Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: chocolate, athlete-actors
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 23:22:24 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 05:22 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-02-13,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 4, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

1. Which performer gave an extended middle-finger salute during
the Super Bowl half-time show?

2. Prime Minister Harper wrapped up a visit to China aimed at
seeking new investments by announcing that Beijing has agreed
to two special loans to Canada. What do these special loans
involve?

* Game 4, Round 2 - Miscellaneous - Chocolate

A suitable round for Valentine's Day week. Feed some to your
spouse, but not to Fido, as it can be poisonous.

1. Surprisingly, the bulk of the world's cocoa beans are produced
in West Africa. Name the country that """leads the world"""
in the production of cocoa beans.

2. Name the country that """is""" the world's second leading cocoa
producer and by far Asia's largest producer.

3. Name the only component of the cocoa bean that is used when
making white chocolate. The other main component is omitted,
resulting in the whitish color.

4. EU regulations """specify""" that milk chocolate contain at
least 25% cocoa solids. What type of chocolate """must"""
contain at least 35% cocoa solids?

5. Each year people in this European country """eat""" the most
chocolate per capita in the world. Which country?

6. When visiting Eastern Ontario, a popular stop for families was
the Hershey chocolate factory located in this town about an
hour's drive from downtown Ottawa. Sadly, it closed """a few
years ago""". Name the town.

7. This is a traditional nighttime campfire treat popular in the
United States and Canada consisting of a roasted marshmallow
and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of
graham cracker. Name it.

8. This is the best-selling chocolate bar of all time. Manufactured
by the Mars Corp., it consists of peanut nougat topped with
roasted peanuts and caramel, enrobed in milk chocolate.

For questions #9-10, give the title, which contains the word
"Chocolate" in each case.

9. In this novel for young adults written by Robert Cormier, Trinity
High School freshman Jerry Renault defies mob rule and refuses
to join the annual school fund-raising initiative. For his
efforts he receives a cruel beating.

10. This 1974 Italian comedy-drama film chronicles the misadventures
of an Italian immigrant to Switzerland and is representative
of the commedia all'italiana film genre. Give the title in
either Italian or English.

* Game 4, Round 3 - Sports Entertainment - Athletes in Movies and TV

In each case, name the athlete.

1. He was Cleveland's running back 1957-65, and starred in over
30 movies, including "The Dirty Dozen".

2. He played football for the L.A. Rams 1962-76, and was on
"Father Murphy" and "Little House on the Prairie".

3. This "Rifleman" played baseball for the Chicago Cubs and Brooklyn
Dodgers, and basketball for the Boston Celtics.

4. He played football for the Lions in the '50s and '60s, and
played Mongo in "Blazing Saddles".

5. He played baseball from 1962 to 1967 and was an announcer
in the movie "Major league", and was on the TV sitcom
"Mr. Belvedere".

6. He was the co-pilot in the movie "Airplane", and set scoring
records for the Los Angeles Lakers.

7. This Yankee slugger tried to kill the Queen in the movie "The
Naked Gun".

8. This Buffalo Bills running back played Detective Nordberg in the
"Naked Gun" series.

9. This big NBA center rapped and was in the movies "Blue Chips"
and "Kazaam".

10. He was the starting quarterback for UCLA in 1972 and 1973,
and is """now""" better known as Jethro Gibbs on TV.

--
Mark Brader | "Everyone knows that the whole scheme is a pig's ear
Toronto | and a dog's breakfast, and a mare's nest to boot."

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: chocolate, athlete-actors

<e192b9bd-1ecc-4e76-b819-1a9e965085d7n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3573&group=rec.games.trivia#3573

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 21:30:14 -0800 (PST)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 05:30 UTC

On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 11:22:31 PM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Miscellaneous - Chocolate
>
> 1. Surprisingly, the bulk of the world's cocoa beans are produced
> in West Africa. Name the country that """leads the world"""
> in the production of cocoa beans.

Nigeria

> 2. Name the country that """is""" the world's second leading cocoa
> producer and by far Asia's largest producer.

Indonesia; Vietnam

> 4. EU regulations """specify""" that milk chocolate contain at
> least 25% cocoa solids. What type of chocolate """must"""
> contain at least 35% cocoa solids?

dark chocolate
> 5. Each year people in this European country """eat""" the most
> chocolate per capita in the world. Which country?

