History repeats itself -- the first time as a tragi-comedy, the second time as bedroom farce.

interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCities

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCitiesMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCitiesJoshua Kreitzer
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCitiesDan Blum
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCitiesPete Gayde
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCitiesDan Tilque
`- RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6 answers: 2nd place and CanCitiesMark Brader

1
RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCities

<kMudnc1Q6oXYPbz_nZ2dnUU7-RnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3715&group=rec.games.trivia#3715

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCities
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 23:14:45 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 05:14 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-19,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 8, Round 4 - Sports - Second-Place Finishers

We can remember the people who did something first, but who were
those that came in second?

1. While this Australian golfer won 20 times on the PGA tour,
including two major championships, he is best known for his
heartbreaking final-round meltdowns. Most notable was the 1996
Masters tournament, when he squandered a 6-shot lead to lose
to Nick Faldo.

2. This well-known golfer finished second a record 19 times in
major golf tournaments in his career. He also won... quite
a few. Name him.

3. What NBA team """has lost""" the most final series appearances,
with 15 losses? (For this and the next three questions, give
the team name, like "Maple Leafs".)

4. Which NHL team """has lost""" the most Stanley Cup finals,
with 13 series losses?

5. Although the Yankees """have lost""" the most World Series, 13,
they have also """won 27""". Two franchises """have each lost
12 series and won only 6""". Name either.

6. This team """has won""" only 3 Grey Cups, while """losing
15 times""" in the championship game.

7. What horse finished second to Affirmed in all three of the 1978
Triple Crown races?

8. Roger Bannister was the first man to break the 4-minute mile
barrier. Who was the second? He is best known for his duel
with Bannister at the 1954 British Empire Games at Vancouver,
where again he came in second to Bannister in perhaps the most
famous mile race ever.

9. As skip, this curler lost 3 of the last 4 Brier finals prior
to 2012. He redeemed himself with a victory at the 2012 Brier
in Saskatoon. Name him.

10. This team made it to four consecutive Super Bowls in the early
1990s, but lost each time.

* Game 8, Round 6 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Cities

We will provide you with the names of four Canadian cities or other
municipalities, in order from east to west. You tell us which of
the four is the most populous, based on the 2011 census. Remember,
these are populations for cities proper, not for metropolitan areas.
*Note*: You may instead answer based on the 2016 census. (As of when
I revised this round for reposting, details from the 2021 census
were not yet available.)

1. Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver.
2. Quebec City, Mississauga, Hamilton, Winnipeg.
3. Cambridge, Kitchener, London, Windsor.
4. Pickering, Markham, Richmond Hill, Burlington.
5. St. John's, Moncton, St. John, Fredericton.
6. Regina, Saskatoon, Kelowna, Abbotsford.
7. Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond.
8. St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Brossard, Longueuil, Laval.
9. Kingston, Waterloo, Sudbury, Thunder Bay.
10. Oshawa, Whitby, St. Catharines, Brantford.

--
Mark Brader | (Monosyllables being forbidden to doctors of philosophy,
Toronto | such truths are called "invariants" in the trade.)

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCities

<a85bad50-4f01-495e-8489-d9b7c4596d06n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3716&group=rec.games.trivia#3716

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 22:09:33 -0800 (PST)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 06:09 UTC

On Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 11:14:50 PM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 8, Round 4 - Sports - Second-Place Finishers
>
> We can remember the people who did something first, but who were
> those that came in second?
>
> 1. While this Australian golfer won 20 times on the PGA tour,
> including two major championships, he is best known for his
> heartbreaking final-round meltdowns. Most notable was the 1996
> Masters tournament, when he squandered a 6-shot lead to lose
> to Nick Faldo.

Greg Norman

> 2. This well-known golfer finished second a record 19 times in
> major golf tournaments in his career. He also won... quite
> a few. Name him.

Jack Nicklaus

> 3. What NBA team """has lost""" the most final series appearances,
> with 15 losses? (For this and the next three questions, give
> the team name, like "Maple Leafs".)

Lakers

> 4. Which NHL team """has lost""" the most Stanley Cup finals,
> with 13 series losses?

Canadiens; Maple Leafs

> 5. Although the Yankees """have lost""" the most World Series, 13,
> they have also """won 27""". Two franchises """have each lost
> 12 series and won only 6""". Name either.

Red Sox; Giants

> 6. This team """has won""" only 3 Grey Cups, while """losing
> 15 times""" in the championship game.

