Intolerance is the last defense of the insecure.

interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 4,6 answers: CanTennis, movie quotes

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruitsMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruitsJoshua Kreitzer
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruitsErland Sommarskog
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruitsDan Blum
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruitsPete Gayde
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruitsDan Tilque
+- RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3 answers: CanRivers, exotic fruitsMark Brader
`* RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 4,6: CanTennis, movie quotesMark Brader
 +- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 4,6: CanTennis, movie quotesJoshua Kreitzer
 `- RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 4,6 answers: CanTennis, movie quotesMark Brader

1
RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruits

<zcudnRe5FMdvAVP8nZ2dnUU7-WnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3530&group=rec.games.trivia#3530

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruits
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 00:02:26 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 06:02 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-02-06,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 3, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

1. Which hockey player was diagnosed to have two broken bones
in his neck, after several misdiagnoses?

2. Name the website that is planning a massive IPO for
$5,000,000,000.

* Game 3, Round 2 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Rivers

We provide you with the name of a river, and you tell us the name
of the body of water that it empties into. This could be another
river, a lake, or a salt-water body.

For example, if we said "Don R.", the correct answer would
be Lake Ontario. Downstream bodies of water such as the
St. Lawrence R. would be ruled incorrect. Also note that if
the specific part of that body of water has a separate name,
that's the name you need to give -- if we asked for the Loire,
you'd need to say the Bay of Biscay, not the Atlantic Ocean.

1. Red R.
2. Grand R.
3. St. John R.
4. Saguenay R.
5. Albany R.
6. Mackenzie R.
7. Thompson R.
8. St. Mary's R. (the one in Ontario).
9. Bow R.
10. Churchill R.

* Game 3, Round 3 - Science - Exotic Fruits

Please see the 2-page handout:
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/03-03/fruit.pdf

We give you the name of an exotic fruit, and you give us the
number of the picture on the handout.

1. Quince.
2. Bitter melon.
3. Persimmon.
4. Pomegranate.
5. Dragon Fruit.
6. Lychee.
7. Guava.
8. Passion Fruit.
9. Kumquat.
10. Durian.

If you like, continue with the 8 decoys, given here in rot13, for
fun but for no points.

11. Npxrr sehvg.
12. Oernqsehvg.
13. Pvgeba.
14. Svt.
15. Wnpxsehvg.
16. Znatb.
17. Cncnln.
18. Fbhefbc.

--
Mark Brader | "The closest I can get to describing her is to compare
Toronto | the feeling one gets from picking up a ten-card suit..."

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruits

<f6dee442-8329-4e02-9ea5-a7deafc612e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3531&group=rec.games.trivia#3531

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 22:25:41 -0800 (PST)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 06:25 UTC

On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 12:02:31 AM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 3, Round 2 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Rivers

No answers in this round.

> * Game 3, Round 3 - Science - Exotic Fruits
>
> Please see the 2-page handout:
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/03-03/fruit.pdf
>
> We give you the name of an exotic fruit, and you give us the
> number of the picture on the handout.
>
> 1. Quince.

14; 9

> 2. Bitter melon.

11; 12

> 3. Persimmon.

15

8

2

> 6. Lychee.

3; 4

> 7. Guava.

5; 13

> 8. Passion Fruit.

4; 18

7

> 10. Durian.

3; 17

> If you like, continue with the 8 decoys, given here in rot13, for
> fun but for no points.
>
> 13. Pvgeba.

Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruits

<XnsAE1176A62E7AAYazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3532&group=rec.games.trivia#3532

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 11:39:49 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 10:39 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 3, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> 2. Name the website that is planning a massive IPO for
> $5,000,000,000.

Facecbook?

> * Game 3, Round 2 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Rivers
>
> 10. Churchill R.

Hudson Bay
> * Game 3, Round 3 - Science - Exotic Fruits
>
> Please see the 2-page handout:
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/03-03/fruit.pdf
>
> We give you the name of an exotic fruit, and you give us the
> number of the picture on the handout.
>
> 1. Quince.

