Blessed is he who expects no gratitude, for he shall not be disappointed. -- W. C. Bennett

interests / rec.boats / Re: Travel report

SubjectAuthor
* Travel reportgfretwell
`* Re: Travel reportTrue North
 `* Re: Travel reportgfretwell
  `* Re: Travel reportjustan
   +- Re: Travel reportjustan
   `* Re: Travel reportgfretwell
    +- Re: Travel reportgfretwell
    `* Re: Travel reportjustan
     +* Re: Travel reportgfretwell
     |`* Re: Travel reportjustan
     | +* Re: Travel reportJohn H
     | |+* Re: Travel reportJustan
     | ||`* Re: Travel reportJohn H
     | || `- Re: Travel reportMr Robot
     | |`- Re: Travel reportMr Robot
     | `- Re: Travel reportgfretwell
     `- Re: Travel reportMr Robot

1
Travel report

<ckjbsglql5obtbci6n6vr5h04t1cmlldv0@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3491&group=rec.boats#3491

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Travel report
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 05:56:18 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 13:56 UTC

OK We went from RSW Ft Myers to GRR Grand Rapids Mi, via DTW Detroit
Delta First Class.
It sucked with a disabled person in tow but the Airport and the flight
itself was fine, TSA was real fast, no particular problem with the
line (maybe 20 people across 3 lines). Getting medical gear through is
a problem. They need to inspect everything. Wheel Chairs are a PITA,
Judy ditched hers and walked such as it is a couple times. There are
also no brakes on an airport wheelchair so ramps are exciting. .
Getting assistance in an airport is tough too. The food sucked and
there wasn't any scotch on either plane. On the bright side we got
everywhere on time and the plane didn't crash but I did forget to
bring a coat.

Re: Travel report

<3063a05b-cf86-40ac-a854-a4c2af125217n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3495&group=rec.boats#3495

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:15:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Travel report
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 17:15 UTC

On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 09:56:44 UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> OK We went from RSW Ft Myers to GRR Grand Rapids Mi, via DTW Detroit
> Delta First Class.
> It sucked with a disabled person in tow but the Airport and the flight
> itself was fine, TSA was real fast, no particular problem with the
> line (maybe 20 people across 3 lines). Getting medical gear through is
> a problem. They need to inspect everything. Wheel Chairs are a PITA,
> Judy ditched hers and walked such as it is a couple times. There are
> also no brakes on an airport wheelchair so ramps are exciting. .
> Getting assistance in an airport is tough too. The food sucked and
> there wasn't any scotch on either plane. On the bright side we got
> everywhere on time and the plane didn't crash but I did forget to
> bring a coat.

Good Lord, you travelled up north without a coat?
Good thing it wasn't up here. Minus 12 C and gusty winds.
Sorry to hear that Judy is having mobility problems. My baby sister (68 years old) just had a knee replacement and she's recovering at home in the south western part of this province. My buddy who spent most of his life in the Virgin Islands called this morning and he needs an operation on his spine. He moved back here a few years ago to take advantage of our free health care. No fun getting old!

Re: Travel report

<nu4dsglikebglq5sd96digdfgpq00fcai6@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3499&group=rec.boats#3499

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 19:51:03 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 03:51 UTC

On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:15:52 -0800 (PST), True North
<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 09:56:44 UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>> OK We went from RSW Ft Myers to GRR Grand Rapids Mi, via DTW Detroit
>> Delta First Class.
>> It sucked with a disabled person in tow but the Airport and the flight
>> itself was fine, TSA was real fast, no particular problem with the
>> line (maybe 20 people across 3 lines). Getting medical gear through is
>> a problem. They need to inspect everything. Wheel Chairs are a PITA,
>> Judy ditched hers and walked such as it is a couple times. There are
>> also no brakes on an airport wheelchair so ramps are exciting. .
>> Getting assistance in an airport is tough too. The food sucked and
>> there wasn't any scotch on either plane. On the bright side we got
>> everywhere on time and the plane didn't crash but I did forget to
>> bring a coat.
>

>Good Lord, you travelled up north without a coat?
>Good thing it wasn't up here. Minus 12 C and gusty winds.
>Sorry to hear that Judy is having mobility problems. My baby sister (68 years old) just had a knee replacement and she's recovering at home in the south western part of this province. My buddy who spent most of his life in the Virgin Islands called this morning and he needs an operation on his spine. He moved back here a few years ago to take advantage of our free health care. No fun getting old!

