A commune is where people join together to share their lack of wealth. -- R. Stallman

interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8 answers: TV settings, band lineups

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineupsMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineupsJoshua Kreitzer
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineupsDan Tilque
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineupsErland Sommarskog
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineupsDan Blum
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineupsPete Gayde
`- RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8 answers: TV settings, band lineupsMark Brader

1
RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineups

<lIOdnTQV1o3oWIj_nZ2dnUU7-VnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3694&group=rec.games.trivia#3694

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineups
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 23:26:13 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 05:26 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-12,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 7, Round 7 - Entertainment Geography - TV Series Settings

We give you the title of two popular US TV series and you give
us the *state* where they were *both* set. Some of these series
are set in fictional cities, but the state is often referred to
in the series. Answers will not repeat.

This was supplied to me in a draft version with 14 questions, and
I don't know for sure which ones were used in the actual game.
I'm deleting two questions -- one that was used and one that may
not have been -- where it turns out that the shows actually used
settings in two different states, and I'll be counting all 12 of
the others, so this round will be scored out of 48.

1. "Designing Women", "The Dukes of Hazzard", both CBS comedies.

2. "8 Simple Rules", "Home Improvement", both ABC comedies.

3. "Family Ties", ABC comedy; "Glee", Fox musical.

4. "Smallville", CW superhero drama; "Gunsmoke", CBS western.

5. "Mork & Mindy", ABC comedy; "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman",
CBS western.

6. "Ally McBeal", Fox legal drama; "Banacek", NBC detective drama.

7. "Boardwalk Empire", HBO crime drama; "House M.D.", Fox medical
drama.

8. "Coach", ABC comedy; "Little House on the Prairie", NBC western.

9. "Grey's Anatomy", ABC medical drama; "Twin Peaks", ABC crime
drama.

10. "The Bob Newhart Show", CBS comedy; "ER", NBC medical drama.

11. "Gilmore Girls", WB drama; "Judging Amy", CBS crime drama.

12. "Dexter", Showtime crime drama; "Empty Nest", NBC comedy.

Oh, and if you want to show off, supply the city or other place
name in each state for each show as well. Go back and give the two
place names (or "don't know" and one place name) in order according
to the two titles in the question, in a style like "Ontario --
Toronto, Ottawa". No second guesses allowed. I won't report
individual scores on each answer, but I will report who got how
many right, out of 24.

* Game 7, Round 8 - Entertainment - Band Lineups

We will provide you with the lineup for a well-known rock band,
you give us the name of the band. All lineups are from the band's
glory days; no reunion lineups here.

1. Richie Furay, Dewey Martin, Bruce Palmer, Stephen Stills,
Neil Young.

2. Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Steve Hackett,
Mike Rutherford.

3. Chris Martin, Johnny Buckland, Guy Berryman, Will Champion.

4. Win Butler, Régine Chassagne, Richard Reed Parry,
William Butler, Jeremy Gara, Sarah Neufeld, Tim Kingsbury,
Marika Anthony-Shawnor.

5. Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke, Mick Ralphs, Boz Burrell.

6. Lemmy Kilmister, Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor,
"Fast" Eddie Clarke.

7. Eddie Vedder, Mike McReady, Stone Gossard, Dave Abbruzzese,
Jeff Ament.

8. Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, Peter Buck.

9. Lou Gramm, Mick Jones, Dennis Elliott, Ed Gagliardi,
Al Greenwood, Ian McDonald.

10. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Professor, I think I have a counterexample."
msb@vex.net | "That's all right; I have two proofs."

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineups

<89e505eb-2b5d-48ec-990f-521a8569627bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3695&group=rec.games.trivia#3695

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 22:06:46 -0800 (PST)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 06:06 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 11:26:19 PM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 7 - Entertainment Geography - TV Series Settings
>
> We give you the title of two popular US TV series and you give
> us the *state* where they were *both* set. Some of these series
> are set in fictional cities, but the state is often referred to
> in the series. Answers will not repeat.
>
> 1. "Designing Women", "The Dukes of Hazzard", both CBS comedies.

Georgia -- Atlanta, "Hazzard County"

> 2. "8 Simple Rules", "Home Improvement", both ABC comedies.

Michigan

> 3. "Family Ties", ABC comedy; "Glee", Fox musical.

Ohio -- Columbus, don't know

> 4. "Smallville", CW superhero drama; "Gunsmoke", CBS western.

Kansas -- Smallville, Dodge City (?)

> 5. "Mork & Mindy", ABC comedy; "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman",
> CBS western.

