She ran the gamut of emotions from 'A' to 'B'. -- Dorothy Parker, on a Kate Hepburn performance

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problems

SubjectAuthor
* Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problemsltlee1
+* Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to USreachi
|+- Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problemsByker
|`* Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problemsspacer
| `- Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problemsRusty Wyse
`* Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to USreachi
 +- Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problemsByker
 `- Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problemstomomi

1
Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problems

<6b598db4-a298-4fea-9f26-e637f425ab6an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3317&group=soc.culture.china#3317

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 16:59:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problems
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 23:59 UTC

"It is reported that the US recently rejected visas for more than 500 Chinese students who plan to pursue postgraduate studies in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).

Granted, the US has the right not to accept their visa applications. But the US cannot curb their desire to study and pursue personal development.

Enabling more children from relatively poor areas to head toward and integrate into the modern era through education is a common challenge both China and the US face. ...

The US is now facing an even more dire situation in terms of dropout rates, which exceeds 20 percent in high schools in some states. COVID-19 exacerbates this problem.

Isolating competitive Chinese students outside the US won't tackle US' education problems - nor help those who come from disadvantaged backgrounds like Westover and Vance."
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202107/1228072.shtml

US-China competition aside, foreign students out competing local kids in American colleges and universities also generates resentment. The following from "The Politics of Resentment" by Katherine J. Crammer.

====================The people I encountered during these visits around Wisconsin had a lot to say about UW–Madison, and many of those comments were quite positive. Residents of Wisconsin are very proud of UW–Madison and of the UW System in general.
I found a wide variety of people. expressing an attitude of ownership toward UW–Madison. They talked about it as their university, an institution that belonged to the people of their state. But they also wished it were more attentive to people like themselves—people who saw rural communities and rural kids as disadvantaged compared to suburban and urban kids in the state.
Many of the parents I encountered in small towns hoped to send their kids to UW–Madison, but they had two main worries about that prospect. They worried about (1) their kids falling flat on their faces in such a big campus in the big city of Madison and (2) their kids not getting admitted or not being able to afford tuition,...

When I went back to this group in April 2008, I heard the same concern from Sally:
I worked for [a retail supplier] when I was in Madison, and I had a store on the [State Capitol] Square, and I heard a lot students, and one thing I noticed were young kids coming in from small towns seem to come to . . . they came in from small towns in Wisconsin and fell flat on their faces. They were either out of school in the semester or they had gone from planning on being premed or engineering to art, I mean, it was strikingly sad to see it, and I wondered what they really do for these freshmen coming in from—because they’re coming in and meeting up with these foreign students who are so dedicated to learning, I think the freshmen get lost in that big a school. ... I had at least four young women that were valedictorians that actually were just gone before the end of the semester, and I wonder what the ratio is. . .
=====================
Taking care of disadvantaged local students is rightly the job of the university. Nevertheless, the presence of competitive foreign students does make university administrators' job more difficult.

Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problems

<sceem5$1iq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3331&group=soc.culture.china#3331

From: toi...@tr.com (reachi)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US
problems
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 17:47:07 +0800
 by: reachi - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 09:47 UTC

On 11/7/2021 7:59 am, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
> ======================
>
> Taking care of disadvantaged local students is rightly the job of the university. Nevertheless, the presence of competitive foreign students does make university administrators' job more difficult.

American students are motivated by guns, white supremacy, date rape,
freedom, and occupation in other countries.

Still, one can see American students will still get good grades and
first class results even when they poorly produced.

The university has to give their awards to their own Americans, even if
they produced unremarkable school works and results.

This is well-known in western nations especially in the 5 eyes nations.

Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problems

<z7-dnXyfdrXmtHb9nZ2dnUU7-KPNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3352&group=soc.culture.china#3352

Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!news.neodome.net!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed9.news.xs4all.nl!tr3.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,alt.education,alt.politics.org.fbi,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 12:25:14 -0500
 by: Byker - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 17:25 UTC

On 11/7/2021 7:59 am, ltlee1 wrote:
> "It is reported that the US recently rejected visas for more than 500
> Chinese students who plan to pursue postgraduate studies in STEM (science,
> technology, engineering, and mathematics).
>
> Granted, the US has the right not to accept their visa applications. But
> the US cannot curb their desire to study and pursue personal development.