It is actually not that cold. I am doing OK with a Travonn Martin
Hoodie These folks are bundled up like this is Canada and it is 39 or
so.
I have never actually worn heavy coats anyway unless I was skiing at
altitude where the top of the mountain was 10 below and blowing and I
was out there all day. My comfort zone in shorts and a T shirt is
60-90f. If I am working hard it can be colder than that. (shoveling
snow or something). I doubt we will be outside that much anyway.

Re: Travel report

<sq719s$hij$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3501&group=rec.boats#3501

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 07:03:09 -0500 (EST)
 by: justan - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 12:03 UTC

gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
> On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:15:52 -0800 (PST), True North<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:>On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 09:56:44 UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>> OK We went from RSW Ft Myers to GRR Grand Rapids Mi, via DTW Detroit >> Delta First Class. >> It sucked with a disabled person in tow but the Airport and the flight >> itself was fine, TSA was real fast, no particular problem with the >> line (maybe 20 people across 3 lines). Getting medical gear through is >> a problem. They need to inspect everything. Wheel Chairs are a PITA, >> Judy ditched hers and walked such as it is a couple times. There are >> also no brakes on an airport wheelchair so ramps are exciting. . >> Getting assistance in an airport is tough too. The food sucked and >> there wasn't any scotch on either plane. On the bright side we got >> everywhere on time and the plane didn't crash but I did forget to >> bring a coat.>>>Good Lord, you travelled up north without a coat?>Good thing it wasn't up here. Minus 12 C and gusty winds. >Sorry to hear that Judy is having mobility problems. My baby sister (68 years old) just had a knee replacement and she's recovering at home in the south western part of this provi
nce. My buddy who spent most of his life in the Virgin Islands called this morning and he needs an operation on his spine. He moved back here a few years ago to take advantage of our free health care. No fun getting old!It is actually not that cold. I am doing OK with a Travonn MartinHoodie These folks are bundled up like this is Canada and it is 39 orso. I have never actually worn heavy coats anyway unless I was skiing ataltitude where the top of the mountain was 10 below and blowing and Iwas out there all day. My comfort zone in shorts and a T shirt is60-90f. If I am working hard it can be colder than that. (shovelingsnow or something). I doubt we will be outside that much anyway.

Yur a cold weather guy. Why are you living in Fla? Merry Xmas from
Sanibel area.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Travel report

<97tesg9jaebp7i2dls0a7vklt32ff7tjcc@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3503&group=rec.boats#3503

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 11:46:14 -0800
 by: justan - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 19:46 UTC

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 07:03:09 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

>gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:15:52 -0800 (PST), True North<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:>On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 09:56:44 UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>> OK We went from RSW Ft Myers to GRR Grand Rapids Mi, via DTW Detroit >> Delta First Class. >> It sucked with a disabled person in tow but the Airport and the flight >> itself was fine, TSA was real fast, no particular problem with the >> line (maybe 20 people across 3 lines). Getting medical gear through is >> a problem. They need to inspect everything. Wheel Chairs are a PITA, >> Judy ditched hers and walked such as it is a couple times. There are >> also no brakes on an airport wheelchair so ramps are exciting. . >> Getting assistance in an airport is tough too. The food sucked and >> there wasn't any scotch on either plane. On the bright side we got >> everywhere on time and the plane didn't crash but I did forget to >> bring a coat.>>>Good Lord, you travelled up north without a coat?>Good thing it wasn't up here. Minus
>12 C and gusty winds. >Sorry to hear that Judy is having mobility problems. My baby sister (68 years old) just had a knee replacement and she's recovering at home in the south western part of this province. My buddy who spent most of his life in the Virgin Islands called this morning and he needs an operation on his spine. He moved back here a few years ago to take advantage of our free health care. No fun getting old!It is actually not that cold. I am doing OK with a Travonn MartinHoodie These folks are bundled up like this is Canada and it is 39 orso. I have never actually worn heavy coats anyway unless I was skiing ataltitude where the top of the mountain was 10 below and blowing and Iwas out there all day. My comfort zone in shorts and a T shirt is60-90f. If I am working hard it can be colder than that. (shovelingsnow or something). I doubt we will be outside that much anyway.
>
>Yur a cold weather guy. Why are you living in Fla? Merry Xmas from
> Sanibel area.