11

> 2. Bitter melon.

18

> 3. Persimmon.

13

8

2

4

5

> 8. Passion Fruit.

15

9

> 10. Durian.

17

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruits

<sqo99t$ir0$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3533&group=rec.games.trivia#3533

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 01:03:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Sat, 1 Jan 2022 01:03 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 3, Round 2 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Rivers

These are probably all hilariously wrong.

> 1. Red R.

Lake Superior; Lake Huron

> 3. St. John R.

Bay of Fundy

> 6. Mackenzie R.

Vancouver Sound

> 10. Churchill R.

Lake Huron; Lake Superior

> * Game 3, Round 3 - Science - Exotic Fruits

> 1. Quince.

14; 10

> 2. Bitter melon.

5; 12

> 3. Persimmon.

18; 11

8

2

4

> 7. Guava.

11; 9

> 8. Passion Fruit.

16; 11

> 9. Kumquat.

7; 10

> 10. Durian.

17; 13

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruits

<sqqekr$1vc7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3534&group=rec.games.trivia#3534

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 14:47:23 -0600
 by: Pete Gayde - Sat, 1 Jan 2022 20:47 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-02-06,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
> and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
> correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
> that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
> on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 3, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Which hockey player was diagnosed to have two broken bones
> in his neck, after several misdiagnoses?
>
> 2. Name the website that is planning a massive IPO for
> $5,000,000,000.
>

> * Game 3, Round 2 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Rivers
>
> We provide you with the name of a river, and you tell us the name
> of the body of water that it empties into. This could be another
> river, a lake, or a salt-water body.
>
> For example, if we said "Don R.", the correct answer would
> be Lake Ontario. Downstream bodies of water such as the
> St. Lawrence R. would be ruled incorrect. Also note that if
> the specific part of that body of water has a separate name,
> that's the name you need to give -- if we asked for the Loire,
> you'd need to say the Bay of Biscay, not the Atlantic Ocean.
>
> 1. Red R.

Georgian Bay; Lake Huron

> 2. Grand R.

Lake Superior; Lake Winnipeg

> 3. St. John R.

Bay of Fundy

> 4. Saguenay R.

Lake Ontario

> 5. Albany R.

Lake Ontario

> 6. Mackenzie R.

Arctic Ocean

> 7. Thompson R.

Arctic Ocean; Lake Superior

> 8. St. Mary's R. (the one in Ontario).

Lake Huron

> 9. Bow R.

Lake Superior; Arctic Ocean

> 10. Churchill R.

Hudson Bay

9

> 2. Bitter melon.

18; 10

> 3. Persimmon.

15; 16

8

> 5. Dragon Fruit.

2; 13

4

> 7. Guava.

5; 10

> 8. Passion Fruit.

11

> 9. Kumquat.

7; 16

> 10. Durian.

17

> If you like, continue with the 8 decoys, given here in rot13, for
> fun but for no points.
>
> 11. Npxrr sehvg.
> 12. Oernqsehvg.
> 13. Pvgeba.
> 14. Svt.
> 15. Wnpxsehvg.
> 16. Znatb.
> 17. Cncnln.
> 18. Fbhefbc.

Pete Gayde

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3: CanRivers, exotic fruits

<sqrisj$3ub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3535&group=rec.games.trivia#3535

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 23:05:52 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 07:05 UTC

On 12/30/21 10:02 PM, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 3, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Which hockey player was diagnosed to have two broken bones
> in his neck, after several misdiagnoses?
>
> 2. Name the website that is planning a massive IPO for
> $5,000,000,000.
>

> * Game 3, Round 2 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Rivers
>
> We provide you with the name of a river, and you tell us the name
> of the body of water that it empties into. This could be another
> river, a lake, or a salt-water body.
>
> For example, if we said "Don R.", the correct answer would
> be Lake Ontario. Downstream bodies of water such as the
> St. Lawrence R. would be ruled incorrect. Also note that if
> the specific part of that body of water has a separate name,
> that's the name you need to give -- if we asked for the Loire,
> you'd need to say the Bay of Biscay, not the Atlantic Ocean.
>
> 1. Red R.