Switzerland

> 7. This is a traditional nighttime campfire treat popular in the
> United States and Canada consisting of a roasted marshmallow
> and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of
> graham cracker. Name it.

s'mores
> 8. This is the best-selling chocolate bar of all time. Manufactured
> by the Mars Corp., it consists of peanut nougat topped with
> roasted peanuts and caramel, enrobed in milk chocolate.

Snickers

> For questions #9-10, give the title, which contains the word
> "Chocolate" in each case.
>
> 9. In this novel for young adults written by Robert Cormier, Trinity
> High School freshman Jerry Renault defies mob rule and refuses
> to join the annual school fund-raising initiative. For his
> efforts he receives a cruel beating.

"The Chocolate War"

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports Entertainment - Athletes in Movies and TV
>
> In each case, name the athlete.
>
> 1. He was Cleveland's running back 1957-65, and starred in over
> 30 movies, including "The Dirty Dozen".

Jim Brown
> 2. He played football for the L.A. Rams 1962-76, and was on
> "Father Murphy" and "Little House on the Prairie".

Merlin Olsen

> 3. This "Rifleman" played baseball for the Chicago Cubs and Brooklyn
> Dodgers, and basketball for the Boston Celtics.

Chuck Connors

> 4. He played football for the Lions in the '50s and '60s, and
> played Mongo in "Blazing Saddles".

Alex Karras

> 5. He played baseball from 1962 to 1967 and was an announcer
> in the movie "Major league", and was on the TV sitcom
> "Mr. Belvedere".

Bob Uecker

> 6. He was the co-pilot in the movie "Airplane", and set scoring
> records for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

> 7. This Yankee slugger tried to kill the Queen in the movie "The
> Naked Gun".

Reggie Jackson

> 8. This Buffalo Bills running back played Detective Nordberg in the
> "Naked Gun" series.

O.J. Simpson

> 9. This big NBA center rapped and was in the movies "Blue Chips"
> and "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal

> 10. He was the starting quarterback for UCLA in 1972 and 1973,
> and is """now""" better known as Jethro Gibbs on TV.

Mark Harmon

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: chocolate, athlete-actors

<srlr1a$2ar$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3574&group=rec.games.trivia#3574

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 06:04:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 06:04 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Miscellaneous - Chocolate

> 1. Surprisingly, the bulk of the world's cocoa beans are produced
> in West Africa. Name the country that """leads the world"""
> in the production of cocoa beans.

Ghana

> 2. Name the country that """is""" the world's second leading cocoa
> producer and by far Asia's largest producer.

Thailand; China

> 4. EU regulations """specify""" that milk chocolate contain at
> least 25% cocoa solids. What type of chocolate """must"""
> contain at least 35% cocoa solids?

bittersweet

> 5. Each year people in this European country """eat""" the most
> chocolate per capita in the world. Which country?

Belgium; Switzerland

> 7. This is a traditional nighttime campfire treat popular in the
> United States and Canada consisting of a roasted marshmallow
> and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of
> graham cracker. Name it.

s'more

> 8. This is the best-selling chocolate bar of all time. Manufactured
> by the Mars Corp., it consists of peanut nougat topped with
> roasted peanuts and caramel, enrobed in milk chocolate.

Snickers

> 9. In this novel for young adults written by Robert Cormier, Trinity
> High School freshman Jerry Renault defies mob rule and refuses
> to join the annual school fund-raising initiative. For his
> efforts he receives a cruel beating.

The Chocolate War

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports Entertainment - Athletes in Movies and TV

> 1. He was Cleveland's running back 1957-65, and starred in over
> 30 movies, including "The Dirty Dozen".

Lee Marvin

> 6. He was the co-pilot in the movie "Airplane", and set scoring
> records for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

> 7. This Yankee slugger tried to kill the Queen in the movie "The
> Naked Gun".

Reggie Jackson

> 8. This Buffalo Bills running back played Detective Nordberg in the
> "Naked Gun" series.

O. J. Simpson

> 9. This big NBA center rapped and was in the movies "Blue Chips"
> and "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: chocolate, athlete-actors

<XnsAE1DCE488DDE5Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3575&group=rec.games.trivia#3575

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 20:16:42 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 19:16 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 4, Round 2 - Miscellaneous - Chocolate
>
> 1. Surprisingly, the bulk of the world's cocoa beans are produced
> in West Africa. Name the country that """leads the world"""
> in the production of cocoa beans.

Ghana
> 2. Name the country that """is""" the world's second leading cocoa
> producer and by far Asia's largest producer.