Spoofer!
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Travel report

<5n7gsgp6di4megfhjdgi1ces56hiu9prd3@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3507&group=rec.boats#3507

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 23:58:10 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 07:58 UTC

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 07:03:09 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

>gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:15:52 -0800 (PST), True North<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:>On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 09:56:44 UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>> OK We went from RSW Ft Myers to GRR Grand Rapids Mi, via DTW Detroit >> Delta First Class. >> It sucked with a disabled person in tow but the Airport and the flight >> itself was fine, TSA was real fast, no particular problem with the >> line (maybe 20 people across 3 lines). Getting medical gear through is >> a problem. They need to inspect everything. Wheel Chairs are a PITA, >> Judy ditched hers and walked such as it is a couple times. There are >> also no brakes on an airport wheelchair so ramps are exciting. . >> Getting assistance in an airport is tough too. The food sucked and >> there wasn't any scotch on either plane. On the bright side we got >> everywhere on time and the plane didn't crash but I did forget to >> bring a coat.>>>Good Lord, you travelled up north without a coat?>Good thing it wasn't up here. Minus
>12 C and gusty winds. >Sorry to hear that Judy is having mobility problems. My baby sister (68 years old) just had a knee replacement and she's recovering at home in the south western part of this province. My buddy who spent most of his life in the Virgin Islands called this morning and he needs an operation on his spine. He moved back here a few years ago to take advantage of our free health care. No fun getting old!It is actually not that cold. I am doing OK with a Travonn MartinHoodie These folks are bundled up like this is Canada and it is 39 orso. I have never actually worn heavy coats anyway unless I was skiing ataltitude where the top of the mountain was 10 below and blowing and Iwas out there all day. My comfort zone in shorts and a T shirt is60-90f. If I am working hard it can be colder than that. (shovelingsnow or something). I doubt we will be outside that much anyway.
>
>Yur a cold weather guy. Why are you living in Fla? Merry Xmas from
> Sanibel area.

One word "Kids".
They live here and my wife insisted we come up, see their new house
and spend christmas with them. They do have a cool place. Nice 3 BR 3
BA on 10 acre wooded lot between Rapid City and Kalkaska on a paved
road. Wild turkeys and deer in the yard.

I lived on Sanibel, How is Bullwinkle? How long from the Causeway road
to Baileys? Driving may be slower than a bike this week ;-)
(and the next 3 months)

Re: Travel report

<sanhsg15i915fqu6877u7d7k2dlm2vl8dk@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3508&group=rec.boats#3508

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 13:24:01 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 21:24 UTC

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 23:58:10 -0800, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 07:03:09 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:
>
>>gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:15:52 -0800 (PST), True North<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:>On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 09:56:44 UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>> OK We went from RSW Ft Myers to GRR Grand Rapids Mi, via DTW Detroit >> Delta First Class. >> It sucked with a disabled person in tow but the Airport and the flight >> itself was fine, TSA was real fast, no particular problem with the >> line (maybe 20 people across 3 lines). Getting medical gear through is >> a problem. They need to inspect everything. Wheel Chairs are a PITA, >> Judy ditched hers and walked such as it is a couple times. There are >> also no brakes on an airport wheelchair so ramps are exciting. . >> Getting assistance in an airport is tough too. The food sucked and >> there wasn't any scotch on either plane. On the bright side we got >> everywhere on time and the plane didn't crash but I did forget to >> bring a coat.>>>Good Lord, you travelled up north without a coat?>Good thing it wasn't up here. Minus
>>12 C and gusty winds. >Sorry to hear that Judy is having mobility problems. My baby sister (68 years old) just had a knee replacement and she's recovering at home in the south western part of this province. My buddy who spent most of his life in the Virgin Islands called this morning and he needs an operation on his spine. He moved back here a few years ago to take advantage of our free health care. No fun getting old!It is actually not that cold. I am doing OK with a Travonn MartinHoodie These folks are bundled up like this is Canada and it is 39 orso. I have never actually worn heavy coats anyway unless I was skiing ataltitude where the top of the mountain was 10 below and blowing and Iwas out there all day. My comfort zone in shorts and a T shirt is60-90f. If I am working hard it can be colder than that. (shovelingsnow or something). I doubt we will be outside that much anyway.
>>
>>Yur a cold weather guy. Why are you living in Fla? Merry Xmas from
>> Sanibel area.
>
>One word "Kids".
>They live here and my wife insisted we come up, see their new house
>and spend christmas with them. They do have a cool place. Nice 3 BR 3
>BA on 10 acre wooded lot between Rapid City and Kalkaska on a paved
>road. Wild turkeys and deer in the yard.
>
>I lived on Sanibel, How is Bullwinkle? How long from the Causeway road
>to Baileys? Driving may be slower than a bike this week ;-)
>(and the next 3 months)

