Don't get even -- get odd!

interests / rec.games.trivia / Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6 answers: successors, baseball

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseballMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseballJoshua Kreitzer
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseballDan Blum
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseballErland Sommarskog
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseballDan Tilque
+- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseballPete Gayde
`* RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6 answers: successors, baseballMark Brader
 +- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6 answers: successors, baseballErland Sommarskog
 `- Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6 answers: successors, baseballDan Tilque

1
RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseball

<Z4mdnT46TPu6Kq__nZ2dnUU7-XnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3743&group=rec.games.trivia#3743

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseball
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 23:20:55 -0500
 by: Mark Brader - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 04:20 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-26,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 9, Round 4 - History - Who Succeeded Them?

We name a person and a job position, and you tell us who was
their immediate successor in that job.

1. Bill Davis, as Premier of Ontario.
2. Queen Victoria, as monarch of the UK.
3. Edward Heath, as Prime Minister of the UK.
4. Sir Wilfrid Laurier, as Prime Minister of Canada.
5. U Thant, as Secretary-General of the United Nations.
6. Robert Bourassa, in his *first* stint as Premier of Quebec.
7. King Richard I (Richard the Lionheart), as monarch of England.

8. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, as Secretary-General of the United
Nations.

9. William Lyon Mackenzie King, in his *last* stint as Prime
Minister of Canada.

10. Charles de Gaulle, as President of France. (Not the interim
acting president, Alain Poher; the next regular president.)

* Game 9, Round 6 - Sports - Baseball

With the start of the baseball season just """a few weeks away""",
a round on baseball.

1. In what Florida city """do""" the Blue Jays hold their annual
spring training?

2. The spring training exhibition games held each year in Florida
are informally known as the Grapefruit League. What similar
name is given to exhibition games played in Arizona?

3. The 1927 New York Yankees included a number of top home-run
hitters, led by Babe Ruth hitting his 60 and Lou Gehrig at 47.
What was the collective nickname of the Yankee batting lineup
that year?

4. The Yankees adopted that name in 1913. Give *either one*
of their two previous names.

5. This player """leads all active players""" with 629 career home
runs and was the youngest-ever player to reach 500 home runs.
However, his career """has been""" tainted by an admission of
steroid use. Who is he?

6. This player, who retired in 2005, is a member of the exclusive
500-home-run club and the 3,000-hit club. However, he tested
positive for steroids only months after testifying to Congress
that he had never used them. Who is he?

7. What Baltimore Orioles manager was ejected 91 times in his
career?

8. What player hit 70 home runs in 1998, a single-season record
at the time?

9. This San Francisco ballpark was famous for its brutal winds:
in the 1961 All-Star Game a pitcher committed a balk when blown
off the mound by a gust of wind. Name the stadium.

10. At what stadium did the Montreal Expos play their home games
from 1969 to 1976?

--
Mark Brader | "Nitwit ideas are for emergencies. The rest of the
Toronto | time you go by the Book, which is mostly a collection

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseball

<90549063-1975-4929-92fa-b9de1be901ecn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3744&group=rec.games.trivia#3744

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 21:58:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 04:58 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 11:21:01 PM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 9, Round 4 - History - Who Succeeded Them?
>
> We name a person and a job position, and you tell us who was
> their immediate successor in that job.
>
> 2. Queen Victoria, as monarch of the UK.

Edward VII

> 3. Edward Heath, as Prime Minister of the UK.

James Callaghan

> 5. U Thant, as Secretary-General of the United Nations.

Kurt Waldheim

> 7. King Richard I (Richard the Lionheart), as monarch of England.

John
> 8. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, as Secretary-General of the United
> Nations.

Kofi Annan

> * Game 9, Round 6 - Sports - Baseball
>
> With the start of the baseball season just """a few weeks away""",
> a round on baseball.
>
> 1. In what Florida city """do""" the Blue Jays hold their annual
> spring training?

Dunedin

> 2. The spring training exhibition games held each year in Florida
> are informally known as the Grapefruit League. What similar
> name is given to exhibition games played in Arizona?

