If God had not given us sticky tape, it would have been necessary to invent it.

interests / soc.genealogy.medieval / Re: Ancestry of Rose Ive, Grandmother of Gateway Ancestor Rose Stoughton

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Ancestry of Rose Ive, Grandmother of Gateway Ancestor Rose StoughtonJ. Sardina
`* Re: Ancestry of Rose Ive, Grandmother of Gateway Ancestor Rose StoughtonDarrell E. Larocque
 `- Re: Ancestry of Rose Ive, Grandmother of Gateway Ancestor Rose StoughtonJ. Sardina

1
Re: Ancestry of Rose Ive, Grandmother of Gateway Ancestor Rose Stoughton

<8b49f5b2-9d08-4ffc-ba56-805056191f7bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3656&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#3656

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 07:08:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Ancestry of Rose Ive, Grandmother of Gateway Ancestor Rose Stoughton
From: jsardin9...@gmail.com (J. Sardina)
 by: J. Sardina - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 15:08 UTC

On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 12:16:15 AM UTC-5, sabaris...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Places: Hood (in Dartington), Marley (in Rattery), Hele, Cholwell, Hatchland (both in Rattery), 'Caundelych'', Luscombe, Lower Velwell (both in Rattery), Plympton

> Here's the text of the Close Rolls recorda you were asking for:
>
> Membrane 13d
> William Chymbeham the elder, brother of John Chymbeham, to William Boneville knight, Nicholas Wymbysshe, Thomas Leuesham clerks, John Bluet, Nicholas Radeforde, Thomas Cokayne, John Bate, William Wenarde, John More, William Beefe, William Hyndeston, John Germyn, William Hunte and Richard Townesende, their heirs and assigns. Quitclaim indented with warranty of the manor of Hode, all messuages, dovecotes, mills, lands, rents, reversions and services in Hode, Marlegh (Merlegh), Helepayn, Choldewille, Hochelonde, Caundelyche, Luscombe, Louefalewille (Loufalewille) and 'Northhode' co. Devon, and all messuages etc. with all neifs in that county which they had by feoffment of John Chambeham (sic) his brother. Witnesses: Thomas Courtenay earl of Devon, Philip Courtenay, John Dynham, Thomas Beaumonde knights, John Speke, Humphrey Bevyle (Beville), Thomas Wyse, Walter Reynolde, Walter Whitlegh. Dated 7 February 14 Henry VI.
> Memorandum of acknowledgment in chancery at Westminster, 8 February.
> William Chymbeham the younger, brother of John Chymbeham, to William Boneville (and the others above named) their heirs and assigns. (Like) quitclaim and warranty. Witnesses and date (as the last).
> Memorandum of acknowledgment, 8 February.
> John Chymbeham, son and heir of Edmund Chymbeham, to William Boneville knight, Nicholas Wymbysshe, Thomas Leuesham clerks, John Bluet, Nicholas Radeforde, Thomas Cokayne, John Bate, William Wenarde, John More, William Beefe, William Hyndeston, John Germyn, William Hunte and Richard Townesende, their heirs and assigns. Quitclaim with warranty of the manor of Hode and all messuages, dovecotes, mills, lands, rents, reversions and services in Hode, Merlegh, Helepayne, Choldewille, Hochelonde, Caundelyche, Luscombe, Loufalewille and 'Northhode' co. Devon, and all messuages etc. and all neifs in that county, which they had by his gift. Witnesses: Thomas Courtenay earl of Devon, Philip Courtenay, John Dynham, Thomas Beaumonde knights, John Speke, Humphrey Beville, Thomas Wyse, Walter Reynolde, Walter Whitlegh. Dated 7 February 14 Henry VI.
> Memorandum of acknowledgment, 8 February.
> Edmund Chymbeham, brother of John Chymbeham, to William Boneville (and the others above named), their heirs and assigns. Quitclaim and warranty of the (said) manor etc., which they had by gift of the said John. Witnesses and date (as the last).
> Memorandum of acknowledgment, 8 February.
>
> Always happy to help with British History on-line lookups.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Ancestry of Rose Ive, Grandmother of Gateway Ancestor Rose Stoughton

<15025a28-791f-445c-aced-0c3bea569968n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3664&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#3664

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 17:32:23 -0800 (PST)
From: frenchco...@gmail.com (Darrell E. Larocque)
 by: Darrell E. Larocque - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 01:32 UTC

<dd13bfe8-9496-41af-a1f8-fac65a793620n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3665&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#3665

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 18:07:50 -0800 (PST)
From: jsardin9...@gmail.com (J. Sardina)
 by: J. Sardina - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 02:07 UTC