Spoofer!

Re: Travel report

<sqas6g$5ap$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3509&group=rec.boats#3509

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 18:00:29 -0500 (EST)
 by: justan - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 23:00 UTC

gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
> On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 07:03:09 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:15:52 -0800 (PST), True North<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:>On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 09:56:44 UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>> OK We went from RSW Ft Myers to GRR Grand Rapids Mi, via DTW Detroit >> Delta First Class. >> It sucked with a disabled person in tow but the Airport and the flight >> itself was fine, TSA was real fast, no particular problem with the >> line (maybe 20 people across 3 lines). Getting medical gear through is >> a problem. They need to inspect everything. Wheel Chairs are a PITA, >> Judy ditched hers and walked such as it is a couple times. There are >> also no brakes on an airport wheelchair so ramps are exciting. . >> Getting assistance in an airport is tough too. The food sucked and >> there wasn't any scotch on either plane. On the bright side we got >> everywhere on time and the plane didn't crash but I did forget to >> bring a coat.>>>Good Lord, you travelled up north without a coat?>Good thing it wasn't up here. Minus>12 C and gusty winds. >Sorry to hear that Judy is having mobility problems. My baby sister (6
8 years old) just had a knee replacement and she's recovering at home in the south western part of this province. My buddy who spent most of his life in the Virgin Islands called this morning and he needs an operation on his spine. He moved back here a few years ago to take advantage of our free health care. No fun getting old!It is actually not that cold. I am doing OK with a Travonn MartinHoodie These folks are bundled up like this is Canada and it is 39 orso. I have never actually worn heavy coats anyway unless I was skiing ataltitude where the top of the mountain was 10 below and blowing and Iwas out there all day. My comfort zone in shorts and a T shirt is60-90f. If I am working hard it can be colder than that. (shovelingsnow or something). I doubt we will be outside that much anyway. >>Yur a cold weather guy. Why are you living in Fla? Merry Xmas from> Sanibel area.One word "Kids".They live here and my wife insisted we come up, see their new houseand spend christmas with them. They do have a cool place. Nice 3 BR 3BA on 10 acre wooded lot between Rapid City and Kalkaska on a pavedroad. Wild turkeys and deer in the yard. I lived on Sanibel, How is Bullwinkle? How long fro
m the Causeway roadto Baileys? Driving may be slower than a bike this week ;-)(and the next 3 months)

We spent about 4 hours on Sanibel today. Parked the car at the
visitor center and rode around on our E bikes. Traffic was heavy;
even on the main trails. I must say the car drivers were quite
courteous toward bikers. I had some of the best Ipswich fried
clams and NE chowder at the Clam Shack. Wife had Lobster Salad
and loved it. You lost me with Bailys and Bullwinkle? FM beach
traffic is the pits but it was sort of worth it to eat at Nervous
Nellies.
I got all worked up about crossing the Macinac bridge in the
camper a couple of years ago. But when we got there the skies
were clear and there was no wind. Crossing was uneventful.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Travel report

<jbbisgt5g3u4diouijhs5cjdv9obfbbfs3@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3510&group=rec.boats#3510

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:07:12 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 03:07 UTC

On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 18:00:29 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>We spent about 4 hours on Sanibel today. Parked the car at the
> visitor center and rode around on our E bikes. Traffic was heavy;
> even on the main trails. I must say the car drivers were quite
> courteous toward bikers. I had some of the best Ipswich fried
> clams and NE chowder at the Clam Shack. Wife had Lobster Salad
> and loved it. You lost me with Bailys and Bullwinkle? FM beach
> traffic is the pits but it was sort of worth it to eat at Nervous
> Nellies.
>I got all worked up about crossing the Macinac bridge in the
> camper a couple of years ago. But when we got there the skies
> were clear and there was no wind. Crossing was uneventful.