Indonesia
> 4. EU regulations """specify""" that milk chocolate contain at
> least 25% cocoa solids. What type of chocolate """must"""
> contain at least 35% cocoa solids?

Dark chocloate
> 5. Each year people in this European country """eat""" the most
> chocolate per capita in the world. Which country?

Belgium; Ukraine
> 8. This is the best-selling chocolate bar of all time. Manufactured
> by the Mars Corp., it consists of peanut nougat topped with
> roasted peanuts and caramel, enrobed in milk chocolate.

Snickers (at least that's what they call it over here).

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: chocolate, athlete-actors

<sroghm$nff$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3576&group=rec.games.trivia#3576

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 22:23:48 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 06:23 UTC

On 1/11/22 9:22 PM, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 4, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Which performer gave an extended middle-finger salute during
> the Super Bowl half-time show?
>
> 2. Prime Minister Harper wrapped up a visit to China aimed at
> seeking new investments by announcing that Beijing has agreed
> to two special loans to Canada. What do these special loans
> involve?
>

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Miscellaneous - Chocolate
>
> A suitable round for Valentine's Day week. Feed some to your
> spouse, but not to Fido, as it can be poisonous.
>
> 1. Surprisingly, the bulk of the world's cocoa beans are produced
> in West Africa. Name the country that """leads the world"""
> in the production of cocoa beans.

Ghana

> 2. Name the country that """is""" the world's second leading cocoa
> producer and by far Asia's largest producer.

Vietnam

> 3. Name the only component of the cocoa bean that is used when
> making white chocolate. The other main component is omitted,
> resulting in the whitish color.

cocoa butter

> 4. EU regulations """specify""" that milk chocolate contain at
> least 25% cocoa solids. What type of chocolate """must"""
> contain at least 35% cocoa solids?

dark chocolate

> 5. Each year people in this European country """eat""" the most
> chocolate per capita in the world. Which country?

Switzerland

> 6. When visiting Eastern Ontario, a popular stop for families was
> the Hershey chocolate factory located in this town about an
> hour's drive from downtown Ottawa. Sadly, it closed """a few
> years ago""". Name the town.
>
> 7. This is a traditional nighttime campfire treat popular in the
> United States and Canada consisting of a roasted marshmallow
> and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of
> graham cracker. Name it.

s'mores

> 8. This is the best-selling chocolate bar of all time. Manufactured
> by the Mars Corp., it consists of peanut nougat topped with
> roasted peanuts and caramel, enrobed in milk chocolate.

Snickers

> For questions #9-10, give the title, which contains the word
> "Chocolate" in each case.
>
> 9. In this novel for young adults written by Robert Cormier, Trinity
> High School freshman Jerry Renault defies mob rule and refuses
> to join the annual school fund-raising initiative. For his
> efforts he receives a cruel beating.
>
> 10. This 1974 Italian comedy-drama film chronicles the misadventures
> of an Italian immigrant to Switzerland and is representative
> of the commedia all'italiana film genre. Give the title in
> either Italian or English.
>

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports Entertainment - Athletes in Movies and TV
>
> In each case, name the athlete.
>
> 1. He was Cleveland's running back 1957-65, and starred in over
> 30 movies, including "The Dirty Dozen".

Jim Brown

> 2. He played football for the L.A. Rams 1962-76, and was on
> "Father Murphy" and "Little House on the Prairie".
>
> 3. This "Rifleman" played baseball for the Chicago Cubs and Brooklyn
> Dodgers, and basketball for the Boston Celtics.

Chuck Connor

> 4. He played football for the Lions in the '50s and '60s, and
> played Mongo in "Blazing Saddles".

Alex Karras

> 5. He played baseball from 1962 to 1967 and was an announcer
> in the movie "Major league", and was on the TV sitcom
> "Mr. Belvedere".

Bob Uecker

> 6. He was the co-pilot in the movie "Airplane", and set scoring
> records for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

> 7. This Yankee slugger tried to kill the Queen in the movie "The
> Naked Gun".
>
> 8. This Buffalo Bills running back played Detective Nordberg in the
> "Naked Gun" series.

OJ Simpson

> 9. This big NBA center rapped and was in the movies "Blue Chips"
> and "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal

> 10. He was the starting quarterback for UCLA in 1972 and 1973,
> and is """now""" better known as Jethro Gibbs on TV.