Lake Winnipeg

> 2. Grand R.

Lake Ontario

> 3. St. John R.

Bay of Fundy

> 4. Saguenay R.

St Lawrence River

> 5. Albany R.

James Bay

> 6. Mackenzie R.

Beaufort Sea

> 7. Thompson R.

Pacific Ocean

> 8. St. Mary's R. (the one in Ontario).

Lake Huron

> 9. Bow R.

Lake Nipissing; Lake Simcoe

> 10. Churchill R.

Hudson Bay

> * Game 3, Round 3 - Science - Exotic Fruits
>
> Please see the 2-page handout:
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/03-03/fruit.pdf
>
> We give you the name of an exotic fruit, and you give us the
> number of the picture on the handout.
>
> 1. Quince.

11

> 2. Bitter melon.
> 3. Persimmon.
> 4. Pomegranate.

10

2

9

5

--
Dan Tilque

RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3 answers: CanRivers, exotic fruits

<kImdneoRpu7hCE_8nZ2dnUU7-bfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3536&group=rec.games.trivia#3536

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 2-3 answers: CanRivers, exotic fruits
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 00:19:40 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 06:19 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-02-06,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 3, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

> Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

> 1. Which hockey player was diagnosed to have two broken bones
> in his neck, after several misdiagnoses?

Sydney Crosby. But in fact this was another misdiagnosis; he only
had a soft-tissue injury!

> 2. Name the website that is planning a massive IPO for
> $5,000,000,000.

Facebook. Erlacnd got this.

> * Game 3, Round 2 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Rivers

> We provide you with the name of a river, and you tell us the name
> of the body of water that it empties into. This could be another
> river, a lake, or a salt-water body.

> For example, if we said "Don R.", the correct answer would
> be Lake Ontario. Downstream bodies of water such as the
> St. Lawrence R. would be ruled incorrect. Also note that if
> the specific part of that body of water has a separate name,
> that's the name you need to give -- if we asked for the Loire,
> you'd need to say the Bay of Biscay, not the Atlantic Ocean.

> 1. Red R.

L. Winnipeg. 4 for Dan Tilque.

> 2. Grand R.

L. Erie.

> 3. St. John R.

Bay of Fundy. 4 for Dan Blum (not so hilariously), Pete,
and Dan Tilque.

> 4. Saguenay R.

St. Lawrence R. 4 for Dan Tilque.

> 5. Albany R.

James Bay. 4 for Dan Tilque.

> 6. Mackenzie R.

Beaufort Sea. (See the Loire example.) 4 for Dan Tilque.

> 7. Thompson R.

Fraser R.

> 8. St. Mary's R. (the one in Ontario).

L. Huron (or North Channel). 4 for Pete and Dan Tilque.

> 9. Bow R.

South Saskatchewan R. The Saskatchewan R. was also accepted in the
original game, despite being a downstream body of water, so I'd've
accepted it too.

> 10. Churchill R.

Hudson Bay. 4 for Erland, Pete, and Dan Tilque.

#14. 3 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

#1.

#9.

#8. 4 for Joshua, Erland, Dan Blum, and Pete.

#2. 4 for Joshua, Erland, Dan Blum, and Dan Tilque. 3 for Pete.

#4. 4 for Erland, Dan Blum, and Pete. 2 for Joshua.

#11. 3 for Dan Blum.

#15. 4 for Erland.

#7. 4 for Joshua. 3 for Dan Blum and Pete.

#17. 4 for Erland and Pete. 3 for Dan Blum. 2 for Joshua.

#3.

#6.

#18. Joshua got this.

#16.

#12.

#10.

#5.

