If it pours before seven, it has rained by eleven.

interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakersMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakersErland Sommarskog
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakersPete Gayde
+* Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakersJoshua Kreitzer
|`- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakersMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakersDan Blum
+- RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8 answers: first lines, carmakersMark Brader
`* Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakersDan Tilque
 `- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakersMark Brader

1
RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers

<HKGdnS_hD9_Vk7r_nZ2dnUU7-N3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3721&group=rec.games.trivia#3721

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 02:05:28 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 08:05 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-19,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 8, Round 7 - Literature - First Lines of Novels

We will give you the first line of a novel (or of its English
translation, if applicable), along with the year that the novel
was published, and you give us the novel's title.

1. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in
possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. (1812)

2. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking
thirteen. (1949)

3. If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll
probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy
childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all
before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of
crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know
the truth. (1951)

4. Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing
a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.
(1922)

5. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy
in its own way. (1877)

6. Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or
whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages
must show. (1850)

7. It was a pleasure to burn. (1953)

8. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.
(1940)

9. In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some
advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. (1925)

10. Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without
having done anything truly wrong, he was arrested. (1925)

* Game 8, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Cars and their Manufacturers

We give you a name of a """current""" car model (or it might
be a minivan, SUV, or crossover, but not a pickup); you tell
us which manufacturer """makes""" it, from the list provided.
For manufacturers with distinct marque divisions, you must give
us the division. For example, if we said Enclave, Buick would be
the correct answer and not General Motors. Answers may repeat.

| Acura | Infiniti | Nissan
| Audi | Isuzu | Pontiac
| BMW | Jeep | Saab
| Buick | Kia | Saturn
| Chevrolet | Land Rover | Scion
| Chrysler | Lexus | Suzuki
| FIAT | Lincoln | Toyota
| Ford | Mazda | Volkswagen
| General Motors | Mercedes | Volvo
| Honda | Mercury
| Hyundai | Mitsubishi

1. Volt.
2. Venza.
3. Forte.
4. Insight.
5. Flex.
6. Tiguan.
7. Grand Vitara.
8. Tribute.
9. Santa Fe.
10. 300.

--
Mark Brader | We don't have "m"s in Florida. If it can't be measured
Toronto | in inches and feet, we don't measure it.

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers

<XnsAE54CB733B771Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3722&group=rec.games.trivia#3722

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 19:59:59 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 18:59 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 8, Round 7 - Literature - First Lines of Novels
>
> 2. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking
> thirteen. (1949)

1984
> 3. If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll
> probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy
> childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all
> before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of
> crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know
> the truth. (1951)

To Kill a Mockingbird
> 7. It was a pleasure to burn. (1953)

Farenheit 451

> 10. Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without
> having done anything truly wrong, he was arrested. (1925)

Catch-22

> * Game 8, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Cars and their Manufacturers
>
> We give you a name of a """current""" car model (or it might
> be a minivan, SUV, or crossover, but not a pickup); you tell
> us which manufacturer """makes""" it, from the list provided.
> For manufacturers with distinct marque divisions, you must give
> us the division. For example, if we said Enclave, Buick would be
> the correct answer and not General Motors. Answers may repeat.
>
> | Acura | Infiniti | Nissan
> | Audi | Isuzu | Pontiac
> | BMW | Jeep | Saab
> | Buick | Kia | Saturn
> | Chevrolet | Land Rover | Scion
> | Chrysler | Lexus | Suzuki
> | FIAT | Lincoln | Toyota
> | Ford | Mazda | Volkswagen
> | General Motors | Mercedes | Volvo
> | Honda | Mercury
> | Hyundai | Mitsubishi
>
> 1. Volt.

Chevrolet

> 2. Venza.

Fiat

> 3. Forte.

Lexus

> 4. Insight.

Lincoln

> 5. Flex.

Acura

> 6. Tiguan.

Chevrolet

> 7. Grand Vitara.

Isuzu

> 8. Tribute.

Scion

> 9. Santa Fe.

Mercury

> 10. 300.

