Subject: Re: Illegal aliens are necessary because Democrats are too ignorant
to work
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,talk.politic.misc,alt.elections,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: 68g.1...@etr6.net (68g.1499)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 19:31:44 -0500
 by: 68g.1499 - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 00:31 UTC

On 1/25/24 4:25 PM, Mayorkas wrote:
> On 15 Feb 2022, Lefty Lundquist <lefty_lundquist@ggmail.com> posted some
>
>> Most Democrats can't read or write.
>
> Truth versus ignorance in democratic politics: An existentialist
> perspective on the democratic promise of political freedom
>
> Existentialist philosophy offers an understanding of how trying to
> eliminate ambiguities that inevitably mark the human condition only
> seemingly leads to freedom. This existentialist outlook can also serve to
> shed light on how democratic politics may similarly show tendencies which
> aim at overcoming immanent tensions. Such tendencies in democratic
> politics can be clarified using Sartre’s notion of ignorance – and truth
> as its counterpart. His concept of ignorance goes beyond merely facts or
> knowledge and refers to a mode of being. It expresses a subject’s desire
> to avoid, rather than confront, resistances stemming from the world. Based
> on a distinction of different forms in which this orientation can manifest
> itself, this article shows how democratic politics, too, can be threatened
> by ignorance as a way of doing politics. This ignorance comes in different
> guises which all express a desire to eliminate tensions that democratic
> politics cannot overcome without undermining itself.
>
> https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/s41296-020-00436-y

Very "philosophical" ... however the REAL issue - and not just
in the USA - has more to do with demographics. When a country
becomes comfortably 1st-world the birth rates drop like a rock.
Even China now reports a (slight) pop DECLINE and the govt is
working on ways to goad women into having more babies. If goading
doesn't work, more severe ("Handmaid" ?) tactics may be seen.

An aging, declining, native workforce produces less and less,
and that includes tax revenues. Older people often tend to
require more health care - and the State will have to pick up
some of that bill. An aging pop is also not going to be doing
more "physical" type work - like farm fields and such - and
the robots won't be up to that stuff for 25 years at least.

So ... arrange to import lots and lots of people from 2nd/3rd-
world countries - people to whom even shit work for shit wages
seems a considerable improvement. We now see this in a LOT of
'western' countries plus xenophobic Japan and Korea too.

The POLITICS ... a DELIBERATE plan might generate too much
kickback and eternal divisive revisions. The "uncontrolled
immigration" approach makes it all look like an "accident"
and the sheer scale makes it hard to point a finger of blame.

As for Sartre and friends ... there is some truth in it.
Modern "democracy" is much as Plato feared ... too much
geared to "feel-good" solutions and, after radio/tv/net,
too vulnerable to demagogues and "influencers" with
hidden agendas. The People, being people, think endless
"free stuff" sounds just great and, even if intelligent,
often refuse to work the math, see the Truth.

Re: Illegal aliens are necessary because Democrats are too ignorant to work

<uov7pi$2m1p4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34725&group=alt.politics#34725

From: ldo...@nz.invalid (Lawrence D'Oliveiro)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
to work
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 03:09:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lawrence D'Oliv - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 03:09 UTC

As if Republicans are able to fill those jobs ...