Colorado -- Boulder, don't know

> 6. "Ally McBeal", Fox legal drama; "Banacek", NBC detective drama.

Massachusetts -- Boston, Boston

> 7. "Boardwalk Empire", HBO crime drama; "House M.D.", Fox medical
> drama.

New Jersey -- Atlantic City, Princeton

> 8. "Coach", ABC comedy; "Little House on the Prairie", NBC western.

Minnesota -- don't know, Walnut Creek

> 9. "Grey's Anatomy", ABC medical drama; "Twin Peaks", ABC crime
> drama.

Washington -- Seattle, Twin Peaks

> 10. "The Bob Newhart Show", CBS comedy; "ER", NBC medical drama.

Illinois -- Chicago, Chicago

> 11. "Gilmore Girls", WB drama; "Judging Amy", CBS crime drama.

Connectictut -- Stars Hollow, don't know

> 12. "Dexter", Showtime crime drama; "Empty Nest", NBC comedy.

Florida -- Miami, Miami

> Oh, and if you want to show off, supply the city or other place
> name in each state for each show as well. Go back and give the two
> place names (or "don't know" and one place name) in order according
> to the two titles in the question, in a style like "Ontario --
> Toronto, Ottawa". No second guesses allowed. I won't report
> individual scores on each answer, but I will report who got how
> many right, out of 24.
>

> * Game 7, Round 8 - Entertainment - Band Lineups
>
> We will provide you with the lineup for a well-known rock band,
> you give us the name of the band. All lineups are from the band's
> glory days; no reunion lineups here.
>
> 1. Richie Furay, Dewey Martin, Bruce Palmer, Stephen Stills,
> Neil Young.

Buffalo Springfield

> 2. Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Steve Hackett,
> Mike Rutherford.

Genesis

> 3. Chris Martin, Johnny Buckland, Guy Berryman, Will Champion.

Coldplay

> 5. Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke, Mick Ralphs, Boz Burrell.

Bad Company
> 6. Lemmy Kilmister, Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor,
> "Fast" Eddie Clarke.

Motorhead

> 7. Eddie Vedder, Mike McReady, Stone Gossard, Dave Abbruzzese,
> Jeff Ament.

Pearl Jam

> 8. Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, Peter Buck.

R.E.M.

> 9. Lou Gramm, Mick Jones, Dennis Elliott, Ed Gagliardi,
> Al Greenwood, Ian McDonald.

Foreigner

> 10. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool.

Green Day

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineups

<sv4prb$7ub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3696&group=rec.games.trivia#3696

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 00:04:56 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 08:04 UTC

On 2/22/22 21:26, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 7 - Entertainment Geography - TV Series Settings
>
> We give you the title of two popular US TV series and you give
> us the *state* where they were *both* set. Some of these series
> are set in fictional cities, but the state is often referred to
> in the series. Answers will not repeat.
>
> This was supplied to me in a draft version with 14 questions, and
> I don't know for sure which ones were used in the actual game.
> I'm deleting two questions -- one that was used and one that may
> not have been -- where it turns out that the shows actually used
> settings in two different states, and I'll be counting all 12 of
> the others, so this round will be scored out of 48.
>

> 1. "Designing Women", "The Dukes of Hazzard", both CBS comedies.

Georgia

> 2. "8 Simple Rules", "Home Improvement", both ABC comedies.

Wisconsin

> 3. "Family Ties", ABC comedy; "Glee", Fox musical.

New York

> 4. "Smallville", CW superhero drama; "Gunsmoke", CBS western.

Kansas

> 5. "Mork & Mindy", ABC comedy; "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman",
> CBS western.

Colorado

> 6. "Ally McBeal", Fox legal drama; "Banacek", NBC detective drama.

Massachusetts

> 7. "Boardwalk Empire", HBO crime drama; "House M.D.", Fox medical
> drama.

New Jersey

> 8. "Coach", ABC comedy; "Little House on the Prairie", NBC western.

Iowa

> 9. "Grey's Anatomy", ABC medical drama; "Twin Peaks", ABC crime
> drama.

Washington

> 10. "The Bob Newhart Show", CBS comedy; "ER", NBC medical drama.

Illinois

> 11. "Gilmore Girls", WB drama; "Judging Amy", CBS crime drama.