Rough Riders

> 7. What horse finished second to Affirmed in all three of the 1978
> Triple Crown races?

Alydar

> 10. This team made it to four consecutive Super Bowls in the early
> 1990s, but lost each time.

Buffalo Bills

> * Game 8, Round 6 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Cities
>
> We will provide you with the names of four Canadian cities or other
> municipalities, in order from east to west. You tell us which of
> the four is the most populous, based on the 2011 census. Remember,
> these are populations for cities proper, not for metropolitan areas.
> *Note*: You may instead answer based on the 2016 census. (As of when
> I revised this round for reposting, details from the 2021 census
> were not yet available.)
>
> 1. Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver.

Vancouver

> 2. Quebec City, Mississauga, Hamilton, Winnipeg.

Winnipeg; Quebec City

> 3. Cambridge, Kitchener, London, Windsor.

London

> 4. Pickering, Markham, Richmond Hill, Burlington.

Markham; Richmond Hill

> 5. St. John's, Moncton, St. John, Fredericton.

Moncton; Fredericton

> 6. Regina, Saskatoon, Kelowna, Abbotsford.

Saskatoon; Regina

> 7. Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond.

Richmond; Surrey

> 8. St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Brossard, Longueuil, Laval.

Laval

> 9. Kingston, Waterloo, Sudbury, Thunder Bay.

Kingston; Thunder Bay

> 10. Oshawa, Whitby, St. Catharines, Brantford.

St. Catharines; Brantford

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCities

<svu5ts$rto$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3717&group=rec.games.trivia#3717

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:04:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:04 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 8, Round 4 - Sports - Second-Place Finishers

> 1. While this Australian golfer won 20 times on the PGA tour,
> including two major championships, he is best known for his
> heartbreaking final-round meltdowns. Most notable was the 1996
> Masters tournament, when he squandered a 6-shot lead to lose
> to Nick Faldo.

Greg Norman

> 2. This well-known golfer finished second a record 19 times in
> major golf tournaments in his career. He also won... quite
> a few. Name him.

Arnold Palmer; Jack Nicklaus

> 3. What NBA team """has lost""" the most final series appearances,
> with 15 losses? (For this and the next three questions, give
> the team name, like "Maple Leafs".)

Lakers; Celtics

> 4. Which NHL team """has lost""" the most Stanley Cup finals,
> with 13 series losses?

Bruins; Red Wings

> 5. Although the Yankees """have lost""" the most World Series, 13,
> they have also """won 27""". Two franchises """have each lost
> 12 series and won only 6""". Name either.

Red Sox; White Sox

> 10. This team made it to four consecutive Super Bowls in the early
> 1990s, but lost each time.

Bills; Jets

> * Game 8, Round 6 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Cities

> 1. Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver.

Ottawa

> 2. Quebec City, Mississauga, Hamilton, Winnipeg.

Winnipeg

> 3. Cambridge, Kitchener, London, Windsor.

Kitchener

> 4. Pickering, Markham, Richmond Hill, Burlington.

Markham; Burlington

> 5. St. John's, Moncton, St. John, Fredericton.

St. John; Moncton

> 6. Regina, Saskatoon, Kelowna, Abbotsford.

Regina

> 7. Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond.

Burnaby

> 8. St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Brossard, Longueuil, Laval.

Laval

> 9. Kingston, Waterloo, Sudbury, Thunder Bay.

Waterloo

> 10. Oshawa, Whitby, St. Catharines, Brantford.

Whitby; Brantford

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCities

<t019rr$s45$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3718&group=rec.games.trivia#3718

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 21:30:04 -0600
 by: Pete Gayde - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 03:30 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-19,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
> and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
> correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
> that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
> on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 8, Round 4 - Sports - Second-Place Finishers
>
> We can remember the people who did something first, but who were
> those that came in second?
>
> 1. While this Australian golfer won 20 times on the PGA tour,
> including two major championships, he is best known for his
> heartbreaking final-round meltdowns. Most notable was the 1996
> Masters tournament, when he squandered a 6-shot lead to lose
> to Nick Faldo.

Greg Norman

> 2. This well-known golfer finished second a record 19 times in
> major golf tournaments in his career. He also won... quite
> a few. Name him.

Nicklaus; Palmer

> 3. What NBA team """has lost""" the most final series appearances,
> with 15 losses? (For this and the next three questions, give
> the team name, like "Maple Leafs".)

