From: d...@ray (D. Ray)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,soc.culture.british,alt.politics,alt.censorship
Subject: Pro-British activist jailed for two years for designing anti-immigration stickers – judge previously spared paedophiles
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 24 14:25:37 UTC
 by: D. Ray - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 14:25 UTC

British right-wing activist Sam Melia has been jailed for two years for
sharing anti-immigration stickers with slogans including “it’s okay to be
White” and “love your nation”.

Melia, a 34-year-old father from Pudsey, was sentenced to two years in
prison at Leeds Crown Court on Friday, after being found guilty inciting
racial hatred and encouraging racially aggravated criminal damage earlier
this year.

He will serve at least one year in custody after being sentenced to two
years’ jail for each charge, to run concurrently, and will then be released
on licence.

Judge Tom Bayliss KC said: “The publication of this kind of material is
corrosive to our society.”

“For the first time since the 1930s, a real risk of gross, potentially
violent, antisemitism is becoming normalised on our streets. It has been
used before to tear at the heart of Western democracy. It must not be
allowed to do so again.”

In 2017 Judge Bayliss gave a paedophile a suspended eight-month sentence
for possessing child sex abuse material, and in 2022 gave the same sentence
to another paedophile, Bilal Akalwaya, 51, who admitted to have sex with a
friend’s dog and possessing hundreds of images of children as young as
three being sexually abused.

Melia, an organiser for nationalist group Patriotic Alternative, was
arrested in April 2021 for running an online collection of downloadable
stickers for an activist group called “Hundred Handers”.

He told the court during his trial that the stickers, which were put up by
activists across the UK and abroad, were intended to start conversations.

“Today PA Yorkshire Regional Organiser, Sam Melia, will be spending his
first gloomy night behind bars in a prison run by the British State,”
Patriotic Alternative said in a statement after Melia’s sentencing.

“His ‘crime’? Designing stickers to raise awareness about the failure of
multi-culturalism and the grim demographic replacement of the native
peoples by the hordes from the Third World, whose arrival and efforts to
colonise our homeland are deliberately facilitated by the very same British
State.”

The group’s leader and founder, Mark Collett, said: “Sam Melia is a hero.
He might be laying alone in a jail cell tonight, but he’s in the hearts and
on the minds of thousands of people who are all outraged by what the
anti-White system have done to him.

“Sam isn’t a criminal, he is a political prisoner and martyr.”

Detective Chief Superintendent James Dunkerley, Head of Counter Terrorism
Policing North East, said after Melia’s sentencing: “Evidence shows that
large numbers of these stickers appeared both here in the UK and a number
abroad.

“These expressions of hate were an attempt to bring upset and stir up
racial hatred. It is important to highlight however that our communities
are strong and will not allow those who seek to disrupt them succeed.

“Those that seek to bring hatred to our communities through actions such as
stickering will be identified and brought to justice.”

Melia’s pregnant wife, Patriotic Alternative deputy leader Laura Towler,
said that the judge could have suspended Melia’s sentence but refused to
despite a report from his probation officer saying he posed no risk to the
public and there was no chance of him reoffending.

“If you take anything from this, let it remind you why we do what we do. We
live in a country where our people are attacked by the anti-White state for
advocating for their own safety and interests,” she said in a statement
after the sentencing.

Free Speech Union founder Toby Young said: “Sam Melia’s conviction points
to the shortcomings of the ‘stirring up’ clauses in the Public Order Act.

“Why is he guilty of ‘stirring up’ racial or religious hatred, but not
George Galloway, some of whose comments about Israel and Zionism have been
equally incendiary? Yet Galloway is now the MP for Rochdale, while Melia
has gone to prison for two years.

“Either the law is applied consistently, without fear or favour, or it’s
not fit for purpose.

“It cannot be one law for right-wing white working class men and another
for left-wing politicians.”

Galloway, a controversial left-wing activist and former MP who has been
accused of anti-Semitism, won almost 40% of the vote in the seat of
Rochdale, which has a large Muslim minority, in a by-election on Thursday.

Spiked Online deputy editor told GB News: “You do not have to agree with a
single thing Sam Melia believes to find his two-year sentence utterly
chilling. Many violent criminals have been punished with far less ferocity
than Melia has been for the ‘crime’ of producing some stickers.”

<https://www.noticer.news/sam-melia-jailed-two-years-for-sticker-campaign-patriotic-alternative/>

<https://archive.ph/xH7gj>

Re: Pro-British activist jailed for two years for designing anti-immigration stickers – judge previously spared paedophiles

<OPiBkTacAdNHOkVlUUNQDBglppwTMlnE@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=36746&group=alt.politics#36746

Newsgroups: soc.culture.british,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.censorship
From: d...@ray (D. Ray)
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 24 15:11:57 UTC
 by: D. Ray - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 15:11 UTC

D. Ray <d@ray> wrote:

> In 2017 Judge Bayliss gave a paedophile a suspended eight-month sentence
> for possessing child sex abuse material, and in 2022 gave the same sentence
> to another paedophile, Bilal Akalwaya, 51, who admitted to have sex with a
> friend’s dog and possessing hundreds of images of children as young as
> three being sexually abused.

It might come as a shock to many that under the Conservative Government
over 4000 paedophiles convicted of child sex offences have walked out of
court after being let off with community orders or suspended sentences.

However take this into consideration: Britain's most notorious child sex
predator Jimmy Saville worked for the BBC for years, had unfettered access
to politicians and was knighted by the Queen - he died a 'Sir'.

What's more, the man in charge of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) who
refused to pursue charges against 'Sir' Jimmy Saville was Keir Starmer.
Keir Starmer was then knighted by the Queen for his services to the crown
as head of the CPS. 'Sir' Keir Starmer is now leader of the Labour Party
and will likely be the next Prime Minster.

The entire establishment is rotten to core and has a long history of
protecting paedophiles and sex offenders - this is true of both the
Conservatives and Labour. Both sides of the corrupt political establishment
needing wiping away and that is why they are so desperate to clamp down on
political dissidents.