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: chocolate, athlete-actors

<srr77t$75o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3577&group=rec.games.trivia#3577

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:03:25 -0600
 by: Pete Gayde - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 07:03 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-02-13,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
> and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
> correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
> that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
> on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 4, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Which performer gave an extended middle-finger salute during
> the Super Bowl half-time show?
>
> 2. Prime Minister Harper wrapped up a visit to China aimed at
> seeking new investments by announcing that Beijing has agreed
> to two special loans to Canada. What do these special loans
> involve?
>

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Miscellaneous - Chocolate
>
> A suitable round for Valentine's Day week. Feed some to your
> spouse, but not to Fido, as it can be poisonous.
>
> 1. Surprisingly, the bulk of the world's cocoa beans are produced
> in West Africa. Name the country that """leads the world"""
> in the production of cocoa beans.

Senegal; Ivory Coast

> 2. Name the country that """is""" the world's second leading cocoa
> producer and by far Asia's largest producer.

Indonesia

> 3. Name the only component of the cocoa bean that is used when
> making white chocolate. The other main component is omitted,
> resulting in the whitish color.
>
> 4. EU regulations """specify""" that milk chocolate contain at
> least 25% cocoa solids. What type of chocolate """must"""
> contain at least 35% cocoa solids?

Dark chocolate

> 5. Each year people in this European country """eat""" the most
> chocolate per capita in the world. Which country?

Belgium; Netherlands

> 6. When visiting Eastern Ontario, a popular stop for families was
> the Hershey chocolate factory located in this town about an
> hour's drive from downtown Ottawa. Sadly, it closed """a few
> years ago""". Name the town.
>
> 7. This is a traditional nighttime campfire treat popular in the
> United States and Canada consisting of a roasted marshmallow
> and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of
> graham cracker. Name it.

Smores

> 8. This is the best-selling chocolate bar of all time. Manufactured
> by the Mars Corp., it consists of peanut nougat topped with
> roasted peanuts and caramel, enrobed in milk chocolate.

Snickers

> For questions #9-10, give the title, which contains the word
> "Chocolate" in each case.
>
> 9. In this novel for young adults written by Robert Cormier, Trinity
> High School freshman Jerry Renault defies mob rule and refuses
> to join the annual school fund-raising initiative. For his
> efforts he receives a cruel beating.
>
> 10. This 1974 Italian comedy-drama film chronicles the misadventures
> of an Italian immigrant to Switzerland and is representative
> of the commedia all'italiana film genre. Give the title in
> either Italian or English.

Like Water for Chocolate

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports Entertainment - Athletes in Movies and TV
>
> In each case, name the athlete.
>
> 1. He was Cleveland's running back 1957-65, and starred in over
> 30 movies, including "The Dirty Dozen".

Jim Brown

> 2. He played football for the L.A. Rams 1962-76, and was on
> "Father Murphy" and "Little House on the Prairie".

Merlin Olsen

> 3. This "Rifleman" played baseball for the Chicago Cubs and Brooklyn
> Dodgers, and basketball for the Boston Celtics.

Chuck Connors

> 4. He played football for the Lions in the '50s and '60s, and
> played Mongo in "Blazing Saddles".

Alex Karras

> 5. He played baseball from 1962 to 1967 and was an announcer
> in the movie "Major league", and was on the TV sitcom
> "Mr. Belvedere".

Bob Uecker

> 6. He was the co-pilot in the movie "Airplane", and set scoring
> records for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

> 7. This Yankee slugger tried to kill the Queen in the movie "The
> Naked Gun".

Reggie Jackson

> 8. This Buffalo Bills running back played Detective Nordberg in the
> "Naked Gun" series.

O. J. Simpson

> 9. This big NBA center rapped and was in the movies "Blue Chips"
> and "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal

> 10. He was the starting quarterback for UCLA in 1972 and 1973,
> and is """now""" better known as Jethro Gibbs on TV.

Pete Gayde

RQFTCIFFF12 Game 4, Rounds 2-3 answers: chocolate, athlete-actors

<YrqdnV3j-8Yl4n_8nZ2dnUU7-IvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3578&group=rec.games.trivia#3578

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 4, Rounds 2-3 answers: chocolate, athlete-actors
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 02:03:04 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 08:03 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-02-13,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 4, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

> Answer these 2012 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

> 1. Which performer gave an extended middle-finger salute during
> the Super Bowl half-time show?

M.I.A.

> 2. Prime Minister Harper wrapped up a visit to China aimed at
> seeking new investments by announcing that Beijing has agreed
> to two special loans to Canada. What do these special loans
> involve?

Giant pandas.

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Miscellaneous - Chocolate

> A suitable round for Valentine's Day week. Feed some to your
> spouse, but not to Fido, as it can be poisonous.