BMW

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers

<t090o9$1ov2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3723&group=rec.games.trivia#3723

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:43:38 -0600
 by: Pete Gayde - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 01:43 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-19,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
> and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
> correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
> that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
> on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 8, Round 7 - Literature - First Lines of Novels
>
> We will give you the first line of a novel (or of its English
> translation, if applicable), along with the year that the novel
> was published, and you give us the novel's title.
>
> 1. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in
> possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. (1812)
>
> 2. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking
> thirteen. (1949)

1984

> 3. If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll
> probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy
> childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all
> before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of
> crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know
> the truth. (1951)

Catcher in the Rye

> 4. Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing
> a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.
> (1922)
>
> 5. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy
> in its own way. (1877)
>
> 6. Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or
> whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages
> must show. (1850)
>
> 7. It was a pleasure to burn. (1953)

Fahrenheit 451

> 8. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.
> (1940)
>
> 9. In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some
> advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. (1925)

The Great Gatsby

> 10. Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without
> having done anything truly wrong, he was arrested. (1925)

Metamorphosis

> * Game 8, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Cars and their Manufacturers
>
> We give you a name of a """current""" car model (or it might
> be a minivan, SUV, or crossover, but not a pickup); you tell
> us which manufacturer """makes""" it, from the list provided.
> For manufacturers with distinct marque divisions, you must give
> us the division. For example, if we said Enclave, Buick would be
> the correct answer and not General Motors. Answers may repeat.
>
> | Acura | Infiniti | Nissan
> | Audi | Isuzu | Pontiac
> | BMW | Jeep | Saab
> | Buick | Kia | Saturn
> | Chevrolet | Land Rover | Scion
> | Chrysler | Lexus | Suzuki
> | FIAT | Lincoln | Toyota
> | Ford | Mazda | Volkswagen
> | General Motors | Mercedes | Volvo
> | Honda | Mercury
> | Hyundai | Mitsubishi
>
> 1. Volt.

Chevrolet

> 2. Venza.

Isuzu

> 3. Forte.
Jeep; Mercury

> 4. Insight.

Toyota

> 5. Flex.

Ford

> 6. Tiguan.

Volkswagen

> 7. Grand Vitara.

Suzuki

> 8. Tribute.

Saturn

> 9. Santa Fe.

Kia

> 10. 300.

Chrysler

Pete Gayde

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers

<e2444c93-f09f-457f-91db-62fa1e2be0fdn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3724&group=rec.games.trivia#3724

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:27:06 -0800 (PST)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 03:27 UTC

On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 2:05:34 AM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 8, Round 7 - Literature - First Lines of Novels
>
> We will give you the first line of a novel (or of its English
> translation, if applicable), along with the year that the novel
> was published, and you give us the novel's title.
>
> 1. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in
> possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. (1812)

"Pride and Prejudice"
> 2. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking
> thirteen. (1949)

"1984"

> 3. If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll
> probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy
> childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all
> before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of
> crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know
> the truth. (1951)

"The Catcher in the Rye"

> 4. Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing
> a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.
> (1922)

"Ulysses"

> 5. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy
> in its own way. (1877)

"Anna Karenina"

> 6. Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or
> whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages
> must show. (1850)

"David Copperfield"
(although I would have expected #3 to say "all that <answer #3> kind of crap" in that case)

> 7. It was a pleasure to burn. (1953)

"Fahrenheit 451"

> 8. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.
> (1940)

"The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter"

> 9. In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some
> advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. (1925)

"The Great Gatsby"

> 10. Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without
> having done anything truly wrong, he was arrested. (1925)

"The Trial"

> * Game 8, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Cars and their Manufacturers
>
> We give you a name of a """current""" car model (or it might
> be a minivan, SUV, or crossover, but not a pickup); you tell
> us which manufacturer """makes""" it, from the list provided.
> For manufacturers with distinct marque divisions, you must give
> us the division. For example, if we said Enclave, Buick would be
> the correct answer and not General Motors. Answers may repeat.
>
> | Acura | Infiniti | Nissan
> | Audi | Isuzu | Pontiac
> | BMW | Jeep | Saab
> | Buick | Kia | Saturn
> | Chevrolet | Land Rover | Scion
> | Chrysler | Lexus | Suzuki
> | FIAT | Lincoln | Toyota
> | Ford | Mazda | Volkswagen
> | General Motors | Mercedes | Volvo
> | Honda | Mercury
> | Hyundai | Mitsubishi
>
> 1. Volt.

Chevrolet

> 2. Venza.

Fiat
> 3. Forte.

Mitsubishi

> 4. Insight.

Kia
> 5. Flex.

Isuzu

> 6. Tiguan.

Hyundai; Mitsubishi

> 7. Grand Vitara.