Lakers

> 4. Which NHL team """has lost""" the most Stanley Cup finals,
> with 13 series losses?

Red Wings

> 5. Although the Yankees """have lost""" the most World Series, 13,
> they have also """won 27""". Two franchises """have each lost
> 12 series and won only 6""". Name either.

Giants; Dodgers

> 6. This team """has won""" only 3 Grey Cups, while """losing
> 15 times""" in the championship game.

Toronto Argonauts; Edmonton Eskimos

> 7. What horse finished second to Affirmed in all three of the 1978
> Triple Crown races?

Alysheba

> 8. Roger Bannister was the first man to break the 4-minute mile
> barrier. Who was the second? He is best known for his duel
> with Bannister at the 1954 British Empire Games at Vancouver,
> where again he came in second to Bannister in perhaps the most
> famous mile race ever.
>
> 9. As skip, this curler lost 3 of the last 4 Brier finals prior
> to 2012. He redeemed himself with a victory at the 2012 Brier
> in Saskatoon. Name him.
>
> 10. This team made it to four consecutive Super Bowls in the early
> 1990s, but lost each time.

Buffalo Bills

> * Game 8, Round 6 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Cities
>
> We will provide you with the names of four Canadian cities or other
> municipalities, in order from east to west. You tell us which of
> the four is the most populous, based on the 2011 census. Remember,
> these are populations for cities proper, not for metropolitan areas.
> *Note*: You may instead answer based on the 2016 census. (As of when
> I revised this round for reposting, details from the 2021 census
> were not yet available.)
>
> 1. Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver.

Vancouver

> 2. Quebec City, Mississauga, Hamilton, Winnipeg.

Hamilton

> 3. Cambridge, Kitchener, London, Windsor.

Windsor

> 4. Pickering, Markham, Richmond Hill, Burlington.

Markham

> 5. St. John's, Moncton, St. John, Fredericton.

St. John's

> 6. Regina, Saskatoon, Kelowna, Abbotsford.

Saskatoon

> 7. Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond.

Richmond

> 8. St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Brossard, Longueuil, Laval.

Laval; Longueuil

> 9. Kingston, Waterloo, Sudbury, Thunder Bay.

Waterloo; Sudbury

> 10. Oshawa, Whitby, St. Catharines, Brantford.

Oshawa; Brantford

Pete Gayde

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6: 2nd place and CanCities

<t01qg6$sgl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3719&group=rec.games.trivia#3719

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 00:13:55 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 08:13 UTC

On 3/3/22 21:14, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 8, Round 4 - Sports - Second-Place Finishers
>
> We can remember the people who did something first, but who were
> those that came in second?
>
> 1. While this Australian golfer won 20 times on the PGA tour,
> including two major championships, he is best known for his
> heartbreaking final-round meltdowns. Most notable was the 1996
> Masters tournament, when he squandered a 6-shot lead to lose
> to Nick Faldo.
>
> 2. This well-known golfer finished second a record 19 times in
> major golf tournaments in his career. He also won... quite
> a few. Name him.
>
> 3. What NBA team """has lost""" the most final series appearances,
> with 15 losses? (For this and the next three questions, give
> the team name, like "Maple Leafs".)
>
> 4. Which NHL team """has lost""" the most Stanley Cup finals,
> with 13 series losses?
>
> 5. Although the Yankees """have lost""" the most World Series, 13,
> they have also """won 27""". Two franchises """have each lost
> 12 series and won only 6""". Name either.
>
> 6. This team """has won""" only 3 Grey Cups, while """losing
> 15 times""" in the championship game.
>
> 7. What horse finished second to Affirmed in all three of the 1978
> Triple Crown races?
>
> 8. Roger Bannister was the first man to break the 4-minute mile
> barrier. Who was the second? He is best known for his duel
> with Bannister at the 1954 British Empire Games at Vancouver,
> where again he came in second to Bannister in perhaps the most
> famous mile race ever.
>
> 9. As skip, this curler lost 3 of the last 4 Brier finals prior
> to 2012. He redeemed himself with a victory at the 2012 Brier
> in Saskatoon. Name him.
>
> 10. This team made it to four consecutive Super Bowls in the early
> 1990s, but lost each time.
>

> * Game 8, Round 6 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Cities
>
> We will provide you with the names of four Canadian cities or other
> municipalities, in order from east to west. You tell us which of
> the four is the most populous, based on the 2011 census. Remember,
> these are populations for cities proper, not for metropolitan areas.
> *Note*: You may instead answer based on the 2016 census. (As of when
> I revised this round for reposting, details from the 2021 census
> were not yet available.)
>
> 1. Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver.

