If entropy is increasing, where is it coming from?

interests / soc.genealogy.medieval / Re: Father of Loup I

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Father of Loup IGeorge William A.
+- Re: Father of Loup Ijoseph cook
`- Re: Father of Loup Itaf

1
Re: Father of Loup I

<708464bc-c64b-41c8-b502-dc8109134410n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3719&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#3719

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 06:04:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Father of Loup I
From: william....@gmail.com (George William A.)
 by: George William A. - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 14:04 UTC

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 7:07:42 PM UTC+1, taf via wrote:
> [...]
> have intended a literal descent, but was incorrectly informed.
> Remember that the monasteries of Navarre, at the time Ibn Hayyan was
> writing, were producing a flawed history based on the mistaken belief
> that king Sancho I Garces was son of king Garcia Iniguez (and were
> followed in this belief by peninsular scholars well into the 20th
> century). Ibn Hayyan may have been misled by this.
>
> That is my interpretation, but Alberto Canada Juste has recently
> published a different view ("En los albores del reino ¿dinastía
> Iñiga?, ¿dinastía Jimena?", in the journal Principe de Viana in 2011,
> which is available for free at Dialnet). He prefers Ibn Hayyan over
> the Codice de Roda and concludes that Garcia Jimenez, father of king
> Sancho, didn't exist at all, that Sancho's father was an otherwise
> unknown man named Garcia Iniguez. He would make this Garcia Iniguez
> son of a hypothetical Inigo Garces, in turn son of a documented Garcia
> Jimenez of an 828 charter. He makes this man brother of Inigo Arista,
> in so doing favoring the (usually dismissed as dubious) Leire charter
> that names king Inigo as Inigo Jimenez, over Ibn Hayyan's reference to
> the king as Wannaqo ibn Wannaqo - Inigo Iniguez. As I have explained,
> I do not find myself positively disposed to this alternative, but it
> is worth a read (as is his 2013 alternative reconstruction of the
> relationship between Garcia Sanchez and Abd ar-Rahman, specifically
> moving the linchpin Oneca to a different generation, also published in
> Principe de Viana - this raises some concerns with the traditional
> pedigree and the chronology it enforces on the family, but leaves some
> critical problems unaddressed).
> > sometimes called Garci II Jimenez.
> I don't even question that he is sometimes called this. I would add,
> however, that those who call him such usually do so based on a host of
> incorrect assumptions, and haven't the slightest evidence for him
> being a king of the realm ruled by the family of Inigo Arista. That
> being said, a collective numbering has come to be adopted for the
> kings ruling in any of the kingdoms subsequently united in the Crown
> of Castile, so I could accept calling him Garcia II, given that he was
> king of a different part of what would later come to be a united
> kingdom of Navarre.
>
> > As the scholars of ancient Spain used to say: LO QUE NATURA NON
> > DA SALAMANCA NON PRESTA.
>
> Actually, being ancient scholars, they would have used the Latin: Quod
> natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat. That being said, it is you
> and not Salamanca who has failed to provide in this discussion. As
> the scholars of ancient Venice (California) used to say, Put up or
> shut up! Provide actual specific information from cited primary
> sources showing that Garcia Jimenez was co-regent of Pamplona during
> the captivity of Fortun Garces. We can move on from there to
> documenting the claimed descents from Visigoths, also using citations

I HAVE SEEN YOUR DATA. YOU ARE wrong. PERHAPS YOU BELONG TO THE FOREIGN ANGLO-SAXON CULTURE BUT THE ORIGIN OF THE FIRST ENECO FOUNDER OF THE FIRST DYNASTY OF PAMPLONA IS KNOWN. THE DESCENDANTS OF THIS KING , MANY OF THEM PART OF THE NOBILITY OF SPAIN, KNOWS PERFECTLY WELL WHO HE WAS AND ALSO WHICH LINE HE BELONGED TO IN GENEALOGICAL TERMS. TOO MUCH BLA BLA FROM YOUR SIDE ON THINGS YOU KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Father of Loup I

<ed312cdd-d3af-43e6-b511-e6f11bd5cae2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3720&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#3720

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 06:32:27 -0800 (PST)
From: joec...@gmail.com (joseph cook)
 by: joseph cook - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 14:32 UTC

<74fdb9a3-4192-4190-ba14-acf17fe4b67en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3724&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#3724

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 11:03:31 -0800 (PST)
From: taf.medi...@gmail.com (taf)
 by: taf - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 19:03 UTC

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 6:04:19 AM UTC-8, George William A. wrote:

> I HAVE SEEN YOUR DATA. YOU ARE wrong.

Well, I guess that proves that. Who am I to disagree with someone with a broken caps-lock who proclaims me to be wrong.

How about letting me see your data . . .

taf