Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: Asia, Super Bowl
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 11:39:03 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 17:39 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-01-23,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 1, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

1. What website reportedly closed down for 24 hours on Wednesday
to protest the proposed US "Stop Online Piracy Act"?

2. Name the cruise ship that ran aground off the Tuscan coast.

* Game 1, Round 2 - Geography - Countries in Asia

We will provide the name of a country (well, most of them are
countries), and you provide the number on the map:

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/01-02/asia.pdf

1. Syria.
2. Nepal.
3. Malaysia.
4. Oman.
5. Afghanistan.
6. Vietnam.
7. Macau.
8. East Timor.
9. Pakistan.
10. Myanmar.

So there were 37 decoys. Here they are in alphabetical order;
decode the rot13 and give the numbers if you want for fun, but
for no points.

11. Onuenva.
12. Onatynqrfu.
13. Ouhgna.
14. Oeharv.
15. Pnzobqvn.
16. Puvan.
17. Ubat Xbat.
18. Vaqvn.
19. Vaqbarfvn.
20. Vena.
21. Vend.
22. Vfenry.
23. Wncna.
24. Wbeqna.
25. Xnmnxufgna.
26. Xhjnvg.
27. Xletlmfgna.
28. Ynbf.
29. Yronaba.
30. Znyqvirf.
31. Zbatbyvn.
32. Abegu Xbern.
33. Cuvyvccvarf.
34. Dngne.
35. Ehffvn.
36. Fnhqv Nenovn.
37. Fvatncber.
38. Fbhgu Xbern.
39. Fev Ynaxn.
40. Gnvjna.
41. Gnwvxvfgna.
42. Gunvynaq.
43. Ghexrl.
44. Ghexzravfgna.
45. Havgrq Neno Rzvengrf.
46. Hmorxvfgna.
47. Lrzra.

* Game 1, Round 3 - Sports - Super Bowl Trivia

With the Super Bowl """just around the corner""", it's a good
time to see what you know about the history of this game.
For all questions that ask for a team, give the team name (like
"Maple Leafs"). *Note*: As usual, if any answers have changed
since the original game and a correct answer still exists, you
may give either the original or the new answer.

1. What is the """only team that has""" appeared in more than one
Super Bowl and won every time?

2. Name either of the teams that """have appeared in the most"""
Super Bowls.

3. What team was the first to win the Super Bowl after reaching
the post-season as a wild card? They did it in 1981.

4. What winning team """has scored the fewest""" points in a Super
Bowl game? This happened in 1973.

5. The New York Jets were the first team from the AFL to win the
Super Bowl. Name the heavily favored NFL team they defeated
in Super Bowl III.

6. The Green Bay Packers won the game now known as Super Bowl I.
Which was the losing team?

7. Who was the first African-American QB to start in a Super Bowl?
He led the Washington Redskins to victory in 1988 and was named
game MVP.

8. Who has been named the Super Bowl MVP """the most times, with
3 to his credit"""?

9. Which is the """only current NFC team""" never to play in the
Super Bowl? Hint: They made the playoffs """this year""".

10. In which US city will Super Bowl """XLVI""" be played on
2012-02-05? *Note*: I will also accept the answer for Super
Bowl LVI, coming on 2022-02-13.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "This is an excellent opportunity for
msb@vex.net | out-of-context quoting..." --Mike Hardy

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: Asia, Super Bowl

<fe7e2c42-7457-419f-ad95-5e7dca434d16n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3473&group=rec.games.trivia#3473

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 10:09:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: Asia, Super Bowl
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 18:09 UTC

On Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 11:39:09 AM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 1, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 2. Name the cruise ship that ran aground off the Tuscan coast.

Costa Concordia

> * Game 1, Round 2 - Geography - Countries in Asia
>
> We will provide the name of a country (well, most of them are
> countries), and you provide the number on the map:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/01-02/asia.pdf
>
> 1. Syria.

11

> 2. Nepal.

28

> 3. Malaysia.

43

> 4. Oman.

10

> 5. Afghanistan.

21

> 6. Vietnam.

39

> 7. Macau.

14

> 8. East Timor.

47

> 9. Pakistan.

24

> 10. Myanmar.

31
> So there were 37 decoys. Here they are in alphabetical order;
> decode the rot13 and give the numbers if you want for fun, but
> for no points.
>
> 11. Onuenva.

23

> 12. Onatynqrfu.

30

> 13. Ouhgna.

29

> 14. Oeharv.