Baileys is the old general store at the other end of Periwinkle (AKA
Bullwinkle). Bailey is an old family name on Sanibel.

Re: Travel report

<sqbbbn$aib$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3511&group=rec.boats#3511

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 22:19:19 -0500 (EST)
 by: justan - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 03:19 UTC

gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 18:00:29 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 07:03:09 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:15:52 -0800 (PST), True North<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:>On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 09:56:44 UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>> OK We went from RSW Ft Myers to GRR Grand Rapids Mi, via DTW Detroit >> Delta First Class. >> It sucked with a disabled person in tow but the Airport and the flight >> itself was fine, TSA was real fast, no particular problem with the >> line (maybe 20 people across 3 lines). Getting medical gear through is >> a problem. They need to inspect everything. Wheel Chairs are a PITA, >> Judy ditched hers and walked such as it is a couple times. There are >> also no brakes on an airport wheelchair so ramps are exciting. . >> Getting assistance in an airport is tough too. The food sucked and >> there wasn't any scotch on either plane. On the bright side we got >> everywhere on time and the plane didn't crash but I did forget to>>> bring a coat.>>>Good Lord, you travelled up north without a coat?>Good thing it wasn't
up here. Minus>12 C and gusty winds. >Sorry to hear that Judy is having mobility problems. My baby sister (68 years old) just had a knee replacement and she's recovering at home in the south western part of this province. My buddy who spent most of his life in the Virgin Islands called this morning and he needs an operation on his spine. He moved back here a few years ago to take advantage of our free health care. No fun getting old!It is actually not that cold. I am doing OK with a Travonn MartinHoodie These folks are bundled up like this is Canada and it is 39 orso. I have never actually worn heavy coats anyway unless I was skiing ataltitude where the top of the mountain was 10 below and blowing and Iwas out there all day. My comfort zone in shorts and a T shirt is60-90f. If I am working hard it can be colder than that. (shovelingsnow or something). I doubt we will be outside that much>anyway. >>Yur a cold weather guy. Why are you living in Fla? Merry Xmas from> Sanibel area.One word "Kids".They live here and my wife insisted we come up, see their new houseand spend christmas with them. They do have a cool place. Nice 3 BR 3BA on 10 acre wooded lot between Rapid City and Ka
lkaska on a pavedroad. Wild turkeys and deer in the yard. I lived on Sanibel, How is Bullwinkle? How long from the Causeway roadto Baileys? Driving may be slower than a bike this week ;-)(and the next 3 months)>>We spent about 4 hours on Sanibel today. Parked the car at the> visitor center and rode around on our E bikes. Traffic was heavy;> even on the main trails. I must say the car drivers were quite> courteous toward bikers. I had some of the best Ipswich fried> clams and NE chowder at the Clam Shack. Wife had Lobster Salad> and loved it. You lost me with Bailys and Bullwinkle? FM beach> traffic is the pits but it was sort of worth it to eat at Nervous> Nellies.>I got all worked up about crossing the Macinac bridge in the> camper a couple of years ago. But when we got there the skies> were clear and there was no wind. Crossing was uneventful.Baileys is the old general store at the other end of Periwinkle (AKABullwinkle). Bailey is an old family name on Sanibel.

We did ride thru the parking lot. I thought it was weird that a
hardware store was inside the grocery store.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Travel report

<67djsgdsgjedju3omf63s5r73v2u9rv0a9@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3512&group=rec.boats#3512

From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 07:44:18 -0500
 by: John H - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 12:44 UTC

On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 22:19:19 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

> [...]
>beach> traffic is the pits but it was sort of worth it to eat at Nervous> Nellies.>I got all worked up about crossing the Macinac bridge in the> camper a couple of years ago. But when we got there the skies> were clear and there was no wind. Crossing was uneventful.Baileys is the old general store at the other end of Periwinkle (AKABullwinkle). Bailey is an old family name on Sanibel.
>
>We did ride thru the parking lot. I thought it was weird that a
> hardware store was inside the grocery store.