Cactus League

> 3. The 1927 New York Yankees included a number of top home-run
> hitters, led by Babe Ruth hitting his 60 and Lou Gehrig at 47.
> What was the collective nickname of the Yankee batting lineup
> that year?

Murderers Row

> 4. The Yankees adopted that name in 1913. Give *either one*
> of their two previous names.

New York Highlanders

> 5. This player """leads all active players""" with 629 career home
> runs and was the youngest-ever player to reach 500 home runs.
> However, his career """has been""" tainted by an admission of
> steroid use. Who is he?

Barry Bonds

> 6. This player, who retired in 2005, is a member of the exclusive
> 500-home-run club and the 3,000-hit club. However, he tested
> positive for steroids only months after testifying to Congress
> that he had never used them. Who is he?

Sammy Sosa

> 7. What Baltimore Orioles manager was ejected 91 times in his
> career?

Earl Weaver
> 8. What player hit 70 home runs in 1998, a single-season record
> at the time?

Mark McGwire

> 9. This San Francisco ballpark was famous for its brutal winds:
> in the 1961 All-Star Game a pitcher committed a balk when blown
> off the mound by a gust of wind. Name the stadium.

Candlestick Park

> 10. At what stadium did the Montreal Expos play their home games
> from 1969 to 1976?

Jarry Park

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseball

<t0uffr$clr$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3745&group=rec.games.trivia#3745

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 05:03:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 05:03 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 9, Round 4 - History - Who Succeeded Them?

> 2. Queen Victoria, as monarch of the UK.

King Edward VII

> 3. Edward Heath, as Prime Minister of the UK.

Margaret Thatcher

> 4. Sir Wilfrid Laurier, as Prime Minister of Canada.

King

> 5. U Thant, as Secretary-General of the United Nations.

Kurt Waldheim

> 7. King Richard I (Richard the Lionheart), as monarch of England.

King John

> 8. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, as Secretary-General of the United
> Nations.

Kofi Annan

> * Game 9, Round 6 - Sports - Baseball

> 1. In what Florida city """do""" the Blue Jays hold their annual
> spring training?

Tampa; Boca Raton

> 2. The spring training exhibition games held each year in Florida
> are informally known as the Grapefruit League. What similar
> name is given to exhibition games played in Arizona?

Cactus League

> 3. The 1927 New York Yankees included a number of top home-run
> hitters, led by Babe Ruth hitting his 60 and Lou Gehrig at 47.
> What was the collective nickname of the Yankee batting lineup
> that year?

Murderer's Row

> 5. This player """leads all active players""" with 629 career home
> runs and was the youngest-ever player to reach 500 home runs.
> However, his career """has been""" tainted by an admission of
> steroid use. Who is he?

Alex Rodriguez

> 6. This player, who retired in 2005, is a member of the exclusive
> 500-home-run club and the 3,000-hit club. However, he tested
> positive for steroids only months after testifying to Congress
> that he had never used them. Who is he?

Mark McGwire; Barry Bonds

> 8. What player hit 70 home runs in 1998, a single-season record
> at the time?

Mark McGwire

> 9. This San Francisco ballpark was famous for its brutal winds:
> in the 1961 All-Star Game a pitcher committed a balk when blown
> off the mound by a gust of wind. Name the stadium.

Candlestick Park

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseball

<XnsAE5DCFD53A31Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3746&group=rec.games.trivia#3746

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 20:25:50 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 19:25 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 9, Round 4 - History - Who Succeeded Them?
>
> 2. Queen Victoria, as monarch of the UK.

Edward VII

> 3. Edward Heath, as Prime Minister of the UK.

James Callahan

> 5. U Thant, as Secretary-General of the United Nations.

Kurt Waldheim

> 7. King Richard I (Richard the Lionheart), as monarch of England.

John Lackland

> 8. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, as Secretary-General of the United
> Nations.

Kofi Annan
> 10. Charles de Gaulle, as President of France. (Not the interim
> acting president, Alain Poher; the next regular president.)