#13.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 3 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Can Sci
Dan Tilque 28 4 32
Pete Gayde 12 18 30
Dan Blum 4 24 28
Erland Sommarskog 4 20 24
Joshua Kreitzer 0 19 19

--
Mark Brader | "...all these superheroes really have the same super-power:
Toronto | they have the writer(s) on their side."

RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 4,6: CanTennis, movie quotes

<6aCdnYYJ36l9CE_8nZ2dnUU7-e3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3537&group=rec.games.trivia#3537

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 4,6: CanTennis, movie quotes
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 00:21:20 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 06:21 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-02-06,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 3, Round 4 - Canadiana Sports - Canadian Tennis

*Note*: Sorry, but I don't understand the organization of tennis
tournaments well enough to try updating this round. Only the
answers that were correct in 2012 will be accepted.

1. Name the Canadian tennis pro from Thornhill who """has already
won""" 2 ATP tournaments in his young career.

2. Name either the *city* where <answer 1> won """*last* year""".
or the *country* where he won """earlier *this* year""".

3. Who was the last Canadian male tennis player prior to <answer 1>
to win the singles event at an ATP tournament? He """is"""
perhaps best known for his tennis defection to Great Britain.

4. Name the Canadian who """is""" #1 all-time in doubles wins
and """has won""" a career Grand Slam in doubles and """is
currently""" #3 in the world in doubles.

5. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with
the previous question. Ng juvpu Bylzcvpf qvq Qnavry Arfgbe
naq Fronfgvra Ynernh grnz hc gb jva n qbhoyrf tbyq zrqny?
Tvir gur lrne be gur pvgl.

6. Which corporation """is the current""" title sponsor of the
"""two""" high-level tour events, one for males and one for
females, that are annually played in Canada?

7. Name the woman tennis player who """is currently""" the
highest-ranked Canadian in the world.

8. Name the Canadian tennis player, a fixture on the tour from the
mid-1980's through the early 1990's, who was known as Hurricane
Helen.

9. Name the Canadian female tennis player who reached #8 in the
1980s and starred in the movie "Spring Fever". She married
fellow tennis pro Robert Seguso.

10. In which Canadian city """is""" the Davis Cup tie with France
being played next weekend?

* Game 3, Round 6 - Entertainment - Movie Quotes

In each case, name the movie that featured the line and made it famous.

1. "As you wish."
2. "They call me Mr. Tibbs!"
3. "You can't handle the truth."
4. "There's no crying in baseball!"
5. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
6. "What we have here... is failure to communicate."
7. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
8. "Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose any more. Goodbye."
9. "Surely you can't be serious."
"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."
10. "Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is
no basis for a system of government."

--
Mark Brader | I hate to get pedantic [*], but...
Toronto | [*] I also lie a lot.

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 4,6: CanTennis, movie quotes

<a94497b3-96f7-47b2-acc4-afdd04360d9dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3539&group=rec.games.trivia#3539

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 02:04:41 -0800 (PST)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 10:04 UTC

On Monday, January 3, 2022 at 12:21:25 AM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 3, Round 4 - Canadiana Sports - Canadian Tennis
>
> 9. Name the Canadian female tennis player who reached #8 in the
> 1980s and starred in the movie "Spring Fever". She married
> fellow tennis pro Robert Seguso.

Carling Bassett
> * Game 3, Round 6 - Entertainment - Movie Quotes
>
> In each case, name the movie that featured the line and made it famous.
>
> 1. "As you wish."

"The Princess Bride"

> 2. "They call me Mr. Tibbs!"

"In the Heat of the Night"

> 3. "You can't handle the truth."

"A Few Good Men"
> 4. "There's no crying in baseball!"

"A League of Their Own"
> 5. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

"Apocalypse Now"

> 6. "What we have here... is failure to communicate."

"Cool Hand Luke"

> 7. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

"Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb"
> 8. "Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose any more. Goodbye."

"2001: A Space Odyssey"

> 9. "Surely you can't be serious."
> "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

"Airplane!"