Vancouver

> 2. Quebec City, Mississauga, Hamilton, Winnipeg.

Quebec City

> 3. Cambridge, Kitchener, London, Windsor.

Windsor

> 4. Pickering, Markham, Richmond Hill, Burlington.

Markham

> 5. St. John's, Moncton, St. John, Fredericton.

St John's

> 6. Regina, Saskatoon, Kelowna, Abbotsford.

Regina

> 7. Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond.

Burnaby

> 8. St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Brossard, Longueuil, Laval.

Laval

> 9. Kingston, Waterloo, Sudbury, Thunder Bay.

Waterloo

> 10. Oshawa, Whitby, St. Catharines, Brantford.

St Catharines

--
Dan Tilque

RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6 answers: 2nd place and CanCities

<ho-dna3Sq5JXkLr_nZ2dnUU7-bPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3720&group=rec.games.trivia#3720

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 4,6 answers: 2nd place and CanCities
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 02:03:22 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 08:03 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-19,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... I will reveal the correct
> answers in about 3 days.

(Oops.)
> For further information... see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on
> "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 8, Round 4 - Sports - Second-Place Finishers

> We can remember the people who did something first, but who were
> those that came in second?

> 1. While this Australian golfer won 20 times on the PGA tour,
> including two major championships, he is best known for his
> heartbreaking final-round meltdowns. Most notable was the 1996
> Masters tournament, when he squandered a 6-shot lead to lose
> to Nick Faldo.

Greg Norman. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 2. This well-known golfer finished second a record 19 times in
> major golf tournaments in his career. He also won... quite
> a few. Name him.

Jack Nicklaus. 4 for Joshua. 3 for Pete. 2 for Dan Blum.

> 3. What NBA team """has lost""" the most final series appearances,
> with 15 losses? (For this and the next three questions, give
> the team name, like "Maple Leafs".)

(Minneapolis -> Los Angeles) Lakers. (Still true.) 4 for Joshua
and Pete. 3 for Dan Blum.

> 4. Which NHL team """has lost""" the most Stanley Cup finals,
> with 13 series losses?

2012 answer: (Detroit) Red Wings, now still with 13. 2022 answer:
(Boston) Bruins, now with 14. 4 for Dan Blum (the hard way) and Pete.

> 5. Although the Yankees """have lost""" the most World Series, 13,
> they have also """won 27""". Two franchises """have each lost
> 12 series and won only 6""". Name either.

(Brooklyn -> Los Angeles) Dodgers, (New York -> San Francisco) Giants.
4 for Pete (the hard way). 2 for Joshua.

The Yankees' stats are unchanged, while the Dodgers have overtaken
them with 14 losses (and now have 7 wins). The Giants still have
12 losses, and now 8 wins.

> 6. This team """has won""" only 3 Grey Cups, while """losing
> 15 times""" in the championship game.
Saskatchewan Roughriders. (Now with 4 wins and 15 losses.)
4 for Joshua.

Good thing the question was in the present tense, or I would've had
to ask for the "city" name as well, since the late (Ottawa) Rough
Riders would be phonetically equivalent, and they won the Grey Cup
9 times if you count the two when they were called the Senators,
while losing only 6 times.

> 7. What horse finished second to Affirmed in all three of the 1978
> Triple Crown races?

Alydar. 4 for Joshua.

> 8. Roger Bannister was the first man to break the 4-minute mile
> barrier. Who was the second? He is best known for his duel
> with Bannister at the 1954 British Empire Games at Vancouver,
> where again he came in second to Bannister in perhaps the most
> famous mile race ever.

John Landy.

As I mentioned last year in connection with the season by MI5,
late in the race Landy turned his head to see how far Bannister
was behind -- but did not see him at all, because at that moment
Bannister was overtaking him *on the other side* to win in 3:58.8.
The moment was photographed and later captured by a statue that
still stands in Vancouver. See:

http://www.racingpast.ca/uploads/van4.jpeg
http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyy3nioJqe1qlyfgto1_1280.jpg

> 9. As skip, this curler lost 3 of the last 4 Brier finals prior
> to 2012. He redeemed himself with a victory at the 2012 Brier
> in Saskatoon. Name him.

Glen Howard.

> 10. This team made it to four consecutive Super Bowls in the early
> 1990s, but lost each time.