Pompidou

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseball

<t10hcd$ra1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3747&group=rec.games.trivia#3747

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 16:48:26 -0700
 by: Dan Tilque - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 23:48 UTC

On 3/16/22 21:20, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 9, Round 4 - History - Who Succeeded Them?
>
> We name a person and a job position, and you tell us who was
> their immediate successor in that job.
>
> 1. Bill Davis, as Premier of Ontario.
> 2. Queen Victoria, as monarch of the UK.

Edward VII

> 3. Edward Heath, as Prime Minister of the UK.

Wilson

> 4. Sir Wilfrid Laurier, as Prime Minister of Canada.

MacKenzie

> 5. U Thant, as Secretary-General of the United Nations.
> 6. Robert Bourassa, in his *first* stint as Premier of Quebec.
> 7. King Richard I (Richard the Lionheart), as monarch of England.

King John

> 8. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, as Secretary-General of the United
> Nations.
>
> 9. William Lyon Mackenzie King, in his *last* stint as Prime
> Minister of Canada.
>
> 10. Charles de Gaulle, as President of France. (Not the interim
> acting president, Alain Poher; the next regular president.)

Chirac

> * Game 9, Round 6 - Sports - Baseball
>
> With the start of the baseball season just """a few weeks away""",
> a round on baseball.
>
> 1. In what Florida city """do""" the Blue Jays hold their annual
> spring training?
>
> 2. The spring training exhibition games held each year in Florida
> are informally known as the Grapefruit League. What similar
> name is given to exhibition games played in Arizona?

Cactus League

> 3. The 1927 New York Yankees included a number of top home-run
> hitters, led by Babe Ruth hitting his 60 and Lou Gehrig at 47.
> What was the collective nickname of the Yankee batting lineup
> that year?

Murderers Row

> 4. The Yankees adopted that name in 1913. Give *either one*
> of their two previous names.

Highlanders

> 5. This player """leads all active players""" with 629 career home
> runs and was the youngest-ever player to reach 500 home runs.
> However, his career """has been""" tainted by an admission of
> steroid use. Who is he?

Barry Bonds

> 6. This player, who retired in 2005, is a member of the exclusive
> 500-home-run club and the 3,000-hit club. However, he tested
> positive for steroids only months after testifying to Congress
> that he had never used them. Who is he?

Mark McGwire

> 7. What Baltimore Orioles manager was ejected 91 times in his
> career?
>
> 8. What player hit 70 home runs in 1998, a single-season record
> at the time?

McGwire

> 9. This San Francisco ballpark was famous for its brutal winds:
> in the 1961 All-Star Game a pitcher committed a balk when blown
> off the mound by a gust of wind. Name the stadium.

Candlestick Park

> 10. At what stadium did the Montreal Expos play their home games
> from 1969 to 1976?

Olympic Stadium

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6: successors, baseball

<t12e4c$14pl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3748&group=rec.games.trivia#3748

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 12:05:17 -0500
 by: Pete Gayde - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 17:05 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-26,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of Footloose and Firkin Free, but have been reformatted
> and may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
> correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """ notation
> that may appear in these rounds, see my 2021-07-20 companion posting
> on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 9, Round 4 - History - Who Succeeded Them?
>
> We name a person and a job position, and you tell us who was
> their immediate successor in that job.
>
> 1. Bill Davis, as Premier of Ontario.
> 2. Queen Victoria, as monarch of the UK.

King William

> 3. Edward Heath, as Prime Minister of the UK.

Wilson

> 4. Sir Wilfrid Laurier, as Prime Minister of Canada.

Diefenbaker

> 5. U Thant, as Secretary-General of the United Nations.

Kurt Waldheim

> 6. Robert Bourassa, in his *first* stint as Premier of Quebec.
> 7. King Richard I (Richard the Lionheart), as monarch of England.

King James II; Queen Elizabeth I

> 8. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, as Secretary-General of the United
> Nations.

Kofi Annan

> 9. William Lyon Mackenzie King, in his *last* stint as Prime
> Minister of Canada.

Diefenbaker

> 10. Charles de Gaulle, as President of France. (Not the interim
> acting president, Alain Poher; the next regular president.)

Pompidou

> * Game 9, Round 6 - Sports - Baseball
>
> With the start of the baseball season just """a few weeks away""",
> a round on baseball.
>
> 1. In what Florida city """do""" the Blue Jays hold their annual
> spring training?