Or their government's desire to steal info any way they can:

"If the French foreign intelligence collection service goes to a student and
says, 'While you're at Tufts University we want you to go over to some
laboratory and gather THIS, the student can say, 'I'm busy. It's gonna
interfere with my dissertation.'

"If the Chinese foreign intelligence service goes to a student and says,
'You want a visa? You want a passport? When you go to the United States or
France you WILL write a dissertation on this, you WILL work on this project,
and you WILL report back to us, or you'll never get a job in China and your
family will lose their house.' Now, they have the capacity to do that."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mkxL4iqcAY&t=44m

By the same token, I wonder how many Chinese "students", angered by Bejing's
threats against them and their families, have "flipped" and have become de
facto double agents for the NSA, CIA, and FBI, reporting to Washington
what's REALLY going on behind the Bamboo Curtain, and at the same time
feeding their handlers back home false and misleading -- but believable --
"intelligence"...

Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problems

<scfbjb$763$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3355&group=soc.culture.china#3355

From: toi...@tr.com (reachi)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
problems
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 02:00:36 +0800
 by: reachi - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 18:00 UTC

> [...]
> ======================
>
> Taking care of disadvantaged local students is rightly the job of the university. Nevertheless, the presence of competitive foreign students does make university administrators' job more difficult.

Americans feel their grades were marked down as a result of being
dominated by foreign students. If foreign students are removed from
them, their marks will definitely be marked higher and their ranking
will be higher. Therefore, Americans feel more secure when their marks
were marked higher.

Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problems

<9fydnRsVcbyv33b9nZ2dnUU7-IvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3356&group=soc.culture.china#3356

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,alt.education,soc.culture.asian,soc.culture.japan,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:10:41 -0500
 by: Byker - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 19:10 UTC

"reachi" wrote in message news:scfbjb$763$1@dont-email.me...

> Americans feel their grades were marked down as a result of being
> dominated by foreign students. If foreign students are removed from them,
> their marks will definitely be marked higher and their ranking will be
> higher. Therefore, Americans feel more secure when their marks were marked
> higher.

Americans, unlike Asians, generally don't commit
suicide when they don't make straight "A"s...

Re: Rejecting Chinese students visa applications bad solution to US problems

<sd3qaa$24r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3579&group=soc.culture.china#3579

From: tom...@gmail.com (tomomi)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 20:04:04 +0800
 by: tomomi - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:04 UTC

Americans shoot his buddies and colleagues and school masters when they
found they did not get ahead of others.

<sd3tmj$dcn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3583&group=soc.culture.china#3583

From: spa...@owe.com (spacer)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:11:48 +0800
 by: spacer - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 13:11 UTC

Foreign students from all over the world going to US for their studies know
very well, no matter how hard they studied and how hard they worked, they
will not get any grade higher than a ordinary first degree only.

The higher award is often given to the white countries such the 5 eyes and
US students only.

Therefore foreign graduates are resigned to it. They will not commit suicide
nor commit shooting or to say any more things about it.

<816e1bdd-2dbb-4b1d-9ac6-8d94cb1b657cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3597&group=soc.culture.china#3597

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 08:42:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 15:42 UTC

On Monday, July 19, 2021 at 6:11:50 AM UTC-7, spacer wrote:
> Foreign students from all over the world going to US for their studies know
> very well, no matter how hard they studied and how hard they worked, they
> will not get any grade higher than a ordinary first degree only.
>
> The higher award is often given to the white countries such the 5 eyes and
> US students only.
>
> Therefore foreign graduates are resigned to it. They will not commit suicide
> nor commit shooting or to say any more things about it.

You haven't read enough of Chinese foreign students in America!!!

They killed each other!!!
Gangs of youth killed Chinese students... around USC!!!
A Chinese student was among the dead in the Boston Marathon bombing!!!