Florida

> 12. "Dexter", Showtime crime drama; "Empty Nest", NBC comedy.
>

> Oh, and if you want to show off, supply the city or other place
> name in each state for each show as well. Go back and give the two
> place names (or "don't know" and one place name) in order according
> to the two titles in the question, in a style like "Ontario --
> Toronto, Ottawa". No second guesses allowed. I won't report
> individual scores on each answer, but I will report who got how
> many right, out of 24.
>

> * Game 7, Round 8 - Entertainment - Band Lineups
>
> We will provide you with the lineup for a well-known rock band,
> you give us the name of the band. All lineups are from the band's
> glory days; no reunion lineups here.
>
> 1. Richie Furay, Dewey Martin, Bruce Palmer, Stephen Stills,
> Neil Young.

Buffalo Springfield

> 2. Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Steve Hackett,
> Mike Rutherford.
>
> 3. Chris Martin, Johnny Buckland, Guy Berryman, Will Champion.
>
> 4. Win Butler, Régine Chassagne, Richard Reed Parry,
> William Butler, Jeremy Gara, Sarah Neufeld, Tim Kingsbury,
> Marika Anthony-Shawnor.
>
> 5. Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke, Mick Ralphs, Boz Burrell.
>
> 6. Lemmy Kilmister, Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor,
> "Fast" Eddie Clarke.
>
> 7. Eddie Vedder, Mike McReady, Stone Gossard, Dave Abbruzzese,
> Jeff Ament.
>
> 8. Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, Peter Buck.
>
> 9. Lou Gramm, Mick Jones, Dennis Elliott, Ed Gagliardi,
> Al Greenwood, Ian McDonald.
>
> 10. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool.

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineups

<XnsAE47D512024B9Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3697&group=rec.games.trivia#3697

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 20:56:44 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 19:56 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 7, Round 8 - Entertainment - Band Lineups
>
> We will provide you with the lineup for a well-known rock band,
> you give us the name of the band. All lineups are from the band's
> glory days; no reunion lineups here.
>
> 1. Richie Furay, Dewey Martin, Bruce Palmer, Stephen Stills,
> Neil Young.

Buffalo Springfield
> 2. Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Steve Hackett,
> Mike Rutherford.

Genesis
> 4. Win Butler, Régine Chassagne, Richard Reed Parry,
> William Butler, Jeremy Gara, Sarah Neufeld, Tim Kingsbury,
> Marika Anthony-Shawnor.

Arcade Fire
> 5. Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke, Mick Ralphs, Boz Burrell.

Bad Company
> 6. Lemmy Kilmister, Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor,
> "Fast" Eddie Clarke.

Motörhead
> 8. Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, Peter Buck.

R.E.M.

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineups

<sv93t7$4m0$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3698&group=rec.games.trivia#3698

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 23:21:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 23:21 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 7 - Entertainment Geography - TV Series Settings

> 1. "Designing Women", "The Dukes of Hazzard", both CBS comedies.

Georgia; Tennessee

> 2. "8 Simple Rules", "Home Improvement", both ABC comedies.

Indiana; Illinois

> 3. "Family Ties", ABC comedy; "Glee", Fox musical.

Ohio; Indiana

> 4. "Smallville", CW superhero drama; "Gunsmoke", CBS western.

Kansas

> 5. "Mork & Mindy", ABC comedy; "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman",
> CBS western.

California

> 6. "Ally McBeal", Fox legal drama; "Banacek", NBC detective drama.

New York; California

> 7. "Boardwalk Empire", HBO crime drama; "House M.D.", Fox medical
> drama.

New York; New Jersey

> 8. "Coach", ABC comedy; "Little House on the Prairie", NBC western.

Nebraska; Kansas

> 9. "Grey's Anatomy", ABC medical drama; "Twin Peaks", ABC crime
> drama.

Washington

> 10. "The Bob Newhart Show", CBS comedy; "ER", NBC medical drama.

Illinois

> 11. "Gilmore Girls", WB drama; "Judging Amy", CBS crime drama.

New York; Massachusetts

> 12. "Dexter", Showtime crime drama; "Empty Nest", NBC comedy.

Florida

> * Game 7, Round 8 - Entertainment - Band Lineups

> 1. Richie Furay, Dewey Martin, Bruce Palmer, Stephen Stills,
> Neil Young.

America

> 2. Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Steve Hackett,
> Mike Rutherford.

Genesis

> 3. Chris Martin, Johnny Buckland, Guy Berryman, Will Champion.

Coldplay

> 7. Eddie Vedder, Mike McReady, Stone Gossard, Dave Abbruzzese,
> Jeff Ament.

Pearl Jam

> 8. Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, Peter Buck.

R.E.M.

> 10. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool.