Dunedin

> 2. The spring training exhibition games held each year in Florida
> are informally known as the Grapefruit League. What similar
> name is given to exhibition games played in Arizona?

Cactus League

> 3. The 1927 New York Yankees included a number of top home-run
> hitters, led by Babe Ruth hitting his 60 and Lou Gehrig at 47.
> What was the collective nickname of the Yankee batting lineup
> that year?

Murderers Row

> 4. The Yankees adopted that name in 1913. Give *either one*
> of their two previous names.

Highlanders

> 5. This player """leads all active players""" with 629 career home
> runs and was the youngest-ever player to reach 500 home runs.
> However, his career """has been""" tainted by an admission of
> steroid use. Who is he?

Alex Rodriguez

> 6. This player, who retired in 2005, is a member of the exclusive
> 500-home-run club and the 3,000-hit club. However, he tested
> positive for steroids only months after testifying to Congress
> that he had never used them. Who is he?

Rafael Palmeiro

> 7. What Baltimore Orioles manager was ejected 91 times in his
> career?

Earl Weaver

> 8. What player hit 70 home runs in 1998, a single-season record
> at the time?

McGwire

> 9. This San Francisco ballpark was famous for its brutal winds:
> in the 1961 All-Star Game a pitcher committed a balk when blown
> off the mound by a gust of wind. Name the stadium.

Candlestick Park

> 10. At what stadium did the Montreal Expos play their home games
> from 1969 to 1976?

Jarry Park

Pete Gayde

RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6 answers: successors, baseball

<fdGdnUUDIsjxN6v_nZ2dnUU7-cvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3749&group=rec.games.trivia#3749

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6 answers: successors, baseball
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 23:15:40 -0500
 by: Mark Brader - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 04:15 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2012-03-26,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2021-07-20 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 9, Round 4 - History - Who Succeeded Them?

> We name a person and a job position, and you tell us who was
> their immediate successor in that job.

> 1. Bill Davis, as Premier of Ontario.

Frank Miller (succeeded him in 1985).

> 2. Queen Victoria, as monarch of the UK.

King Edward VII (in 1901). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Erland,
and Dan Tilque.

> 3. Edward Heath, as Prime Minister of the UK.

Harold Wilson (in 1974). 4 for Dan Tilque and Pete.

> 4. Sir Wilfrid Laurier, as Prime Minister of Canada.

Robert Borden (you know, the guy on the $100 bill) (in 1911).

> 5. U Thant, as Secretary-General of the United Nations.

Kurt Waldheim (in 1972). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Erland, and Pete.

> 6. Robert Bourassa, in his *first* stint as Premier of Quebec.

René Lévesque (in 1976).

> 7. King Richard I (Richard the Lionheart), as monarch of England.

King John (in 1199). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Erland, and Dan Tilque.

> 8. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, as Secretary-General of the United
> Nations.

Kofi Annan (in 1997). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Erland, and Pete.

> 9. William Lyon Mackenzie King, in his *last* stint as Prime
> Minister of Canada.

Louis St-Laurent (in 1948).

> 10. Charles de Gaulle, as President of France. (Not the interim
> acting president, Alain Poher; the next regular president.)

Georges Pompidou (in 1969). 4 for Erland and Pete.

Although I hadn't watched the episode when I posted this set, a
few hours earlier "Jeopardy!" had a category on this same topic.
In their version they provided the transition dates, but only some
of the job titles. Restyling their questions similarly to ours,
in the order used on the show they asked about:

$600. Hubert H. Humphrey, as US Vice-President (in 1969).
$800. Milton Obote, as President of Uganda (in 1971).
$200. René Coty, as President of France (in 1959).
$400. King William IV (in 1837).
$1,000. Yoshihito (in 1926).

Answer these now (quoting from this posting in the usual manner)
if you like for fun, but for no points. I will reveal the correct
answers along with those for Rounds 7-8 of this game.

> * Game 9, Round 6 - Sports - Baseball

> With the start of the baseball season just """a few weeks away""",
> a round on baseball.

