You will be imprisoned for contributing your time and skill to a bank robbery.

interests / soc.culture.china / Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older, and some pose a safety ris

SubjectAuthor
* Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain -Rusty Wyse
+- Re: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rainstroinski
`* Re: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China hakitaro.
 `* Re: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China haByker
  `- Re: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China haMainspring

1
Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older, and some pose a safety ris

<aa8be777-8737-40c7-b116-907bce65cb45n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3602&group=soc.culture.china#3602

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 09:26:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain -
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:26 UTC

Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older, and some pose a safety risk, the government has acknowledged.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/two-dams-in-china-s-inner-mongolia-collapse-after-torrential-rain/ar-AAMj4zq?ocid=msedgntp

Re: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older, and some pose a safety ris

<sd6s25$k1i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3655&group=soc.culture.china#3655

From: toi...@tr.com (stroinski)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 00:02:10 +0800
 by: stroinski - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:02 UTC

On 20/7/2021 12:26 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older, and some pose a safety risk, the government has acknowledged.
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/two-dams-in-china-s-inner-mongolia-collapse-after-torrential-rain/ar-AAMj4zq?ocid=msedgntp

The flow rate into the reservoir can be exceptionally high due to
extreme local rainfall and rainflow that feed it.

The volume of rain water flowing into the reservoir can be too much for
the embankment structure which was built 40 years ago.

The technology on concrete has improved over the years. A lot more can
be done to strengthen older structures.

Re: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older, and some pose a safety ris

<sd8jpt$ua4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3671&group=soc.culture.china#3671

From: toi...@tr.com (kitaro.)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older, and some pose a safety ris
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 15:53:37 +0800
 by: kitaro. - Wed, 21 Jul 2021 07:53 UTC

As more torrential rains evolved from climate change, the need for man-made
drainage tributaries winding through reservoirs, dams and dykes, are
necessary to regulate the speed of flow rates and the pressure of flow outs.

This is in order to relieve and divert high-pressure water from older dams
and reservoirs which may have been damaged by over-stressed concrete
embankments.

By having this, upstream diversions of waters to new reservoirs,
tributaries, and dams could be created and made.

By that, it will help to stream-line into different streams of diversion of
water flow-outs and flow-rates to a variety of water required in different
dry areas needed in north of China.

By having more upstream tributaries and intermediate storage reservoirs that
could be built along the way in up-streaming and channelling of water flow
outs and flow rates into a re-circulatory water flows.

Hence, by having a circulatory water flow from escaping to the sea, it can
prevent excessive water from torrential rains from wasted to the sea.

Therefore, we can call this circulatory water economy. This is a circulatory
economy that can provide circulatory economic gains for the country of
China.

This is because precious fresh water can be flowed everywhere in China to
maximise the need for water circulation in China.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China
has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and
facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older,
and some pose a safety risk, the government has acknowledged.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/two-dams-in-china-s-inner-mongolia-collapse-after-torrential-rain/ar-AAMj4zq?ocid=msedgntp

Re: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older, and some pose a safety ris

<sf2dnRiRUIgnwmX9nZ2dnUU7-VvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3678&group=soc.culture.china#3678

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,alt.politics.homosexuality,alt.transgendered,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 12:56:08 -0500
 by: Byker - Wed, 21 Jul 2021 17:56 UTC

"kitaro" the sockpuppet wrote in message news:sd8jpt$ua4$1@dont-email.me...

> As more torrential rains evolved from climate change, the need for
> man-made drainage tributaries winding through reservoirs, dams and dykes

"Dykes"?

Dike: https://tinyurl.com/2ad668ap

Dyke: https://tinyurl.com/34su3fz3

Re: Two dams in China's Inner Mongolia collapse after torrential rain - China has more than 98,000 reservoirs used to regulate floods, generate power and facilitate shipping. More than 80% of them are four decades old or older, and some pose a safety ris

<7a6dnTOCE_6laGX9nZ2dnUU7-V-dnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3694&group=soc.culture.china#3694

Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!news.neodome.net!news.uzoreto.com!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,alt.politics.homosexuality,alt.transgendered,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: MSp...@zeex.net (Mainspring)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 00:34:00 -0400
 by: Mainspring - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 04:34 UTC

China won't care. About 1.5 billion nowadays and
very tight control of 'reality'. What are a few
thousand dead ? Didn't happen. Nothing to see here.