From: ldo...@nz.invalid (Lawrence D'Oliveiro)
Newsgroups: alt.politics,nz.politics,aus.politics
Subject: Who Is Behind “Havana Syndrome”?
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 20:14:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lawrence D'Oliv - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 20:14 UTC

You might remember those odd, random-seeming cases from a few years
ago of various people attached to US embassies around the world
suffering attacks of dizziness, headaches etc.

There was some suspicion that some “foreign” entity was targeting
these people with some secret radiation-based weapon.

To me, it seemed the analysts were not joining the dots: if some
particular adversary of the US was responsible, they would likely be
targeting other countries than the US as well. But no reports of such
incidents have been reported from any other country.

Therefore, it seemed logical that the responsible entity was within
the US itself. As to what they were trying to achieve, clearly they
were not achieving anything, but most likely they *thought* they were:
perhaps they believed they had some kind of device that could perform
such an implausible task as being able to control minds or read
thoughts or something. Remember, we’re trying to uncover motive here,
not actual results.

Does such a machine sound like the kind of ridiculous idea some
right-wing nut cases like those allied with Trump or QAnon might
believe? Somebody with access to sufficient funds to finance the
development of such a machine (or at least to handsomely pay someone
who claimed they could build such a machine)? You might say that; I
couldn’t possibly comment.

On the bright side, this report
<https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/18/no-evidence-of-brain-injury-in-people-suffering-havana-syndrome-us-study>
says the victims don’t seem to have suffered any brain injury. It also
contains the quote:

But several US intelligence agencies concluded last year that it
was “very unlikely” that a foreign adversary was responsible for
Havana Syndrome.

That kind of narrows it down, don’t you think?

Re: Who Is Behind “Havana Syndrome”?

<op.2kuk3gtobyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37428&group=alt.politics#37428

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.politics,nz.politics,aus.politics
Subject: Re: Who Is Behind “Havana Syndrome”?
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 08:10:18 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 21:10 UTC

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid> wrote

> You might remember those odd, random-seeming cases froma few years ago
> of various people attached to US embassiesaround the world suffering
> attacks of dizziness, headaches etc.

> There was some suspicion that some “foreign” entity was targeting
> these people with some secret radiation-based weapon.

> To me, it seemed the analysts were not joining the dots: if some
> particular adversary of the US was responsible, they would likelybe
> targeting other countries than the US as well. But no reportsof such
> incidents have been reported from any other country.

> Therefore, it seemed logical that the responsibleentity was within the
> US itself.

More likely nothing ever happened. Its completely fucking
routine to detect radiation levels that can do that.

> As to what they were trying to achieve,clearly they were not achieving
> anything,

Much more likely no one was ever doing anything
given thatits completely fucking routine to detect
radiation levels that can do that.

> but most likely they *thought* they were:
> perhaps they believed they had some kind of device thatcould perform
> such an implausible task as being able tocontrol minds or read thoughts
> or something.

More likely nothing ever happened. Its completely fucking
routine to detect radiation levels that can do that.

> Remember, we’re trying to uncover motive here, not actual results.

Just how many of you are there between those ears ?

> Does such a machine

There is no such machine.

> sound like the kind of ridiculous idea some right-wing nutcases like
> those allied with Trump or QAnon might believe?

Just some fool like you that needs to lay off the wacky weed

> Somebody with access to sufficient funds to finance the
> development of such a machine (or at least to handsomelypay someone who
> claimed they could build such a machine)?You might say that; I couldn’t
> possibly comment.

Pathetic

> On the bright side, this report
> <https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/18/no-evidence-of-brain-injury-in-people-suffering-havana-syndrome-us-study>
> says the victims don’t seem to have suffered any brain injury.

Because there is no brain to injure.

> It also contains the quote:

> But several US intelligence agencies concluded last year that it
> was “very unlikely” that a foreign adversary was responsible for
> Havana Syndrome.

Given that jts completely fucking routine
to detect radiation levels that can do that.

> That kind of narrows it down, don’t you think?

Nope, dope.