In Gettysburg, the hardware store is in the large back room of a gun
shop. Nice gun shop too.

Re: Travel report

<sqcp45$ve$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3513&group=rec.boats#3513

From: 1...@2.com (Justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:20:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Justan - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:20 UTC

On 12/27/21 7:44 AM, John H wrote:
> [...]
>>beach> traffic is the pits but it was sort of worth it to eat at Nervous> Nellies.>I got all worked up about crossing the Macinac bridge in the> camper a couple of years ago. But when we got there the skies> were clear and there was no wind. Crossing was uneventful.Baileys is the old general store at the other end of Periwinkle (AKABullwinkle). Bailey is an old family name on Sanibel.
>>
>>We did ride thru the parking lot. I thought it was weird that a
>> hardware store was inside the grocery store.
>
>In Gettysburg, the hardware store is in the large back room of a gun

I have a gift for you.
I have pre authorized a purchase for you at the Gettysburg gun shop.
Authorization code: 21-5489. Pick out any gun you desire and show a credit
card. :-)

--
No more bullshit

Re: Travel report

<0etjsg984elknu497p8lejp2lp5d4hn1kd@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3514&group=rec.boats#3514

From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
References: <ckjbsglql5obtbci6n6vr5h04t1cmlldv0@4ax.com> <3063a05b-cf86-40ac-a854-a4c2af125217n@googlegroups.com> <nu4dsglikebglq5sd96digdfgpq00fcai6@4ax.com> <sq719s$hij$1@dont-email.me> <5n7gsgp6di4megfhjdgi1ces56hiu9prd3@4ax.com> <sqas6g$5ap$1@dont-email.me> <jbbisgt5g3u4diouijhs5cjdv9obfbbfs3@4ax.com> <sqbbbn$aib$1@dont-email.me> <67djsgdsgjedju3omf63s5r73v2u9rv0a9@4ax.com> <sqcp45$ve$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 12:20:41 -0500
 by: John H - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 17:20 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:20:22 -0000 (UTC), Justan <1@2.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>beach> traffic is the pits but it was sort of worth it to eat at Nervous> Nellies.>I got all worked up about crossing the Macinac bridge in the> camper a couple of years ago. But when we got there the skies> were clear and there was no wind. Crossing was uneventful.Baileys is the old general store at the other end of Periwinkle (AKABullwinkle). Bailey is an old family name on Sanibel.
>>>
>>>We did ride thru the parking lot. I thought it was weird that a
>>> hardware store was inside the grocery store.
>>
>>In Gettysburg, the hardware store is in the large back room of a gun
>>shop. Nice gun shop too.
>
>I have a gift for you.
>I have pre authorized a purchase for you at the Gettysburg gun shop.
> Authorization code: 21-5489. Pick out any gun you desire and show a credit

I'm out of state so can't buy a handgun and don't want any more
anyway!

Re: Travel report

<lecksglhqttsfopsh59138bjt6ob905fqs@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3515&group=rec.boats#3515

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 13:52:38 -0800
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 21:52 UTC

> [...]

>beach> traffic is the pits but it was sort of worth it to eat at Nervous> Nellies.>I got all worked up about crossing the Macinac bridge in the> camper a couple of years ago. But when we got there the skies> were clear and there was no wind. Crossing was uneventful.Baileys is the old general store at the other end of Periwinkle (AKABullwinkle). Bailey is an old family name on Sanibel.
>
>We did ride thru the parking lot. I thought it was weird that a
> hardware store was inside the grocery store.