Pontiac; Buick

> 8. Tribute.

Acura; Infiniti

> 9. Santa Fe.

Pontiac; Buick

> 10. 300.

Audi

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers

<t09cj7$4q8$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3725&group=rec.games.trivia#3725

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 05:05:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 05:05 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 8, Round 7 - Literature - First Lines of Novels

> 1. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in
> possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. (1812)

Pride and Prejudice

> 2. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking
> thirteen. (1949)

1984

> 3. If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll
> probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy
> childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all
> before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of
> crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know
> the truth. (1951)

The Catcher in the Rye

> 4. Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing
> a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.
> (1922)

Ulysses

> 5. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy
> in its own way. (1877)

Anna Karenina

> 6. Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or
> whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages
> must show. (1850)

David Copperfield; Great Expectations

> 7. It was a pleasure to burn. (1953)

Fahrenheit 451

> 8. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.
> (1940)

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

> 9. In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some
> advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. (1925)

The Great Gatsby

> 10. Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without
> having done anything truly wrong, he was arrested. (1925)

The Trial

> * Game 8, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Cars and their Manufacturers

> 1. Volt.

Chevrolet

> 2. Venza.

Nissan; Mitsubishi

> 3. Forte.

Hyundai; Ford

> 4. Insight.

Honda

> 5. Flex.

Suzuki; Nissan

> 6. Tiguan.

Volkswagen

> 7. Grand Vitara.

Pontiac

> 8. Tribute.

Lincoln

> 9. Santa Fe.

Mercury; Pontiac

> 10. 300.

Mercedes

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8 answers: first lines, carmakers

<5rydnQ-jQ9W1lbb_nZ2dnUU7-XfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3726&group=rec.games.trivia#3726

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8 answers: first lines, carmakers
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 02:28:24 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 08:28 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-19,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 8, Round 7 - Literature - First Lines of Novels

> We will give you the first line of a novel (or of its English
> translation, if applicable), along with the year that the novel
> was published, and you give us the novel's title.

This was the easiest round in the original game.

> 1. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in
> possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. (1812)

"Pride and Prejudice" (by Jane Austen). 4 for Joshua and Dan.

> 2. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking
> thirteen. (1949)

"Nineteen Eighty-Four" (George Orwell). 4 for everyone -- Erland,
Pete, Joshua, and Dan.

> 3. If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll
> probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy
> childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all
> before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of
> crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know
> the truth. (1951)

"The Catcher in the Rye" (J.D. Salinger). 4 for Pete, Joshua,
and Dan.

> 4. Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing
> a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.
> (1922)

"Ulysses" (James Joyce). 4 for Joshua and Dan.

> 5. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy
> in its own way. (1877)

"Anna Karenina" (Leo Tolstoy). 4 for Joshua and Dan.

> 6. Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or
> whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages
> must show. (1850)

"David Copperfield" (Charles Dickens). 4 for Joshua. 3 for Dan.

> 7. It was a pleasure to burn. (1953)

"Fahrenheit 451" (Ray Bradbury). 4 for everyone.

> 8. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.
> (1940)

"The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" (Carson McCullers). 4 for Joshua
and Dan.

> 9. In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some
> advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. (1925)

"The Great Gatsby" (F. Scott Fitzgerald). 4 for Pete, Joshua,
and Dan.

> 10. Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without
> having done anything truly wrong, he was arrested. (1925)

"The Trial" (Franz Kafka). 4 for Joshua and Dan.

Obviously, #5 and #10 were not originally in English.

> * Game 8, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Cars and their Manufacturers

> We give you a name of a """current""" car model (or it might
> be a minivan, SUV, or crossover, but not a pickup); you tell
> us which manufacturer """makes""" it, from the list provided.
> For manufacturers with distinct marque divisions, you must give
> us the division. For example, if we said Enclave, Buick would be
> the correct answer and not General Motors. Answers may repeat.

> | Acura | Infiniti | Nissan
> | Audi | Isuzu | Pontiac
> | BMW | Jeep | Saab
> | Buick | Kia | Saturn
> | Chevrolet | Land Rover | Scion
> | Chrysler | Lexus | Suzuki
> | FIAT | Lincoln | Toyota
> | Ford | Mazda | Volkswagen
> | General Motors | Mercedes | Volvo
> | Honda | Mercury
> | Hyundai | Mitsubishi

> 1. Volt.

