Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.economics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: ‘Bidenomics,’ - here’s what voters t
hink_of_his_handling_of_the_economy
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 10:29:27 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 17:29 UTC

from
https://www.deseret.com/2023/8/29/23849229/bidenomics-poll-handling-of-the-economy

Biden’s campaigning on ‘Bidenomics,’ but here’s what voters think of his
handling of the economy
Biden struggled to get Americans’ approval of his handling of 9 major issues
By D. Hunter Schwarz
Aug 29, 2023, 11:14am PDT
SHARE
President Joe Biden speaks during a stop at a solar manufacturing
company in West Columbia, S.C.
President Joe Biden speaks during a stop at a solar manufacturing
company that’s part of his “Bidenomics” rollout on Thursday, July 6,
2023, in West Columbia, S.C.Meg Kinnard, Associated Press

As he campaigns for reelection, President Joe Biden has argued
“Bidenomics” is working, but a majority of Americans disapprove of his
handling of the economy.

Although’s Biden’s approval of the economy has improved slightly since
March, rising from 32% to 37% in Gallup polling, it remains one of his
weakest issues. A 63% majority disapprove of Biden’s handling of the
economy, tied with his disapproval on relations with China and behind
his 66% disapproval on immigration, his worst-performing issue.

RELATED
Democratic lawmaker asks Biden to ‘pass the torch’
Biden blames Trump for incivility, says democracy ‘at stake’ in 2024

Americans’ economic confidence has inched up this summer, according to
Gallup’s Economic Confidence Index, but attitudes are more pessimistic
than optimistic and have been since July 2021 as consumers face
continued rising costs and high interest rates, raised to tame inflation.

Though the inflation rate is down from earlier highs, the consumer price
index without food or energy is at 4.7%, according to the Bureau of
Labor Statistics, above the Federal Reserve’s target of 2%. The U.S.
unemployment rate is at 3.5%, according to the bureau’s July figures,
and in June, half of states had either record or near-record low
unemployment.

In an editorial published Sunday in The Washington Post, Biden said his
administration’s economic agenda was working and he cited the American
Rescue Plan, bipartisan infrastructure law and Inflation Reduction Act
among his administration’s “unprecedented investments in all of America.”

“Vice President (Kamala) Harris and I came into office determined to
change the economic direction of the country and grow the economy from
the middle out and bottom up, not the top down,” Biden wrote. “Our plan
— Bidenomics — is working.”

Biden’s approval on the economy is lowest among Republicans, just 3% of
whom approve, and a third of independents. Though he has a 74% approval
on the economy among Democrats, that still leaves about a quarter of his
party dissatisfied on a major issue.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union”
that the economy is “certainly not the best” and that “the rich are
getting richer, working people are struggling.” Still, Sanders said
Biden should “tout his very good record” and he criticized former
President Donald Trump as “not somebody who believes in democracy.”

Biden’s highest marks in the Gallup poll came for his handling of the
situation in Ukraine at 47% approval, followed by race relations at 46%,
education at 44% and labor disputes and foreign policy tied at 38%.
Biden’s overall job approval is 42%, up from his 37% low in April, and
he had a majority disapproval across his handling of nine issues polled
by Gallup.

Join the Discussion
include

Drilling for oil in America has been restricted and buying oil from
other countries have risen.
Is it an attempt to stabilize climate or are our politicians being
bribed? Bidenomics?

No need to look past the explosion of homeless/drug addict camps to
understand the decay of America under Bribemnomics.

I look at hundreds of companies across every industry & state to
underwrite millions & millions in commercial loans. Every company I come
across is doing way worse than ever, many are doing layoffs and an
extreme amount are teetering on the edge of going under in the next year
or couple years if things don't improve fast! Bidenomics are destroying
the country from someone that knows the full story of how it is
affecting our small to medium/large private businesses in every sector
and every state! We have record homelessness, record low labor
participation (people that have given up looking for work), record
credit card debt especially people that are living off credit just to
make ends meet month to month! Gas & Everything at the store and
restaurants costs at least double from 3 years ago but we are making
almost the same as before! This is the worst economy since Jimmy Carter
hyper inflation at the very least!

Trump had record new high paying manufacturing jobs coming back to this
country for the first time in 40 years, salaries were increasing at the
highest pace in decades, HIGHEST labor participation rate in decades and
lowest unemployment rate in a generation & lowest ever for women and
minorities! He also Re-negotiated the best US trade agreements to be far
more favorable to the USA with NAFTA, Europe, Asia and even NATO started
paying their fair share for the first time ever! Plus Biden has taken
millions in bribes from China/Russia & weaponized the DOJ/FBI!

By the fruits, you shall know them:
Three years ago:
* Gas was less than half the price of today
* Russia had not attacked Ukraine
* Inflation was lower
* Our border security was stronger
* The pride flag wasn't hung above the American at the White House
* Less babies were denied life and existence
* N/S Korea were talking reunification
* There were less restrictions on American oil drilling and purchases
from other countries.
- Media imagery and propaganda do not take away the fruits except to the
one dimensional thinkers.

interests / alt.law-enforcement / ‘Bidenomics,’ - here’s what voters think of his handling of the economy