46

> 15. Pnzobqvn.

40

> 16. Puvan.

32

> 17. Ubat Xbat.

13

> 18. Vaqvn.

25

> 19. Vaqbarfvn.

45

> 20. Vena.

12

> 21. Vend.

13

3

> 23. Wncna.

36

4

> 25. Xnmnxufgna.

17

6

> 27. Xletlmfgna.

19

> 28. Ynbf.

41

2

> 30. Znyqvirf.

26

> 31. Zbatbyvn.

33

> 32. Abegu Xbern.

34

> 33. Cuvyvccvarf.

38

8

> 35. Ehffvn.

18

5

> 37. Fvatncber.

44

> 38. Fbhgu Xbern.

35

> 39. Fev Ynaxn.

27

> 40. Gnvjna.

37

> 41. Gnwvxvfgna.

20

> 42. Gunvynaq.

42

1

> 44. Ghexzravfgna.

15

7

> 46. Hmorxvfgna.

16

9
> * Game 1, Round 3 - Sports - Super Bowl Trivia
>
> With the Super Bowl """just around the corner""", it's a good
> time to see what you know about the history of this game.
> For all questions that ask for a team, give the team name (like
> "Maple Leafs"). *Note*: As usual, if any answers have changed
> since the original game and a correct answer still exists, you
> may give either the original or the new answer.
>
> 1. What is the """only team that has""" appeared in more than one
> Super Bowl and won every time?

Packers; Steelers

> 2. Name either of the teams that """have appeared in the most"""
> Super Bowls.

Patriots
> 3. What team was the first to win the Super Bowl after reaching
> the post-season as a wild card? They did it in 1981.

Raiders

> 4. What winning team """has scored the fewest""" points in a Super
> Bowl game? This happened in 1973.

Dolphins

> 5. The New York Jets were the first team from the AFL to win the
> Super Bowl. Name the heavily favored NFL team they defeated
> in Super Bowl III.

Colts

> 6. The Green Bay Packers won the game now known as Super Bowl I.
> Which was the losing team?

Chiefs
> 7. Who was the first African-American QB to start in a Super Bowl?
> He led the Washington Redskins to victory in 1988 and was named
> game MVP.

Doug Williams

> 8. Who has been named the Super Bowl MVP """the most times, with
> 3 to his credit"""?

Joe Montana

> 9. Which is the """only current NFC team""" never to play in the
> Super Bowl? Hint: They made the playoffs """this year""".

Lions

> 10. In which US city will Super Bowl """XLVI""" be played on
> 2012-02-05? *Note*: I will also accept the answer for Super
> Bowl LVI, coming on 2022-02-13.

New Orleans; Pasadena

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: Asia, Super Bowl

<sogliq$o18$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3474&group=rec.games.trivia#3474

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 21:11:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 21:11 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 1, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

> Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

> 1. What website reportedly closed down for 24 hours on Wednesday
> to protest the proposed US "Stop Online Piracy Act"?

Wikipedia

> * Game 1, Round 2 - Geography - Countries in Asia

> 1. Syria.

11

> 2. Nepal.

28

> 3. Malaysia.

43

> 4. Oman.

10

> 5. Afghanistan.

21

> 6. Vietnam.

39

> 7. Macau.

14; 13

> 8. East Timor.

47

> 9. Pakistan.

24

> 10. Myanmar.

31

> * Game 1, Round 3 - Sports - Super Bowl Trivia

> 1. What is the """only team that has""" appeared in more than one
> Super Bowl and won every time?

Packers; Patriots

> 2. Name either of the teams that """have appeared in the most"""
> Super Bowls.

Packers; Giants

> 3. What team was the first to win the Super Bowl after reaching
> the post-season as a wild card? They did it in 1981.

Giants; Colts

> 4. What winning team """has scored the fewest""" points in a Super
> Bowl game? This happened in 1973.

Dolphins

> 5. The New York Jets were the first team from the AFL to win the
> Super Bowl. Name the heavily favored NFL team they defeated
> in Super Bowl III.

Giants; Vikings

> 6. The Green Bay Packers won the game now known as Super Bowl I.
> Which was the losing team?

Giants; Bengals

> 8. Who has been named the Super Bowl MVP """the most times, with
> 3 to his credit"""?

Tom Brady

> 9. Which is the """only current NFC team""" never to play in the
> Super Bowl? Hint: They made the playoffs """this year""".

Lions; Browns

Dan Blum tool@panix.com