> 1. Surprisingly, the bulk of the world's cocoa beans are produced
> in West Africa. Name the country that """leads the world"""
> in the production of cocoa beans.

Ivory Coast. (Still true.) 2 for Pete.

> 2. Name the country that """is""" the world's second leading cocoa
> producer and by far Asia's largest producer.

Indonesia. (Still true.) 4 for Erland and Pete. 3 for Joshua.

> 3. Name the only component of the cocoa bean that is used when
> making white chocolate. The other main component is omitted,
> resulting in the whitish color.

Cocoa butter. 4 for Dan Tilque.

> 4. EU regulations """specify""" that milk chocolate contain at
> least 25% cocoa solids. What type of chocolate """must"""
> contain at least 35% cocoa solids?

Dark. (I assume this is still true.) I also accepted "plain"
or "bittersweet". 4 for everyone -- Joshua, Dan Blum, Erland,
Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 5. Each year people in this European country """eat""" the most
> chocolate per capita in the world. Which country?

Switzerland. (Still true.) 4 for Joshua and Dan Tilque.
2 for Dan Blum.

> 6. When visiting Eastern Ontario, a popular stop for families was
> the Hershey chocolate factory located in this town about an
> hour's drive from downtown Ottawa. Sadly, it closed """a few
> years ago""". Name the town.

Smiths Falls.

It was reported in 2019 that the factory was reopening to produce
chocolate/cannabis edibles. I don't know its status today.

> 7. This is a traditional nighttime campfire treat popular in the
> United States and Canada consisting of a roasted marshmallow
> and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of
> graham cracker. Name it.

S'more. (As in "I want some more".) 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum,
Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 8. This is the best-selling chocolate bar of all time. Manufactured
> by the Mars Corp., it consists of peanut nougat topped with
> roasted peanuts and caramel, enrobed in milk chocolate.

Snickers. 4 for everyone.

> For questions #9-10, give the title, which contains the word
> "Chocolate" in each case.

> 9. In this novel for young adults written by Robert Cormier, Trinity
> High School freshman Jerry Renault defies mob rule and refuses
> to join the annual school fund-raising initiative. For his
> efforts he receives a cruel beating.

"The Chocolate War". 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

> 10. This 1974 Italian comedy-drama film chronicles the misadventures
> of an Italian immigrant to Switzerland and is representative
> of the commedia all'italiana film genre. Give the title in
> either Italian or English.

"Pane e cioccolata", "Bread and Chocolate".

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports Entertainment - Athletes in Movies and TV

I'll show this was Sports in the standings table, since there's another
entertainment round coming up.

> In each case, name the athlete.

> 1. He was Cleveland's running back 1957-65, and starred in over
> 30 movies, including "The Dirty Dozen".

Jim Brown. 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 2. He played football for the L.A. Rams 1962-76, and was on
> "Father Murphy" and "Little House on the Prairie".

Merlin Olson. 4 for Joshua and Pete.

> 3. This "Rifleman" played baseball for the Chicago Cubs and Brooklyn
> Dodgers, and basketball for the Boston Celtics.

Chuck Connors. I accepted "Connor". 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque,
and Pete.

> 4. He played football for the Lions in the '50s and '60s, and
> played Mongo in "Blazing Saddles".

Alex Karras. 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 5. He played baseball from 1962 to 1967 and was an announcer
> in the movie "Major league", and was on the TV sitcom
> "Mr. Belvedere".

Bob Uecker. 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 6. He was the co-pilot in the movie "Airplane", and set scoring
> records for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 7. This Yankee slugger tried to kill the Queen in the movie "The
> Naked Gun".

Reggie Jackson. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 8. This Buffalo Bills running back played Detective Nordberg in the
> "Naked Gun" series.

O.J. Simpson. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 9. This big NBA center rapped and was in the movies "Blue Chips"
> and "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 10. He was the starting quarterback for UCLA in 1972 and 1973,
> and is """now""" better known as Jethro Gibbs on TV.

Mark Harmon (on "Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service",
now "NCIS"; Gibbs stopped being a regular character in 2021).
4 for Joshua.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 4 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Mis Spo
Joshua Kreitzer 23 40 63
Pete Gayde 18 36 54
Dan Tilque 20 28 48
Dan Blum 18 16 34
Erland Sommarskog 12 0 12

--
Mark Brader | "...she was quite surprised to find that she remained
Toronto | the same size: to be sure, this generally happens