Green Day

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8: TV settings, band lineups

<svanr2$tbl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3699&group=rec.games.trivia#3699

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 08:07:30 -0600
 by: Pete Gayde - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:07 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-12,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
> and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
> correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
> that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
> on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 7, Round 7 - Entertainment Geography - TV Series Settings
>
> We give you the title of two popular US TV series and you give
> us the *state* where they were *both* set. Some of these series
> are set in fictional cities, but the state is often referred to
> in the series. Answers will not repeat.
>
> This was supplied to me in a draft version with 14 questions, and
> I don't know for sure which ones were used in the actual game.
> I'm deleting two questions -- one that was used and one that may
> not have been -- where it turns out that the shows actually used
> settings in two different states, and I'll be counting all 12 of
> the others, so this round will be scored out of 48.
>

> 1. "Designing Women", "The Dukes of Hazzard", both CBS comedies.

Georgia

> 2. "8 Simple Rules", "Home Improvement", both ABC comedies.

Michigan

> 3. "Family Ties", ABC comedy; "Glee", Fox musical.

Massachusetts; New York

> 4. "Smallville", CW superhero drama; "Gunsmoke", CBS western.

Nebraska; Kansas

> 5. "Mork & Mindy", ABC comedy; "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman",
> CBS western.

Colorado

> 6. "Ally McBeal", Fox legal drama; "Banacek", NBC detective drama.

California

> 7. "Boardwalk Empire", HBO crime drama; "House M.D.", Fox medical
> drama.

New Jersey

> 8. "Coach", ABC comedy; "Little House on the Prairie", NBC western.

Minnesota

> 9. "Grey's Anatomy", ABC medical drama; "Twin Peaks", ABC crime
> drama.

Washington

> 10. "The Bob Newhart Show", CBS comedy; "ER", NBC medical drama.

Illinois

> 11. "Gilmore Girls", WB drama; "Judging Amy", CBS crime drama.

Arizona

> 12. "Dexter", Showtime crime drama; "Empty Nest", NBC comedy.

California

> Oh, and if you want to show off, supply the city or other place
> name in each state for each show as well. Go back and give the two
> place names (or "don't know" and one place name) in order according
> to the two titles in the question, in a style like "Ontario --
> Toronto, Ottawa". No second guesses allowed. I won't report
> individual scores on each answer, but I will report who got how
> many right, out of 24.
>

> * Game 7, Round 8 - Entertainment - Band Lineups
>
> We will provide you with the lineup for a well-known rock band,
> you give us the name of the band. All lineups are from the band's
> glory days; no reunion lineups here.
>
> 1. Richie Furay, Dewey Martin, Bruce Palmer, Stephen Stills,
> Neil Young.

Buffalo Springfield

> 2. Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Steve Hackett,
> Mike Rutherford.

Genesis

> 3. Chris Martin, Johnny Buckland, Guy Berryman, Will Champion.
>
> 4. Win Butler, Régine Chassagne, Richard Reed Parry,
> William Butler, Jeremy Gara, Sarah Neufeld, Tim Kingsbury,
> Marika Anthony-Shawnor.
>
> 5. Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke, Mick Ralphs, Boz Burrell.

Bad Company

> 6. Lemmy Kilmister, Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor,
> "Fast" Eddie Clarke.

Iron Butterfly

> 7. Eddie Vedder, Mike McReady, Stone Gossard, Dave Abbruzzese,
> Jeff Ament.

Pearl Jam

> 8. Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, Peter Buck.

R.E.M.

> 9. Lou Gramm, Mick Jones, Dennis Elliott, Ed Gagliardi,
> Al Greenwood, Ian McDonald.

Oasis

> 10. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool.

Pete Gayde

RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8 answers: TV settings, band lineups

<jp-dnYQJ3tXAUYT_nZ2dnUU7-dHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3700&group=rec.games.trivia#3700

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 7, Rounds 7-8 answers: TV settings, band lineups
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 00:44:45 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 06:44 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-12,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 7, Round 7 - Entertainment Geography - TV Series Settings

> We give you the title of two popular US TV series and you give
> us the *state* where they were *both* set. Some of these series
> are set in fictional cities, but the state is often referred to
> in the series. Answers will not repeat.

> This was supplied to me in a draft version with 14 questions, and
> I don't know for sure which ones were used in the actual game.
> I'm deleting two questions -- one that was used and one that may
> not have been -- where it turns out that the shows actually used
> settings in two different states, and I'll be counting all 12 of
> the others, so this round will be scored out of 48.

In its final 10-question form, this was the second-easiest round in
the original game, after the current events round.

> 1. "Designing Women", "The Dukes of Hazzard", both CBS comedies.

