You are farsighted, a good planner, an ardent lover, and a faithful friend.

interests / alt.food.wine / TN; 4 for 4- good Canon, ESJ, Pepiere, Baudry

SubjectAuthor
* TN; 4 for 4- good Canon, ESJ, Pepiere, Baudrydalewilli...@gmail.com
`- Re: TN; 4 for 4- good Canon, ESJ, Pepiere, BaudryMark Lipton

1
TN; 4 for 4- good Canon, ESJ, Pepiere, Baudry

<a1e761b9-f36e-469f-805c-ed1a864e534an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=347&group=alt.food.wine#347

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:55:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN; 4 for 4- good Canon, ESJ, Pepiere, Baudry
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 16:55 UTC

Trying to drink some good wines before going to France

Lamb chops, mustard potato salad, squash with zaa’tar, broccolini
1999 Edmunds St John Wylie-Fenaughty Syrah
Now this is what I want in Cali syrah. Smoke, black fruits, black olives. Resolved tannins, integrated acids, nice length.A-/B+

Last park concert of season (rock-ish instead of usual jazz), gazpacho, prosciutto, pesto/pea pasta, spicy salad
2021 Baudry Chinon Rose
Pale, full-bodied, fleshy red fruits with good acid. B/B+

2017 Pepiere Briords Muscadet
Brisk, saline, classic. B+/A-

Cleaning out fridge, Th was chicken with honey, wilted collards, assorted leftovers
1983 Canon (375ml)
Elegant, fully mature, delicious. Savory mushroom/cocoa aromas over nice black cherry fruit, some leather/cigarbox, refined. A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Re: TN; 4 for 4- good Canon, ESJ, Pepiere, Baudry

<tfabr3$1j96$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=348&group=alt.food.wine#348

From: not...@eudrup.ude (Mark Lipton)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Subject: Re: TN; 4 for 4- good Canon, ESJ, Pepiere, Baudry
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 11:02:59 -0400
 by: Mark Lipton - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 15:02 UTC

On 8/26/22 12:55 PM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Trying to drink some good wines before going to France
>
> Lamb chops, mustard potato salad, squash with zaa’tar, broccolini
> 1999 Edmunds St John Wylie-Fenaughty Syrah
> Now this is what I want in Cali syrah. Smoke, black fruits, black olives. Resolved tannins, integrated acids, nice length.A-/B+
>
> Last park concert of season (rock-ish instead of usual jazz), gazpacho, prosciutto, pesto/pea pasta, spicy salad
> 2021 Baudry Chinon Rose
> Pale, full-bodied, fleshy red fruits with good acid. B/B+
>
> 2017 Pepiere Briords Muscadet
> Brisk, saline, classic. B+/A-
>
> Cleaning out fridge, Th was chicken with honey, wilted collards, assorted leftovers
> 1983 Canon (375ml)
> Elegant, fully mature, delicious. Savory mushroom/cocoa aromas over nice black cherry fruit, some leather/cigarbox, refined. A-

Nice selection of wines, Dale. Have a blast in France (if you haven't
already left)!

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ: RIP cwdjrx