From: campb...@neotext.ca (Dhu on Gate)
Newsgroups: can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: Our current Taxation Systems
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:55:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dhu on Gate - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:55 UTC

are necessary to support socially useful/valuable mechanisms
of a nation state: public safety, clean water, sewers, public schools...

but they are implemented to advantage those possessing wealth
over those creating wealth by some social unwillingness to address
the real source of a modern Nation State's finance: Currency inflation.

Currency inflation needs to be seen for what it is: a tax on
existing wealth, and it's current local rate is the take of
*whoever controls the "money presses"*.

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton a Campbell

Re: Our current Taxation Systems

<utje47$2q9ff$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37521&group=alt.politics#37521

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: Re: Our current Taxation Systems
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:04:08 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 08:04 UTC

Dhu on Gate, <news:uthhpn$1o4po$3@dont-email.me>

> are necessary to support socially useful/valuable mechanisms
> of a nation state: public safety, clean water, sewers, public schools...
>
> but they are implemented to advantage those possessing wealth
> over those creating wealth by some social unwillingness to address
> the real source of a modern Nation State's finance: Currency inflation.
>
> Currency inflation needs to be seen for what it is: a tax on
> existing wealth, and it's current local rate is the take of
> *whoever controls the "money presses"*.

Also the currency inflation is what defines prosperity
of the overbloated financial sector of economy, which
itself doesn't produce things that have use value, but
a large part of it thrives at the expense of those who
seek to somehow preserve their savings from inflation.

Re: Our current Taxation Systems

<utm8b8$3i1p9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37553&group=alt.politics#37553

From: campb...@neotext.ca (Dhu on Gate)
Newsgroups: can.politics,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:45:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dhu on Gate - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:45 UTC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:04:08 +0300, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

> Dhu on Gate, <news:uthhpn$1o4po$3@dont-email.me>
>
>> are necessary to support socially useful/valuable mechanisms
>> of a nation state: public safety, clean water, sewers, public schools...
>>
>> but they are implemented to advantage those possessing wealth
>> over those creating wealth by some social unwillingness to address
>> the real source of a modern Nation State's finance: Currency inflation.
>>
>> Currency inflation needs to be seen for what it is: a tax on
>> existing wealth, and it's current local rate is the take of
>> *whoever controls the "money presses"*.
>
> Also the currency inflation is what defines prosperity
> of the overbloated financial sector of economy, which
> itself doesn't produce things that have use value, but

Used to be (from about the 15thC) inflation ran at about 3% PA.
With the 20thC we moved to a 7++ situation as modern banking
practice inflates currency by being able to lend more than
they have.

> a large part of it thrives at the expense of those who
> seek to somehow preserve their savings from inflation.

Ya. Like much else money is a "use it or lose it" proposition ;-)

Dhu