From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Re: trump HATES police fire and e.m.s.
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 19:53:15 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 00:53 UTC

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 15:58:30 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
<bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:

>Trump Bills Secret Service $40,000 At Mar-a-Lago Since Leaving Office
>The Guardian - May 21, 2021
>-- https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/21/trump-secret-service-mar-a-lago-florida-room

That is just how it works. How much do we pay for the other former
president's security?

As much as you may hate him, Nixon was the only former president to
waive off SS protection and hire his own, although the law allowed him
to have it.
In 1994 protection was reduced to 10 years
Obama reupped that law in 2013, making it lifetime again and the
wording is such that the only way it would be unavailable is if the
president was removed by impeachment (not resignation or an amendment
25 action).
They all get a million dollars a year for security and other
incidental expenses in addition to other percs. Obama spent $1,153,000
in 2018 according to a Congressional Research Service memo, the new
record high at the time.

Personally I think it is stupid. In 1958 when the original law was
passed former presidents like Truman may not have really had much
money but these days they are all millionaires shortly after they
leave office. They can afford their own security and office space.
Carter, maybe the poorest former president at ~$10M, costs us the
least ($400k or so)

Re: trump HATES police fire and e.m.s.

<sr4rdr$rdl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3561&group=rec.boats#3561

From: califbil...@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 19:26:51 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:s+wX50PBxMGy7Nz9XNCANHnnk1k=
 by: Bill - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 19:26 UTC

<gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 15:58:30 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
> <bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Trump Bills Secret Service $40,000 At Mar-a-Lago Since Leaving Office
>> The Guardian - May 21, 2021
>> --
>> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/21/trump-secret-service-mar-a-lago-florida-room
>>

> That is just how it works. How much do we pay for the other former
> president's security?
>
> As much as you may hate him, Nixon was the only former president to
> waive off SS protection and hire his own, although the law allowed him
> to have it.
> In 1994 protection was reduced to 10 years
> Obama reupped that law in 2013, making it lifetime again and the
> wording is such that the only way it would be unavailable is if the
> president was removed by impeachment (not resignation or an amendment
> 25 action).
> They all get a million dollars a year for security and other
> incidental expenses in addition to other percs. Obama spent $1,153,000
> in 2018 according to a Congressional Research Service memo, the new
> record high at the time.
>
> Personally I think it is stupid. In 1958 when the original law was
> passed former presidents like Truman may not have really had much
> money but these days they are all millionaires shortly after they
> leave office. They can afford their own security and office space.
> Carter, maybe the poorest former president at ~$10M, costs us the
> least ($400k or so)

Clinton billed the SS $10,000 a month for the housing at his new mansion in
New York. Approximately the monthly mortgage payment for the estate.
Share the blame!

Re: trump HATES police fire and e.m.s.

<31bctgpen19qf3ci61c8n6lpd1q2dr7ftj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3562&group=rec.boats#3562

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 18:40:44 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 23:40 UTC

On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 19:26:51 -0000 (UTC), Bill
<califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

><gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 15:58:30 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
>> <bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Trump Bills Secret Service $40,000 At Mar-a-Lago Since Leaving Office
>>> The Guardian - May 21, 2021
>>> --
>>> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/21/trump-secret-service-mar-a-lago-florida-room
>>>

>> That is just how it works. How much do we pay for the other former
>> president's security?
>>
>> As much as you may hate him, Nixon was the only former president to
>> waive off SS protection and hire his own, although the law allowed him
>> to have it.
>> In 1994 protection was reduced to 10 years
>> Obama reupped that law in 2013, making it lifetime again and the
>> wording is such that the only way it would be unavailable is if the
>> president was removed by impeachment (not resignation or an amendment
>> 25 action).
>> They all get a million dollars a year for security and other
>> incidental expenses in addition to other percs. Obama spent $1,153,000
>> in 2018 according to a Congressional Research Service memo, the new
>> record high at the time.
>>
>> Personally I think it is stupid. In 1958 when the original law was
>> passed former presidents like Truman may not have really had much
>> money but these days they are all millionaires shortly after they
>> leave office. They can afford their own security and office space.
>> Carter, maybe the poorest former president at ~$10M, costs us the
>> least ($400k or so)
>>

>Clinton billed the SS $10,000 a month for the housing at his new mansion in
>New York. Approximately the monthly mortgage payment for the estate.
>Share the blame!

The Bowz doesn't want to hear that. He is even in denial about Clinton
and Epstein being friends saying all the AP and UPI photos are
photoshopped.

Re: trump HATES police fire and e.m.s.

<uuvetgd3m3b843gn230j1n0pann7ckms3q@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3578&group=rec.boats#3578

From: rob...@mr_robot.com (Mr Robot)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 15:50:05 -0800
 by: Mr Robot - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 23:50 UTC

On Wed, 05 Jan 2022 18:40:44 -0500, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 19:26:51 -0000 (UTC), Bill
><califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>><gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:

>>> That is just how it works. How much do we pay for the other former
>>> president's security?
>>>
>>> As much as you may hate him, Nixon was the only former president to
>>> waive off SS protection and hire his own, although the law allowed him
>>> to have it.
>>> In 1994 protection was reduced to 10 years
>>> Obama reupped that law in 2013, making it lifetime again and the
>>> wording is such that the only way it would be unavailable is if the
>>> president was removed by impeachment (not resignation or an amendment
>>> 25 action).
>>> They all get a million dollars a year for security and other
>>> incidental expenses in addition to other percs. Obama spent $1,153,000
>>> in 2018 according to a Congressional Research Service memo, the new
>>> record high at the time.
>>>
>>> Personally I think it is stupid. In 1958 when the original law was
>>> passed former presidents like Truman may not have really had much
>>> money but these days they are all millionaires shortly after they
>>> leave office. They can afford their own security and office space.
>>> Carter, maybe the poorest former president at ~$10M, costs us the
>>> least ($400k or so)
>>>

>>Clinton billed the SS $10,000 a month for the housing at his new mansion in
>>New York. Approximately the monthly mortgage payment for the estate.
>>Share the blame!
>
>The Bowz doesn't want to hear that. He is even in denial about Clinton
>and Epstein being friends saying all the AP and UPI photos are
>photoshopped.

FYI, moron, Trump was also his "friend." I doubt he participated in
the sex with children thing, as he's likely been impotent for decades.
Maybe he just liked to watch, sort of like the hookers peeing on the
Moscow hotel bed.