Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 10:50:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Last Supper Re:The F-35 is a failure
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 17:50 UTC

Well, in some sense it was a response to the consolidation in the European aerospace industry
which later had successfully designed and manufactured the Airbus series of commercial jets.

More important, large corporations, in general, COULD be more competitive because of economies
of scale and scope. And after all, there are still 5 companies. But the problem is that these companies
don't have to compete with each other. Campaign contribution is a lot of more cost effective. In addition,
there are the military-industry revolving door.