Buffalo Bills. 4 for Joshua and Pete. 3 for Dan Blum.

> * Game 8, Round 6 - Canadiana Geography - Canadian Cities

> We will provide you with the names of four Canadian cities or other
> municipalities, in order from east to west. You tell us which of
> the four is the most populous, based on the 2011 census. Remember,
> these are populations for cities proper, not for metropolitan areas.
> *Note*: You may instead answer based on the 2016 census. (As of when
> I revised this round for reposting, details from the 2021 census
> were not yet available.)

In fact none of the answers changed from the 2011 to the 2016 census;
for most questions all four cities are in the same order each time.
Below each answer I'm showing populations from the 2016 census only,
with census metropolitan area populations in parentheses for interest.
Where the city is part of another city's metropolitan area --
for example, Mississauga is in the Toronto metropolitan area --
that other city is named in the parentheses.

> 1. Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver.

Calgary.

Calgary, AB 1,239,220 (1,392,609)
Ottawa, ON 934,243 (1,323,783)
Edmonton, AB 932,546 (1,321,426)
Vancouver, BC 631,486 (2,463,431)

> 2. Quebec City, Mississauga, Hamilton, Winnipeg.

Mississauga.

Mississauga, ON 721,599 (Toronto: 5,928,040)
Winnipeg, MB 705,244 (778,489)
Hamilton, ON 536,917 (747,545)
Quebec, QC 531,902 (800,296)

> 3. Cambridge, Kitchener, London, Windsor.

London. 4 for Joshua.

London, ON 383,822 (494,069)
Kitchener, ON 233,222 (523,894)
Windsor, ON 217,188 (329,144)
Cambridge, ON 129,920 (Kitchener: 523,894)

> 4. Pickering, Markham, Richmond Hill, Burlington.

Markham. 4 for Pete and Dan Tilque. 3 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

Markham, ON 328,966 (Toronto: 5,928,040)
Richmond Hill, ON 195,022 (Toronto: 5,928,040)
Burlington, ON 183,314 (Hamilton: 747,545)
Pickering, ON 91,771 (Toronto: 5,928,040)

> 5. St. John's, Moncton, St. John, Fredericton.

St. John's. 4 for Pete and Dan Tilque.

St. John's, NL 108,860 (205,955)
Moncton, NB 71,889 (144,810)
St. John, NB 67,575 (126,202)
Fredericton, NB 58,220 (101,760)

> 6. Regina, Saskatoon, Kelowna, Abbotsford.

Saskatoon. 4 for Pete. 3 for Joshua.

Saskatoon, SK 246,376 (295,095)
Regina, SK 215,106 (236,481)
Abbotsford, BC 141,397 (180,518)
Kelowna, BC 127,380 (194,882)

> 7. Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond.

Surrey. 2 for Joshua.

Surrey, BC 517,887 (Vancouver: 2,463,431)
Burnaby, BC 232,755 (Vancouver: 2,463,431)
Richmond, BC 198,309 (Vancouver: 2,463,431)
Coquitlam, BC 139,284 (Vancouver: 2,463,431)

> 8. St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Brossard, Longueuil, Laval.

Laval. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Dan Tilque. 3 for Pete.

Laval, QC 422,993 (Montreal: 4,098,927)
Longueuil, QC 239,700 (Montreal: 4,098,927)
St-Jean-sur-R., QC 95,114 (Montreal: 4,098,927)
Brossard, QC 85,721 (Montreal: 4,098,927)

> 9. Kingston, Waterloo, Sudbury, Thunder Bay.

Sudbury. 2 for Pete.

Sudbury, ON 164,689 (none)
Kingston, ON 123,798 (161,175)
Thunder Bay, ON 107,909 (121,621)
Waterloo, ON 104,986 (Kitchener: 523,894)

> 10. Oshawa, Whitby, St. Catharines, Brantford.

Oshawa. 3 for Pete.

Oshawa, ON 159,458 (379,848)
St. Catharines, ON 133,113 (406,074)
Whitby, ON 128,377 (Oshawa: 379,848)
Brantford, ON 97,496 (134,203)

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 8 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Ent Sci Spo Can
Joshua Kreitzer 40 5 26 16 87
Pete Gayde 8 17 23 20 68
Dan Blum 28 3 16 7 54
Dan Tilque 0 13 0 12 25

--
Mark Brader | "The dream of a common standard is er... enhanced
Toronto | by the diversity of a myriad of national rules..."