Georgia. (Atlanta, *Hazzard County. *Indicates fictional locations.)
4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque, and Pete. 3 for Dan Blum.

> 2. "8 Simple Rules", "Home Improvement", both ABC comedies.

Michigan. (Both Detroit.) 4 for Joshua and Pete.

> 3. "Family Ties", ABC comedy; "Glee", Fox musical.

Ohio. (Columbus, Lima.) 4 for Joshua. 3 for Dan Blum.

> 4. "Smallville", CW superhero drama; "Gunsmoke", CBS western.

Kansas. (*Smallville, Dodge City.) 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque,
and Dan Blum. 2 for Pete.

> 5. "Mork & Mindy", ABC comedy; "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman",
> CBS western.

Colorado. (Boulder, Colorado Springs.) 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque,
and Pete.

> 6. "Ally McBeal", Fox legal drama; "Banacek", NBC detective drama.

Massachusetts. (Both Boston.) 4 for Joshua and Dan Tilque.

> 7. "Boardwalk Empire", HBO crime drama; "House M.D.", Fox medical
> drama.

New Jersey. (Atlantic City, Princeton.) 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque,
and Pete. 2 for Dan Blum.

> 8. "Coach", ABC comedy; "Little House on the Prairie", NBC western.

Minnesota. (City not named, *Walnut Grove.) 4 for Joshua and Pete.

> 9. "Grey's Anatomy", ABC medical drama; "Twin Peaks", ABC crime
> drama.

Washington. (Seattle, *Twin Peaks.) 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque,
Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 10. "The Bob Newhart Show", CBS comedy; "ER", NBC medical drama.

Illinois. (Both Chicago.) 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque, Dan Blum,
and Pete.

> 11. "Gilmore Girls", WB drama; "Judging Amy", CBS crime drama.

Connecticut. (*Stars Hollow, Hartford.) 4 for Joshua.

> 12. "Dexter", Showtime crime drama; "Empty Nest", NBC comedy.

Florida. (Both Miami.) 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

> Oh, and if you want to show off, supply the city or other place
> name in each state for each show as well. Go back and give the two
> place names (or "don't know" and one place name) in order according
> to the two titles in the question, in a style like "Ontario --
> Toronto, Ottawa". No second guesses allowed. I won't report
> individual scores on each answer, but I will report who got how
> many right, out of 24.

Actually it's out of 23, since one city is not named on the show.
Joshua was the only one to try this, and he got 17 right.

> * Game 7, Round 8 - Entertainment - Band Lineups

> We will provide you with the lineup for a well-known rock band,
> you give us the name of the band. All lineups are from the band's
> glory days; no reunion lineups here.

> 1. Richie Furay, Dewey Martin, Bruce Palmer, Stephen Stills,
> Neil Young.

Buffalo Springfield. 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque, Erland, and Pete.

> 2. Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Steve Hackett,
> Mike Rutherford.

Genesis. 4 for Joshua, Erland, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 3. Chris Martin, Johnny Buckland, Guy Berryman, Will Champion.

Coldplay. 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

> 4. Win Butler, Régine Chassagne, Richard Reed Parry,
> William Butler, Jeremy Gara, Sarah Neufeld, Tim Kingsbury,
> Marika Anthony-Shawnor.

Arcade Fire. 4 for Erland.

> 5. Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke, Mick Ralphs, Boz Burrell.

Bad Company. 4 for Joshua, Erland, and Pete.

> 6. Lemmy Kilmister, Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor,
> "Fast" Eddie Clarke.

Motörhead. No extra points for the metal umlaut. 4 for Joshua
and Erland.

> 7. Eddie Vedder, Mike McReady, Stone Gossard, Dave Abbruzzese,
> Jeff Ament.

Pearl Jam. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 8. Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, Peter Buck.

R.E.M. 4 for Joshua, Erland, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 9. Lou Gramm, Mick Jones, Dennis Elliott, Ed Gagliardi,
> Al Greenwood, Ian McDonald.

Foreigner. 4 for Joshua.

> 10. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool.

Green Day. 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 7 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 BEST
TOPICS-> Lit Can Spo Sci Geo Ent FOUR
Joshua Kreitzer 40 0 36 27 48 36 160
Stephen Perry 39 4 40 36 -- -- 119
Dan Blum 16 8 23 30 24 20 97
Dan Tilque 0 4 16 27 28 4 75
Pete Gayde 13 8 -- -- 30 20 71
Erland Sommarskog 4 4 20 23 0 24 71

--
Mark Brader | "Oh, sure, you can make anything sound sleazy if you,
Toronto | you know, tell it exactly the way it happened."