For decades Baileys was the only store on Sanibel (before the bridge)
and if you wanted anything, you went to baileys.
WCGU (PBS) has a good 2 part show about Sanibel in the "Untold
Stories" series. It tells you a lot about what it was like before the
60s when they built the bridge. I was there right after the bridge was
built and it was a totally different place. Sanibel is still more of a
cult than a city anyway. They like the illusion that the place is
unchanged and still a quaint little island town but the fact is they
have developed every square inch they can develop and they are still
chipping away at the preserves. It has changed a lot since 84 when I
lived there. They used Charley and exotic vegetation mitigation as an
excuse to develop about 150 acres of Australian Pine hammock off of
Donax into a golf course. It used to be a great place to pretend you
were away from civilization and catch a bass or two as long as you
didn't look around too hard. Summer was nice there but about december
the snowbirds were coming back and the island was gridlocked so I
bailed. I was already warned and I had my house in Estero by the end
of October but my lease was good until Jan 29 so I kept it. My inlaws
stayed there Dec & Jan while they were house hunting.

Re: Travel report

<caoksg56n6j6dgh53sn7chqgjk849edcoo@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3516&group=rec.boats#3516

From: rob...@mr_robot.com (Mr Robot)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:59:25 -0800
 by: Mr Robot - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 00:59 UTC

> [...]

>We spent about 4 hours on Sanibel today. Parked the car at the
> visitor center and rode around on our E bikes. Traffic was heavy;
> even on the main trails. I must say the car drivers were quite
> courteous toward bikers. I had some of the best Ipswich fried
> clams and NE chowder at the Clam Shack. Wife had Lobster Salad
> and loved it. You lost me with Bailys and Bullwinkle? FM beach
> traffic is the pits but it was sort of worth it to eat at Nervous
> Nellies.
>I got all worked up about crossing the Macinac bridge in the
> camper a couple of years ago. But when we got there the skies
> were clear and there was no wind. Crossing was uneventful.

You get all worked up when you think of your golden showers hero Mr.
Trumpee.

Re: Travel report

<8coksgtj3fneer1qe4b5fvo0o3a0ceof9c@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3517&group=rec.boats#3517

From: rob...@mr_robot.com (Mr Robot)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 17:00:12 -0800
 by: Mr Robot - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 01:00 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 07:44:18 -0500, John H <jherring@cox.net> wrote:

> [...]
>>beach> traffic is the pits but it was sort of worth it to eat at Nervous> Nellies.>I got all worked up about crossing the Macinac bridge in the> camper a couple of years ago. But when we got there the skies> were clear and there was no wind. Crossing was uneventful.Baileys is the old general store at the other end of Periwinkle (AKABullwinkle). Bailey is an old family name on Sanibel.
>>
>>We did ride thru the parking lot. I thought it was weird that a
>> hardware store was inside the grocery store.
>
>In Gettysburg, the hardware store is in the large back room of a gun

Did you whip out your little pistol?

Re: Travel report

<7doksg5lf6t0av8r94jq1d0h474bfud63v@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3518&group=rec.boats#3518

From: rob...@mr_robot.com (Mr Robot)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 17:00:43 -0800
References: <ckjbsglql5obtbci6n6vr5h04t1cmlldv0@4ax.com> <3063a05b-cf86-40ac-a854-a4c2af125217n@googlegroups.com> <nu4dsglikebglq5sd96digdfgpq00fcai6@4ax.com> <sq719s$hij$1@dont-email.me> <5n7gsgp6di4megfhjdgi1ces56hiu9prd3@4ax.com> <sqas6g$5ap$1@dont-email.me> <jbbisgt5g3u4diouijhs5cjdv9obfbbfs3@4ax.com> <sqbbbn$aib$1@dont-email.me> <67djsgdsgjedju3omf63s5r73v2u9rv0a9@4ax.com> <sqcp45$ve$1@dont-email.me> <0etjsg984elknu497p8lejp2lp5d4hn1kd@4ax.com>

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 12:20:41 -0500, John H <jherring@cox.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 16:20:22 -0000 (UTC), Justan <1@2.com> wrote:

>>on
>am

>>>In Gettysburg, the hardware store is in the large back room of a gun
>>>shop. Nice gun shop too.
>>
>>I have a gift for you.
>>I have pre authorized a purchase for you at the Gettysburg gun shop.
>> Authorization code: 21-5489. Pick out any gun you desire and show a credit
>> card. :-)
>
>I'm out of state so can't buy a handgun and don't want any more
>anyway!

Just use your buddy Justine's hand.