> 1. In what Florida city """do""" the Blue Jays hold their annual
> spring training?

Dunedin. (Still true.) 4 for Joshua and Pete.

> 2. The spring training exhibition games held each year in Florida
> are informally known as the Grapefruit League. What similar
> name is given to exhibition games played in Arizona?

Cactus League. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 3. The 1927 New York Yankees included a number of top home-run
> hitters, led by Babe Ruth hitting his 60 and Lou Gehrig at 47.
> What was the collective nickname of the Yankee batting lineup
> that year?

Murderers' Row. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 4. The Yankees adopted that name in 1913. Give *either one*
> of their two previous names.

(Baltimore) Orioles, (New York) Highlanders. 4 for Joshua,
Dan Tilque, and Pete.

The present-day Baltimore Orioles are, of course, unrelated.
They were previously known as the St. Louis Browns and before
that the Milwaukee Brewers. And they in turn are unrelated to the
present-day Milwaukee Brewers, previously known as the Seattle Pilots.
I am not making this up.

> 5. This player """leads all active players""" with 629 career home
> runs and was the youngest-ever player to reach 500 home runs.
> However, his career """has been""" tainted by an admission of
> steroid use. Who is he?

Alex Rodriguez. (His home-run total reached 696 before he retired
in 2016.) 4 for Dan Blum and Pete.

Barry Bonds hit 762 home runs, but he had already retired in 2007.

> 6. This player, who retired in 2005, is a member of the exclusive
> 500-home-run club and the 3,000-hit club. However, he tested
> positive for steroids only months after testifying to Congress
> that he had never used them. Who is he?

Raphael Palmeiro. 4 for Pete.

> 7. What Baltimore Orioles manager was ejected 91 times in his
> career?

Earl Weaver. 4 for Joshua and Pete.

> 8. What player hit 70 home runs in 1998, a single-season record
> at the time?

Mark McGwire. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 9. This San Francisco ballpark was famous for its brutal winds:
> in the 1961 All-Star Game a pitcher committed a balk when blown
> off the mound by a gust of wind. Name the stadium.

Candlestick Park. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 10. At what stadium did the Montreal Expos play their home games
> from 1969 to 1976?

Jarry Park. 4 for Joshua and Pete.

They left Montreal in 2005 and are now the Washington Nationals.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 9 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Can Ent His Spo
Joshua Kreitzer 16 39 16 32 103
Pete Gayde 8 16 16 40 80
Dan Blum 4 12 16 20 52
Dan Tilque 4 4 12 20 40
Erland Sommarskog -- -- 20 0 20

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "GUALITY IS FIRST"
msb@vex.net | --slogan of "Dongda electron CO.,LTD"

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6 answers: successors, baseball

<XnsAE6071EEC27A1Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3752&group=rec.games.trivia#3752

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:12:00 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 10:12 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> $600. Hubert H. Humphrey, as US Vice-President (in 1969).

Spiro Agenew

> $800. Milton Obote, as President of Uganda (in 1971).

Idi Amin

> $200. René Coty, as President of France (in 1959).

Charle de Gaulle

> $400. King William IV (in 1837).

Queen Victoria

> $1,000. Yoshihito (in 1926).

Hirohito

Re: RQFTCIFFF12 Game 9, Rounds 4,6 answers: successors, baseball

<t192rh$5kn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3755&group=rec.games.trivia#3755

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 22:35:42 -0700
 by: Dan Tilque - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 05:35 UTC

On 3/19/22 21:15, Mark Brader wrote:

> Although I hadn't watched the episode when I posted this set, a
> few hours earlier "Jeopardy!" had a category on this same topic.
> In their version they provided the transition dates, but only some
> of the job titles. Restyling their questions similarly to ours,
> in the order used on the show they asked about:
>
> $600. Hubert H. Humphrey, as US Vice-President (in 1969).

Spiro Agnew

> $800. Milton Obote, as President of Uganda (in 1971).

Idi Amin

> $200. René Coty, as President of France (in 1959).

Charles DeGalle

> $400. King William IV (in 1837).

Queen Victoria

> $1,000. Yoshihito (in 1926).