> 10. "Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is
> no basis for a system of government."

"Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 4,6 answers: CanTennis, movie quotes

<5PWdnU_YJPhj4kv8nZ2dnUU7-RvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3550&group=rec.games.trivia#3550

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 3, Rounds 4,6 answers: CanTennis, movie quotes
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 23:37:02 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 05:37 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-02-06,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 3, Round 4 - Canadiana Sports - Canadian Tennis

This was the second-hardest round in the original game, after the
audio round.

> *Note*: Sorry, but I don't understand the organization of tennis
> tournaments well enough to try updating this round. Only the
> answers that were correct in 2012 will be accepted.

> 1. Name the Canadian tennis pro from Thornhill who """has already
> won""" 2 ATP tournaments in his young career.

Milos Raonic.

> 2. Name either the *city* where <answer 1> won """*last* year""".
> or the *country* where he won """earlier *this* year""".

San Jose, India.

> 3. Who was the last Canadian male tennis player prior to <answer 1>
> to win the singles event at an ATP tournament? He """is"""
> perhaps best known for his tennis defection to Great Britain.

Greg Rusedski.

> 4. Name the Canadian who """is""" #1 all-time in doubles wins
> and """has won""" a career Grand Slam in doubles and """is
> currently""" #3 in the world in doubles.

Daniel Nestor.

> 5. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with
> the previous question. At which Olympics did Daniel Nestor
> and Sebastien Lareau team up to win a doubles gold medal?
> Give the year or the city.

2000, Sydney.

> 6. Which corporation """is the current""" title sponsor of the
> """two""" high-level tour events, one for males and one for
> females, that are annually played in Canada?

Rogers.

> 7. Name the woman tennis player who """is currently""" the
> highest-ranked Canadian in the world.

Rebecca Marino.

> 8. Name the Canadian tennis player, a fixture on the tour from the
> mid-1980's through the early 1990's, who was known as Hurricane
> Helen.

Helen Kelesi.

> 9. Name the Canadian female tennis player who reached #8 in the
> 1980s and starred in the movie "Spring Fever". She married
> fellow tennis pro Robert Seguso.

Carling Bassett. 4 for Joshua.

> 10. In which Canadian city """is""" the Davis Cup tie with France
> being played next weekend?

Vancouver. 3 for Dan Blum and Pete.

> * Game 3, Round 6 - Entertainment - Movie Quotes

> In each case, name the movie that featured the line and made it famous.

> 1. "As you wish."

"The Princess Bride" (1987). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Dan Tilque.

> 2. "They call me Mr. Tibbs!"

"In the Heat of the Night" (1967). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum,
Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 3. "You can't handle the truth."

"A Few Good Men" (1992). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque,
and Pete.

> 4. "There's no crying in baseball!"

"A League of Their Own" (1992). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 5. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

"Apocalypse Now" (1979). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque,
and Pete.

> 6. "What we have here... is failure to communicate."

"Cool Hand Luke" (1967). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 7. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

"Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb"
(1964). The short title was sufficient. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum,
Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 8. "Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose any more. Goodbye."

"2001: A Space Odyssey" (1968). 4 for everyone -- Joshua, Dan Blum,
Erland, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 9. "Surely you can't be serious."
> "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

"Airplane" (1980, aka "Flying High"). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum,
Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 10. "Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is
> no basis for a system of government."

"Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (1975). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum,
Dan Tilque, and Pete.

See: http://web.archive.org/web/20130509001957/http://erwm.posterous.com/here-is-a-political-message-i-can-support

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 3 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Can Sci Can Ent
Dan Blum 4 24 3 40 71
Pete Gayde 12 18 3 36 69
Dan Tilque 28 4 0 32 64
Joshua Kreitzer 0 19 4 40 63
Erland Sommarskog 4 20 0 4 28

--
Mark Brader, "Technically, it is readable by a human being."
Toronto, msb@vex.net -- David Slocombe