""?

Dubrovnik. (Still true.) 4 for Dan and Erland.

> 9. Croatia's central and southern coastline were part of which
> Roman province, which extended south as far as Albania?

Dalmatia. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> * Not England

> From the descriptions, name these UK cities that are not in England.

> 10. Situated on the southwest coast of Wales, this city has a
> population of 175,000. During its 19th-century industrial
> heyday it was a key center of the world copper industry,
> earning the nickname "Copperopolis".

Swansea. 4 for Erland.

> 11. This """is""" Scotland's third-most-populous city, and the
> UK's 25th. Nicknames include "The Granite City" and "Oil Capital
> of Europe". The area around the city has been settled for over
> 8,000 years.

Aberdeen. (Now 29th in the UK.) 4 for Dan and Erland.

> 12. The """4th-biggest""" city on the island of Ireland lies on
> the west bank of the river Foyle. A royal charter in the
> 17th century gave the city its """current""" official name,
> although residents generally """call""" it by its original name.
> Give either.

Londonderry (official), Derry. (Still true.) 4 for everyone --
Dan, Erland, and Joshua.

> * The Lowest Points on Earth

> 13. From the Sea of Galilee, this valley descends to the Dead
> Sea -- the lowest point on land at """423 m (about 1,390 feet)"""
> below sea level. What is the name of the valley?

"Jordan Rift Valley" was the expected answer, but since the river
Jordan follows the entire length of it, I accepted anything with
Jordan. (The lakeshore is now more like 430 m or 1,410 feet below
sea level.) 4 for Erland.

> 14. Death Valley is a desert valley known for being well below sea
> level. Within the desert is a basin containing the lowest
> point in North America, 86 m (282 feet) below sea level.
> What's the name of this basin?

Badwater Basin.

> 15. This lake in Australia lies 15 m (50 feet) below sea level
> and 700 km (435 miles) north of Adelaide. On the rare occasions
> when it's filled with water, it is also Australia's largest lake.
> Name it.

Lake Eyre. 4 for Erland.

> ** Final, Round 10 - Challenge Round

> * A. Ontario Party Leaders

> Name the leaders of the Ontario political parties after these
> famous defeats.

> A1. After Bob Rae's defeat, name either the interim leader or
> the next leader of the NDP.

Bud Wildman, Howard Hampton.

> A2. After David Peterson's defeat, name any one of the interim
> leaders or the next leader of the Liberal party.

Robert Nixon, Murray Elston, Jim Bradley, Lyn McLeod.

> A3. After Frank Miller's defeat, name the next PC leader.

Larry Grossman.

> * B. Stock Market Lingo

> B1. What is the popular name given to the surge in the price
> of stocks that often occurs in the week between Christmas
> and New Year's?

Santa Claus rally.

> B2. What expression refers to a short-lived jump in the price
> of a stock that has been subject to a steep decline?

Dead-cat bounce. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> B3. According to the old Wall Street adage, in what month should
> you "sell and go away"?

May. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> * C. Religious Dietary Laws

> C1. It's called the "Word" of Wisdom and it was revealed
> to the faithful in 1833. Among a number of dietary laws,
> it discourages "hot drinks" and non-medicinal tobacco.
> *Which religious group* follows the "Word of Wisdom"?

The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (accepting LDS),
aka the Mormons. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> C2. What faith observes the laws of the "kashrut"?

Judaism. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> C3. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you
> are finished with the previous question. Judaism has its
> kosher foods; Islam has its Halal foods. Who consumes only
> Ital foods?

Rastafari. 4 for Joshua.

> * D. Harry Potter

> In honor of the release of the """last""" of the Potter films...

> D1. What is the name of Harry's schoolboy nemesis?
> The blond-haired troublemaker is adept at the wizard game
> of quidditch and spends his time creating problems for
> Harry and his friends.

Draco Malfoy. Either name was sufficient. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> D2. Harry's middle name was his father's given name. What is it?

James. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> D3. Name the plump, forgetful boy who appears as a comic foil
> through the series but emerges as something more in the
> finale.

Neville Longbottom. 4 for Dan and Joshua.

> * E. Latin Imperatives

> Latin has an authoritative ring, doesn't it? Translate into
> English each of the following Latin commands or exhortations.
> (Approximate answers are acceptable.)

> E1. Nosce te ipsum.

"Know yourself." 4 for Joshua.

> E2. Noli me tangere.

"Don't touch me." 4 for everyone.

> E3. Ora pro nobis.

"Pray for us." 4 for Joshua.

> * F. TV to Big Screen

> F1. The long-running science fiction TV series "Doctor Who"
> has featured many actors in the title role. In the mid
> 1960's two feature films were also made -- "Dr. Who and
> the Daleks" and "Daleks Invasion Earth 2150". Who played
> Who in both of those movies?

Peter Cushing. 4 for Joshua.

"Who played Who" was not an error. Unlike the TV series where he's
just "the Doctor" (and the title is a remark that someone makes in
the first episode after hearing this), in the movies he actually
was called "Dr. Who".

> F2. The Monkees were riding high on the success of their
> TV show when they made this oddly groovy movie in 1968.
> Written by Jack Nicholson and Bob Rafelson, what was this
> loony stream-of-consciousness ramble called?

Click here to read the complete article