Chevrolet. (Still true.) 4 for everyone.

> 2. Venza.

Toyota. (Still true.)

> 3. Forte.

Kia. (Still true.)

> 4. Insight.

Honda. (Still true.) 4 for Dan.

> 5. Flex.

Ford. (Last produced 2019.) 4 for Pete.

> 6. Tiguan.

Volkswagen. (Still true.) 4 for Pete and Dan.

> 7. Grand Vitara.

Suzuki. (Renamed Vitara in 2015.) 4 for Pete.

> 8. Tribute.

Mazda. (Still true.)

> 9. Santa Fe.

Hyundai. (Still true.)

> 10. 300.

Chrysler. (Still true.) 4 for Pete.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 8 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 BEST
TOPICS-> Ent Sci Spo Can Lit Mis FOUR
Joshua Kreitzer 40 5 26 16 40 4 122
Dan Blum 28 3 16 7 39 12 95
Pete Gayde 8 17 23 20 16 20 80
Dan Tilque 0 13 0 12 -- -- 25
Erland Sommarskog -- -- -- -- 8 4 12

--
Mark Brader, Toronto "History will be kind to me, for I intend
msb@vex.net to write it." -- Churchill

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers

<4tadnZfRysMjlbb_nZ2dnUU7-ffNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3727&group=rec.games.trivia#3727

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 02:30:54 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 08:30 UTC

Joshua Kreitzer:
> (...I would have expected #3 to say "all that <answer [6]> kind of crap"...)

Considering that all the questions were independent, I didn't consider
doing that; and if I had, I probably would still have left this alone.
The mention of a novel in one question doesn't really help in answering
the other one.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Some people open all the windows:
msb@vex.net | wise wives welcome spring by moving the UNIX."

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers

<t0f23i$c5l$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3729&group=rec.games.trivia#3729

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 00:43:27 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 08:43 UTC

On 3/8/22 00:05, Mark Brader wrote:

I know this is too late.

> * Game 8, Round 7 - Literature - First Lines of Novels
>
> We will give you the first line of a novel (or of its English
> translation, if applicable), along with the year that the novel
> was published, and you give us the novel's title.
>
> 1. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in
> possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. (1812)

Pride and Predjudice

> 2. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking
> thirteen. (1949)

1984

> 3. If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll
> probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy
> childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all
> before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of
> crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know
> the truth. (1951)

Catcher in the Rye

> 4. Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing
> a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.
> (1922)

The Great Gatsby

> 5. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy
> in its own way. (1877)
>
> 6. Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or
> whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages
> must show. (1850)
>
> 7. It was a pleasure to burn. (1953)

Fahrenheit 451

> 8. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.
> (1940)
>
> 9. In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some
> advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. (1925)
>
> 10. Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without
> having done anything truly wrong, he was arrested. (1925)
>

> * Game 8, Round 8 - Miscellaneous - Cars and their Manufacturers
>
> We give you a name of a """current""" car model (or it might
> be a minivan, SUV, or crossover, but not a pickup); you tell
> us which manufacturer """makes""" it, from the list provided.
> For manufacturers with distinct marque divisions, you must give
> us the division. For example, if we said Enclave, Buick would be
> the correct answer and not General Motors. Answers may repeat.
>
> | Acura | Infiniti | Nissan
> | Audi | Isuzu | Pontiac
> | BMW | Jeep | Saab
> | Buick | Kia | Saturn
> | Chevrolet | Land Rover | Scion
> | Chrysler | Lexus | Suzuki
> | FIAT | Lincoln | Toyota
> | Ford | Mazda | Volkswagen
> | General Motors | Mercedes | Volvo
> | Honda | Mercury
> | Hyundai | Mitsubishi
>
> 1. Volt.

Chevrolet

> 2. Venza.
> 3. Forte.
> 4. Insight.
> 5. Flex.
> 6. Tiguan.
> 7. Grand Vitara.

Dodge

> 8. Tribute.

Hyundai

> 9. Santa Fe.

Kia

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 8, Rounds 7-8: first lines, carmakers

<cMqdnTXuEJZyyLb_nZ2dnUU7-RHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3730&group=rec.games.trivia#3730

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 08:00:15 -0600
 by: Mark Brader - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:00 UTC

If Dan Tilque had posted his answers on time, he would have scored
16 points on Round 7 and 4 points on Round 8.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "There is no Planet B."
msb@vex.net -- Emmanuel Macron